Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What colour bag...?

• 27-01-2018 4:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭

Any ideas for what colour bag to use with a navy outfit. I would go for green except that the boots are more blue than navy and also have a sort of dark teal cardi too so not sure if the green bag is right.

Here's a pic... (not a great one!) What do ye think?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I wouldn't use the green bag with that outfit, it's a colour too far IMO. I'd get a navy or teal bag, something that'd blend in with either the dress or cardi.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

Definitely not the green bag with that outfit. I’d go with navy, don’t introduce another colour. If you weren’t wearing the cardigan you could carry a grey or taupe bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

personally I'd switch out the shoes/cardi. There's too many different shades of the same colour without them being far enough away to really be tonal, if that makes sense> They might be further apart, colour-wise in real life though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

personally I'd switch out the shoes/cardi. There's too many different shades of the same colour without them being far enough away to really be tonal, if that makes sense> They might be further apart, colour-wise in real life though.

I was looking at the picture and couldn't figure it what was bothering me except it wasn't the bag. I think Baby and Crumble is right, there is too much of the same or similar colour. I would try different shoes with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,456 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I think some nude or beige shoes and a bag would look good with it. You could also go with a black bag and shoes.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭sudzs

Yes, the colours are further apart in real life, the photo is not great. But I think I agree with you all, the green bag is not right unless I drop the teal element. But don't want to go all navy either. So maybe keep the teal and get a navy bag..... or taupe??

What about grey??

Thanks all for the advice. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I think grey bag is fine. It's better option than navy I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Not the green.
    I'd pick navy, or grey.

Navy is very neutral, so a lot would depend on the rest of your look - the "atmosphere" so to speak. Your hair, make-up, jewellery, all express a mood, and accessories very much influence that.
    The green bag is fresh and cheerful with the outfit, - not formal.
    A silver bag could be quite crisp and chic, but strong and very formal.
    Toning colours like the blue of the boots are soft and friendly, un-intimidating and easy-on-the-eye.
    Take your pick!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭CastielJ

i'd use the green but not this shade, or dark grey bag

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

No to the bag too. I’d go with navy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement