Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sunday carvery

Options
  • 27-01-2018 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

can anyone recommend a good carvery in the kells / Navan for a good sunday ..would prefer a country pub rather than town

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Teach an Teamhrach Navan - Good food an good value imo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

Silver tankard is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,930 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Was at the carvary in Trim Castle Hotel a few months back, what are the actual rules for a carvary?

Guy behind counter asked what meat, i said Turkey and Ham, he gave me a slice of each, so i said keep piling them on, had 3 large slices of each, then onto the roasties, he gave me 3, again, told him to keep piling them on, he wasn;'t too happy but did it.

So is a carvary as much as ya can fit on your plate or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

The Headfort Arms carvey is lovely

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

scudzilla wrote: »
    Was at the carvary in Trim Castle Hotel a few months back, what are the actual rules for a carvary?

Guy behind counter asked what meat, i said Turkey and Ham, he gave me a slice of each, so i said keep piling them on, had 3 large slices of each, then onto the roasties, he gave me 3, again, told him to keep piling them on, he wasn;'t too happy but did it.

So is a carvary as much as ya can fit on your plate or not?

I've been to Trim Castle for Sunday lunch many times and the norm there is 2 slices of meat and 1 roast potato. Might ask for a second roast potato next time as 1 usually isn't enough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭piplip87

Stead clear of the Newgrance in Navan. Was there a few weeks ago and have often got thicker slices of ham out of a packet of cooked ham.

Some good places mentioned above. If you travel a few miles down the road to Lisgrey just outside Virginia. Not Carvey but great Sunday lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭enricoh

Teach an tsamhradh there outside navan is top class n very cheap

Advertisement