Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

October 2018 Babies club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Panda18 wrote: »
    Eek I’ve been getting that too. I’ve gone to the physio but it hasn’t really helped.

I’ve been snacking on apricots cos the potassium is supposed to be good for cramps. The other night I turned over in bed and honestly thought i’d Actually done damage to myself. Himself had to help me physically manoeuvre off the bed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

kylith wrote: »
    I’ve been snacking on apricots cos the potassium is supposed to be good for cramps. The other night I turned over in bed and honestly thought i’d Actually done damage to myself. Himself had to help me physically manoeuvre off the bed

Kylith I would really really recommend getting some physio asap, if you’re having symptoms this soon. SPD can be extremely debilitating, if that’s what this is, but good physio at the earliest opportunity can really help slow it down.

Kylith I would really really recommend getting some physio asap, if you’re having symptoms this soon. SPD can be extremely debilitating, if that’s what this is, but good physio at the earliest opportunity can really help slow it down.

I’ll look into that, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

I agree with the physio recommendation although I wonder is it sciatica you may have, just when you say stabbing pain in buttock... A physio is where you need to go for either though!

If you find it hasnt really worked the first few times though you might try internal physio which sounds awful and embarrassing but it really really worked for me, almost all symptoms cleared up straight away, I found it very hard to get out of the car to go to appointment and swung my legs in no bother coming out, it was amazing and very worth the embarrassment. May not work for everyone but certainly did for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

I'm 13 weeks tomorrow with first pregnancy and definitely showing. I have a pizza belly anyway but the womb area is really defined now. Bought a pair of maternity jeans earlier and trying them on over my full belly I looked about 7 months lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Wearing maternity here, anything else on my tummy makes me want to throw up.

Have a rotten head cold, and the joys of pregnancy means every time I sneeze I throw up. I’ve had to go sick today and tomorrow because of it. Super annoying

Soooo bloated this evening, have a humongous pregnant belly, feel like I need to poke a hole in the side to let all the air out and deflate it!

There is no way people in work are not suspicious, I definitely can't get away with not telling for much longer......

Anyone told work yet? I hate that part even though it shouldn't matter at all!

greenttc wrote:
    Anyone told work yet? I hate that part even though it shouldn't matter at all!

I told work at 4 weeks as I teach in a special school and one of my students has a physical disability and another can have physical outbursts. Also the risk of infectious/contagious disease.

Told some of my colleagues yesterday and we have also just bought and moved into our first house so I was getting lots of congratulations but I don't think everyone realises yet about the pregnancy. I was out today and have my dating scan tomorrow so I imagine word will have gotten around to everyone by the time I get into work after the scan.

Told work early as I knew they were doing up the timetable and it would cause problems as we’re a small department (Music) and has a massive impact on the TY school show too

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭clacla82

Cash_Q wrote: »
    I'm 13 weeks tomorrow with first pregnancy and definitely showing. I have a pizza belly anyway but the womb area is really defined now. Bought a pair of maternity jeans earlier and trying them on over my full belly I looked about 7 months lol[/I quote]

Hi everyone who’s showing already, me too!! It’s my first and everyone I speak to with one baby says they were still in their own clothes until 20 weeks when they finally popped. Good for them because I was straight out of my own jeans from day one with bloating and now I can definitely feel/see my womb and yes by the end of the day after eating a few meals it’s a serious belly! I’m actually embarrassed to say I’m in the maternity jeans already... isn’t it awful how you compare. They’re a bit loose in fairness but infinitely more comfortable than my own high waisted skinnies. I think I’m up 3/4 lb but I’m not watching what I eat the way I used to do I’m unsure whether it’s baby or bagels!!

In other news, my sleep seems to have finally regulated..no more waking up at 4/5am. How are the other insomniacs doing?

Feeling bad for all of you still getting sick, I really feel I got away with murder. Mirrorwall14 delighted to hear spotting has settled x

• Advertisement

Thanks clacla82. Greentcc I'm totally bloated by the end of the day too

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Orange369

Hi girls! Just looking to see if anyone had a similar experience as I am totally freaking out! I had a missed call from the Coombe earlier and tracked down it was St Jospehs ward trying to call me.. They didn't leave a voicemail.. When I called them back I got through to someone who said she didnt call me but she knew who did and would track them down and get them to call me back.. This was at 11am and still no word. Going out of my mind with worry as I had my booking app and scan 2 weeks ago and due back in 2 weeks to meet the consultant... has this happened anyone else or do you know if i can contact anyone else? Thanks

Orange369 wrote: »
    Hi girls! Just looking to see if anyone had a similar experience as I am totally freaking out! I had a missed call from the Coombe earlier and tracked down it was St Jospehs ward trying to call me.. They didn't leave a voicemail.. When I called them back I got through to someone who said she didnt call me but she knew who did and would track them down and get them to call me back.. This was at 11am and still no word. Going out of my mind with worry as I had my booking app and scan 2 weeks ago and due back in 2 weeks to meet the consultant... has this happened anyone else or do you know if i can contact anyone else? Thanks

Don't freak out, it could be anything! It may be just that they need to change your appointment date or something else equally simple, there are an infinite number of totally innocent things it could be!

