Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Gaming Rig - Parts or Prebuilt?

Options
  • 25-01-2018 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

Okay, so looking to get ourselves a proper gaming set-up in the next few weeks. Hearing a lot of talk about how prebuilt is the way to go at the moment. I used to be very "in touch" with what was good, what wasn't. Had a rig I built myself about 6 years ago but its long since outdated!

In either case, my budget is between €800 and €1000 (preferably the lower end of that with the room to upgrade it in the future) and I literally only need the computer, parts and a tower - we have all the peripherals and a monitor. It needs to be suitable for high-end gaming without issue. Doesn't need to look pretty. Just do its job. If prebuilt is the way to go, where would I go to look? And if parts and self-building is still cheaper, any suggestions?

Comments

Advertisement