Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4g Broadband from 3 in Kilkenny area

Options
  • 25-01-2018 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭

Hey

Three.ie are offering a 750 GB broadband deal , but people are warning about checking coverage in your area etc.

I have a 3 wireless modem that has always been crap ( was o2 student one) but at same time the 4g on my phone seems mostly ok

any one on 3 in the area and how are they finding coverage / speed - would be great not to be limited to my current 15 GB per month - some one at home gets ate over streaming too much

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Hey

Three.ie are offering a 750 GB broadband deal , but people are warning about checking coverage in your area etc.

I have a 3 wireless modem that has always been crap ( was o2 student one) but at same time the 4g on my phone seems mostly ok

any one on 3 in the area and how are they finding coverage / speed - would be great not to be limited to my current 15 GB per month - some one at home gets ate over streaming too much

cheers

3 also have €20 a month ready to go internet unlimited. You could get a sim and try it and them keep it as its a better deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

aidankkk wrote: »
    3 also have €20 a month ready to go internet unlimited. You could get a sim and try it and them keep it as its a better deal

I may be blind but I don't see that at all ??

this is broadband via a router etc - not on a phone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

I may be blind but I don't see that at all ??

this is broadband via a router etc - not on a phone

its for a phone, but you can just go in buy the sim and put into router.

I have 3 mobile broadband via their little huawei 5573 device. I get 4g most of the time, - it reverts back to 3g occasionally but overall I'm very happy with it. I'm about 10km east of Kilkenny. I have 30g for 29.99 a month and I have another few months to go on my contract so it would be great if they still have that offer when my contract is up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dzer2

I have just upgraded to the 750gig one alot faster than the old 4g

Up north Kilkenny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

I'd say go for the 20 euro top up too. Buy a Pay As You Go SIM in the 3 shop and put it into the router. You get unlimited data for 20 quid, and no contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Go to comreg's mast siteviewer - see where the nearest Three mast is to your address, check that its an LTE mast (4G). If you are within 2km you should get very strong signal

https://www.comreg.ie/industry/radio-spectrum/site-viewer/

Advertisement