Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingernails

Options
  • 25-01-2018 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi,

Not sure if this is the best forum for this or not, apologies if not.

As long as I can remember I had picked and pulled my fingernails off, never really bitten them but picked and pulled, often quicking them and making them bleed. I do it out of habit, prob if stressed and anxious too, a lot of the time I don't even realise that I'm doing it until the nail is half off. Needless to say they don't look great nor does the skin around my fingernails!

My problem is that I'm getting married in 5 weeks time, and as weddings issues go it's a pretty small one. My fiancé has said it's not a big deal but I would like to have nice photos for her on the day especially if there's any photos of the rings / our hands.

Anyone have any suggestions to break the habit? Or any products to recommend?

Any advice would be great,
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

I don't know the name if it but I know you can get a clear liquid you can paint on your nails so they taste so horrible you don't want to bite them.
    Even at home in the evenings could you put plasters on your fingers. Neither will stop you , but may make you more conscious of what you are doing .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Well being being honest, you’ve left it too late for your normal nails to be wedding perfect but there are lots of other options such as acrylics, gels or even shellac but you need to visit a nail technician ASAP to have a look at their condition and give you the best option.
    If you do this the pics will be great but you should look into the long term options if you want nice nails in the long term.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43 beautyobsessed

IF your nails are pulled down to the base and red,bleeding and sore, putting glue over them will make it worse, and the shellac would not work either. My mother pulls her nails really badly and she ended up going to a hypnotist, maybe its not so much a ''beauty problem'' but a psychological problem.

Its how you cope with stress you need to find a new coping mechanism to deal with your stress and also find out what is the root of your stress. You could go to a hypnotist to stop you pulling your nails but I will warn you becareful there are a lot of mystic meg fakes out there on the market, find a good one , that has been recommended more than once - and has some official accreditation.

Advertisement