Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordered fibre on one package. Email receipt shows very different order details????

Options
  • 26-01-2018 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭

Has anyone encountered this?

Existing customer. Put in an order for fibre broadband online with offer of 50 per month for 12 months, 81 after, 12 month contract)

Email record after submitting details:

Contract length: 18 months
    Promotional Price: 55.82 per month
    Regular Price: 85.82 per month
    Add on? PHONE 2.82 a month ( what is this? original order agreed to includes phone)
    Promo 25 off a month for 6 month ending in July 2018 (broadband hasnt even been installed yet)
    Online 5 off a month for 6 months ( again ending July 2018).

What is going on here? Anyone else come across this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

henke wrote: »
    Has anyone encountered this?

Existing customer. Put in an order for fibre broadband online with offer of 50 per month for 12 months, 81 after, 12 month contract)

Email record after submitting details:

Contract length: 18 months
    Promotional Price: 55.82 per month
    Regular Price: 85.82 per month
    Add on? PHONE 2.82 a month ( what is this? original order agreed to includes phone)
    Promo 25 off a month for 6 month ending in July 2018 (broadband hasnt even been installed yet)
    Online 5 off a month for 6 months ( again ending July 2018).

What is going on here? Anyone else come across this?
    Hi henke,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologize for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭henke

PM sent.

PM sent.
    I will get back to your PM shortly.

Thanks

Thomas

Sure. Awaiting a response.

Sure. Awaiting a response.
    I have replied to your PM.

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement

Can you follow again with someone on this? Firstly when I log into my eir the incorrect billing details are still shown. I would like this fixed and I got no email confirmation or anything in writing to confirm the error. When I called all I got was 'we have made a note on your account'.

Second item is still awaiting a slot for someone to actually come out and install the fibre.

I would appreciate if someone can follow this up and get this pushed through I am not calling to be on hold for an hour to repeat what I said on Monday.

Thank you.

Can you follow again with someone on this? Firstly when I log into my eir the incorrect billing details are still shown. I would like this fixed and I got no email confirmation or anything in writing to confirm the error. When I called all I got was 'we have made a note on your account'.

Second item is still awaiting a slot for someone to actually come out and install the fibre.

I would appreciate if someone can follow this up and get this pushed through I am not calling to be on hold for an hour to repeat what I said on Monday.

Thank you.
    Unfortunately, this cannot be changed. I have confirmed the correct contract length myself and it has also been noted on your account. You can use the confirmation I sent you as proof.

You will receive a call soon in regards to the installation.

Thanks

Thomas

Thank you.
    Unfortunately, this cannot be changed. I have confirmed the correct contract length myself and it has also been noted on your account. You can use the confirmation I sent you as proof.

Thanks

Thomas
    You confirmed it as 12 months but I am confused why this and the incorrect pricing on my account can not be changed then so? If my only proof is a PM on boards.ie I am very skeptical Eir will bill me correctly and have a feeling they will attempt to take more than agreed in the direct debit? I would like some official Eir email at least.

Ok look forward to getting call and installed and I am hoping there is not going to be issues with billing.

Thank you.

Thanks

Thomas
    You confirmed it as 12 months but I am confused why this and the incorrect pricing on my account can not be changed then so? If my only proof is a PM on boards.ie I am very skeptical Eir will bill me correctly and have a feeling they will attempt to take more than agreed in the direct debit? I would like some official Eir email at least.

Ok look forward to getting call and installed and I am hoping there is not going to be issues with billing.
    The error was made upon signup, I can assure you that the agreed contract length and price will be honoured. 

We will not take more than agreed.

Thanks

Thomas

Confused why the error cannot be rectified it would just seem like something needs to be updated. Doesn't make sense :confused:.

Just for clarity can you PM me the details that were agreed upon (in my original post). That is what I am looking for is those terms in writing seems awfully odd an email cannot be sent or details in the myeir system cannot be changed to reflect and you must understand if I have a concern here on what I will be billed when the system strangely cannot reflect those details and given there has already been an error on eir's end with sign up.

Thank you.

• Advertisement

Confused why the error cannot be rectified it would just seem like something needs to be updated. Doesn't make sense :confused:.

Just for clarity can you PM me the details that were agreed upon (in my original post). That is what I am looking for is those terms in writing seems awfully odd an email cannot be sent or details in the myeir system cannot be changed to reflect and you must understand if I have a concern here on what I will be billed when the system strangely cannot reflect those details and given there has already been an error on eir's end with sign up.

Thank you.
    Unfortunately, We do not have the facility to send any outbound emails.

I have confirmed all details in a previous PM.

Once again, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Thomas

You only confirmed I was correct on the length. If you could actually PM me the correct contract details including price and length as you have them that would be a  great help so I can check everything aligns.

As you can understand I am a bit dubious what with eir been unable to update my online account info and I have no proof they made any update following my phone call on Monday. I am concerned how this is going to turn out. Thanks.

You only confirmed I was correct on the length. If you could actually PM me the correct contract details including price and length as you have them that would be a  great help so I can check everything aligns.

As you can understand I am a bit dubious what with eir been unable to update my online account info and I have no proof they made any update following my phone call on Monday. I am concerned how this is going to turn out. Thanks.
    I will send you a PM shortly.

Thanks

Thomas

Got your PM and only length confirmed which I got previously. Awaiting to hear to the pricing details you have as asked for and highlighted in last query. Thank you.

Got your PM and only length confirmed which I got previously. Awaiting to hear to the pricing details you have as asked for and highlighted in last query. Thank you.
    A response has been sent.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement