Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

slander or actionable comment ?

Options
  • 26-01-2018 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

i had a bad experience with a solicitor when i hired him to seek a grant probate for a parents estate , a small enough estate but been the time i just did not want the stress of trying to do it myself , it was a simple enough case of two life insurance policies involved .

So upon meeting the solicitor as the deceased will was made through hes office , we agreed on a sum of 1000 euro plus 100 for probate , we agreed he would deal with the funeral home company untill the monies was paid to them (keeping them up to date ) which he failed to do infact i received 3 letters from them and a phonecall which they said they had not heard anything from solicitor since the 1st meeting i had he sent a letter to them .

During my dealings the solicitor was not replying to emails , genuine questions , i sent 11 emails in total over 17 wks and he replied to i think 4 , by 11 i sent i mean about 5 of them were asking why he wasnt replying and re-asking the question i had originally asked ! i also expressed my disappointment regarding to this in a couple of emails .

so the first policy was very simple , he sent down the will to say i was sole heir of the estate and then i actually dealt with them from then on and the money was paid directly to me and did not even cross the solicitor ! the second policy needed a grant of probate which was more complicated so he filed the papers needed . he then told me he would write me a letter without hes business heading to say i was relocating to try speed things up which i would then sign and forward as if i had sent the letter and wrote it myself , he didnt do this and i ended up writing the letter . all the way through the case he ignored correspondence mostly and not one formal hard copy letter was sent to me .

upon settlement i received my first formal letter with hes bill and cheque , the 1000 was apparently excluding VAT and he had charged me 100 for POSTAGE EXPENSES ,30 for commission signing , so bill was 1465 approx , so i rang him and queried the bill and all of a sudden he said oh it was 1000 for including vat but the rest was for 2 consultations from my deceased parent ! when i said was the first i heard about this he said HE FORGOT and suddenly remembered , then i went on to say about the lack of communication in which he said i was bombarding him with mails haha , 11 mails in 17 wks of which 5 was asking why there was no replies !!!! i then went on to point out i dealt completely with the first policy and instead of a cheque he had also agreed to do a transfer to my bank instead of waiting for a cheque to clear , i expressed my annoyance and i went on to SAY YOUR PLACE IS A JOKE in which he replied write that down and send it to me and even to say it was an actionable offence ??? i said its not because im stating facts of all the incidents and i have emails repeating my questions and still no replies , also he quoted me 1000 euro flat no mention of it excluding VAT ? why would he quote me figures excluding VAT im not a business anyway , so he went on to say he was seriously thinking of taking an action over my comment and i said do what you like and the call ended ,,,,, sooooooooooooooooo whats your opinions please, it was me and him on the phone .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    Sorry, no legal advice may be given here
    Closed

• Registered Users Posts: 13 buffy1976

nuac wrote: »
    Mod
    Sorry, no legal advice may be given here
    Closed

i dont think i was asking for advice more so opinions ??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement