Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

October 2018 Babies club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Orange369

Yeah I am the same! I only work in town so dont have far to go after hoping to be in work for half 11 ish.. I might bring a change of top in case I am sweating after it, I dont know if it is a physical thing or a talk! I read the booklet it says its about diet healthy eating exercise etc so hopefully its a talk and not a work out lol.. The infababy products look really sturdy and from what I have read online they get good reviews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Ah girls, there’ll be no sweating involved! 90% of prenatal physio is about your pelvic floor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Ah girls, there’ll be no sweating involved! 90% of prenatal physio is about your pelvic floor!

Sure we wouldn't know if we didnt ask!
    Will there be any advice to help my aching hips and legs? GP reckons physio class will help that's why I thought it might get physical

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Sure we wouldn't know if we didnt ask!
    Will there be any advice to help my aching hips and legs? GP reckons physio class will help that's why I thought it might get physical

I’m sure you can ask for some advice, even if it’s not explicitly covered. I’ve found the hospital physios super helpful in the past.

Speaking of which, I think my SPD is coming back this pregnancy. It hurts to turn over in bed, which was how it started last time. It’s a few weeks sooner than before. Idk how I’m gonna cope with a 16 month old to run around after. He cannot stand being kept indoors, but walking is soon going to become very painful. Feckkkkkkkkkkk

Girls I had my physio class Monday and it was quiet good! Room is very comfortable bean bags to sit in and nice and cool with the air con.. Not physical at all but we did practice a couple of exercises on the floor at the end.. all about exercises pelvic floor and bladder control.. 1st antenatal class tomorrow for us now! all the appointments are adding up now :)..

• Advertisement

Orange369 wrote:
    Girls I had my physio class Monday and it was quiet good! Room is very comfortable bean bags to sit in and nice and cool with the air con.. Not physical at all but we did practice a couple of exercises on the floor at the end.. all about exercises pelvic floor and bladder control.. 1st antenatal class tomorrow for us now! all the appointments are adding up now ..

Ah that's great thanks for the update! Youre attending the coombe arent you? Is it in Donore Ave? I can't remember and most of those appointments for classes were given to me over the phone

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Orange369 wrote:
    Girls I had my physio class Monday and it was quiet good! Room is very comfortable bean bags to sit in and nice and cool with the air con.. Not physical at all but we did practice a couple of exercises on the floor at the end.. all about exercises pelvic floor and bladder control.. 1st antenatal class tomorrow for us now! all the appointments are adding up now ..

Ah that's great thanks for the update! Youre attending the coombe arent you? Is it in Donore Ave? I can't remember and most of those appointments for classes were given to me over the phone

Yeah in the Coombe too! I got mine in an email.. 1st physio was Monday and introduction class tomorrow then the rest are on end of July/August then.. Id say u can check at the physio one, the women gave me a note for work then and there too.. the physio ones are in the hospital if u go tp reception and take a left and its on the left down the corridor and u cant bring ur partner.. the antenatal ones are in Donore community center and u can bring your partner to those ones

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Jutton

Sorry guys stupid question, physio classes? Are these just if you are in a lot of pain etc or does everyone do them. Are they through the hospital? I'm going to Drogheda and didn't hear anything. I'm doing private yoga classes ....are these similar or should I look about doing both. Sorry just confused.

Jutton wrote: »
    Sorry guys stupid question, physio classes? Are these just if you are in a lot of pain etc or does everyone do them. Are they through the hospital? I'm going to Drogheda and didn't hear anything. I'm doing private yoga classes ....are these similar or should I look about doing both. Sorry just confused.

They’re mainly just pelvic floor stuff. My antenatal classes in Holles St included two physio classes last time - two out of six.

There’s a really good app reminding and instructing you how to best do pelvic floor exercises called Squeezy. It’s produced by the NHS. I downloaded it postnatally when I was having problem with bladder control and it really helped. I’ve been using it all pregnancy this time too.

Re: yoga... pre natal yoga classes tend to include some pelvic floor work too.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭clacla82

Is anyone else getting this kind of crunchy rib thing when they try to lie on their side?? It feels like I’m breaking them!

• Advertisement

Afraid I’ve no idea what that could be clacla82! If it’s bothering you, you could maybe try a physio?

Speaking of physio, my SPD is back. It’s only bothering me in bed or with a reasonable amount of walking for now, but I’m sure it won’t be long making itself really felt. Going to book in with a physio after my holidays - any recommendations? I’m based on dublin 6. Greenttc I think I remember you recommending milltown?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I'm having a fair bit of trouble getting to sleep. I usually sleep on my front, but that's too uncomfortable now. If I sleep on my side I always wind up with shoulder pain, and sleeping on my back is difficult. I'm also getting ungainly so rolling over in bed has become a production.

Ah, the joys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

Kylith, the snoozle as described earlier in the thread will be your best friend for turning over on bed, Google it!

Caitriona, yes it is Milltown I recommended to you previously. They were excellent and then eventually fixed it almost completely towards the end. Huge amount of empathy from me, hopefully it doesn't get any worse!!! I understand the pain...!

greenttc wrote: »
    Kylith, the snoozle as described earlier in the thread will be your best friend for turning over on bed, Google it!

Caitriona, yes it is Milltown I recommended to you previously. They were excellent and then eventually fixed it almost completely towards the end. Huge amount of empathy from me, hopefully it doesn't get any worse!!! I understand the pain...!

Great. How are you feeling? Any wee niggles turning in bed?

If there’s any therapist in particular you found good, please let me know!

Also, re: sleeping, are we allowed to sleep on our backs at this stage or is it a no no? My hips/pelvis really hurt after a while on my side... and then turning to the other side hurts too!

Great. How are you feeling? Any wee niggles turning in bed?

If there’s any therapist in particular you found good, please let me know!

Also, re: sleeping, are we allowed to sleep on our backs at this stage or is it a no no? My hips/pelvis really hurt after a while on my side... and then turning to the other side hurts too!

Sometimes I wonder has the spd returned because everything feels very tight and painful when standing or walking for a any length if time. But then I do the stand on one leg test and it's okay so maybe it's not spd, not sure but not worried about it yet!

I think they are probably all good in Milltown. I think I might have told you before that the type of physio that eventually worked for me was internal physio, not the nicest thing to go through but I was able to get into my car with no pain as soon as I walked out the door, was worth all the discomfort (more mental discomfort than physical to be honest)

Think we are advised to sleep on our sides and not back as the weight of tummy and placenta lying on baby is not good and supposedly blood flow is restricted. I end up on my back due to side discomfort sometimes but never can stay for very long cause that discomfort can be even worse. Definitely feel very stiff getting out of bed. Snoozle is overworked at this stage!!!!!

Orange369 wrote:
    Yeah in the Coombe too! I got mine in an email.. 1st physio was Monday and introduction class tomorrow then the rest are on end of July/August then.. Id say u can check at the physio one, the women gave me a note for work then and there too.. the physio ones are in the hospital if u go tp reception and take a left and its on the left down the corridor and u cant bring ur partner.. the antenatal ones are in Donore community center and u can bring your partner to those ones

Thanks so much I swear I would have been down at Donore Ave! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Panda18

Hi everyone, I haven’t been on in what seems like ages! Hope everyone is keeping well :) does anyone else have hay fever? I’m finding it hard to catch my breath this week and it’s pretty uncomfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Panda18

Hey everyone, just wanted to telll you all of a great deal we got today. Mother care were selling a Cosatto giggle 2 travel system (car seat included) for €1044 and we got it in Smyths toy store for 599!!! The only difference was it was a different print :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jodee08

Hi all!!
    Been lurking for weeks! Didn’t have much to report so just read others posts! Feels like I’m way behind everyone with being due end of Oct!
    Back in hospital today for consultant appt & then have big scan tomorrow!
    Will post how I get on!
    Lots of movement this past week so looking forward to seeing Baba!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Welcome Jodee!

I’m on the last run into rosslare in the ferry. Super rough (from my inexperienced ferry travel). Little boy threw up about 4am and I followed him about 5am. I’ll be glad to see land! Holiday was great but second trimester energy has never really manifested for me, I was wrecked a lot and naps were needed. Glad to be home but great trip

• Advertisement

Welcome Jodee!

I’m on the last run into rosslare in the ferry. Super rough (from my inexperienced ferry travel). Little boy threw up about 4am and I followed him about 5am. I’ll be glad to see land! Holiday was great but second trimester energy has never really manifested for me, I was wrecked a lot and naps were needed. Glad to be home but great trip

Ah no, sorry to hear you’ve had a rough trip! Were you in france? That’s a loooooong crossing if so.

We are also just back from our holidays - 9 days in the sun. I’m exhausted. Think I can give up on the second trimester energy returning at any stage now. Great holiday though.

Best of luck with the scan tomorrow Jodee!

Where are people at with their shopping lists? I have bought absolutely nothing, bar two packs of newborn nappies in Lidl! Gonna go try out some double buggies this week.

Yeah ferry from France. Boarded around 2 yesterday. I had been travel sick in the car for the first time in my life so a rough ferry was the last thing I needed!!

Haven’t bought anything but I have a lot. I need a cot as my lad is still in his cot bed and it’s been reinforced so it can’t be converted back. Thinking of buying a new colour pack for my out n about nipper and need to pick up the car seat adaptors for it as I didn’t have this buggy at the early stage.

After that it’s going to be a case of adding a box of wipes/nappies to the stash with the shopping over the next few months. If it’s a boy as they think i’ll have tons of stuff.

Gonna start my hospital bag soon in the hopes that if I do I won’t need it. I had a fair few admissions in the last four months on my little boy

Will you have another scan to confirm it’s a boy?

I’m so excited to have two boys! I’ve always been really desperate for girls so thought I might be disappointed to have another boy, but I’m actually delighted as they’re close in age so hopefully will be great chums!

The next one is our last though so still holding out for a pink one then!

Will you have another scan to confirm it’s a boy?

I’m so excited to have two boys! I’ve always been really desperate for girls so thought I might be disappointed to have another boy, but I’m actually delighted as they’re close in age so hopefully will be great chums!

The next one is our last though so still holding out for a pink one then!

We were definitely considering it but may have blown some of our budget on holidays so we'll see :D

Ours will be not far off four years apart which wasn't intentional but that was just the way the cookie crumbled unfortunately. I'm not sure we'd go again, girl or not. Childcare and kids are just super expensive tbh and while I love my lad to bits and will this one too, I'd like to be confident that I can provide as well as I can for them

Four years is an awesome gap though, as your older guy will be well out of the toddler stage and might actually listen to you when you tell him not to run out in front of cars or put dirt in his mouth, unlike my guy! I wonder how old they need to be before you can train them to change nappies....... !!

Four years is an awesome gap though, as your older guy will be well out of the toddler stage and might actually listen to you when you tell him not to run out in front of cars or put dirt in his mouth, unlike my guy! I wonder how old they need to be before you can train them to change nappies....... !!

Ha ha! We're hoping for no major regression either as he's been toilet trained for almost a year-not looking forward to another round of nappies :eek:

Sorry for TMI but is anyone elses nipples really sore like stingy feeling and leaking?? Mine is very painful and leaking mostly only the left one! The joys.. I defo dont have a 2nd trimester energy burst anyway.. Dunnes were doing maternity dressing gowns pjs and night dresses on sale in Liffey Valley for 5er and 7 euro, good deals I picked them up to start a hospital bag too.. I got some little vests and baby grows too when I took them out of the pack I started crying thinking omg I am actually having a baby!! It hits me in waves....

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jodee08

Hi Orange369,
    That might be your breasts getting ready for breast feeding?
    Big scan later today, but was in with consultant yesterday for check-up and had a small scan anyway. Was great to see baba yawning and moving about. It really makes it so real. Can't wait for a longer look later!
    I started my hospital bag yesterday, totally impulsively. Was in Dunnes so picked up slippers and a couple of maternity nighties.
    I'm off to America to see my sister for 5 days tomorrow, so I plan to buy the car seat and stroller once I get back! I've a feeling the next few weeks are going to fly in!

Mine hurt like hell but no leaking. I didn’t breastfeed last time and actually my milk never came in (no engorgement or pain or anything) but still got all the hormone changes.

Starting to put together my lists now for shopping and tracking down all the things I’ve lent to others. Looking at Mam bottles this time I think. Self sterilising looks very handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I'm having cramping the last couple of days, which isn't great and kept me awake the other night. I'm also up 3 times a night to pee now. The joys. Still, good practise for getting up to feed :D

http://www.buggypod.com/wordpress/?product=buggypod-io-converted

Look at this yoke I just saw on Instagram, thinking of those of you who are on number two and scratching your head over double buggies.....

Wonder how good it actually is. Still might stick with a double buggy

http://www.buggypod.com/wordpress/?product=buggypod-io-converted

Look at this yoke I just saw on Instagram, thinking of those of you who are on number two and scratching your head over double buggies.....

Wonder how good it actually is. Still might stick with a double buggy

Funky! My lad is 3.5 now and won’t sit in the buggy for me so we aren’t going to bother

I think we are going to be using the buggy so much for both kids that I’d rather have a proper double. It’s marketed as use for an older sibling wanting an occasional rest, but our age gap is gonna be so small that I imagine we will be better off with the real deal!

I’m looking at the mountain buggy duet. Tried a few in a pram shop the other day and this one stood out. I like the fact that it’s side by side, but narrow enough to fit through most single doorways, and is easy enough to fold. My friend is selling one second hand and I think I’m gonna take it!

I think we are going to be using the buggy so much for both kids that I’d rather have a proper double. It’s marketed as use for an older sibling wanting an occasional rest, but our age gap is gonna be so small that I imagine we will be better off with the real deal!

I’m looking at the mountain buggy duet. Tried a few in a pram shop the other day and this one stood out. I like the fact that it’s side by side, but narrow enough to fit through most single doorways, and is easy enough to fold. My friend is selling one second hand and I think I’m gonna take it!

That is the one I was looking at too! I like that it can go down to a single buggy too. What car do you have and did you try it? Just wondering will it fit in my boot, is it really big or about average size of a single travel system buggy when folded?

That is the one I was looking at too! I like that it can go down to a single buggy too. What car do you have and did you try it? Just wondering will it fit in my boot, is it really big or about average size of a single travel system buggy when folded?

Probably depends on your travel system! It’s bigger than my single enough when folded, but all in one piece rather than in two separate bits. Definitely go and have a look at it. Eurobaby on long mile road had it, but Tony kielys didnt. It’s on offer for €629 until end of june

• Advertisement

We have a huge boot (although we rarely drive anywhere but that’ll probably change when we move house), so not an issue for us anyway.

The city mini double folded down pretty neatly (and was super easy to fold).

Also, I meant to say - saw the midwife today (and all was good, thankfully), and asked her about fast labour. She said that, despite having my waters broken, 2cm to 10cm in two hours was unusually fast for a first baby, and that I should expect the second baby to come very fast too, even if I go into spontaneous labour. She asked if I would consider a home birth - ha!

Can I just get the epidural put in now, please?!

Also, I meant to say - saw the midwife today (and all was good, thankfully), and asked her about fast labour. She said that, despite having my waters broken, 2cm to 10cm in two hours was unusually fast for a first baby, and that I should expect the second baby to come very fast too, even if I go into spontaneous labour. She asked if I would consider a home birth - ha!

Jinx!! That’s what I was told too. She was like gel induction aside I dilated ridiculously fast from 0-baby and to push him out in less than 10 minutes from -2 was very fast apparently. Not terrifying at all is it? She told me to have my husband prepared in case

Jinx!! That’s what I was told too. She was like gel induction aside I dilated ridiculously fast from 0-baby and to push him out in less than 10 minutes from -2 was very fast apparently. Not terrifying at all is it? She told me to have my husband prepared in case

Do you have a plan? Like call family/childminder at the first wee niggle of a contraction, even though it might not be the real deal? So hard to know. My closest family are my sister in Gorey or my parents in belfast (and we live in Ranelagh) so it’s a long way away if the labour is fast.... but also a long way to come if it’s a false alarm!

Do you have a plan? Like call family/childminder at the first wee niggle of a contraction, even though it might not be the real deal? So hard to know. My closest family are my sister in Gorey or my parents in belfast (and we live in Ranelagh) so it’s a long way away if the labour is fast.... but also a long way to come if it’s a false alarm!

I’m going to take a quick shower/bath, see if they stay and then we’re going straight in, his parents to meet us at the hospital when they can to take my little lad. it’s easier to meet at the halfway point I.e. the hospital as we’re both about 30-40 minutes from it. They don’t mind about false alarms after the speed of the last one! My sister is the back up call if they aren’t available. She’s also 40-50 minutes from hospital. I’ve also been told that I can ring the local Garda station and ask them to lead me in with blues if it’s rush hour but I won’t do that unless I’m confident it’s labour.

Midwife even warned me to be very explicit to the hospital how fast I went the last time in case they try send me home

Back up plan is ring an ambulance and labour in the house. Gas and air didn’t work for me at all last time and I didn’t have time for an epidural so apart from the mess/stress it would probably be doable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Popping in from September thread here, my first was 3weeks early and I dilated to 9cm at home, she came after 30minutes or so but I had a botched episiotomy and suturing afterwards that had to be corrected 2 weeks later. So now natural labour isn't an option as according to the kind nurse, it'll rip me in two :pac: my issue, if anyone has been in a similar situation is that I don't have a hospital appointment again until 32w where the date for the section is scheduled but what happens if worst comes to worst and I arrive in ready to push again before my given date? I had braxton hicks that woke me yesterday and now I'm terrified I'm going to go even earlier than the first :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Tell them Purple Lemons! Could you call your consultant/hospital if you are worried today, and just explain that to them?

Girls, just go in at the first sign. Speaking as someone who has weeks of false labour pains before the event, you know when it's serious. I am treated for Group B strep too, so I just head in as they want to get drugs in during the labour - and this time round I had false labour pains for 2 weeks every night, including the night I went in, I just KNEW when they changed from false to real....there was an edge to them that made me unable to talk and cling to whatever was handy when they came. They were only about 15 mins apart initially, but went to 6 mins apart on the way to the hospital, 40 mins later. That has happened on both my last 2. But even if you go in and they aren't real, they would rather see you in there, believe me. I had a false alarm on my second and they kept me in because my first was relatively short (7 hours, not quite like yours!), and we live 40 mins away and they were unsure about letting me go home just in case - they only let me go home because I told them after a few hours I was fine and nothing was happening.

The best thing I found was to walk around. Lying down they felt worse, but if I got up and walked around for a bit I found out pretty quickly whether they were real or not, and that's how I knew. When the real ones hit, believe me you know it. :eek:

Mirrorwall, would you think of having a Doula, just in case? Someone living near you?

shesty wrote: »
    Tell them Purple Lemons! Could you call your consultant/hospital if you are worried today, and just explain that to them?

Girls, just go in at the first sign. Speaking as someone who has weeks of false labour pains before the event, you know when it's serious. I am treated for Group B strep too, so I just head in as they want to get drugs in during the labour - and this time round I had false labour pains for 2 weeks every night, including the night I went in, I just KNEW when they changed from false to real....there was an edge to them that made me unable to talk and cling to whatever was handy when they came. They were only about 15 mins apart initially, but went to 6 mins apart on the way to the hospital, 40 mins later. That has happened on both my last 2. But even if you go in and they aren't real, they would rather see you in there, believe me. I had a false alarm on my second and they kept me in because my first was relatively short (7 hours, not quite like yours!), and we live 40 mins away and they were unsure about letting me go home just in case - they only let me go home because I told them after a few hours I was fine and nothing was happening.

The best thing I found was to walk around. Lying down they felt worse, but if I got up and walked around for a bit I found out pretty quickly whether they were real or not, and that's how I knew. When the real ones hit, believe me you know it. :eek:

Mirrorwall, would you think of having a Doula, just in case? Someone living near you?

Thanks for the advice Shesty

I'm actually consultant led, not suitable for Midwife led with high BMI, Asthma and previous gestational hypertension, IUG, rhesus negative plus strep B positive so I assumed no one would take me on tbh!

shesty wrote: »

I voiced my concerns to my doctor and he just kinda brushed me off saying don't worry you won't go before 32w you're fine etc so reluctant to contact hospital incase they just say the same. Everyone says you know when real labour hits but for me it just wasn't that obvious unfortunately and I didn't know it was real labour until the midwife examined me and nearly died seeing I was 9cm because she was trying to send me home to bed with paracetamol for braxton hicks.

I'm more than likely panicking over nothing, just don't want to risk anymore damage on my lady garden because it took over a year of appointments, ointments and creams to be able to wipe myself without wincing in pain, let alone have sex so anymore scar tissue down there just isn't an option. This is a horrible post with tmi sorry

I voiced my concerns to my doctor and he just kinda brushed me off saying don't worry you won't go before 32w you're fine etc so reluctant to contact hospital incase they just say the same. Everyone says you know when real labour hits but for me it just wasn't that obvious unfortunately and I didn't know it was real labour until the midwife examined me and nearly died seeing I was 9cm because she was trying to send me home to bed with paracetamol for braxton hicks.

I'm more than likely panicking over nothing, just don't want to risk anymore damage on my lady garden because it took over a year of appointments, ointments and creams to be able to wipe myself without wincing in pain, let alone have sex so anymore scar tissue down there just isn't an option. This is a horrible post with tmi sorry

From what the midwife said to me I need to be incredibly blunt about how fast my labour was. She more or less said ‘those who shout the loudest’.

Purple lemon Id be going in at that 32 week appointment and refusing to leave the room until there is a solid plan in place as to what is going to happen in the coming weeks. What would reassure you? Maybe even ask for a weekly check from 32 weeks no matter what the plan for the end is? Would you prefer a scheduled cesearean or have they mentioned it? If you can bring someone with you who is good at being pushy.

I've been told scheduled C section at 38w, but 37w if baby is measuring big at 36w check up.
    I think I just need reassurance that if I do labour early and get to the hospital that they're not going to turn around and say you may as well try to continue naturally seeing as you're this far. I know it's not likely to happen but in a situation like that will I be offered an emergency section?

I definitely need someone pushy because I kinda just nod my head and say yes nurse no problem nurse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

I've been told scheduled C section at 38w, but 37w if baby is measuring big at 36w check up.
    I think I just need reassurance that if I do labour early and get to the hospital that they're not going to turn around and say you may as well try to continue naturally seeing as you're this far. I know it's not likely to happen but in a situation like that will I be offered an emergency section?

I definitely need someone pushy because I kinda just nod my head and say yes nurse no problem nurse

I’m just hoping in from Nov. I’ve had extremely fast labours. 1.5hrs & 37mins on my second so I obviously had huge concerns on my second which were unwarranted as it all worked out. You have a few added things though so I can completely understand your worries. Like the others have said you have to shout the loudest, so bring someone with you to advocate for you. I was too quiet on my second and was a bit dismissed so am having none of it this time but funnily given it’s my third they seem more than happy to listen to me considering I have a bit of a pattern and I should get an induction closer to my due date (I also went 2 weeks over on both pregnancies which doesn’t help when you’re sitting worried you’re going to give birth in the garden!)

I’m also one of those people that just didn’t know labour was starting on either. I had weeks of pre labour on my second but went from nothing to baby in 37 mins.

Have you a good GP you can talk to? Use all the support you can find and please try your hardest to speak up for yourself, I know it’s hard but you have very valid concerns and have to be listened to!! Insist on having that question answered as to what will happen if labour starts before your scheduled section. A friend of mine had a breech baby and went into labour just before her scheduled section and had an emergency section but I’m not sure if that’s standard or specific to her circumstances.

Best of luck and big hugs!!

Zero to baby in 37 minutes... Jesus. How did you get to hospital and get your first child minded? It must have been the worst 37 minutes of your life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

I can only say the universe worked in my favour! A few changed variables and it might have been different. I have a huge advantage in that I’m minutes from my parents so once I got close to my due date she spent most of her time up there, I’d be in and out and she happily slept there. #2 also had the decency to arrive at 10pm on a Tuesday evening so that coupled with a few questionable orange to red lights and we made it! I wasn’t as shell shocked after her as I was on my first but my body felt the swift evacuation ten times harder!

I’m point blank refusing to go to 42 weeks again this time though. I’m not sure we’d have it as easy with two at home. I’m generally anti intervention but given the circumstances I’m happy to bend my views!

Omg all the fast labour stories are making me nervous! First baby here, I am lucky I only live 10-15 mins from the Coombe and only the dog to worry about lol so should be ok to make it in a hurry if I need to! I am back in with the consultant next week and will be 24 weeks then, I feel 24 weeks is a milestone! When is everyone starting their maternity benefit form with work and social welfare process? What week should I start all that?

• Advertisement
Advertisement