Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Media Creation Tool

Options
  • 25-01-2018 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭

The Microsoft Media Creation Tool used to create USB media for installing operating systems has options when creating the media to choose 32bit, 64bit or Both.

I assume the "Both" option will create the USB media which will allow you to install either 32 or 64bit from the same USB key?

My question is,

When creating the media for Windows 10 using the "Both" option, does it ask you to point to two ISO's, a 32bit one & a 64bit one?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The MCT downloads the ISOs itself, no user interaction required.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

ED E wrote: »
    The MCT downloads the ISOs itself, no user interaction required.

So will it put both 32 & 64bit on the same USB key or will it carry out two operations requiring two USB keys?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I've never bothered, but I assume it creates a 64 with a few added files for option 32B install. Nobody should be using 32 anyways.

Advertisement