Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2018 *** NO Requests, use the Search button! READ FIRST POST before posting!***

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Please specify company and level - it saves a lot of this:
    Maths Paper 2 Spoilers
    Wolfering wrote: »
    Is it Deb or examcraft?
    mocks12367 wrote: »
    Is this higher or ordinary?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Staceyx

Chrisg414 wrote: »
    If I've done one exam from Examcraft does that mean that the rest of my exams will be examcraft as well?

I think it depends on the teacher. My teachers all get them from either company like some get them from Deb and some from examcraft

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lc2018

Geography HL NOT SURE ON COMPANY
    Geoecology: characteristics of a biome, human impact with a biome and one soil q
    Human: Q10 draw a graph, rural to urban migration in a developing region, absence of settlement on an OS map
    Physical: q3 isostasy in ireland, geothermal energy
    Regional: q7? Manufacturing in an Irish region and a cultural region
    Short qs: nothing unusual OS, aerial photograph etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kerry1599

lc2018 wrote: »
    GERMAN HL

Was your
    grammar section on pronouns and your außerum on young and old people living together?

Kerry1599 wrote: »
    Was your
    grammar section on pronouns and your außerum on young and old people living together?
    I wouldn’t know I’m sorry! We had a supplementary grammar section and außerum

• Advertisement

BIOLOGY HL DEB PAPER
    short qs ecology (niche definition, trophic lvl definition), mitosis and meoisis q6 (its like a true or false one), q on the breathing system (adaptations to alveoli etc)
    Experiments - respiration experiment (yeast), photosynthesis +measuring pulse/heartbeat exp was the 3rd one, know the food ones (biuret etc)
    Long qs- ecology (know how to do a qualitative study of an ecosystem, know conservation), genetics (sex linkage, incomplete dominance, cross with both of those in it) , q with parts on the male reproductive system + circulatory system+one thing else I’m not sure, q on excretion (draw vs of kidney, nephron, glomerus filtrate) + nervous system, q on respiration and photosynthesis

Hope this helps most people found it to be a good paper! Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3 erinoleary

Kerry1599 wrote: »
    SPOILER.

English paper 2 spoiler (deb)
    Lear- Edmund is more interesting and attractive than Edgar
    Comparative(cultural context)-success and failure of relationships determined by the values and attitudes the world is set OR
    The world of the text and how it affects the behaviour of central characters can influence a reader's response to th events that take place.
    Poetry- ní chulleanáin uses direct language and vivid imagery to explore past experiences.
    Good luck.

Is that second comparison question
    cultural context
    as well?
    If so anyone know what the questions are on either paper in relation to
    general vision and viewpoint or literary genre?

Spanish HL not sure if DEB or Examcraft sorry!
    comprehension on 1. a game of thrones filming location in Spain, 2. technology and communication
    Opinion piece: 1. We depend too much on technology in life
    Dialogue: About an open day for a language school in madrid - know vocab about exchanges and host families
    Note: for host family, you are going out to a flamenco show.

Music HL again not sure if DEB or Examcraft sorry!
    Listening: Long question on bach, question from either section A or B from Barry. Trad essay: our teacher supplemented this for us as we haven't all trad essays covered yet. Aural skills: Based around Luck Be A Lady from Guys n Dolls
    Composing: Q1. G Minor upbeat Q5. Major, 6/8, weird cadence points.

English HL Paper 1 again not sure if DEB or Examcraft sorry!
    Comprehensions QB: Letter, Speech and proposal for an article
    Section 2: I can't really remember most of them but there was a short story based around finding a diary and a short story based on the main character transforming/changing or something along those lines

Sorry I know these are vague!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

erinoleary wrote: »
    Is that second comparison question
    cultural context
    as well?
    If so anyone know what the questions are on either paper in relation to
    general vision and viewpoint or literary genre?
    the first comparitive question shown was the 70mark and the socond was the 30/40 mark. The other mode that came up was Literary Genre. The 70mark was about how the athors made the final moments meaningful and captivating..the 30/40 question was that athors rely on a variety of techniqus to enhance the dramatic and emotianal intensisty of texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lilyrose122

HL English P1 (not sure what company)
    Section 1 part B commentary, verbal proposal and interview (with an Irish person of your choosing). Section 2 composing: opinion piece to be published in a magazine about social media's role and impact on modern day, short story one character helps another to achieve success. The theme of the paper is success. Does anyone know if this is the DEB or Examcraft paper?

