Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balcony build - help

Options
  • 27-01-2018 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all. Am replacing a 8m x 3m second story balcony for someone in Cork. There was original planning in place for the current one only. Does the customer need to apply again just to have it replaced? The only changes are that it's going from wood to steel railings and frame. As I am replacing an original structure, is there anything I should be applying for or getting permission for, and anything/paperwork that I should give to the client at the end of build as safety guarantee etc?
    Thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

structural cert for handrail loading and structure beneath balcony.

Joint warranty for roofing/waterproofing material.

Copies of insurance. Scaffolding ticket.

Before works commence, provide comment on time frame to complete and note HSA & building control commencement requirements.

eng may provide comment on how balustrade alterations do not contravene planning

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Stanley71

Thanks Bryan F. for this information. Would I still need all of this as its just a composite decking style balcony fixed to wall with support poles at front? Would I still need the roofing warranty?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

No necessarily I assumed there was accommodating below?

But for your own sake: engineer - think ‘berkley’

Advertisement