Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toaster

Options
  • 26-01-2018 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi
    I have a four slice toaster that has two controls, each control works two slices
    One of the controls has stopped working as in the bread won't stay down and there is no power going to that side and the other side for the other two slice part works fine
    Hope I have been somebit clear enough
    Any suggestions or ideas as to what the problem could be?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭adrian92

lazyman wrote: »
    Hi
    I have a four slice toaster that has two controls, each control works two slices
    One of the controls has stopped working as in the bread won't stay down and there is no power going to that side and the other side for the other two slice part works fine
    Hope I have been somebit clear enough
    Any suggestions or ideas as to what the problem could be?
    Thanks
    There is an electrical "hold down" contact inside the toaster. The contacts may have bread crumbs on rhem preventing the electrical contact being made. First unplug the toaster. Try next to invert the toaster and tap it firmly and shake it and see if this solves the problem. Otherwise. Dismantle and clean the contact.
    Worth a try

Advertisement