I understand the fear though it is a very anxious time where we all think the worst and nothing any of us say will make it better. Why don't you try ring again and explain how the missed call has made you anxious?

Thanks so much, I am a disaster for over thinking everything.. I tried them again there twice and no answer, Will try again later on and see, Thanks

Are you rhesus negative? I know I got a letter, it could be something like that from bloods

Not as far as I know anyway, still not word so hoping it isn't serious if they didnt follow up! i might try call again tomorrow and check

Had my booking appt today for domino scheme Holles st. No scan but listened to heartbeat with Doppler. As it turns out this was very difficult, as baby was super active. All we were getting was loud whacks from kicks and twists. Another boy maybe?

I’m actuallt feeling some of the kicks and twists already, which is lovely.

Oh orange369 hopefully it's nothing to worry about, the fact they haven't tried you since is probably a good sign and suggests it's nothing urgent.

I'm into the maternity jeans as of today. They are baggy and I have to pull them up but it's worth it for the comfort! Going into Lidl tomorrow they are selling maternity jeans for 11.99 and tops and nursing bras too!

We had our dating scan today and all healthy and amazing, such a relief and so lovely to watch baby jumping about in there!

I didn’t see tops in it just a dress? I’m debating heading in for the jeans. I’m an 18-20 right now so a bit nervous on fir

Also, just a quick shout out for Epsom salt baths. I’m soooo refreshed after one, it was super relaxing. Definitely will be doing it again. Got a bag of Epsom salts with eucalyptus in the euroshop for 1.50

• Advertisement

I didn’t see tops in it just a dress? I’m debating heading in for the jeans. I’m an 18-20 right now so a bit nervous on fir

I did reply with a link earlier but post isn't showing. I'm going to buy a few pairs in different sizes and then return any that don't fit. Website isn't showing tops but another ad I saw was showing them.

Found them in the magazine, they’re not on the website separately for some reason! I think I’ll pop in the morning definitely so. I didn’t buy much on my last maternity just enough to be civilised but this time I’m off over the summer from school so would like decent tshirts

Screenshot!

Or not... hopefully this works

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭shortie_chik

How generous is the sizing of maternity clothes? Would you just buy your usual size? I've no bump yet but have a feeling that won't be the only bit of me that grows...

How generous is the sizing of maternity clothes? Would you just buy your usual size? I've no bump yet but have a feeling that won't be the only bit of me that grows...

The last time I made the mistake of going up a size shortie and everything was far too big, just buy your normal size. That was my experience anyway and I am far from petite or anything!

Anyone talking about names yet?

We had an awful time trying to choose a boys name last time and our poor wee man didn’t have a name when he was born. So I’ve started thinking of boys names now. I like Irish names but my husband doesn’t (he’s welsh), so I’m trying to find Irish names which are easy to pronounce from how they’re spelt. My husband is super stubborn though and I know he will just veto everything I suggest.

Thankfully we have a girls name from last time which we obviously didn’t get using! I’m not even going to reopen that discussion as I do not have the energy.

Anyone talking about names yet?

We had an awful time trying to choose a boys name last time and our poor wee man didn’t have a name when he was born. So I’ve started thinking of boys names now. I like Irish names but my husband doesn’t (he’s welsh), so I’m trying to find Irish names which are easy to pronounce from how they’re spelt. My husband is super stubborn though and I know he will just veto everything I suggest.

Thankfully we have a girls name from last time which we obviously didn’t get using! I’m not even going to reopen that discussion as I do not have the energy.

I can see this causing serious trouble too! I have an idea for a boy's name that is sliiiiightly unusual...not even unusual just not very common and it works great with my husband's very very very common surname (you can probably guess what it is!) So many names are lovely but become so generic when put with the surname in question and I don't want my child to be one of many! My husband is adamant that he doesn't like it though and I genuinely can't think of one I like more or even equally.

Boy's names are harder I think. I do love Irish names but again put it with his surname and you definitely know someone called that. If he had a less common surname I would pick a very simple name. (Think you can also guess that I have held onto my own name!)

Girls' names seem to be easier, lots of pretty ones out there. I am allergic to the top 10 most common list though, again I don't want my child to be one of four or five in her or his class!

