Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb cancellation

Options
  • 26-01-2018 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭

I got Digiweb Tooway satellite installed last week and it turned out to be crap (no surprise there). I was informed that in order to cancel I had to send an email to cancellations@digiweb.ie. I did so (twice) and asked for an acknowledgement of receipt of the mail on both occasions but I have not received a reply. I also marked it on both occasions with "Request a delivery receipt" and "Request a read receipt" but I didn't receive a read or delivery receipt which indicates neither mail has been opened. The email address exists because I checked it online.
    In the terms and conditions of the agreement it said:
    "To cancel the service the subscriber must send a written request for termination to Digiweb and same must be signed by an authorized representative of subscriber to arrive not less than five days before the end of the current billing term."
    This is at odds with what I was told by email (an email requesting cancellation would be sufficient). I rang them trying to clarify what "an authorized representative of subscriber" means but I was transferred around and put on hold etc. so I eventually had to hang up.
    I am worried that I will be billed for an extra month because the will just say they never received my cancellation request or in worse case find it impossible to cancel.
    They are an absolute nightmare. Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Send cancellation request by registered post. Keep receipt/proof of postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

joujoujou wrote: »
    Send cancellation request by registered post. Keep receipt/proof of postage.

Thanks. I need to know what "authorized representative of subscriber" is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Any other place in contract or T&Cs that "authorised" is mentioned?

If not, I'd bet they just made copy & paste from other papers without checking if the whole thing makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

lukin wrote: »
    Thanks. I need to know what "authorized representative of subscriber" is though.

I suspect the quote is out of context.

You represent yourself. Just send the registered letter signed by yourself. It's fairly standard procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

I suspect the quote is out of context.

You represent yourself. Just send the registered letter signed by yourself. It's fairly standard procedure.

I suppose so. No pint in me ringing them to find out anyway cause I will be on hold for ages and when they do answer and I ask them that question they will just transfer to someone else and I will be put on hold again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement