Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show 26th Jan 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,426 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

People talking about Striking Out and rugby.

I can't think of anything worse.

I'm going binge watching Derry Girls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

JP & The Seeger Session Band were inspired by Bruce Springsteen and his 2006 Seeger Sessions Band and tour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

There's literally nothing on the show tonight that I'd watch.
    There'd usually be one or two segments I'd switch over for but nope not tonight...

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Bad Idea letting Shane MacGowan loose in the green room last Saturday night. There won't be a penny left in the budget till next month.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Bad Idea letting Shane MacGowan loose in the green room last Saturday night. There won't be a penny left in the budget till next month.

To paraphrase Bruce,How Can A Poor TV Station Stand Such Times And Live ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I hope he asks David Coleman why he turned to Clinical Psychology after a long distinguished career as the BBC's voice of Football and Athletics, and if his death in 2013 has impacted on his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

Just as well my wife is painting... have the option of watching it drying.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

I'm ****in miserable already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I have no clue who anybody is on the show tonight are except Amy Huberman, shes married to Brian O'Driscoll

Meanwhile over on Norton, Tom Cruise, Simon Pegg, and Henry Cavill are on the sofa, its a hard choice lads, a hard choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Evening all :)

thumbs_impossibly-cute-puppy-8.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Evening y'all.

It's getting harder and harder to watch this.

Who's on it again? I've forgotten since I read it 12 seconds ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

Ooooooh, I like the Wainwrights!

Evening all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Just when you think Paddy Cosgrave couldn’t become any more smackable, he goes and calls his son Cloud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Did he actually just saw Paddy Cosgrave's son is called Cloud??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Skid X wrote: »
    I hope he asks David Coleman why he turned to Clinical Psychology after a long distinguished career as the BBC's voice of Football and Athletics, and if his death in 2013 has impacted on his career.

Oh i say!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Just when you think Paddy Cosgrave couldn’t become any more stackable, he goes and calls his son Cloud

Snap!

Also ask him about some of his Colemanballs,
    "Linford Christie has a habit of pulling it out when it matters"
    "The Spanish Manager is pulling his captain off":D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Fantastic achievement.

Find myself wondering though, is it compulsory now for Irish men between the ages of 20 and 35 to sport a beard?

Have we not reached peak beard?

These guys are an inspiration. Really shows what you can achieve if you are willing to do something positive with your life other than watching a programme you claim to hate so you can whinge about it with a bunch of random strangers on the internet.

Sure all you do is post here to whinge about how you dislike this thread and the people on it.

An inspiration to one and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

They do look like lads who were shipwrecked for a while.

• Advertisement

Who are these lads?

These guys are an inspiration. Really shows what you can achieve if you are willing to do something positive with your life other than watching a programme you claim to hate so you can whinge about it with a bunch of random strangers on the internet.

It's Friday night. I've spent the whole week doing positive things. For the record, I won't be watching it. Just giving out about it.

Aww, it's all a bit of craic. Lighten up!

Who are these lads?

They rowed across the Atlantic :)

Chaffing! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Hi all,

Just finished watching Spielberg & Williams: The Adventure Continues, to LLS: The Misery Continues :P
    To paraphrase Bruce,How Can A Poor TV Station Stand Such Times And Live ?

To paraphrase him again, "57 channels & nothing on" :P
    Laois_Man wrote: »
    Just when you think Paddy Cosgrave couldn’t become any more smackable, he goes and calls his son Cloud

Was Granny Smith or Pink Lady taken up, as He must have been on Cloud 9 there :o

Chunder Shower

My favourite song by The Fall :)

RIP Mark E. Smith :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Find myself wondering though, is it compulsory now for Irish men between the ages of 20 and 35 to sport a beard?

I think the rules should be when there's more grey hair in your beard than in your hair it's time to shave the beard so realistically once you hit 30 it has to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Irishsneachta

Fantastic achievement.

Not all of us. I can't stand anything more than stubble.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Irishsneachta

I think the rules should be when there's more grey hair in your beard than in your hair it's time to shave the beard so realistically once you hit 30 it has to go.

They have beard dye now I **** you not

M

I've all the episodes so far of Striking Off recorded, going to binge on it when there's all but 1 week of it left.

M

The box office, wtf?

Doyle Kennedy acting Hubberman off the stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

Those lads were on for little over 10 mins. Thanks Christ for small mercies.

Amy Hubermann is right up Tubridy's street. He tends to fawn all over her every time she's on the radio or TV with him.

• Advertisement

The box office, wtf?

The RTE box office

I haven't seen any of this series but I liked the first one, but if lighthearted fluff.

OI !!

I've spent twenty years waiting for my beard to go grey so I could look distinguished

sudzs wrote: »
    Doyle Kennedy acting Hubberman off the stage.

The potted plant in the corner of the office can act Hubermann off the stage on a good day.

M

sligojoek wrote: »
    OI !!

I've spent twenty years waiting for my beard to go grey so I could look distinguished

In a few years you might need this technique...

dyeing-process-300x300.jpg

• Advertisement

Zzzzz

Episode four of Striking Out is on this Sunday

If they are promoting it, should they not have been on three weeks ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Greybottle wrote: »
    Those lads were on for little over 10 mins. Thanks Christ for small mercies.

Amy Hubermann is right up Tubridy's street. He tends to fawn all over her every time she's on the radio or TV with him.

She is so false. "OOh i struggled to find work". Yeah, love, living in your 3million mansion with BOD is a tough life alright. Id love to see Tubridy ask her how many times she has been on the dole. Like real people who struggle to find work.

Fcuk off. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Wtf is this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Very poor line up on the Late Late show tonight that would explain why the thread here is so slow and quiet tonight then. Hell watching the news is more exciting than this.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

My beard is a curious melange of black, grey and red at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

What do you mean random strangers?, these are some of my fave friends on facebook, although all 300 can't be here tonite :P

M

My beard is a curious melange of black, grey and red at the moment.

Do you need to use the hair shampoo in the beard when having a shower to clean it? Serious question :D

Episode four of Striking Out is on this Sunday

If they are promoting it, should they not have been on three weeks ago?

These two are what they caught after the roundup in the RTE canteen this evening. Pic of the aftermath:

The-remnants-of-an-epic-food-fight-between-two-sets-of-prep-football-fans-in-Texas-Twitter.jpg

I'm pretty sure Amy Huberman isn't physically capable of doing a big corny crap like the rest of us.

• Advertisement
Advertisement