Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debt Collection note out of the blue - Tesco Mobile

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

You had the use of an expensive phone for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    You obviously have no money issues if you don't need to check your bank accounts at all, so why not just pay it off straight away?

you have just answered your very own question lol :D

or is it contadicted yourself - you choose.

If I had no money issues I would be paying the debt collector in full - id be a bit of a díck having 580 quid spare and paying 30euro a month instead :D

You had the use of an expensive phone for free?

lardy da .... - I thought TM were taking the DD as what they were supposed to be doing .

feck me i dont know what people expect me to do - I am sorry I am not organised like some people checking up on my bank account every day making sure every day I look at my bank account to make sure everyone is taking their direct debit what they are owed (I bloody will in the future though ... if I ever take out another DD ever, put me right off DD now - but lesson learned, the hard way)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭40now

not my doing, i filled out a form authorising TM to take 30euro a month on DD for it - whatever happened after that I dunno

Could it be possible that you cancelled the DD?
    by accident of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭nilescraneo

Spend less time creating idiotic threads on here, and more time keeping an eye on the financial liabilities you readily agreed to honour would be my advice.

• Advertisement

40now wrote: »
    Could it be possible that you cancelled the DD?
    by accident of course.

no, I wasnt even aware you could if a company is requesting money from the DD account - I thought only the company could.

But its got me thinking now, I wonder (and if by accident) TM cancelled it for some reason .. could that have happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭40now

Seriously Andy there is an awful smell of bull sh*t coming from this thread, you tried to scam Tesco, you got caught, grow a pair and pay your bills.

Should this thread not be closed now?

Spend less time creating idiotic threads on here, and more time keeping an eye on the financial liabilities you readily agreed to honour would be my advice.

didnt an administrator, just a few lines up, say attack the post and not the poster??

if thats your advice I wont take it thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

To be fair, Tesco Mobile are somewhat incompetent. One reason why I am no longer a customer of theirs. I seem to remember a colleague signing up with them on a sim only plan. He noticed after a couple of months that they weren't billing him so he picked up the phone and rang them. They had cocked up. He rang because (a) he was afraid they'd cut him off and (b) worry that he'd be getting a big bill down the line.

If money's tight, it's mind-blowing to think that you don't keep an eye on your bank account and what direct debits come out of it. Would you have been so lackadaisical if it was your car or house insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

you have just answered your very own question lol :D

or is it contadicted yourself - you choose.

If I had no money issues I would be paying the debt collector in full - id be a bit of a díck having 580 quid spare and paying 30euro a month instead :D

What?

You said yourself you didn't even notice it wasn't leaving your account. So by your own comments you should have an extra 580 in the account ready to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

ah well you see thats your fault that you are tying up 2 separate irrelevant threads together when what you should be doing is just concentrating on this one and just post a reply to do with this subject and not be looking and commenting on my previous posts as a reply to this thread - not a lot I can do about that I am afraid :)

They are both relevant. You seem to be in financial difficulties, and this is good advice. You should be avoiding expensive phone purchase plans, fancy takeaway coffees and deli foods, new cars bought on finance, TV packages, booze, smokes and other stuff that isn't necessary.

Getting on top of your spending will help your finances and keep the debt collector from your door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

not my doing, i filled out a form authorising TM to take 30euro a month on DD for it - whatever happened after that I dunno

You also signed an agreement stating you'd pay the contract which you didn't do.
    You said you had the money put aside yet now you don't have the money to pay it so obviously you were spending it maybe without noticing?

In terms of it being cancelled - the bank will cancel it if it bounces a certain amount of times so its possible Tesco asked for the money, there wasn't enough in your account and the bank cancelled the DD.
    You didn't set up a new payment, you didn't notice the sim had been cancelled as you weren't using it and it all led to here.

As you're dealing with it now isn't it all sorted? Fair play for taking ownership so maybe stop trying to find a way that it's Tescos fault!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭Sadb

oh feck off would ya - stop tarring me with someone who wants something for nothing or pulling a fast one, you dont even know me you have most proabably read some of my old posts or something or made your own mind up about someone without really knowing them - I will bloody find that bill and I will make sure I put the right Bic and IBAN or whatever it is - and (I dont know why I even have to explain to someone like you) we moved address AFTER I took out the DD with tesco and all our old post, absolutely every post gets redirected to us.

Think first before you judge people!

I’m relatively new so I’m judging from this post alone.

You say that you had the money in there to pay, if this were true then the money would still be there and you would now be able to pay the lump sum outright.

Are you honestly trying to claim that in 18months you never once checked your bank account or noticed that you had extra money left? What if Tesco mobile started taking €120 per month instead of the €30 agreed, would you not have noticed this? The onus is on you to pay your bills and ensure they are paid.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Were you not getting sent monthly bills?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,988 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Sadb wrote: »
    Are you honestly trying to claim that in 18months you never once checked your bank account or noticed that you had extra money left?

TBF to the OP he has stated on numerous occasions he didn't notice.

I can't see how it can be that mental a concept TBH.

30,000 Eircom customers were undercharged a few years ago for months, I'm sure some noticed but the majority probably didn't.
    The debt isn't "written off" it's sold and as the op and you have agreed to this you have agreed to pay the third party.
    You signed the contract and you're legally obliged to pay it to whoever owns the debt.

All of this is simply not true.

The OPs contract was with Tesco, he agreed to pay x amount for y amount of time.

In the T&Cs there is a section on transferring the debt or engaging a 3rd party, this is to cover Data Commission regulations nothing else.

Tesco can sell the debt to an agency, Mickey Mouse or you, there is no legal obligation for the OP to pay any of the 3, the only one that can legally oblige anyone is a court.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Farmer Bob

If I had no money issues I would be paying the debt collector in full

Sounds like you need to cop on/grow up/put on your big boy pants.

You dunno what was going on with your direct debits. You have money issues.

Coincidence? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,291 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Fair play. You almost made it to the end of January!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105685018&postcount=100

:D

Stheno wrote: »
    Were you not getting sent monthly bills?

no, all done online, no paper bills

Farmer Bob wrote: »
    Sounds like you need to cop on/grow up/put on your big boy pants.

You dunno what was going on with your direct debits. You have money issues.

Coincidence? :confused:

ooh - high and mighty ... whats your world like up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,550 ✭✭✭✭L1011

This thread is a mess

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement