Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2018 Babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SuzieQCork

kylith wrote: »
    Can anyone give any advice on losing weight during pregnancy? I actually need to lose about 20kg to reach a healthy weight, but obviously strict diets and hard exercise are right out. I've been in the habit of aiming for about 1600c per day and have been eating as normal (when I can eat) up to now.

Hey kylith

I’ve been on slimming world for a while and will continue to do it throughout my pregnancy! My group consultant and GP both told me that you shouldn’t aim to loose weigh during the pregnancy but making healthy diet and lifestyle choices might result in weight being lost. As long as your not on a restricted diet and eating 3 healthy meals a day if you loose some weight then it’s fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭clacla82

Nessel wrote: »
    That doesn't fun at all.
    I haven't had my normal appetite for a few days now and it's so annoying as I haven't gained any weight at all and I upped my calorie intake by 300. The little one is taking it all I guess which in a way is good?

I have my booking scan tomorrow so I'll ask about that. If I'd have to eat even more I don't know how I'm going to do that!

You're definitely not supposed to be upping your calories at this early stage, and even in the third trimester they say only an extra 200 calories a day.

Although I think at this stage most of us are just eating what we can face when we can face it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

clacla82 wrote: »
    You're definitely not supposed to be upping your calories at this early stage, and even in the third trimester they say only an extra 200 calories a day.

Although I think at this stage most of us are just eating what we can face when we can face it!

Unless you were on a restrictive diet before in which case you have to stop restricting.

I'm plus size. I lost weight through first and second trimester on my first and only gained about 5lb overall. Nausea and vomiting from 9-24 weeks meant I was eating what I could but just healthier choices (like slimming world) worked for me. I gained after pregnancy :D:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,903 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I was the same Mirrorwall!And be warned it's worse after the second, going on long walks or anything is out the window generally with the two, amd you're so busy you're just grabbing food on the go!

Heartbeat 165, due October 17th so a couple of days behind but couldn’t care less. I’m over the moon and the relief is unreal

• Advertisement

Heartbeat 165, due October 17th so a couple of days behind but couldn’t care less. I’m over the moon and the relief is unreal

Were you in Evie today?? Sheila is so lovely! We had the panorama and the scan was so clear and hearing the heartbeat was just amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

I'm really delighted for you! You must be so relieved :)

We have a scan at Ultrasound in Ballymount tomorrow, really can't wait! I saw the heartbeat when I was in the Coombe emergency room and while it was a relief it wasn't an exciting experience because of all the stress and I was on my own. Tomorrow will hopefully show that things are progressing as they should.

clacla82 wrote: »
    Were you in Evie today?? Sheila is so lovely! We had the panorama and the scan was so clear and hearing the heartbeat was just amazing.

She was fabulous, so nice particularly when she realised I'd had a miscarriage last year.
    Cash_Q wrote: »
    I'm really delighted for you! You must be so relieved :)

We have a scan at Ultrasound in Ballymount tomorrow, really can't wait! I saw the heartbeat when I was in the Coombe emergency room and while it was a relief it wasn't an exciting experience because of all the stress and I was on my own. Tomorrow will hopefully show that things are progressing as they should.

Fingers crossed for you, its an amazing experience and the relief is palpable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

How’s everyone sleeping at the moment?

After about three weeks of insomnia, I’m sleeping like I’m dead this last few weeks! My wee boy has been staying with his grandparents due to various circumstances, and I’ve been going to bed at 7.30 or 8 every night and sleeping for like 11-12 hours (minus a few trips to the loo) - but I’m still exhausted!

How’s everyone sleeping at the moment?

After about three weeks of insomnia, I’m sleeping like I’m dead this last few weeks! My wee boy has been staying with his grandparents due to various circumstances, and I’ve been going to bed at 7.30 or 8 every night and sleeping for like 11-12 hours (minus a few trips to the loo) - but I’m still exhausted!

