Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

October 2018 Babies club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

belle_09 wrote: »
    Hi all, I've been following for a while but didn't have the courage to post. I had a scan in Evie this morning and finally got to see baby. All looks good. Such a relief after a miscarriage last year. I'm 11+4 today �� nice to finally have the confidence to post here.
    You are the same as me, same due date and a miscarriage last year! Congratulations, its amazing to feel that we are coming through the first trimester
    I'm 11+5 today. We should have some sort of signal so we can find each other in the Coombe, if that's where ye'll be.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭belle_09

kylith wrote: »
    I'm 11+5 today. We should have some sort of signal so we can find each other in the Coombe, if that's where ye'll be.

I'm attending Kilkenny so unfortunately we'll have to be bump buddies from afar 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Orange369

Hey girls! New to all this, my bf is a huge boards fan and sent me the link for this thread.. due on the 17th of October! Just had my scan in the Coombe on Thursday, very relieved to see the baby growing well, 2 arms 2 legs and heart beating away ðŸ˜ðŸ€—.. very anxious time for me as i had a missed miscarriage just last October at 11 weeks.. the staff are brill in the Coombe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Congrats Orange369 and welcome! I was in the Coombe on Wednesday so we missed each other by a day. I miscarried last year too so I hear you on the anxiety though its finally calming down a bit now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Welcome Orange! Great that you had your scan must be reassuring considering your experience. I'm due either 16th or 21st depending on whether its counted as the date of LMP or taking account my short cycle. I'm not too fussed about the due date as baby will come when good and ready :)

Ah thanks to you both! Yeah that's it, the baby is measuring a little behind as my cycle is usually 35 days! not sure if i will consultant led yet due to high blood pressure etc so I have an app in the Coombe in a few weeks to meet the consultant and they will decide! has anyone had one of these appointments and know what it entails!? back in 7th of June for the big scan! hopefully it flies in now!

Orange369 wrote: »
    Ah thanks to you both! Yeah that's it, the baby is measuring a little behind as my cycle is usually 35 days! not sure if i will consultant led yet due to high blood pressure etc so I have an app in the Coombe in a few weeks to meet the consultant and they will decide! has anyone had one of these appointments and know what it entails!? back in 7th of June for the big scan! hopefully it flies in now!

I'm in the 9th of May for a consultants appointment which is a lot earlier than I would have been in last time so I'm definitely consultant led I think. They don't actually tell you a lot unless you ask I find even though they are lovely in the Coombe

I got my appointment for the 24th of April! so I will be only 15-16 weeks when i meet the consultant! Will defo ask them more information when I am there..the car park is a nightmare in the place!

I got my appointment for the 24th of April! so I will be only 15-16 weeks when i meet the consultant! Will defo ask them more information when I am there..the car park is a nightmare in the place!

That is early! I'll be just hitting 17/18 weeks I think but as far as I remember I was 24 weeks before a hospital appointment. Then again its been four years, I've probably forgotten!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Panda18

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering what kind of questions I should be asking in the hospital for my first visit?

Also, has anyone been having really crazy dreams? I’ve been told by my husband that I’ve been very agitated at night and last night I scared the life out of him by kneeling up in the bed and shouting and screaming that there was someone over in the corner of the room :D I’m going on a hen in a few weeks and I’m scared I’ll frighten the poor woman i’ll Be sharing with :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Yes, having crazy dreams every night, it’s making me really unsettled.

I couldn’t think of any questions to ask cos all that was going round my head was ‘when can I have the scan?’

I’m back in at the end of next month and i’ll probably be with a consultant as i’m 35. I’m guessing there’s no need for my partner to go to that one with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I dreamt I was eaten by a lion last night. Delightful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Lovelemons

Panda18 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I was just wondering what kind of questions I should be asking in the hospital for my first visit?

Also, has anyone been having really crazy dreams? I’ve been told by my husband that I’ve been very agitated at night and last night I scared the life out of him by kneeling up in the bed and shouting and screaming that there was someone over in the corner of the room :D I’m going on a hen in a few weeks and I’m scared I’ll frighten the poor woman i’ll Be sharing with :)

I'm going on a hen in a few weeks too hopefully I don't have any vomiting fits to set anyone else off. Although have been feeling a bit better the last two days touch wood now. Also have had those dreams where I have seen mice crawling up the walls and thought they were in room my husband thought it was hysterical. Not for me it wasn't.

Hi all, I've been following for a while but didn't have the courage to post. I had a scan in Evie this morning and finally got to see baby. All looks good. Such a relief after a miscarriage last year. I'm 11+4 today 😀 nice to finally have the confidence to post here.

Welcome belle

Hey girls! New to all this, my bf is a huge boards fan and sent me the link for this thread.. due on the 17th of October! Just had my scan in the Coombe on Thursday, very relieved to see the baby growing well, 2 arms 2 legs and heart beating away ðŸ˜ðŸ€—.. very anxious time for me as i had a missed miscarriage just last October at 11 weeks.. the staff are brill in the Coombe

Welcome orange

• Advertisement

Starting to feel better at just past the 14 weeks hope it lasts this time. Hope everyone else is doing well.
    I don't have another appointment now until 20 weeks I wonder should I see the gp in the meantime? I forgot to ask and can't remember if they said it.
    We told family this week too so it's nice to not have to pretend to be OK all the time. Not showing yet really thought I would be massive as 3rd pregnancy but the bump is definitely coming.

I am itching to buy something.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jodee08

Lovelemons wrote: »
    Starting to feel better at just past the 14 weeks hope it lasts this time. Hope everyone else is doing well.
    I don't have another appointment now until 20 weeks I wonder should I see the gp in the meantime? I forgot to ask and can't remember if they said it.

It’s usually the halfway point between hospital visits so maybe when you’re 16/17 weeks?

I bought a big brother tshirt and one rainbow baby babygro. That'll keep me for the moment though I've set up the alerts on adverts for the out n about nipper carrycot!

Like last time my vomiting started late, first time was just over 9 weeks, this time around 11 but I'm consistently at once a day now which sucks. I'm just hoping it doesn't go the whole way to 25 weeks like last time :eek:

I'm an aunty again as of yesterday so was in the Coombe visiting today. Sister had a brilliant induction this time, she's so happy and said it was such a different experience to the last one. Here's hoping for the same for me. I've also emailed the Coombe to avail of the birth reflections service and I'm waiting to hear back though presumably it will be Tuesday at the earliest

I bought a big brother tshirt and one rainbow baby babygro. That'll keep me for the moment though I've set up the alerts on adverts for the out n about nipper carrycot!

Like last time my vomiting started late, first time was just over 9 weeks, this time around 11 but I'm consistently at once a day now which sucks. I'm just hoping it doesn't go the whole way to 25 weeks like last time :eek:

I'm an aunty again as of yesterday so was in the Coombe visiting today. Sister had a brilliant induction this time, she's so happy and said it was such a different experience to the last one. Here's hoping for the same for me. I've also emailed the Coombe to avail of the birth reflections service and I'm waiting to hear back though presumably it will be Tuesday at the earliest

Hope the vomiting eases soon. I'm just queasy, only one vomit so I'm doing OK. But varicose veins are killing me. They flared up on my second pregnancy towards the end and appeared this time about two weeks ago. I can't stand for any length of time. Disaster. Glad to hear your sisters positive birth news, that's great. Where did you get the rainbow babygro? I would love one too. Can't believe I'm 12 weeks today. Never thought I'd get here.

Welcome Orange. Delighted to hear your scan went well. Such a relief to see a wriggling baby on the screen.

• Advertisement

Hope the vomiting eases soon. I'm just queasy, only one vomit so I'm doing OK. But varicose veins are killing me. They flared up on my second pregnancy towards the end and appeared this time about two weeks ago. I can't stand for any length of time. Disaster. Glad to hear your sisters positive birth news, that's great. Where did you get the rainbow babygro? I would love one too. Can't believe I'm 12 weeks today. Never thought I'd get here.

To be fair, it could be a lot worse. Once a day is doable I guess.

God Mum and sister had varicose veins, seriously hoping I avoid those-they sound horrible!!

Its amazing isn't it? They pushed me back 48hrs so technically not 12 weeks until midnight tonight but the relief is amazing.

I got this one, its not necessarily something everyone would realise is a post miscarriage one but I like it for that. Plus I think you could get away with girl/boy with it!

To be fair, it could be a lot worse. Once a day is doable I guess.

God Mum and sister had varicose veins, seriously hoping I avoid those-they sound horrible!!

Its amazing isn't it? They pushed me back 48hrs so technically not 12 weeks until midnight tonight but the relief is amazing.

I got this one, its not necessarily something everyone would realise is a post miscarriage one but I like it for that. Plus I think you could get away with girl/boy with it!

I adore it. Definitely getting it. Happy nearly 12 weeks 😀 veins are agony. They just pop up when I'm pregnant. Didn't have any first time around. There were so bad Thursday that I went to my doctor in case there was something bad going on. Thankfully not.

I adore it. Definitely getting it. Happy nearly 12 weeks 😀 veins are agony. They just pop up when I'm pregnant. Didn't have any first time around. There were so bad Thursday that I went to my doctor in case there was something bad going on. Thankfully not.

I really liked it! That completely and utterly sucks.

I’m livid. Three days with no spotting whatsoever and I’m heading to Wexford tomorrow night. Just heading to bed and pink again. God damn it now I need a trip to the Coombe in the morning before I go because I’m rhesus negative. fml.

I guess I can visit the sis again 😂

I really liked it! That completely and utterly sucks.

I’m livid. Three days with no spotting whatsoever and I’m heading to Wexford tomorrow night. Just heading to bed and pink again. God damn it now I need a trip to the Coombe in the morning before I go because I’m rhesus negative. fml.

I guess I can visit the sis again 😂

Oh no not again. Will they give you an anti d injection? On the plus side you might get to see baby again tomorrow. Hope you are OK x

Oh no not again. Will they give you an anti d injection? On the plus side you might get to see baby again tomorrow. Hope you are OK x

Oh I’m all good just annoyed! Yeah midwife at the booking appointment told me to come straight in at 12 weeks if I’m still spotting. Going to take the advice from the other thread and go in for 8am. If I’m lucky then they’ll have it for me in the afternoon

Oh I’m all good just annoyed! Yeah midwife at the booking appointment told me to come straight in at 12 weeks if I’m still spotting. Going to take the advice from the other thread and go in for 8am. If I’m lucky then they’ll have it for me in the afternoon

Good thinking to beat the crowd. Hope it goes OK.

I hope they’re quick with the anti d for you. Such a hassle.

I’m so done with the exhaustion. It is insane. I just need to sleep alllllll the time. And we are over in Wales and the 14 month old is refusing to sleep and wailing his head off and is super clingy to me. Blah.

I don’t remember being quite as exhausted for so long last time.

Still feeling sick 24/7 despite taking Cariban. I had three days last week where it was much milder, but back with a bang again now. I’m probably gonna have it until at least 22 weeks like last time.

And why do I need to pee every 45 minutes all day and all night?!?! Like COME ONNNNNN, that’s excessive. And every time I go, there’s only a tiny wee dribble to come out.

I bloody hate being pregnant. I know I should be grateful and all that to even be here, and I am, but that doesn’t stop me being miserable.

11+6 now.

When I say feeling better I mean I only got sick twice over the weekend. It was daily until birth the last time. I do feel a little more energetic this weekend too although I've done nothing so maybe thats why.
    Hopefully it will go away for all of us and we smooth sail to October

Goodluck at the hospital mirrorwall.

That babygro is fab i saw it online. Sorry about your miss carriage. I had an early one between my first and second. X
    I have my eye on a travel system just want to find out blue or pink and wait for a discount code some things are crazy money

All well. Heartbeat banging away and no issues. Just waiting to see can the get the anti D today because lab is only from 10. I said I’m off to Wexford tonight so Midwife will do her best

Got a good hour with my sister too waiting which was lovely

I can't believe the amount of women on here that had a miscarriage too :( I just hope we are over the 12 weeks now and the scans went well that things are as positive that can be! I have told family and friends so far but still reluctant to post anything on FB yet... Does anyone know if you always get a scan at the consultant visit in the Coombe? I have my 1st one in 3 weeks and will be 15-16 weeks then just wondering what happens at these appointments. Thanks girls

• Advertisement

Yeah there’s a fair few of us isn’t there? Tucked up in the hotel here enjoying the peace and quiet. Super disappointed there’s no bath though-spoiled rotten I am lol.

Girls did anyone have a glider or nursing chair last time? I just realised that this time out I’d actually have room for one upstairs!!

Yeah there’s a fair few of us isn’t there? Tucked up in the hotel here enjoying the peace and quiet. Super disappointed there’s no bath though-spoiled rotten I am lol.

Girls did anyone have a glider or nursing chair last time? I just realised that this time out I’d actually have room for one upstairs!!

Yes, I got one first time round. It was a leather look one, possibly mothercare. It is wrecked looking now but it's nearly 5 years old and we sit on it every day. It's v comfy and is in our sitting room.

Glad all went OK today Mirrorwall, enjoy the relaxing

Glad all went OK today Mirrorwall, enjoy the relaxing

I will :) Well long day tomorrow but I'll be able to pop up to the room which is nice.

Also I won't need anti D again until 18 weeks unless its a substantial bleed rather than spotting so I'm delighted about that. And the midwife was absolutely lovely. Chatting away in between work as it was dead quiet this morning. Turned out she had stayed in the conference hotel before and raved about it. Its so nice when they are personable

Enjoy the hotel, glad you got sorted on the anti D.
    We didn't get a nursing chair but did get a comfy chair for the nursery that is still looking fab 9 years later. We picked it up in tk maxx.

I think I’ll set up alerts on a chair once the other half moves into the office and out of the spare room.

Super frustrated at the moment, ‘morning’ sickness has really ramped up. I’m not throwing up often enough for it to be a concern (once/twice a day) but I feel awful all the time and am having to force myself to eat. Then I feel super full for ages even if I’ve only eaten a little bit and by the time I’m hungry I want to hurl again. Got up early today to have breakfast peacefully and have time to sit in the room and let it digest for 45 minutes before heading to conference. What happened? Brushed my teeth on the way out the door and barely had time to turn to the toilet before it all came up. Spent the morning miserable and ended up asking a legend of a barman for dry toast at 11 which got me maybe two hours of relatively calm tummy.

Rant over. Just frustrated. And based on last pregnancy there is a looooong way to go on this fiasco

Aww mirrorwall that sounds awful :(

Fair play to you giving up your holidays for the conference.

I had my booking appointment today and she said I'm not eligible for the Domino scheme because I have an underactive thyroid. I feel somewhat disappointed as it sounds as though there is a lot of consistency of care with the Domino scheme. That said I am of course grateful and trusting of the need for consultant led care. As a public patient will I see the same consultant all the time? When will I even see him? His name is on my appointment card, Gunther von Bunau - has anyone any experience of him?

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Aww mirrorwall that sounds awful :(

Fair play to you giving up your holidays for the conference.

I had my booking appointment today and she said I'm not eligible for the Domino scheme because I have an underactive thyroid. I feel somewhat disappointed as it sounds as though there is a lot of consistency of care with the Domino scheme. That said I am of course grateful and trusting of the need for consultant led care. As a public patient will I see the same consultant all the time? When will I even see him? His name is on my appointment card, Gunther von Bunau - has anyone any experience of him?

Honestly I’d recommend it, it’s absolutely fascinating.

I’ve heard of him, i think he’s the only one in the Coombe who does the manual turning of breech babies? Someone had it successfully done in perinatal when I was in the last time and there was a ton of residents and medical staff observing him.

In public you see the consultant or one of his team doctors. In my case I had so many appointments in the hospital I knew my entire team which was nice as it was one of them on call when I actually gave birth

Yes my union rep said the same I'll look into going next year if I can.

Ok thanks that's some good experience to hear of, I suppose it just surprised me that the Domino scheme was immediately off the table because of the thyroid.

• Advertisement

Yes my union rep said the same I'll look into going next year if I can.

Ok thanks that's some good experience to hear of, I suppose it just surprised me that the Domino scheme was immediately off the table because of the thyroid.

They only take completely uncomplicated cases as far as I know and you would be transferred off them immediately if anything comes up. My sister was midwife led but transferred back to the Coombe in second trimester due to issues that arose.

I asked about the midwifes clinic in Lucan and she was like we'll see what we can do. A few questions in and she was like "Ah, no. Definitely not" :rolleyes::)

They know best really so I'll just do as I'm told. I can't remember if she said she thinks I'll get GD because of the thyroid or if she thinks I'll be tested for it because of the thyroid...I presume the test lol :)

I would really really love a water birth and have always thought I would, I know it can't happen if the birthing suite with the pool is occupied but any other thoughts of labour make me anxious, water birth seems so appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭shortie_chik

Super frustrated at the moment, ‘morning’ sickness has really ramped up. I’m not throwing up often enough for it to be a concern (once/twice a day) but I feel awful all the time and am having to force myself to eat. Then I feel super full for ages even if I’ve only eaten a little bit and by the time I’m hungry I want to hurl again. Got up early today to have breakfast peacefully and have time to sit in the room and let it digest for 45 minutes before heading to conference. What happened? Brushed my teeth on the way out the door and barely had time to turn to the toilet before it all came up. Spent the morning miserable and ended up asking a legend of a barman for dry toast at 11 which got me maybe two hours of relatively calm tummy.

Ugh, I feel your pain. Could you ask your GP for Cariban (or some other anti-nausea medication?) I had a relatively decent week last week, up until Saturday night when I was sick. Then all day Sunday, about 5 or 6 times, nothing lasted more than an hour in my stomach, then Monday morning when I went into the hospital after throwing up twice.

I ended up in for the day being rehydrated, getting an anti-emetic shot, and a prescription for Cariban. It's bloody expensive (€45 a week! :eek:) but I'm functioning much better since I got it. Even when I felt "ok" before, that was compared to my stomach being in pain and cramping and wanting to get sick. Now my stomach is almost feeling normal, and I feel like I can face healthy food again. Huzzah! It's been a good 6 weeks since I could look at an apple. :rolleyes:

Pants, I was hoping to ask about eligibility for the Domino scheme too, but I think there may be a potential thyroid issue. Won't get my hopes up so. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

I ended up in for the day being rehydrated, getting an anti-emetic shot, and a prescription for Cariban. It's bloody expensive (€45 a week! :eek:) :(

Are you not signed up for the drug payments scheme? Or is it not eligible under that?

greenttc wrote: »
    Are you not signed up for the drug payments scheme? Or is it not eligible under that?

I was told it's not covered by either the medical card or drug refund scheme. Maybe I should check with another pharmacy...

Neither myself or my husband are on any other prescriptions, so even if I got the full 3 week prescription in one go, I think it'd save a tenner or so. (Which I'd still take!)

I only got a 12 day supply as that's all they had in stock, but I think it will last longer than 12 days and I'm hoping not to need it for many more weeks. Doc said to see how I'm feeling after a day or 2, I might not need 4 a day and can spread them out a bit.

Pretty sure Cariban isn’t available on the DPS as it’s unlicensed.

I’m on it for the last 5.5 weeks and am broke!

• Advertisement

Shortie_chik where are you getting it for that price? I just bought 60 tablets (15 days) and it was €116.

Shortie_chik where are you getting it for that price? I just bought 60 tablets (15 days) and it was €116.
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I bought it in Boots in the Ilac Centre. €80 for 48 capsules (about 12 days worth). They said it'd be €135 for the full 3 week script but that's all they had in store.

Can't believe how much you were charged! I'll definitely check the price before handing in the balance of my script if I need to buy the rest of it.

Pretty sure Cariban isn’t available on the DPS as it’s unlicensed.

Hmmm this may explain why the info leaflet in the box was in Spanish! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

That is a pain that it's not covered in the DPS!! Why the hell not!? Another good reason to hope the nausea clears up soon for everyone! Definitely sympathise with you all!

greenttc wrote: »
    That is a pain that it's not covered in the DPS!! Why the hell not!? Another good reason to hope the nausea clears up soon for everyone! Definitely sympathise with you all!

You have no idea how jealous I’ve been of you on both of our pregnancies!!!

Although wasn’t jealous of the spd... yikes

• Advertisement
Advertisement