Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

October 2018 Babies club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭audi02

Time is going very fast!

You are dead right. And when I'm not a hormonal mess thats what I remember :D In my bad moments I'm like the music department will fall apart!! :eek:

I literally can't go out during the day tbh, I overheat so quickly. Even going out after three with my toddler I'm in full hat suncream, glass of water and shade if possible. Really glad I'm not further along

Ha ha dont worry the music department wont change a bit while youre gone...you'll only be back a day and it'll be like you never left. How old is your toddler? My ladeen is 18 months now,he's so busy but he doesn't like stayin out to long in this heat either. In normal weather I cant get him to come in! Today was so hot we didnt go out til 3.30 either and it was only for 1 hour. Its very tiring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

audi02 wrote:
    For all the teachers out there ye need to enjoy yere holidays and your maternity leave

Oh trust me, I'm living for 12pm Friday :P
    That said I'll spend the first week in a course and the last two weeks prepping for the new year but that the less than glamorous side of the holidays :P and really looking forward to maternity leave too, it's the 5 weeks between the two that will be madness but I'm glad I have them!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Panda18

Anyone feeling a decrease in movement? It’s still there but lighter and less frequent so I’m trying not to panic. 26weeks tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Panda18 wrote: »
    Anyone feeling a decrease in movement? It’s still there but lighter and less frequent so I’m trying not to panic. 26weeks tomorrow

Decreased movement is the one thing that I take no chances on Panda. Ring the hospital. Big hugs xxx

Decreased movement is the one thing that I take no chances on Panda. Ring the hospital. Big hugs xxx

Thanks Mirrorwall I must give them a call

I agree...drink plenty of ice cold drinks that usually gives me lots of movements..

Just back from the hospital, everything is fine thankfully :) nice strong heartbeat and baby was waving in the scan. They said that maybe I didn’t drink enough yesterday or it may have changed position.

Thanks for advising me to give them a call, I feel so much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

If the patterns change, they want you come straight in for a check. I had to do this several times on my last baby and they were always glad to see me. I think you should head in.

Does any of ye play music to yere bump? Someone told me this with my last child but its mad it actaually works. I used to play the same few songs to him every day and then when he arrived in the world he recognised them. They say its a comfort to them and reminds them of been in the womb. My friends laugh when I show them a video on my phone where he was roarin cryin and the minute his song came on he stopped!! Even though we were fed up of the same few songs it was great for the times we couldn't get him to settle 😂

Just back from the hospital, everything is fine thankfully :) nice strong heartbeat and baby was waving in the scan. They said that maybe I didn’t drink enough yesterday or it may have changed position.

Brilliant. Definitely one I’d always ring for!

• Advertisement

audi02 wrote: »
    Does any of ye play music to yere bump? Someone told me this with my last child but its mad it actaually works. I used to play the same few songs to him every day and then when he arrived in the world he recognised them. They say its a comfort to them and reminds them of been in the womb. My friends laugh when I show them a video on my phone where he was roarin cryin and the minute his song came on he stopped!! Even though we were fed up of the same few songs it was great for the times we couldn't get him to settle 😂

This happened partly by accident. It turned out that one of the songs I had been teaching in the school show while pregnant was his favourite soothing music as a baby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

No, but Himself has taken to talking to the bump - mouth right up against my belly ‘Hellooo! Hello in there! This is daddy speaking’. I’ve gotten myself saddled with a loon :D

I do sing to myself quite a bit, so maybe i’ll start repeating one or two every day.

If the patterns change, they want you come straight in for a check. I had to do this several times on my last baby and they were always glad to see me. I think you should head in.

At how many weeks? I'm 24w5d and don't know when I should be expecting patterns..

Cash_Q wrote: »

At how many weeks? I'm 24w5d and don't know when I should be expecting patterns..

I had thought it was 3rd trimester myself, but at my last midwife appt she told me to come it if any changes so I guess at this stage? I wouldn't say I have much of a pattern yet either though. Like I would go hours without feeling him. But I've an anterior placenta this time.

Glad you got sorted and everythin is ok x

Yes sorry panda18 I meant to say earlier that's great news.

Ok thanks caitriona nic... hard to know really, I thought babba was a bit quiet this morning but been jumping about all day and night so far now. I suppose it's worth checking in with ourselves every few hours even if no established patterns. I'm back with midwife on 13th so I'll ask then.

This heat is so bloody hard. I love the sun usually but really struggled today and I wasn't outdoors for any length of time at all.

Today I’m cooked. Totally overdone it this weekend. Worked yesterday, then straight to Ikea on the way home. Then spent the morning building Ikea/tidying, followed by a fete, followed by three hours at a kids party mostly in the full sun. I’m baked and exhausted. Heading west tomorrow and they say it’s cooler, I cannot wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

Today I’m cooked. Totally overdone it this weekend. Worked yesterday, then straight to Ikea on the way home. Then spent the morning building Ikea/tidying, followed by a fete, followed by three hours at a kids party mostly in the full sun. I’m baked and exhausted. Heading west tomorrow and they say it’s cooler, I cannot wait!

I am similar mirror wall, walked around town all day yesterday (what was I thinking!) then been to the park this morning, then shopping and generally running around after the wee man! Haven't an ounce of energy left in me I just can't move now!

Wee man is walking properly ow by the way, it literally was just get up and walk one day last week and he hasnt stopped walking since l, I thought he might go back to crawling as it was easier and faster but no, he is a determined little lad and hasn't looked back once. It really changes everything, he is into things he never was now as they are far more accessible.

Ah it's great to hear he's walking (even if it is exhausting for you!). He was clearly waiting and watching and working it all out and then only getting going when he was certain he could do a good job of it!

We are now at the running stage which is kind of hectic. The other day I took him and my cousins (4, 5 and 8 and all boys) to the beach and it was mental. Any time I helped one of them take their shoes off or brush sand off their feet, my wee man was away like the clappers. He would run straight into moving traffic given half the chance too. And he's not always easy to run after while pregnant!

Speaking of which, I had to run for the Luas the other day while wearing flip flops. It was only a very short stretch but by God did I look horrendous- like a big heifer running to the feeding trough! I will not be repeating that in a hurry!

Heartburn is just starting to rear its head here now. I'll be getting straight onto the ranitidine if it starts keeping me up at night.

• Advertisement

Ah it's great to hear he's walking (even if it is exhausting for you!). He was clearly waiting and watching and working it all out and then only getting going when he was certain he could do a good job of it!

We are now at the running stage which is kind of hectic. The other day I took him and my cousins (4, 5 and 8 and all boys) to the beach and it was mental. Any time I helped one of them take their shoes off or brush sand off their feet, my wee man was away like the clappers. He would run straight into moving traffic given half the chance too. And he's not always easy to run after while pregnant!

Speaking of which, I had to run for the Luas the other day while wearing flip flops. It was only a very short stretch but by God did I look horrendous- like a big heifer running to the feeding trough! I will not be repeating that in a hurry!

Heartburn is just starting to rear its head here now. I'll be getting straight onto the ranitidine if it starts keeping me up at night.

Oh yeah, we have running too, he has literally taken off within days, such a change!!

I don't even think I would attempt to run not to mind in flip flops! It would be disturbing for people to watch!!!

Awh lovely to have them walking!

Finding it rough going the last two days. Saw spots yesterday and BP was 165/105 on wrist monitor in my mums. Came down to normal after half an hour. I didn’t bother ringing the Coombe because I was in the west of Ireland but I’ve been running a mild headache since and I’m feeling a bit guilty. Blood pressure has been fine since though so it’s not like they’d be doing anything going by last time round.

Got a physio class tomorrow for two hours for back/hip pain. Never did one of these before so it’ll be interesting to see if it helps

TMI: Has anyone got pain right at the front of their vagina?

I’m in agony by the end of the day the last three days, particularly when I go from standing to sitting. Horrible and I definitely didn’t have this last time

TMI: Has anyone got pain right at the front of their vagina?

I’m in agony by the end of the day the last three days, particularly when I go from standing to sitting. Horrible and I definitely didn’t have this last time

Is it worse when you stand on one leg? Does it hurt to go up and down stairs and to get in and out of the car?

Is it worse when you stand on one leg? Does it hurt to go up and down stairs and to get in and out of the car?

Yes to the one leg (so much ouch putting shoes on). Stairs I haven’t noticed because I’ve been in a bungalow all week. In and out of car yes, unless I’m careful though I’ve some good habits on that after foot surgery last year

Yes to the one leg (so much ouch putting shoes on). Stairs I haven’t noticed because I’ve been in a bungalow all week. In and out of car yes, unless I’m careful though I’ve some good habits on that after foot surgery last year

It sounds very much like SPD. God love you as it's very painful.

I suffered from it a lot on my last baby and it's back again now but nowhere near as bad yet. I highly recommend you book in with a women's health physio as soon as you possibly can to try to stop it getting worse.

• Advertisement

It sounds very much like SPD. God love you as it's very painful.

I suffered from it a lot on my last baby and it's back again now but nowhere near as bad yet. I highly recommend you book in with a women's health physio as soon as you possibly can to try to stop it getting worse.

Feck. I have a good physio from the foot so I’ll buzz him for a recommendation so. I feel like I’m 80, sort of get stuck half way when getting up coz it hurts!

Feck. I have a good physio from the foot so I’ll buzz him for a recommendation so. I feel like I’m 80, sort of get stuck half way when getting up coz it hurts!

Yeah it's tough going alright. The more you do, the worse it gets. Lots of rest is required really.

Just make sure you see a specific women's health physio though as it's kind of a niche thing for a general physio to manage.

There are some lifestyle changes you can make to help too. Avoiding stairs when at all possible, and always try to keep your knees together when getting out of the car or out of bed. Does turning over in bed hurt? Try sleeping in silk pyjamas, and rolling under rather than rolling over. There's also a thing called a Snoozle you can sleep on - basically a silky sheet which makes turning less painful. Similarly, sitting on a plastic bag in the car so you can swivel round with your knees together.

Sleeping with a pillow between your legs to keep the pelvis aligned is a big thing. Avoid any activity where you have to squat- tying children's laces, putting washing into the machine. Put your knickers and trousers and socks and shoes on while sitting down, rather than standing on one leg. Try to avoid lifting things where possible. And wear good shoes with proper support rather than pumps and flip flops. Don't be going for long walks, and try to take it as easy as possible.

Doing plenty of pelvic floor exercises and pelvic tilts is good. And trying to engage your lower abdominal muscles as much as possible.

Greenttc is also very experienced in the SPD department so she might have more advice!

I have something similar but just when standing up. Hopefully it stays like that. I was putting it down to my tights being too tight.

I can’t walk more than a couple hundred metres without bum cramps though.

Just done with physio class, found it really useful and got a support belt too. Tons of advice, most of what was given here and some. Happy with that. If no improvement in 3 weeks or so then ring back for a one to one.

Though bean bags in the physio room were suuuuuuper uncomfortable and one exercise in particular I will definitely not be doing again as it hurt like a mofo

Jesus. It’s been 1hr 45 minutes since I finished a blood pressure series which was perfect. I’m still waiting for a doc to review. I’m seriously considering just walking out. Literally all they need to do is give verbal phone approval. This is mental

• Advertisement

You have my sympathies if it is mirrorwall, definitely sounds like spd.i agree with all the advice caitriona gave you, especially the snoozle amd plastic bag tips! Defo get to a physio soon, i said it before but if you still have it after a few sessions ask about internal physio, sounds horrific and embarassing but it was so so so worth it for me, i struggled to get out of the car in the physio car park and could have cartwheeled into the car after the internal session the improvement was unbelievable!

Kylith i get pain when standing, its like my tummy muscles in the bottom of my tummy tighten up and get really uncomfortable but i think the tell tale sign with spd is a pain when standing on one leg or when you have to seperate your legs like getting out of cars or turning in bed.

Mirrorwall do look after yourself asap, dont just out up with it cause it wont improve on its own.

The physio thinks SPD. I’ll be getting on top of it ASAP for sure. Learnt last summer with the foot that putting things off does not help.