Need a good 10-12hrs or I’m asleep on the couch. To the day on my little boys pregnancy I chucked up my breakfast this morning. Is it mad that it was actually kinda reassuring? Lol. It’ll get old fast I’m sure. Just hoping it doesn’t last as long as with him, 9-24 weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭awny

im finding that I’m sleeping for 9/10 hours a night and still wake up wrecked. Then come home from school and fall asleep on the sofa for an hour about 4 or 5 o’ clock!

The nausea has passed for me. Slight unnerved by this, but will find out all at Scan later!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SuzieQCork

awny wrote: »
    im finding that I’m sleeping for 9/10 hours a night and still wake up wrecked. Then come home from school and fall asleep on the sofa for an hour about 4 or 5 o’ clock!

The nausea has passed for me. Slight unnerved by this, but will find out all at Scan later!

I’m not sleeping much more or feeling like I’m going to fall asleep all the time but I am yawning all the time!! Like even in the middle of meetings at work! I feel so rude ðŸ˜. Came home last night to a letter from my consultant that my gp referred me to. Appointment for Friday! Will be getting first scan then!! The excitement I can’t wait! Gonna be a long wait although I have a lot on this week so hopefully that will provide a distraction!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Panda18

Just out of my scan this morning, it was so cool to see it’s little arms moving around and hearing it’s heartbeat! I went a bit overboard with the full bladder, the lady asked how was I able to walk :D so I had to go pee before we could get proper pictures, i’ll Know for next time though! She even gave me a picture of my bladder to keep :D

Awny we've a scan today and the absence of nausea and cramps that I used to have up to last week is unnerving for me too but fingers crossed the scan will hopefully show that all is well.

As for sleep..I'm waking every night for an hour or two, got a full night on Wednesday and Thursday for the first time in weeks, but woke for 90 mins last night.

I find I can't go to bed early or there's no hope of getting back to sleep when I inevitably wake in the middle of the night. Struggle to get up at 6.30 for work then and could do with more sleep but can't achieve it.

Awny we've a scan today and the absence of nausea and cramps that I used to have up to last week is unnerving for me too but fingers crossed the scan will hopefully show that all is well.

As for sleep..I'm waking every night for an hour or two, got a full night on Wednesday and Thursday for the first time in weeks, but woke for 90 mins last night.

I find I can't go to bed early or there's no hope of getting back to sleep when I inevitably wake in the middle of the night. Struggle to get up at 6.30 for work then and could do with more sleep but can't achieve it.

Hope the scan went well CashQ

Hope the scan went well CashQ

Thank you Mirrorwall14 :)

It went perfectly well, baby measuring 8w4d which is what I suspected as my cycle was short so due date now 16th Oct :) of course that could change at scan in the Coombe as they say today's scan is +/- 5 days but owing to my cycle I'm pretty sure today's is a more accurate calculation than counting the standard 4 weeks from last period which was making me 8w tomorrow.

Just so reassuring to see the heartbeat and she said it all looked good and strong so we are delighted. Great to be a few days closer to the 12 week mark to be telling people too :) that said, I'll be 12w6d coming back to work after Easter holidays but my scan in the Coombe is on the Wednesday when I'll be 13w so will probably keep it in until then.

Dying to tell my 3 best friends now but want to do it in person and won't see them for another 2 weeks!

It went perfectly well, baby measuring 8w4d which is what I suspected as my cycle was short so due date now 16th Oct :) of course that could change at scan in the Coombe as they say today's scan is +/- 5 days but owing to my cycle I'm pretty sure today's is a more accurate calculation than counting the standard 4 weeks from last period which was making me 8w tomorrow.

Just so reassuring to see the heartbeat and she said it all looked good and strong so we are delighted. Great to be a few days closer to the 12 week mark to be telling people too :) that said, I'll be 12w6d coming back to work after Easter holidays but my scan in the Coombe is on the Wednesday when I'll be 13w so will probably keep it in until then.

Dying to tell my 3 best friends now but want to do it in person and won't see them for another 2 weeks!

Awh I’m delighted, that’s great news!! I’ve started saying it if it comes up in conversation. I was very open about the miscarriage too so I’m happy to have good news to share too. That’s super annoying that you won’t see them for a while!

