Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citywest commute

Options
  • 25-01-2018 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just doing some research on the commute to citywest from Kilkenny.  I have seen some folks on here discuss it previously.  Interested to know journey time to arrive for 8:00 / 8:30 / 9:00. And similarly return journey if leaving Citywest at 5:00 / 5:30 / 6:00.
    Are the new widening works having much of an impact?

Jumpa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Hi,
    Just doing some research on the commute to citywest from Kilkenny.  I have seen some folks on here discuss it previously.  Interested to know journey time to arrive for 8:00 / 8:30 / 9:00. And similarly return journey if leaving Citywest at 5:00 / 5:30 / 6:00.

Jumpa

A good morning where it all moves well and no delays...I've done it in 55 mins from the Hebron road.
    But obviously that is not representative of the bad mornings where there has been a crash (frequent on the N7/M7)...I'd say 75-90 mins is realistic.
    No idea how the roadworks re faring yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Thanks.
    90 = a bad day.
    75 = average?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Thanks.
    90 = a bad day.
    75 = average?

About that, but home could be more, evenings usually worse! Especially Fridays and bank hols. Another option could be Dublin Coach to Newlands and Luas to citywest but could imagine that would be slower and unreliable depending on work times/felxibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭PeterCasey

Hi,

Jumpa

I was in Dublin to day with a lorry in before seven am tipped and reloaded the traffic was slow enough but it was moving that was ten am.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Thanks.
    90 = a bad day.
    75 = average?

At 6:30 every morning it’s bumper to bumper from M9 merge northbound as far as Naas north. Slow moving. You’d still do it from Hebron rd in an hour 10 depending on your motorway speed habits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Check traffic maps as you get towards Kilcullen
    AA is best https://www.theaa.ie/routes/

If dark red line is long then use the back road...

Kilcullen towards Naas, turn right at TwoMile house towards and past Punchestown, cut across the Naas/Blessington road and continue either all through to Rathcoole and then into Citywest or turn off toward Kill and rejoin N7.

Particularly good return route for Friday evenings.

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Check traffic maps as you get towards Kilcullen
    AA is best https://www.theaa.ie/routes/

If dark red line is long then use the back road...

Kilcullen towards Naas, turn right at TwoMile house towards and past Punchestown, cut across the Naas/Blessington road and continue either all through to Rathcoole and then into Citywest or turn off toward Kill and rejoin N7.

Particularly good return route for Friday evenings.

What's your average journey time to/from?

How bad is Friday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

What's your average journey time to/from?

How bad is Friday?

I no longer commute :) But the few times I am in Dublin and heading at rush-hour, this route is about 30 min from rathcoole to kilcullen m9 jct.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

Particularly good return route for Friday evenings.[/quote]

Not anymore its not 😂

For what it is worth, I have committed to said route.  If anyone is every looking for a ride share, send me a message.

• Advertisement
Advertisement