• Advertisement

English P1 (not sure what company)
    Section 1 part B commentary, verbal proposal and interview (with an Irish person of your choosing). Section 2 composing: opinion piece to be published in a magazine about social media's role and impact on modern day, short story one character helps another to achieve success. The theme of the paper is success. Does anyone know if this is the DEB or Examcraft paper?

You need to fix your spoiler thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Markymoo18

DEB HL IRISH
    DÍS,
    COLSCARADH,
    AN TRAIL - CEIST ARE NA FIR
    AISTE - AN TIMPEALLACHT, DAOINE OGA, SEANDAOINE

Does this mean like the question is about
    the men for An Triail
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Murp7784

erinoleary wrote: »
    Spanish HL not sure if DEB or Examcraft sorry!
    comprehension on 1. a game of thrones filming location in Spain, 2. technology and communication
    Opinion piece: 1. We depend too much on technology in life
    Dialogue: About an open day for a language school in madrid - know vocab about exchanges and host families
    Note: for host family, you are going out to a flamenco show.

Music HL again not sure if DEB or Examcraft sorry!
    Listening: Long question on bach, question from either section A or B from Barry. Trad essay: our teacher supplemented this for us as we haven't all trad essays covered yet. Aural skills: Based around Luck Be A Lady from Guys n Dolls
    Composing: Q1. G Minor upbeat Q5. Major, 6/8, weird cadence points.

English HL Paper 1 again not sure if DEB or Examcraft sorry!
    Comprehensions QB: Letter, Speech and proposal for an article
    Section 2: I can't really remember most of them but there was a short story based around finding a diary and a short story based on the main character transforming/changing or something along those lines

Sorry I know these are vague!

For DEB the barcode on the front cover is on the left, for examcraft it’s on the right

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nuge12345

Spoiler: Physics DEB
    1- Conservation of momentum
    2-optics (concave mirror)
    3-Specific heat capacity of water
    6-Waves (know how to draw waves in pipes)
    7- VERY hard calculations radioactivity
    8-charges (electricity ) electric field etc
    9-lenz law
    10-photoelectric effect
    11 -

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Punpun

History Higher Level DEB
    Document Question is First Programme of Economic Expansion, and the 40 marker is how did T.K Whitaker bring an improvement to irish economy, then some 100 marker essays were the 1913 strike, 1885/1886 Election( Parnell), Jarrow March, Naval Race, Russia and why is it a Totalitarian state. Pretty easy paper, the document questions a bit tricky if you don't know what's ''objective'' and ''subjective'' so make sure to know that

History Ordinary Level DEB
    Document question was RTE and the 40 marker was the impact of RTE. Some 100 markers were 1913 and Charlie Chaplin. Don't know too much cause didn't do the paper, this is what classmates told me.

Geography Higher Level DEB
    Fold mountains in IRELAND, effects of migration on DONOR and RECEIVER country, feature of fluvial deposition, manufacturing in an irish region , Isostacy, how sedimentary rock was formed to be metamorphic(smth along those lines, basically rock question) .

That's all. I will share business tomorrow after I do it. If anyone can share it until then I'd be extremely grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tinar5566

Irish P2 DEB ordinary level
    Comprehensions are quite hard, know your question words, eg. Cén, Cathain etc. Oisin I dtir na nOg questions (not full summary), full summary on dís, mo grasa images and themes and if you like the Man, an spailpin fanach images, feelings and general qs from poem

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Punpun

Business Higher Level DEB
    ABQ is benefits for LOCAL and National economy, then product development(the 7 things idea generation, product screening etc), then Explain protectionism and challenges and opportunities for International Market

The long questions are functions of CAI , Data consumer act, de moivre theorem of motivation, best sources of finance for some company(you have context), characteristics of Entrepreneur. Will edit if I remember more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 joller357

Does anyone have Deb mock papers (higher level maths) 2017-2012?
    I have all the mock papers and marking scheme for examccraft.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

joller357 wrote: »
    Does anyone have Deb mock papers (higher level maths) 2017-2012?
    I have all the mock papers and marking scheme for examccraft.

Why not contact DEB and ask them?

They wont give it

• Advertisement

Does anyone have any past deb maths papers (higher level)? I have exmacraft, perhaps we can trade?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Staceyx

Does anyone have any past deb maths papers (higher level)? I have exmacraft, perhaps we can trade?

Read first post on this thread🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

How late are your mocks?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement