Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

October 2018 Babies club

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Lovelemons

Girls I’m 13+4 today and my bump just exploded this morning. I took a photo two days ago and comparing it to today’s photo is mental. My womb has clearly just popped out of my pelvis, with the result that none of my clothes fit, even though the jeans were buttoning up easy enough just a few days ago.

It’s kinda cool having a noticeable bump again but I’m worried I’ll end up huge! I looked back at my 13 and 14 week photos from my first pregnancy and the difference is laughable.

I looked properly expecting last night after a large dinner but it was gone again this morning.

I’ve called a few people out on it. It’s so completely inappropriate, people need to be pulled on it. The one that absolutely drove me insane last time ‘was it planned’. Wtf? How in Gods name is it appropriate to ask me about my sex life? Do you want me to explain the birds and the bees. I’ve been pretty frank about my miscarriage so nobody’s asked me that this time. They’d probably get a slap!

On the up side it turns out tea and ryvita is doing a decent job of battling morning sickness for me so I’m delighted. My usual stalwart of crackers and Marietta biscuits isn’t working this time around.

14 weeks tomorrow. Time seems to have sped up a bit but I think it’s because it’s the last school term and that always flies.

Getting round ligament pain and twinging on the right now which is super annoying. Flipped over in bed last night and felt like I pulled every muscle in my tummy for a minute lol!

Have also had this pain when turning in bed. It makes you slow right down doesn't it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Lovelemons wrote: »
    Have also had this pain when turning in bed. It makes you slow right down doesn't it.

Really does, owwwww!

Ugh I hate how people think they have free reign to say whatever they like about your body when you are pregnant. The absolute highlight of my first baby was my mother-in-law saying to me, “God, you’re getting a right big arse on you”. I nearly cried/attacked her. This woman was 15 stone and I was halfway through my pregnancy and weighed 9 stone. So uncalled for.

I would just jokingly and lightheartedly make your point by saying, “god, everyone thinks they have free reign to comment on your body all they want as soon as you’re pregnant!” and leave it at that.

But I think it’s great to be at the bump stage and only have put on 2lbs! I’d say you look lovely. Smaller people do show earlier too.

I’m 6lbs up and still at that “baby or burrito?” stage, as I’ve heard a few American moms calling it!

Oh my god how rude of your mother in Law.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Orange369

Girls I am laughing about the comments here on people asking was it planned! I got that a lot like oh was it a surprise or was it planned!? The cheek of some people and I didnt tell many people about miscarriage last year so I wanna scream yes it was planned and we have been trying for a year and we lost a baby last year!! The hospital called me back and it was only about antenatal classes thank god they had me so worried! Has anyone bought anything yet!? I just got one baby grow so far but trying to wait until after the big scan in June before buying properly.. :)

Orange369 wrote: »
    Girls I am laughing about the comments here on people asking was it planned! I got that a lot like oh was it a surprise or was it planned!? The cheek of some people and I didnt tell many people about miscarriage last year so I wanna scream yes it was planned and we have been trying for a year and we lost a baby last year!! The hospital called me back and it was only about antenatal classes thank god they had me so worried! Has anyone bought anything yet!? I just got one baby grow so far but trying to wait until after the big scan in June before buying properly.. :)

I've had the was it planned comments they just kind of roll off my back now but comments about my appearance would upset me more. I suppose everyone is different.

Haven't bought anything yet. I'm waiting to find out if its a boy or girl before I go buying anything although i was tempted the other day in next i managed to resist.

Yeah no one has commented on my appearance yet thank god! Have a little belly now but wearing loose tops to work so its hard to notice! I cant wait til I have a big bump tho!! Same I defo want to find out if its a boy or girl so hopefully in June we will know :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

I can't believe some of the comments people are getting! People can be terribly rude!

I definitely am showing as far as I'm concerned but to anyone else it just looks like I've a fat tummy lol.

I am quite superstitious about buying stuff but my best friend rang today to say she saw a Tommee Tippee set reduced from 200 to 70 with 6 bottles, teats, steriliser unit, breast pump and pads etc so for that value I asked her to get it but to mind it for me until later in the pregnancy. I'm pretty sure she got it in Mothercare in Blanchardstown.

Yeah that's the hard thing but u can't pass bargains like that! I had to stop myself going to the baby fair in the RDS this weekend lol! It will be even more exciting when we can buy everything.. I have to redo the whole box room for the baby!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I haven’t bought anything but my SiL and Himself’s SiL have recently had babies so they’ve been instructed to keep everything.

I kinda feel like buying stuff now would be tempting fate. I know it’s silly. I carried pads until my 12 week scan, just in case.

I guess it’s cos i’m not showing, had no morning sickness, and generally don’t _feel_ pregnant. I’m still knackered though, and overheat really quickly. I had to get the hell out of Easons earlier cos there was no air.

Note to self, do not forget to eat lunch. It results in a horrible trip to the bathroom when you eventually do eat dinner. Ick. And I had made it since Thursday morning without chucking up! Toddler from upstairs "mammy are you ok". Of course I am ..... lol

I've been having twinges in my left lower abdomen. Today I leaned against the sink in work and actually gasped with the pain. Bending over is also very uncomfortable. It's sore if I press on the area and I'm aware of an ache if I sit down.

Does this sound normal or do you think I should head to the Coombe after work to be safe? It's my first so I don't know what's 'normal', but I'm freaking out a bit. My mother's a bit useless at the comforting side of things and has been saying that I'll be convincing myself I have problems because I'm 'reading too much'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭lunamoon

If it's sore to touch I'd probably go get it checked out to be on the safe side.

In relation to the people who ask if the pregnancy was planned, gotta hold my hands up here and say that I am one of those people. I was trying for what felt like an eternity to get pregnant and was convinced it wasn't happening for me because I was doing something wrong (hadn't got my endo diagnosis at this stage). As soon as I heard someone was pregnant I wanted to get some tips. It was probably rude of me but it didn't come from a place of badness or being nosey, more so a place of desperation.

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Ah I can top that. At a sibling's wedding I got asked by a neighbour of the family if the father was still around. :D

lunamoon wrote: »
    If it's sore to touch I'd probably go get it checked out to be on the safe side.

Sore to press on, but not to touch as such. As if it were spying on me (which it probably is) Ovia came up with an article on Round Ligament pain which sounds about right, so it looks like I was fretting about nothing :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Entropy7

I had two different people ask me when my baby was due, the week after I returned to work from an ERPC procedure after a miscarriage. That was tough because they were trying to be nice, but they didn't know what I had just gone through.
    I'm recovering from an infection I had last week. I was just starting to feel well from weeks of pregnancy nausea. It's difficult to shift when I don't want to be taking any drugs. I have been on inhalers to keep the airways open. Waking up multiple times a night. I didn't want to get antibiotics, since I think it's probably better not to expose the new baby to the antibiotics, if I can do without them. Having said that, I would take them, if the infection wasn't clearing.
    I must say the doppler is very useful to me, when I can't feel the baby yet, to calm me down when I get anxious. There is nothing more soothing that knowing the baby's heart is still beating.
    I have O neg blood type, so I've to get the Anti-D between 28 and 30 weeks. I will get the pertussis vaccine booster too, at some stage in later pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jodee08

I had my booking appointment this morning. Feels like I'm waiting an age for it. We had a scan too and they confirmed I'm 12 weeks and 2 days. The scan was amazing. Baby so clear - arms, legs, little nose - just amazing.

I've really been quite tense so far as I have had 2 previous miscarriages, but I think I can finally relax and enjoy this pregnancy.
    Sicky, seedy, tiredness is slowly starting to wear off, so it's looking like with previous pregnancies, I should be getting my energy back around 14 weeks. Sooooo looking forward to the 2nd trimester!

I had a quick word with the consultant at the end of my appointment and they have recommended I take a daily dose of aspirin as my first baby was quite small and I have a history of high BP (which may or may not have been pre-eclampsia). Been doing some research there and it seems small doses of aspirin during pregnancy is advised in these circumstances. Be great if it counter-acts my tendency for high BP.

Jodee08 wrote: »
    I had my booking appointment this morning. Feels like I'm waiting an age for it. We had a scan too and they confirmed I'm 12 weeks and 2 days. The scan was amazing. Baby so clear - arms, legs, little nose - just amazing.

I've really been quite tense so far as I have had 2 previous miscarriages, but I think I can finally relax and enjoy this pregnancy.
    Sicky, seedy, tiredness is slowly starting to wear off, so it's looking like with previous pregnancies, I should be getting my energy back around 14 weeks. Sooooo looking forward to the 2nd trimester!

I had a quick word with the consultant at the end of my appointment and they have recommended I take a daily dose of aspirin as my first baby was quite small and I have a history of high BP (which may or may not have been pre-eclampsia). Been doing some research there and it seems small doses of aspirin during pregnancy is advised in these circumstances. Be great if it counter-acts my tendency for high BP.

That’s interesting about the baby aspirin. My first was born 6lb 3 at 40+1 so small enough and I was on medication for high BP. Like you it may or may not be pre eclampsia. My notes apparently say it (I found at booking) but no one at the time told me. I don’t see the consultant until the start of May so I’m definitely going to ask then

I’ve cried at every scan so far after the miscarriage last year. I hope you find a little bit more relief and relaxation after that, I know I have.

14 weeks now and honestly still feel like I’ve been run over by a truck but I think that may partially be lingering exhaustion from being sick last week and a particularly busy weekend

That’s interesting about the baby aspirin. My first was born 6lb 3 at 40+1 so small enough and I was on medication for high BP. Like you it may or may not be pre eclampsia. My notes apparently say it (I found at booking) but no one at the time told me. I don’t see the consultant until the start of May so I’m definitely going to ask then

I was a bit wary of what she was suggesting initially, as my 2nd baby was a good size, and the first baby was only small because she was born at 34 weeks due to problems with the placenta flow. But she said the high BP on both and the poor performing placenta on the first would be reason enough to go on the aspirin.

I've done a bit of research there tonight, and it seems to be a relatively new development that they offer aspirin for this reason in pregnancy. It's been found it does reduce the risk of pre-eclampsia.

It felt like she was giving me a choice in whether I wanted to go on it or not, but I wouldn't be one to go against a consultant's advice. They're the experts.
    I’ve cried at every scan so far after the miscarriage last year. I hope you find a little bit more relief and relaxation after that, I know I have.

14 weeks now and honestly still feel like I’ve been run over by a truck but I think that may partially be lingering exhaustion from being sick last week and a particularly busy weekend

Thanks mirrorwall. I felt the same after the 9 week scan we got privately, but then today, when she took the wand out, I was like "Please let it all be okay." I think, with me being a bit further on now, I have to just remember that the chance of miscarriage has reduced hugely.

So sorry to hear you're still shattered. Hopefully it shifts for you soon. It's awful not having any energy.
    I'm constantly looking around my house the past week or two, thinking of all the things I need to do once I get my energy back. There's about an inch of dust in the living room!!

• Advertisement

Jodee I'm delighted for you that today went so well. Definitely helps to have such a lovely clear scan. Enjoy telling people as and when you feel ready :)

Mirrowall14 I'm just 14w now too and omg the exhaustion is a whole new level. I found it got worse just after breakfast both today and yesterday. Then I got some energy back up after some sugary snacks a couple of hours later.

Felt really sick tonight and stomach went rock hard after drinking two pints of water. Normally I'm really good at drinking water but haven't been lately. My stomach maybe didn't have the space?!

I feel absolutely horrendous this evening. Exhsusted to the point I could cry and now the nausea is back and I'm sure the vomiting won't be too far behind. Counting down until I can put my girls to bed that's terrible isn't it. Better half is travelling today.
    Have a gp appointment later this week going to see if they can re test my bloods.

kylith wrote: »
    I've been having twinges in my left lower abdomen. Today I leaned against the sink in work and actually gasped with the pain. Bending over is also very uncomfortable. It's sore if I press on the area and I'm aware of an ache if I sit down.

Does this sound normal or do you think I should head to the Coombe after work to be safe? It's my first so I don't know what's 'normal', but I'm freaking out a bit. My mother's a bit useless at the comforting side of things and has been saying that I'll be convincing myself I have problems because I'm 'reading too much'.

Did you get checked out kylith

I was a bit wary of what she was suggesting initially, as my 2nd baby was a good size, and the first baby was only small because she was born at 34 weeks due to problems with the placenta flow. But she said the high BP on both and the poor performing placenta on the first would be reason enough to go on the aspirin.

I've done a bit of research there tonight, and it seems to be a relatively new development that they offer aspirin for this reason in pregnancy. It's been found it does reduce the risk of pre-eclampsia.

It felt like she was giving me a choice in whether I wanted to go on it or not, but I wouldn't be one to go against a consultant's advice. They're the experts.

Thanks mirrorwall. I felt the same after the 9 week scan we got privately, but then today, when she took the wand out, I was like "Please let it all be okay." I think, with me being a bit further on now, I have to just remember that the chance of miscarriage has reduced hugely.

So sorry to hear you're still shattered. Hopefully it shifts for you soon. It's awful not having any energy.
    I'm constantly looking around my house the past week or two, thinking of all the things I need to do once I get my energy back. There's about an inch of dust in the living room!!

I find every scan a bit of a blur. I was gripping my husbands hand at the last one just in case it was bad news and I had no reason to suspect it would be. Had one very early miss but a healthy pregnancy since. I will be a nervous wreck the day of the 20 week scan.

How big was baby at 34 weeks? My friend had hers at around the same tiny but perfect but I imagine it's very hard to watch them in the nicu. Have you started the aspirin?its good that they will be watching out for all these things this time.

Missed out on the hypnobirthing in the Coombe. Apparently it’s all booked out.

It makes me feel irrationally better that others are tired too. Everyone keeps saying it’s the second trimester and the glow is coming. I’m like F off I can barely keep my eyes open

Missed out on the hypnobirthing in the Coombe. Apparently it’s all booked out.

It makes me feel irrationally better that others are tired too. Everyone keeps saying it’s the second trimester and the glow is coming. I’m like F off I can barely keep my eyes open

There is very much no glow here I can tell you. I never had a day of tiredness on my first two pregnancies, never had a glow either but never experienced tiredness like this. Its like constant jet lag. I just don't know how i will keep going. May sound a bit dramatic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

There is very much no glow here I can tell you. I never had a day of tiredness on my first two pregnancies, never had a glow either but never experienced tiredness like this. Its like constant jet lag. I just don't know how i will keep going. May sound a bit dramatic.

I can empathise with you completely!! I would happily go to bed every night at 7 at the same time as my one year old and sleep 11 hours till I have to get up at 6. And then I yawn all day in work and sometimes I feel my blinks are a little too long, I just want to close my eyes and go to sleep!!! Ha!

Defo have way less energy too, walking around shops is just a no go for any long length if time, I could have gone all day before!

Meant to say, I am almost 16 weeks too, no second trimester energy here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I too am absolutely zonked. Had to drive Dublin to Belfast last night at 7pm and was scared I would fall asleep so my dad drove. And today I was at a course and it was actually painful as I was falling asleep by 11am, and the room was so warm, and yeah.

Im also hurting all over. Headache, sore eyes from eye strain (must get new glasses), toothache (must book root canal), sore right shoulder weirdly, sore back and sore bum from sitting on it all day!!

I dont remember being this tired for this long last time around. I went to the Galway races at 15 weeks and was out until all hours with my drunk friends. I’m 14 weeks now and a total zombie.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

There's no glow Mirrorwall, and definitely not on your second/third....just survival!!
    As for counting down to kid's bedtime, I've been doing that for weeks.Doing it now,and I have been home all day while they are in playschool/minder.I can safely say I have been a comprehensively rubbish parent for the duration of this pregnancy.I'm hoping I get better once the first few weeks of no.3 is over.

• Advertisement

greenttc wrote: »
    I can empathise with you completely!! I would happily go to bed every night at 7 at the same time as my one year old and sleep 11 hours till I have to get up at 6. And then I yawn all day in work and sometimes I feel my blinks are a little too long, I just want to close my eyes and go to sleep!!! Ha!

Defo have way less energy too, walking around shops is just a no go for any long length if time, I could have gone all day before!

I'm a self confessed shopaholic. If I ever had a bad day my husband would send me off knowing it would cheer me up. That's how he knows how bad im feeling at the moment when I'm turning down free time.
    I've had two wobbly moments in the shops in the past two weeks. I now have a list on my phone that I add things to and anything that can't be delivered is tunel vision get in and get out. Its depressing

Awh ladies I’m actually teary to know there’s others in the same boat. Honestly today was a bit overwhelming with work and home. I just dozed off on the couch while my three year old was watching a cartoon and saw all of this when I woke up guiltily

Sorry if this is TMI, but is anyone else’s tummy going mental these days? I have IBS and it’s so much worse this pregnancy. I rarely have a day when I don’t have bad cramps and have to make an urgent dash to the loo.

Just another wee misery heaped upon me!

Sorry if this is TMI, but is anyone else’s tummy going mental these days? I have IBS and it’s so much worse this pregnancy. I rarely have a day when I don’t have bad cramps and have to make an urgent dash to the loo.

think I am the opposite caitriona, think I need to break put the prune juice soon! Other than that it's just the battle against the bloat!

I'm a self confessed shopaholic. If I ever had a bad day my husband would send me off knowing it would cheer me up. That's how he knows how bad im feeling at the moment when I'm turning down free time.
    I've had two wobbly moments in the shops in the past two weeks. I now have a list on my phone that I add things to and anything that can't be delivered is tunel vision get in and get out. Its depressing

I try to think of the money I am saving, can't walk around shops so i am saving money. Nothing fits in the shops anyway!!!!!

