Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple iPad pens

• 25-01-2018 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought my girlfriend an iPad (not the pro unfortunately) for her birthday and she likes drawing. I know apple sell the iPad pencil but is there a specific one that would be better for drawing with? Looking at the designs there seems to be loads available and some of the non apple ones actually look more advanced :confused:

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

The Apple pencil won't work with a non-Pro model anyway, so that's that.

I am curious what people recommend. I have researched it myself, but not for drawing, more for writing notes and highlighting text etc for college. I got this one and it's grand but it's not pressure sensitive, which presumably she'd want for shading etc.

Have alook for "artist stylus" on youtube, you'll get lots of artists sharing what they use there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Spotted this on Android Police the other day. It's a Wacom Stylus with a really small tip that works on capacitive touchscreens.

Although I'm referencing an Android site, if you follow the link on AP to the Wacom compatibility list for Bamboo Tip, you will see that it is listed as being compatible with nearly all the Apple devices other than first gen 12.9" iPad Pro and iPhone X.

Here's the AP link
    http://www.androidpolice.com/2018/01/23/wacoms-bamboo-tip-fine-tip-capacitive-stylus-android-devices/

and the compatibility list at Wacom is at
    http://www.wacom.com/en-us/comp

Advertisement