Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any way from here to Waterford, Kilkenny or Dublin?

Options
  • 26-01-2018 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

I accidentally took the wrong train from Heuston when I wanted to go see my parents for the weekend and only realised once I took my headphones out. It's just past 8 on a Friday and I'm desperate at this point...

I really don't want to spend the night in Galway :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭topper_harley2

Gobus has bus back to Dublin, runs late. Gobus.ie. is there not a train back up?
    Galway to kk or WD direct is not option AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

I accidentally took the wrong train from Heuston when I wanted to go see my parents for the weekend and only realised once I took my headphones out. It's just past 8 on a Friday and I'm desperate at this point...

I really don't want to spend the night in Galway :(
    Looks like you will have to at this stage unless you want to go back to Dublin and try get very late bus to Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DefinitelyMarc

Slight change of plan, this city is beautiful and I'm staying the night. What can I do around here for fun besides drink on a Friday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

The Quays and Monroes both have live music on most Friday nights. Walk towards Spanish arch and you’ll be in the right area. Have a great evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Slight change of plan, this city is beautiful and I'm staying the night. What can I do around here for fun besides drink on a Friday night?

Welcome to the Hotel California .....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Well how did you get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DefinitelyMarc

Well how did you get on?

I actually enjoyed it quite a bit!

I basically ended up wandering around Shop street looking for food (Pizza Bros and McDonaghs were suggested to me) until I gave up and went to a Supermacs next to my hotel. I only managed to spend a couple of hours checking the place out, since I learned that a train was heading back at 7:30 in the morning.

Amazing place though! I like Eyre square!

Advertisement