Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling a property privately

Options
  • 25-01-2018 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I have a property I want to sell but avoid as much of the hassle with viewings etc. I also want to sell as quick as possible. I have a price in my head that I would be happy with and in the interests of a drawn out bidding process I will be happy to sell at this price.
    Is it possible to approach an Estate Agent and ask him has he any interested parties on file who are looking in the area and may be interested? Is this something Estate Agents would do? At this point, I do not want to advertise on Daft or any other means.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Is there a reason that you don’t want to achieve the best price available?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

If selling quick is your main priority you're most likely looking for a cash buyer.
    The stage of advertising/viewing isn't the one that takes long, it's the legal process depending on what's involved. A lot of it depends on you too, if the deeds are still with the bank requesting them can take a few weeks. If you have all the documents get your solicitor to set up the contracts already, so they're ready to go.

I'm sure it wouldn't hurt calling local estate agents and ask them for buyers that are ready to go, but they might get you on the hook for charges there, be careful.

Also assuming you're not in an area of high demand, it might take a bit longer.

Advertisement