Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6 Unlock Issues with Vodafone

Options
  • 25-01-2018 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I requested for my iPhone 6 to be unlocked last week and I got an email from Vodafone yesterday to say that the request had been processed and to finish the unlock process I needed to:

1. Remove your SIM card and insert the new one.
    2. Set up your iPhone again.

I backed up my iPhone as per the link they gave me and did a factory reset. I then inserted my new SIM card and an error is showing to say "SIM Locked - Insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock to activate iPhone". In the interim I have changed over from Vodafone to Virgin mobile so my Vodafone account has been discontinued.

I have been in touch with Vodafone numerous times today regarding this. They said all I need to do is "follow the instructions in the email" and to hook my iPhone up to iTunes and restore the phone. This is not working as the phone can't be restored without a valid SIM inserted. On the last occasion I spoke with Vodafone Egypt and again advised of my problem so again confirmed the above. I was then transferred onto a conference call with Apple customer support.

Apple advised that my phone is in fact still locked to Vodafone and a code would be needed to unlock the phone. However Vodafone say that iPhones do not require a SIM code. This is all very confusing!

I just want to get the phone unlocked...can anyone advise? I am out of contract and meet the requirements for my phone to be unlocked.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

There may be a sim lock on the SIM card. The unlock code will be on the large SIM card. Worse comes to worse Vodafone unlocks are cheap enough on eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JJCS

Hi any phone repair shop where sale lyca mobile SIM cards/ or get your virgin SIM card, insert SIM card into your phone and connect to wifi or iTunes, then phone will be unlock.

Advertisement