Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2018 *** NO Requests, use the Search button! READ FIRST POST before posting!***

Options
  • 25-01-2018 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭

This thread is for discussion of the Mocks. Please restrict all discussion of the 2018 Mocks to this thread. Other threads may be deleted or closed.

A few simple rules to ensure this thread runs as smoothly as possible:
      DO NOT POST REQUESTS - they will be deleted. The last had 2 and a half times more deleted requests than posts. If they weren't deleted, you'd never be able to find anything. Don't posts requests.

[*]NO POSTING OF MOCK PAPERS: Any posts of the actual papers will be deleted and the user posting them will be banned. This also applies to linking to scans of the papers.

[*]SPECIFY WHICH COMPANY THE PAPER IS FROM: it saves a plethora of posts going "is that DEB or ...?"

[*]LOOK BACK THROUGH THE THREAD BEFORE ASKING FOR SPOILERS: the information you want is quite likely to have been posted already, and the more times it gets repeated, the longer the thread gets and the harder it is to find anything. To search the thread, click on "Search this Thread" on the top right of the page, type in your keyword and click "Go". The easiest thing to do is put in your subject alone, without the company/paper/level, and then you should be able to figure out from the results list which one you want.

[*]USE SPOILER TAGS: If you are referring to any specific material on any Mock paper, make sure to use spoiler tags so that people who don't want to know what's on a given paper won't see.

A spoiler looks like this:
      Your text here

To use spoiler tags, highlight the text you want to spoil, and click the spoiler.gif icon.

Posting from your phone? Put in spoilers manually by typing [noparse]
      What you want to say here
      [/noparse]

Use square brackets [ ], not round, no matter how it might appear on mobile!!

[*]DO NOT GO "PM ME FOR HINTS!" Either post what you have, or hold your whisht!!

The latter equally applies to "I have X, I will trade for Y ..." or "PM me WITH hints" ...

[*]We don't encourage people to post info, and we certainly don't encourage people to read ... in fact, my personal advice to all of you would be to make the Mocks as near the experience of the real thing as possible, and go into it blind, and if that means panic, now is a better time to learn to deal with that than the day of the actual exam.

By getting hints, you're really not fooling anyone but yourself.

However, we recognise that you are all old enough to be responsible for your own actions here, and at least this system means that if people are going to post or seek for hints, they are confined to one thread and others can avoid them.

This policy has evolved in this forum over a number of years: it may not be perfect, but we have found it to be the best compromise. This thread is NOT to be used for arguing with those who choose to post or look for hints.

[*]All standard boards.ie rules apply here: no flaming, trolling, personal abuse or spamming. Please remember that txtspeak is NOT welcome on Boards. Using large font / multi-coloured text is also both unwelcome and unnecessary.

If you have an issue with a moderation decision, please PM the Mod in question. Do not argue about Mod decisions on thread.

A bit of clarification on what does and doesn't need to be in spoiler tags:

"English was dire, I ran out of time. My comparative was so rushed." = This is fine. You're not giving away any information about the specific content of the paper. No spoilers needed, post away!

"English was dire, I had no idea what to say for Kingship in Macbeth." = This is not fine. Spoilers please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Celtron

DEB HL FRENCH LISTENING SPOLIER
      Know vocab related to police,travelling, research science and a credit card in french

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Excellent example of how to do it properly above!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Celtron

Excellent example of how to do it properly above!! ;)

Hahaha, don't like the idea of sharing things for mocks generally but in that listening exam in particular they either talked too fast or had a hard accent to understand:eek:

DO NOT POST REQUESTS - they will be deleted.
      DO NOT GO "PM ME FOR HINTS!" Either post what you have, or hold your whisht!!
      The latter equally applies to "I have X, I will trade for Y ..." or "PM me WITH hints" ...

10 posts deleted ...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The inability of so many to read basic instructions here is amazing.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

Hahah..a few simple rules!

Is it even possible to study for English Paper 1?
      I suppose you could practice exam questions...but i aint got time for that :(

Look at essay questions, and plan the essay you would write (in bullet points).

• Registered Users Posts: 4 meeehalll123

poets on one paper are larkin, ni chuileanain,hopkins,frost
      on other paper its larkin,ni chuileanain,hopkins and montague

• Registered Users Posts: 1 juliamagda28

DEB HL IRISH
      DÍS,
      COLSCARADH,
      AN TRAIL - CEIST ARE NA FIR
      AISTE - AN TIMPEALLACHT, DAOINE OGA, SEANDAOINE

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Angelo11

Examcraft Irish HL paper 2
      An gnathrud,
      Mo Ghra-sa (know about the poet a bit)
      An triail (the attitude of society towards single mothers)

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 2 Jack200006

How would you know if a paper is deb or examcraft?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Angelo11

Jack200006 wrote: »
      How would you know if a paper is deb or examcraft?

For DEB the barcode on the front cover is on the left, for examcraft it’s on the right

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Hl chemistry examcraft
      didnt get paper yet but teacher said that a question of water was on it. And that on one of the organic questions you have to be able to do the mechanism of chloroethane free radicals and substitution reactions

• Registered Users Posts: 4 joller357

READ

THE

FIRST

POST!!!!

- Mod.

please excuse my stupidity but how do i remove spoiler tags when i want to see the spoilers (on laptop)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

please excuse my stupidity but how do i remove spoiler tags when i want to see the spoilers (on laptop)

Highlight them.

sharing is caring people. :) if anyone has started pres already do please share

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Hl biology examcraft
      question on the nervous system and on ecology

• Registered Users Posts: 6 reuben2018

HL examcraft English spoilers below
      Lear: powerful imagery and symbolism
      cultural context: how it can "restrict the behavior and actions" and literary genre question
      Poets: frost, hopkins, ni chuileanain and larkin, all fairly easy enough questions
      also guys if anyone has physics that would be great, good luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RisingHorizon

Simona9631 wrote: »
      Any ideas of what essays/diary entrys

In one question you can
      do a negative diary question or something to do with sport, don’t know any more than that

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭L360

Debs Home Ec HL
      Lipids, fruit, appliance with a motor, the family, consumer rights and responsibilities, hygiene guidelines

Share to save a life

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Wolfering

reuben2018 wrote: »
      HL examcraft English spoilers below
      Lear: powerful imagery and symbolism
      cultural context: how it can "restrict the behavior and actions" and literary genre question
      Poets: frost, hopkins, ni chuileanain and larkin, all fairly easy enough questions
      also guys if anyone has physics that would be great, good luck everyone.

Do you remember what
      the Ni Chuill or Frost
      Questions
      were?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kerry1599

SPOILER.

English paper 2 spoiler (deb)
      Lear- Edmund is more interesting and attractive than Edgar
      Comparative(cultural context)-success and failure of relationships determined by the values and attitudes the world is set OR
      The world of the text and how it affects the behaviour of central characters can influence a reader's response to th events that take place.
      Poetry- ní chulleanáin uses direct language and vivid imagery to explore past experiences.
      Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jamesnolan00

Read the first post.
      If you have papers to share, then share them.
      No requests

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lbugz

DEB English P2 poetry Qs
      "montagues poetry speaks of love and loss in an honest and often striking manner"

"Ní Chuilleanáins uses direct language and vivid imagery to explore past experiences, both personal and political"

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Peterpeeper

Chemistry Experiments for DEB mock:
      Water Titration, Rates of Reaction and You need to know basic info for all organic chemistry experiments

Please look back at first post for how to use spoilers properly ... They need to be "closed" as well as "opened".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 qtr42s6jm7hlzy

Maths Paper 2
      Spoilers
      First 2 questions are probability and stats, two touching circles, line divisors, area of traingle with centre (0,0), graphing sin wave, sectors of circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lc2018

HL EXAMCRAFT IRISH PAPER 1
      Essays: People in the Countryside, The Health Of People in Ireland is decreasing (ie Healthcare), People in the news a lot lately, crime.
      Debates/ speeches: It’s our duty to do something to conserve the environment [\spoiler]

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 6 lc2018

GERMAN HL
      [
      spoiler] Letter: know vocab on brexit (its impact on Ireland, why they wanted to leave the eu, disadvantages and advantages of the eu on Ireland) , disability, a hobby, if you like Instagram and if you like sharing photos online
      Comprehension was about Pokémon go and a father not agreeing with his daughters modern lifestyle
      [\spoiler]

Our papers were obviously taken up so I don’t know which company but hope it helps in some way. We also had supplementary qs for the other parts so that’s all I know

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement