Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

October 2018 Babies club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Jutton wrote:
    Just wondering how organised / unorganised other 1st time moms are. I have done nothing yet apart from starting house clear out. Didn't look for pram, cot etc yet. I'm afraid to jinx things by having everything got too soon. Also the sooner I start shopping the bigger chance I have of going over board and getting loads of crap I don't need.

We have bought nothing either. For the same reasons. Will start to price the big essentials like co-sleeper, buggy/pram and car seat once we've had our big scan on 6th. Going to try not to buy much else other than lots of bibs, vests, babygros and muslins. Hoping to breastfeed and we were given a great Tommee Tippee breast and bottle feeding set with steriliser, pump and bottles but otherwise don't know what other must-have items to get. Nappies and wipes I guess we will stock up on as it gets closer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

Jutton wrote: »
    Just wondering how organised / unorganised other 1st time moms are. I have done nothing yet apart from starting house clear out. Didn't look for pram, cot etc yet.
    I'm afraid to jinx things by having everything got too soon. Also the sooner I start shopping the bigger chance I have of going over board and getting loads of crap I don't need.

I didn't start getting anything till after the 20 week scan but I think after that I got one big thing a month to spread the cost. You don't need loads, just the essentials really and other gadgets should definitely only be bought once baby arrives when you can see what you think might make your life easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Orange369

I am the same, all I have is one baby grow I bought after the 12 week scan! Waiting until after big scan but I am getting a next to me crib today, Boots have them on special for 139 and my other half works there so I will get a bit of discount on top! Cant go wrong for that price and I feel deserve it after almost 20 weeks lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I haven’t bought anything either. Partly i’m Afraid to jinx it and partly because I’m from a big family so the crib, baby clothes, newborn nappies, sling, muslins, and the whole kit and caboodle are being boxed up and sent to me :D sometimes having a load of siblings and cousins pays off!

I’m pretty sure I felt movement yesterday. Once a very definite butterfly feeling just above my belly button and later, down low, a feeling like being flicked with a finger. Very excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

We've got our 20 week scan next Wednesday so I'm holding off on buying anything big until after that. I've picked out a few things but resisting clicking order just yet.

My sister has passed on a lot of stuff to me so I have that all up in the attic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭lunamoon

I have my travel system bought. I've started cleaning out the house but I honestly think every time I start cleaning I make things worse.

I'm going to start packing my hospital bag in the next few weeks just to get it out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Entropy7

Hi Orange.
    Looks like the NextToMe is sold out at Boots, when I checked online today.  That is a great price. I was hoping to get one too, but looks like I'm out of luck. Any idea which stores might still have them at that price? PM me if you like.

Hospital bag: I think some earplugs will be going in this time, since I found the antenatal ward really noisy and hard to get rest with all the coming and going in the public ward.

Ah god I am raging the crib is sold out :( We should have ordered it online yesterday, I will let you know if I see it again on special, its on top of my list! Was back in the doc today blood pressure is lower thank god but a slight trace of white blood cells in the urine..

What buggys/travel systems are you all going for!? I still dont know where to start with them!

• Advertisement

Orange369 wrote:
    What buggys/travel systems are you all going for!? I still dont know where to start with them!

I'm also totally confused by all this

Would really love a good travel system that will stand the test of time, be practical and lightweight and fit in the boot of a Micra.

I feel like it'll be easier to have a travel system to move the baby in and out of the car but comparing the prices of standard buggies and car seats to the price of travel systems it just seems like they're so expensive.

Anyone else find they are gone off food again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

lunamoon wrote: »

Me. I’m really not eating enough and what I do eat isn’t healthy a lot of the time. I’m under a lot of stress at the minute and was putting it down to that, but maybe it is hormones.

Three years ago, I got a travel system ( car seat, pram buggy) from mothercare for about 250 euro. It will do again this time. You can pay any amount of money for them.

Entropy7 wrote:
    Three years ago, I got a travel system ( car seat, pram buggy) from mothercare for about 250 euro. It will do again this time. You can pay any amount of money for them.

Wow that's great value any I've seen are 800 approx. Was it Mothercare brand?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Jutton

How did you find the 250 euro travel system, was it very heavy, or big when folded, hard to steer? Was afraid to look at cheaper models but some are very expensive.

• Advertisement

lunamoon wrote:

Appetite has never gotten back to normal. I really struggle to eat dinners that aren't crap. I also eat too many sweets and crisps too. Breakfast and lunch are pretty good but really not eating healthily after work and into the evenings.

It was Mothercare brand. It is black in colour (floor model, probably rhe last one in the shop at thr time) And it doesn't fold up small. It doesn't have luxury features. It's functional.

I make some gorgeous salads/dinners for myself and literally as soon as I sit down to eat them, nope! All I want is junk. It's getting frustrating because I'm wasting money buying food I'm not eating. I try eat it but I either vomit or come close to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I’m eating fine, thankfully, but I don’t have a massive appetite. I am craving junk, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I didn't like my travel system so we're keeping this maxicosi car seat from it, the rest of the system is long gone and the plan is to use my out n about nipper with adaptors.

I haven't bought anything except a tshirt for my three year old and a newborn babygro. We will need a new cot so that will get done next month after the big scan. If its a girl I'll start keeping an eye for clothes too, otherwise there's not a lot I need. I'm on Thursday morning for the scan, absolutely bricking it. And its going to be a mental day, scan, funeral and graduation all in one day!

• Advertisement

Anomaly scan today. All went well thank god. Have the gender written down in my handbag and it’s very hard to resist the temptation to read it!

Anomaly scan today. All went well thank god. Have the gender written down in my handbag and it’s very hard to resist the temptation to read it!

Whats your plans for that bit of paper with the gender on it? Glad all went well!

That’s great! God you have more patience than me. No way could I wait 😂

greenttc wrote: »
    Whats your plans for that bit of paper with the gender on it? Glad all went well!

Ah I’m not sure if I want to know or not. I mean, I do WANT to know, and my husband is desperate to find out... but we are under huge pressure and stress at the moment and there are a few reasons linked to that which mean it would probably make life a bit easier if we kept it a surprise.

Ah I’m not sure if I want to know or not. I mean, I do WANT to know, and my husband is desperate to find out... but we are under huge pressure and stress at the moment and there are a few reasons linked to that which mean it would probably make life a bit easier if we kept it a surprise.

Ahhhh then I totally wouldn't be able to resist looking! I thought maybe you were going to do something fancy like get a gender reveal cake made or something!

Hope all the stress and pressure eases a bit for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Lovelemons

Haven't been on in a while I'm totally exhausted. Also craving junk. Trying to eat some healthy food too to keep things some way regular but really not interested. I'm a great one for making salads too and leaving them in the fridge then to the bin.

How is everyone else feeling?

We well i have decided to go for the quinny zapp flex and maxi cosi car seat. Our old newborn car seat is too old, our stroller was pink and this is a boy and the travel system we originally had won't fit in the boot of our current car so have to splash out. I've started on the hospital bag too. I want to have it done by 35 weeks even though I'm sure baby will be late but I'll be organised. Picked up some XL underwear a nightdress. Vests for baby and baby gros in up to one month size.

You’ve started on the hospital bag?! WOW, you are organised! I literally haven’t bought or thought about one thing at all for this baby. Need to start looking at double buggies but I really haven’t the energy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Lovelemons

I had horrible spd the last time and I don't want to leave all that shopping to the end. Also when I would be starting on it I've two going back to school so between uniforms books and all the accessories that will be enough organising for me. I feel like it's a never ending to do list if I'm honest

Lovelemons wrote: »
    I had horrible spd the last time and I don't want to leave all that shopping to the end. Also when I would be starting on it I've two going back to school so between uniforms books and all the accessories that will be enough organising for me. I feel like it's a never ending to do list if I'm honest

Arghh I had SPD too which started at 25 weeks.... I’m currently 20 weeks.... maybe I should get my ass in gear!

Online shopping for the hospital bag saved my skin last time.

I've started my hospital bag too. In that I've bought it and about three things for it lol. I've a long way to go. I'm using it for holidays next week so can't be packing it yet anyways

• Advertisement

I feel so unorganised now girls some of you have your hospital bag! Great news on the scan so far, mine is Thursday week and I cannot wait.. I think then ill start buying.. Feeling ok too but same as yous craving takeaway etc. I had ketones in urine last week and white blood cells this week and BP up and down so GP keeping an eye on it all really.. anyone else ankles very swollen? I am sitting at a desk all day but still get very swollen at the end of the day

Wow lovelemons you are so organised!and dead right too with older kids to get ready for school. I'll start picking up bits gradually after the big scan next Wednesday. I am just counting down the days until the summer holidays before I think too much about buying anything major. I am so so lucky in work to have the two months off. I do go a bit stir crazy bored at home but I'll just do my best to rest as much as I can.

Does anyone else have a really sore tailbone? It comes and goes for me, I presume it's to do with the pregnancy?!

Just bought the next to me crib on Boots online for €139 girls if anyone is still looking!!

I just bought the next 2 me. They must have been updating the website yesterday. It looks great!

Orange369 wrote:
    Just bought the next to me crib on Boots online for €139 girls if anyone is still looking!!

That's such good value and I am so tempted...but I told myself I wouldn't buy anything til after our big scan and the superstitious side of me is telling me to wait. This superstition could cost me 70euro :P

I know oh my god I am nervous buying it too but I think we deserve it after waiting 20 weeks! Ah hopefully they stay on special for a while, I just couldnt pass the bargain

Orange369 wrote:
    I know oh my god I am nervous buying it too but I think we deserve it after waiting 20 weeks! Ah hopefully they stay on special for a while, I just couldnt pass the bargain

You're so right, I'll be kicking myself next week if they're gone back up in price!

Anatomy scan done and dusted. All is well thank goodness. Reckons a boy but wouldn't be 100%. We might go for a gender scan when we get home from holidays though I don't honestly mind

Edit: Buy buy buy the next 2 me. Honestly. Its the one piece of equipment I have had ZERO regrets paying full price for at the time. We bought it late one evening when the baby was about two weeks old and we were losing the plot. It is amazing

That's nice to hear about the scan, a little boy for you perhaps, and the Next 2 me crib!
    My anomoly scan is next week, but I thought a  celebratory Crib purchase would be a suitable marking of the 20 weeks milestone.

• Advertisement

Aww thats great news on your scan! Congrats :)

Is anyone getting very swollen feet? I dont know if its the heat adding to it! I am off work on annual leave until 11th of June now really looking forward to the break.. Very jealous of all the teachers on here!!

Orange369 wrote: »
    Aww thats great news on your scan! Congrats :)

Is anyone getting very swollen feet? I dont know if its the heat adding to it! I am off work on annual leave until 11th of June now really looking forward to the break.. Very jealous of all the teachers on here!!

Mine are swollen and my hands. Carpel tunnel is recurring and I’ve had to switch to silicone rings with the heat

Bloody hormones. Extremes of emotions today. Hope it's just today, feeling all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 NeeNeeAW

Hi girls,

Joining in here too! Due the 29th October! 1st baby so very anxious and nervous!

Quick one for you all, where has the best maternity wear?

Thanks

NeeNee

Just bought the Next 2 Me as well. That's a terrific bargain.

NeeNeeAW wrote: »
    Hi girls,

Joining in here too! Due the 29th October! 1st baby so very anxious and nervous!

Quick one for you all, where has the best maternity wear?

Thanks

NeeNee
    Congrats! I am the 17th of October! I have bought a few things from new look online lovely section especially of tops and good leggins.. i bought some over the bump jeggins from boohoo and they are grand too! not going to go over board on clothes tho its only this week where i kind of need to start wearing a few maternity things

• Advertisement

Soooo..... I caved into temptation and peeked at the slip of paper which said the baby’s gender..... we are team blue! I was totally convinced it’s a girl so a bit shocked but happy! My husband had said he would have a third child if this one was another boy, so it looks like I’m gonna get my team of three after all, all being well!

I haven’t told my husband yet... planning to do a mini gender reveal for him this evening when he gets home - lots of blue balloons and decorations to surprise him when he walks in the door!

Soooo..... I caved into temptation and peeked at the slip of paper which said the baby’s gender..... we are team blue! I was totally convinced it’s a girl so a bit shocked but happy! My husband had said he would have a third child if this one was another boy, so it looks like I’m gonna get my team of three after all, all being well!

I haven’t told my husband yet... planning to do a mini gender reveal for him this evening when he gets home - lots of blue balloons and decorations to surprise him when he walks in the door!

I don’t know how you held out this long lol! Congrats!!

I don’t know how you held out this long lol! Congrats!!

I was planning to hold out all pregnancy! I just held it up to the light out of curiosity, not expecting to be able to see it. And then I was like, “F**K!!! It’s a boy and now I know but his dad doesn’t know, arrrghhh!!!!”

I was planning to hold out all pregnancy! I just held it up to the light out of curiosity, not expecting to be able to see it. And then I was like, “F**K!!! It’s a boy and now I know but his dad doesn’t know, arrrghhh!!!!â€

Oh dear :) great to be able to surprise your husband when he gets home anyway. We have our scan on Wednesday and really hoping we don't inadvertently find out as we really want the surprise!

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Oh dear :) great to be able to surprise your husband when he gets home anyway. We have our scan on Wednesday and really hoping we don't inadvertently find out as we really want the surprise!

Just tell them you don’t want to know and they will get you to look away when they’re checking the nether regions!

• Advertisement
Advertisement