Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon echo finally gets to Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Just been looking at this. Is it any good? Or just a gimmick that you stop using after a few weeks. I'm interested in hearing what people use it for outside of music?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Just been looking at this. Is it any good? Or just a gimmick that you stop using after a few weeks. I'm interested in hearing what people use it for outside of music?
    There is an FAQ thread in sticky section this forum. Have a read of some of the 1624 posts there to get an idea of what this is used for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭coley

Just the Dot and Echo(+), the Spot and Show only ship to UK according to their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Have these not been available a while now? I got one last year.

I don't find it that great to be honest. I'd leave it disconnected as I don't want it listening to me all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,635 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Effects wrote: »
    Have these not been available a while now? I got one last year.
    Did you use parcel motel?

The fact is that they are supported here and have Irish apps available

Nah, just bought and shipped as normal. What Irish apps are available? Doubt it's anything useful tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭cletus

I don't find it that great to be honest. I'd leave it disconnected as I don't want it listening to me all the time.

So, do you plug it in when you want it to do something, then plug it back out again when you're finished?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Mike1961

What does everyone think about having a sticky of the best/most popular Alexa skills? I've done several Google searches and have written down lots (e.g. in the Music and Kids categories) as there was no way I was gonna remember them. I've tried some with mixed results and some of the ones listed on sites aren't available in the 'skills list'.

Just thought I'd ask...

You might as well have bought a brick (and maybe a tinfoil had) if you are going to leave it plugged out. It completely defeats the purpose.

I have two and use them all the time, brilliant devices imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,984 ✭✭✭paulbok

Mike1961 wrote: »
    What does everyone think about having a sticky of the best/most popular Alexa skills? I've done several Google searches and have written down lots (e.g. in the Music and Kids categories) as there was no way I was gonna remember them. I've tried some with mixed results and some of the ones listed on sites aren't available in the 'skills list'.

Just thought I'd ask...

There is one in here somewhere, it wasn't updated too often after the initial posts.

Advertisement