Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMS activation via eir does not work

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi there,

Thanks for your message.

To have this check further, please contact our customer service team on 0818365365 and a colleague will be happy to help.

Thanks,
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭holidaysong

Just had the same issue and 365 rep on the phone could see the message sent but not delivered... You really need to sort this out. 

Just had the same issue and 365 rep on the phone could see the message sent but not delivered... You really need to sort this out. 

Hi holidaysong,

Thanks for your post.

Our support team have confirmed that this matter was raised with Eir and was resolved. If the code is showing as issued on our side, you'll need to contact Eir to clarify why they haven't delivered the code to your phone.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭holidaysong

Hi holidaysong,

Thanks for your post.

Our support team have confirmed that this matter was raised with Eir and was resolved. If the code is showing as issued on our side, you'll need to contact Eir to clarify why they haven't delivered the code to your phone.

Thanks
    Tara
    Contacted Eir and they say it's an issue with the software (grey route) that the bank use that's blocked on the network.

Serious lack of ownership all round.

Contacted Eir and they say it's an issue with the software (grey route) that the bank use that's blocked on the network.

Serious lack of ownership all round.

Hi holidaysong,

We've checked this again with our support team who are surprised that you were advised of this as we are certainly not using grey routes in the SMS system. If you contact customer service, they can track the SMS to see if it's getting through to your provider's system.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I had the same issue with the iD network which caused me not to receive a text concerning fraudulent activity on my credit card. Also had issues receiving 2-step text messages from Google.

Switched to Vodafone soon after and have no issues receiving texts. 

• Registered Users Posts: 2 davidrojas

I have Lycamobile, and until February or so this was working fine, now I get exactly the same problem. My friends that use Lycamobile are having also the same problem. This is a widespread issue, please try to fix it asap. I understand that it is the network providers blocking the texts from those numbers, but you have to find an alternative (and getting a letter from you guys is really slow, that is NOT an alternative).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 davidrojas

davidrojas wrote: »
    I have Lycamobile, and until February or so this was working fine, now I get exactly the same problem. My friends that use Lycamobile are having also the same problem. This is a widespread issue, please try to fix it asap. I understand that it is the network providers blocking the texts from those numbers, but you have to find an alternative (and getting a letter from you guys is really slow, that is NOT an alternative).
    Well, I just got a reply from Lycamobile: "Unfortunately we don’t support automated messages from third-party services. I recommend using an alternative contact method".
    So the network providers won't fix it, and BOI won't do anything either. I don't know if to change bank or phone company...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi Davidrojas

Thank you for getting in touch,

At the moment postal activation codes is the only alternative the SMS codes we have.

Please be aware that we take note of and pass on all the feedback we receive on this platform.

Thanks,

Lorna

Advertisement