The +/-5 is insteresting too, I didn’t know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭awny

Hi girls, unfortunately I got bad news at my Scan. I was 10+4 today but the baby had stopped growing at 8 ish weeks.

I genuinely wish you all the best for yere pregnancies and I hope all goes well for Ye x

Hi girls, unfortunately I got bad news at my Scan. I was 10+4 today but the baby had stopped growing at 8 ish weeks.

I genuinely wish you all the best for yere pregnancies and I hope all goes well for Ye x

Awh Awny I’m so so sorry. I’ve been there. It sucks. Be good to yourself and your husband. Take your time with it and I wish you all the best

Due date twins! Glad it all went well for you.

I’ve told loads of people! I won’t get a 12 week scan with the domino scheme in Holles St so using my 8 week scan as permission to blab!

• Advertisement

Yes when I had the scan in the Coombe two weeks ago I was 6w1d going by last period but the Dr also thought I was further along and did say her estimation was +/- 5 days. I suppose they can never be certain as everyone's cycle is different and conception can take place up to a few days after doing the deed so they have to cover themselves. Obviously the measurements influence their calculation too, maybe at 12 weeks they can be more certain of exact dates.

awny wrote:

Oh god awny so sorry I'm only seeing your post now. I can't imagine what you're going through. Sending you lots of strength and hoping you have support around you to grieve. Take care.

Oh god awny so sorry I'm only seeing your post now. I can't imagine what you're going through. Sending you lots of strength and hoping you have support around you to grieve. Take care.

I also missed this post. I’m so sorry to hear that awny, god love you. Sending you lots of love xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭shortie_chik

awny wrote:
    Hi girls, unfortunately I got bad news at my Scan. I was 10+4 today but the baby had stopped growing at 8 ish weeks. I genuinely wish you all the best for yere pregnancies and I hope all goes well for Ye x

Awny I am so sorry to hear this. My heart just broke for you. I hope you and your partner can find the support you need at this really devastating time.

Woke up to brown spotting again last night and this morning. There goes the calmness that had set in. Why today?! Grr!

Awny I am so so sorry to hear that. Thanks so much for your good wishes and I wish you and your partner all the best - take care of yourself xxx

Woke up to brown spotting again last night and this morning. There goes the calmness that had set in. Why today?! Grr!

Try to remind yourself it is not fresh blood which is a good sign and it's spotting not a full on period flow which is another good sign. The lady who did my scan yesterday said all the cramping I'd had would have been down to my uterus lifting up into my pelvis, maybe this would explain spotting too? Every baby ever born was once at this stage of pregnancy and plenty of them were born to mothers who had spotting. Hang in there x

Try to remind yourself it is not fresh blood which is a good sign and it's spotting not a full on period flow which is another good sign. The lady who did my scan yesterday said all the cramping I'd had would have been down to my uterus lifting up into my pelvis, maybe this would explain spotting too? Every baby ever born was once at this stage of pregnancy and plenty of them were born to mothers who had spotting. Hang in there x

I am thanks. Had one clear trip there which has me a little calmer again. I just flashback very easily at the moment. I'd just like to skip a few months. Weekends are hardest, when I'm working time goes so much faster. Less time to think I guess

I am thanks. Had one clear trip there which has me a little calmer again. I just flashback very easily at the moment. I'd just like to skip a few months. Weekends are hardest, when I'm working time goes so much faster. Less time to think I guess

I feel like I am wishing my life away too, I wake up every day and think it's one day closer to the baby being safer/viable, etc. Please don't worry about the spotting, seems like it could just be your "normal" for this pregnancy. Scan was perfect so you are away in a gallop and so is baby x

• Advertisement

Of course it must be so difficult given your past experience. Glad to hear you've been clear since. I know yeah, the days fly by in work but at home it's like we have every opportunity to second guess everything. Easter holidays will be long but by then we'll be so much further along and every day the baby gets stronger. Enjoy Mothers Day!

Advertisement