Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Few Questions Id Appreciate Help With .

Options
  • 27-01-2018 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭

I have a self built and owned since 2011 pc with spec

Intel i7 2600k ( has been overclocked at 4.4Ghz rock solid for years )
    Asus P8Z77V Deluxe
    GTX670
    Creative Soundblaster XiFi Titanium
    8Gb ‘Ares’ RAM
    Top spec 1kw plus PSU (over €200 back in the day)

In the last year I was trying SSD for the first time .Had a cheap one but it died in a few months and I upgraded to a Samsung 850 Evo 500Gb

Anyway yesterday I was surfing net and pc made a noise and froze .

I tried a Windows 7 Home Premium dvd repair , reseating graphics card , changing driver in SafeMode etc etc

I soon realized that the symptoms I encountered were fairly common online .The pc will only boot in safe mode but if the graphics card driver is installed it will crash at boot .It even does this with different hard drive Windows installs .

Is my GTX670 ( PNY brand I think) kaput?!

Could it be motherboard pci express slots ?

Power supply ?

Should I try replace a component or two or start from scratch with a new pc ?

I play some old games like IL2 Sturmovik so wary of Windows 10

Anyone out round Leixlip with a half decent graphics card to sell would be welcome to try throw it in !;-)

Advertisement