Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7700K Temps. Should I Get It Delidded?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

Blitz17 wrote: »
    That's almost as bad as the guy who delidded his 7700k, knocked off some capacitors, soldered them poorly back on, and it booted :eek::D

So what youre saying is there is 0 risk involved!!!! i like those odds :P

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭steo2k9

Blitz17 wrote: »
    That's almost as bad as the guy who delidded his 7700k, knocked off some capacitors, soldered them poorly back on, and it booted :eek::D

I actually seen that thread and that's what had me worrying lol. I'll order the stuff this Tuesday instead a I was too busy modding my SNES this week and forgot all about it. Them cheap RGB cables are useless by the way :D

Anyway yeah surely since it's a decent tool and everything and I use some common sense I shouldn't break it... hopefully :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

I delidded my 6700K @ 4.6ghz with deBauers Tool and used CLU liquid Metal TIM. Never goes above about 55ºc with my 280mm Corsair AIO. Also applied CLU between my Palit SuperJetstream GTX1080's Heatspreader and Heatsink when I had that off to Plastidip the Shroud White.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭steo2k9

After delidding and using CLU I got about 20c drop under load. I'm getting a lower temperature at 5ghz 1.4v than I was at 4.7ghz 1.25v. I think that 1.4v is a bit high so I'll probably dial it back a bit but 1.35v isn't enough to run 5ghz it's unstable. Huge temp drops though.

Advertisement