I am hoping when I push the baby out he will have a new found deference for my super human qualities and agree to any name I choose??? Does it work like that those of you on your second???? :p

We have a couple of girl's names on the list, one Irish, one not but I like it (my mother hates it, so so much the better :P, she's already got the hump about me wanting the baby to have my partner's surname cos it's very Irish). A couple of boys names have been thrown about, mostly Irish, but finding one I like that is also pronounceable is the trick. I also refuse to do alliteration or rhyming, so a couple of starting letters have been ruled out.

• Advertisement

Okay, my phone is DEFINITELY listening to me, I never ever get emails from snoozle, like never. Got one today saying they have 20 % off the lime green snoozle until 19th of April. No use to me but maybe to some of you, I am just a bit creeped out.... Is it a Really weird coincidence? I didn't even Google it out anything....

greenttc wrote: »
    Okay, my phone is DEFINITELY listening to me, I never ever get emails from snoozle, like never. Got one today saying they have 20 % off the lime green snoozle until 19th of April. No use to me but maybe to some of you, I am just a bit creeped out.... Is it a Really weird coincidence? I didn't even Google it out anything....

I got exactly the same email!!! How do they know?!

I got exactly the same email!!! How do they know?!

That is just mad!!!! It has to be a big coincidence, have you bought one from them before caitriona? Like, I know they have my email anyway cause I bought from them

That is just mad!!!! It has to be a big coincidence, have you bought one from them before caitriona? Like, I know they have my email anyway cause I bought from them

Yes, sure remember it was me who told you about them? So I bought very shortly before you did.

Did ya? Sure you had to remind me about the plastic bag! My memory is so bad! I owe you alot of thanks so!

Just back from lidl there and got their maternity jeans,big thumbs up from me! They didnt have any of those tops though....

• Advertisement

Maybe they didn't come into stock and thats why they were off the website. That does happen sometimes!

Yeah i thought that might be the case mirror,it was more the jeans i was after so not too upset though!

My local Lidl had very little. Just nursing bras but they were all a 38 back size for some reason which is 4 sizes too big for me. And a couple of hideous-looking dresses.

I bought a pair of 16 and 18 in each style but the legs are too tight on them all bar one pair. Pity but at least I got the one lol. Didn't like the dresses personally and no tops anywhere from what I hear. Bought one bra but yet to try it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Lovelemons

Oh loads of activity on here the last few days.
    I've started to buy a few bits of clothes in bigger sizes and got one pair of maternity jeans that don't fit properly at all and I'm not sure they ever will. A moment of desperation I think. I'll see if I can wear them for a few weeks.

Had a very stressful day yesterday and I'm npt feeling well today I don't know if it's from the stress or from just general pregnancy. I need to stress less that is for sure but I am a bit easily wound up.

Any one had any more thoughts on names? We had no issues with our first two coming to an agreement but I think this time might be different. We will be finding out in 4 weeks anyway so will have a good 20 weeks in guessing to be debating it.

I went to next yesterday just for a browse. Managed not to buy anything for the baby. I couldn't believe my restraint. I did see one lovely neutral babygro but it was only in the small size or 0 to 3 months no up to 10pounds so I decided to leave it.

Hope everyone else is well and will be getting lots of rest over the weekend

• Advertisement

The usually say buy your ordinary size but like everything I ever buy I find sizing very hit and miss.

Yes, sure remember it was me who told you about them? So I bought very shortly before you did.

What is a snoozle and would you guys recommend it???

On another note, I am so sick of people acting shocked that I am showing at 14 weeks. So many of my friends keep saying they had no bump at that stage on their first and were in their own clothes until week 20...not to mention bloody Vogue Williams saying she "can't wait" for her bump.

I have literally put on 2lb so it's clearly just my shape changing but now I am worried I am going to be the size of a house.

Has anyone heard of TACT

clacla82 wrote: »

On another note, I am so sick of people acting shocked that I am showing at 14 weeks. So many of my friends keep saying they had no bump at that stage on their first and were in their own clothes until week 20...not to mention bloody Vogue Williams saying she "can't wait" for her bump.

I have literally put on 2lb so it's clearly just my shape changing but now I am worried I am going to be the size of a house.

Has anyone heard of TACT

Everyone is so different in how they show and how they carry don't even let it worry you. I think people just can't help themselves.
    I think as someone who doesn't show early the comments are different but equally as annoying. Are u sure you are just getting fat/didn't imagine it/aren't as far along as you thought/baby is small. Nobody can get it right. Embrace your lovely bump.

Sorry can't help with tact but will definitely be investing in the snoozle if this spd flares up. I'm hoping it might not as I've left quite a gap and did alot of pilates in the years inbetween but who ever knows really.

Lovelemons wrote: »
    Everyone is so different in how they show and how they carry don't even let it worry you. I think people just can't help themselves.
    I think as someone who doesn't show early the comments are different but equally as annoying. Are u sure you are just getting fat/didn't imagine it/aren't as far along as you thought/baby is small. Nobody can get it right. Embrace your lovely bump.

Sorry can't help with tact but will definitely be investing in the snoozle if this spd flares up. I'm hoping it might not as I've left quite a gap and did alot of pilates in the years inbetween but who ever knows really.

No i completely get it. I think I thought I wouldn't show for a while but I have been bloated from day one.

I am still in the gym four days a week and running so I maybe it's just because I am short or something.

Going to look up this snoozle!

clacla82 wrote: »

Has anyone heard of TACT

Snoozle is a square of slippy material that you sleep on (or sit on, I think it would be great for getting in and out of the car) and it makes turning over much easier. I got it cause I had spd and found it very painful turning over in bed. Saying that though, once the spd cleared up I still thought it was great and kinda missed it when I stopped using it. I thought it was great for the few days and week after birth too when stitches made turning a bit awkward.

I wouldn't go buying it just for the few days after birth though, wouldn't be worth the money just for that.

You will just have to Google it to see what it looks like!

Don't worry about what other people are saying about having a bump, how dare they comment on it anyway!? What is it with pregnancy and people thinking they can comment on your appearance good or bad! Everyone is totally different! Anyway it's nice to have your bump so early, I think the stage where you don't have a bump and just look a bit fat is the hardest so good for you getting to skip that bit.

Snoozle is a square of slippy material that you sleep on (or sit on, I think it would be great for getting in and out of the car) and it makes turning over much easier. I got it cause I had spd and found it very painful turning over in bed. Saying that though, once the spd cleared up I still thought it was great and kinda missed it when I stopped using it. I thought it was great for the few days and week after birth too when stitches made turning a bit awkward.

I wouldn't go buying it just for the few days after birth though, wouldn't be worth the money just for that.

You will just have to Google it to see what it looks like!

Don't worry about what other people are saying about having a bump, how dare they comment on it anyway!? What is it with pregnancy and people thinking they can comment on your appearance good or bad! Everyone is totally different! Anyway it's nice to have your bump so early, I think the stage where you don't have a bump and just look a bit fat is the hardest so good for you getting to skip that bit.

Haha maybe I just do look a bit fat! But everyone is calling it a bump!

Ugh I hate how people think they have free reign to say whatever they like about your body when you are pregnant. The absolute highlight of my first baby was my mother-in-law saying to me, “God, you’re getting a right big arse on you”. I nearly cried/attacked her. This woman was 15 stone and I was halfway through my pregnancy and weighed 9 stone. So uncalled for.

I would just jokingly and lightheartedly make your point by saying, “god, everyone thinks they have free reign to comment on your body all they want as soon as you’re pregnant!” and leave it at that.

But I think it’s great to be at the bump stage and only have put on 2lbs! I’d say you look lovely. Smaller people do show earlier too.

I’m 6lbs up and still at that “baby or burrito?” stage, as I’ve heard a few American moms calling it!

I’ve called a few people out on it. It’s so completely inappropriate, people need to be pulled on it. The one that absolutely drove me insane last time ‘was it planned’. Wtf? How in Gods name is it appropriate to ask me about my sex life? Do you want me to explain the birds and the bees. I’ve been pretty frank about my miscarriage so nobody’s asked me that this time. They’d probably get a slap!

On the up side it turns out tea and ryvita is doing a decent job of battling morning sickness for me so I’m delighted. My usual stalwart of crackers and Marietta biscuits isn’t working this time around.

14 weeks tomorrow. Time seems to have sped up a bit but I think it’s because it’s the last school term and that always flies.

Getting round ligament pain and twinging on the right now which is super annoying. Flipped over in bed last night and felt like I pulled every muscle in my tummy for a minute lol!

Girls I’m 13+4 today and my bump just exploded this morning. I took a photo two days ago and comparing it to today’s photo is mental. My womb has clearly just popped out of my pelvis, with the result that none of my clothes fit, even though the jeans were buttoning up easy enough just a few days ago.

It’s kinda cool having a noticeable bump again but I’m worried I’ll end up huge! I looked back at my 13 and 14 week photos from my first pregnancy and the difference is laughable.

Girls I’m 13+4 today and my bump just exploded this morning. I took a photo two days ago and comparing it to today’s photo is mental. My womb has clearly just popped out of my pelvis, with the result that none of my clothes fit, even though the jeans were buttoning up easy enough just a few days ago.

It’s kinda cool having a noticeable bump again but I’m worried I’ll end up huge! I looked back at my 13 and 14 week photos from my first pregnancy and the difference is laughable.

I'm plus size so I'm sure others won't notice but I'm way way bigger than I was first time around and definitely looking pregnant to me anyways. Everything is shifting around

• Advertisement
Advertisement