Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sheep Management App

• 25-01-2018 11:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭

Anyone use a mobile app for tracking the ewes? I just takes notes on my phone but am looking at using an app for it now. Anyone use herdwatch for sheep and whats it like?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,102 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Have an excel sheet to track cost, another calendar to track when (hopefully) they should lamb and a few  alarms on the phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

arctictree wrote: »
    Anyone use a mobile app for tracking the ewes? I just takes notes on my phone but am looking at using an app for it now. Anyone use herdwatch for sheep and whats it like?

What are u trying to track exactly? Medicine and meals is it or fertiliser or grass aswell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭arctictree

What are u trying to track exactly? Medicine and meals is it or fertiliser or grass aswell?

Just something where I can look at a ewes tag and then look up all her history. Would be useful around culling time and for flock performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

We give each ewe a flock number to match her tag and have a service sheet and a lambing sheet which is put into the computer on an excel sheet and can go back on lambing dates for each ewe and numbers reared and how the ewe performed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Lambman

We give each ewe a flock number to match her tag and have a service sheet and a lambing sheet which is put into the computer on an excel sheet and can go back on lambing dates for each ewe and numbers reared and how the ewe performed.
    Do much the same here only I use management tags different colours for different years replacements and individual numbers

• Advertisement
Advertisement