Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing day - does money have to be cleared into

Options
  • 25-01-2018 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

As the title suggests - does the money for a sale need to be cleared into the sellers solicitors account or does it just have to be in my solicitors account and be en-route to the sellers sol? I am not sure if it can close on the basis that my sol is in receipt of all funds and undertakes to send them to the sellers sol? Both sols bank with AIB. Just trying to figure out what day next week we will get the keys.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

As the title suggests - does the money for a sale need to be cleared into the sellers solicitors account or does it just have to be in my solicitors account and be en-route to the sellers sol? I am not sure if it can close on the basis that my sol is in receipt of all funds and undertakes to send them to the sellers sol? Both sols bank with AIB. Just trying to figure out what day next week we will get the keys.

Thanks in advance.

The funds usually need to be in the seller's solicitors account. When I bought a couple of months ago, my solicitor & the vendor's solicitor were both with AIB & the money transferred between their accounts immediately.
    Now we ended up getting the keys 6 hours before closing from the seller's directly in a very odd turn of events, but that's another story.

Advertisement