Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

switching

Options
  • 26-01-2018 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi there,

I am currently with SSE and due to end contract in February, I am looking to upgrade my boiler and heating controllers, and one installer mentioned a discount that EI offer to customers who install the likes Nest/Ember etc or similar controllers. Is this just a specific discount to the installer or in general.

Also with regards to the offer for the installation of Nest Termostats for €130 or whatever, is there any max amount that would be supplied at this price, as I'm looking at getting a 4 zone system, 2 CH, 1 UFH and HW and wondering would all be at this price.

Finally whats the current deal for moving both Gas and Elec to EI, and if my contract end dates differ with SSE for both these, can it be done piecemeal or do I have to wait until the latest date ?

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi cloughy,

Thanks for your interest in Electric Ireland.

You can switch one fuel to Electric Ireland, then switch the other fuel and change your overall plan to Dual Fuel. Electric Ireland does currently have a switching bonus, bill savings and it offers savings on the Nest Smart Learning thermostat also, however, as offers can be subject to change, we recommend getting back in touch in February, closer to your contract end dates.

Also, just for some further general information, the Nest thermostat covers one heating zone and hot water, and the Climote heating control covers two heating zones and hot water. Here is some further information regarding Climote on the Electric Ireland website.

If you have any other questions in the meantime, please let us know. For technical queries relating to the Nest or Climote, contact Home Services on 1850 372 333 (also Nest Ireland and Climote themselves if you wish).

Best regards,
    Una

Advertisement