I flip flop every few days. I’m either backed up or dashing to the bathroom. Super frustrating

Did you get checked out kylith

I didn’t in the end. I felt much better after calming down and reading up on round ligament pain. Feeling much better today; just usual tiredness.

Exhaustion yesterday was unreal, and my one year old then proceeded to be up pretty much all night.

May die today.

I find every scan a bit of a blur. I was gripping my husbands hand at the last one just in case it was bad news and I had no reason to suspect it would be. Had one very early miss but a healthy pregnancy since. I will be a nervous wreck the day of the 20 week scan.

How big was baby at 34 weeks? My friend had hers at around the same tiny but perfect but I imagine it's very hard to watch them in the nicu. Have you started the aspirin?its good that they will be watching out for all these things this time.

She was 4lbs 4ozs which was more than they had estimated. We found out afterwards that she had Down Syndrome so that was apparently a factor in the poor placenta blood flow.
    She was our first so I think with the surprise early arrival, the diagnosis and then 5 weeks in NICU we literally just turned into zombies til we got her home!
    She’s flying ever since so the rocky start is a distant memory now.

Sorry to hear about your early ms Lovelemons. I’ve had 2 of those, and it definitely makes you much more nervous. If you’ve gotten this far, things are looking really positive!

Started the aspirin the day before yesterday. No side effects & I don’t feel any different so all good.

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear everyone is still so tired! Seems like most people are in the same boat! 😔
    Hopefully it shifts for us all soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭lunamoon

I've got that second-trimester burst of energy I've been reading about. Feel absolutely great the last few days.

She was 4lbs 4ozs which was more than they had estimated. We found out afterwards that she had Down Syndrome so that was apparently a factor in the poor placenta blood flow.
    She was our first so I think with the surprise early arrival, the diagnosis and then 5 weeks in NICU we literally just turned into zombies til we got her home!
    She’s flying ever since so the rocky start is a distant memory now.

Sorry to hear about your early ms Lovelemons. I’ve had 2 of those, and it definitely makes you much more nervous. If you’ve gotten this far, things are looking really positive!

Started the aspirin the day before yesterday. No side effects & I don’t feel any different so all good.

Awe 4lbs is great but so small and I'd say the stay in nicu was very tough on everyone. I hope she's doing well now And excited about the sibling.

I think the more people you know that have been pregnant the more stories you hear about I won't go into details but that makes me more nervous than my own early loss. There's just no guarantees at all in life is there. But thankfully most of the time it works out.

lunamoon wrote: »
    I've got that second-trimester burst of energy I've been reading about. Feel absolutely great the last few days.

I'm so Jealous in the best possible way. Hoping the rest of us will catch on soon.

Ugh, god, do people actually drink prune juice for pleasure??????

I got that little burst of energy feeling for a few days last week and now keep getting waves of exhaustion, but thankfully they don't last too long.

So glad I haven't had to resort to prune juice. Eating bran flakes for breakfast, and have 3-4 portions of fruit with tea break/lunch in work and thankfully thats kept everything moving -sorry for Tmi!

I am feeling so fat and just cannot wait for my growing belly to look like a proper bump! I've always had big thighs but I feel like they're humongous and they're now rubbing a lot so I am convinced I have a little waddle. I am dreading hot weather with being big and pregnant..as much as I can't wait for the elusive beautiful glowing pregnant lady look LOL.

• Advertisement

Lol I feel your pain with the weather! Today was lovely but I couldn't help think it will be hard in the summer heavily pregnant! Has anyone felt any movements yet? I am 15 weeks today defo getting a belly now but the big scan isn't until June 7th, I dont think I cant wait that long to see the baby again I might do a private scan soon

I'm lying in bed here on my right side with right hip half under me, and felt very definite movement in the lower left side of my belly. Not gas lol. Very weighty feeling and confined to one little spot. I'm only 14w3d but this feeling is like nothing I've ever felt before. Has to be baby!

Very crampy yesterday, almost like period pain. Better today but sitting, especially sitting forward to type seems to exacerbate it. Spawn must be having a growth spurt.

kylith wrote:
    Very crampy yesterday, almost like period pain. Better today but sitting, especially sitting forward to type seems to exacerbate it. Spawn must be having a growth spurt.

I had this all last Saturday and Sunday and was so exhausted and feeling weird. As you've said yourself, my colleague said it must be a growth spurt!

Cash_Q wrote: »
    I had this all last Saturday and Sunday and was so exhausted and feeling weird. As you've said yourself, my colleague said it must be a growth spurt!

I think there is supposed to be a growth spurt around now for the next few weeks, so said my app anyway!

• Advertisement
Advertisement