Had a horrendous dose of what seems to have been Braxton Hicks plus SPD on the way home from the Coombe, hurt like hell so much so the husband collected me half way home.

Rest and fluids and it’s all eased off again but that was not fun and freaked the OH out a bit too. Lesson to self to take it easy and look after myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭lunamoon

The physio thinks SPD. I’ll be getting on top of it ASAP for sure. Learnt last summer with the foot that putting things off does not help.

Had a horrendous dose of what seems to have been Braxton Hicks plus SPD on the way home from the Coombe, hurt like hell so much so the husband collected me half way home.

Rest and fluids and it’s all eased off again but that was not fun and freaked the OH out a bit too. Lesson to self to take it easy and look after myself

You're really having an awful time of it :( hope thinks start picking up for you

lunamoon wrote: »
    You're really having an awful time of it :( hope thinks start picking up for you

Yeah this week has been fun :eek::rolleyes:

Could be worse, I could be trying to organise sick leave. At least its the summer. 3 year old is in summer camp next week so that'll give me some down time too.

I just want to make it to London. Monday week. And obviously everything with the baby to be fine. But right now everything is A ok with bubs, its just me thats a bit of a crock lol!

And to think we still have more than three months to go... !

I shouldn't complain- so far my SPD isn't as bad as last time, and neither is the insomnia or heartburn. Sickness was horrific this time but eased at 15 weeks as opposed to 22 last time.

Exhaustion is so much worse this time though! Plus I've been up the last two nights with a sick baby. Last night he only slept 8-11 and 6-7.30. Kept the whole street awake. So I've had two hours sleep. Just a wee reminder of how I'm going to be feeling in another few months with a newborn!

And to think we still have more than three months to go... !

I shouldn't complain- so far my SPD isn't as bad as last time, and neither is the insomnia or heartburn. Sickness was horrific this time but eased at 15 weeks as opposed to 22 last time.

Exhaustion is so much worse this time though! Plus I've been up the last two nights with a sick baby. Last night he only slept 8-11 and 6-7.30. Kept the whole street awake. So I've had two hours sleep. Just a wee reminder of how I'm going to be feeling in another few months with a newborn!

I’m very much of the ‘feel free to complain’ when needed brigade. We all feel sore or tired or grumpy and bottling doesn’t really help much. My mum always says it’s not a competition, all levels of SPD, insomnia and heartburn qualify for a moan!

Lack of sleep is seriously hard Catrionac God love you. And when they are sick it’s twice as tough, look after yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭clacla82

Hi everyone, just a question - did anyone get their pertussis vaccination yet? I had it Wednesday morning, my arm is still reaaally sore, and my SIL told me it lasted with her for a few weeks!

Not had it yet but I remember it being sore for ages last time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭lunamoon

I had it and it was tender to touch for a day but grand after that.

Getting it next week. I remember a big hot bump from it for a few days!

• Advertisement

Getting it in another week, got it last time but can't really remember how it was afterwards, must not have bothered me too much. I know it can defo give sore arms for a while though or local pain, all normally apparently

I'm on a full scale mission this morning after yesterdays scary pain. Made the OH help me get down the three massive boxes of clothes in the attic. Unfortunately I had sorted them putting them away but the vacuum bag ripped when we moved house so it got dropped messily into two boxes

First wash is on. Full sort done. Plenty of everything which is great. Newborn being bagged up for the hospital and 0-3 being shelved ready to go. Boxed up the 3-6 and onwards ready for taking down in order. Feeling very productive! Almost 26 weeks now. Its odd to be so near yet so far if you get me. Like October feels miles away in some ways but then I'm in a facebook group for September/October babies and there's 6 born already and doing great in NICU!!

Oh and girls, plastic bag on the car seat is AMAZING! Such a simple trick. Its so good I've just ordered a silk fitted sheet to see if that helps rolling in bed. Physio seems to be helping already I'm not getting the shooting pains as much now I'm being super careful to keep knees parallel

Wow mirrorwall that is impressive! And glad to hear your little adjustments are helping with the pain.

I just can't face the thought of locating and sorting and washing all the clothes. We have stuff split between our tiny attic, my parents house and my aunt's storage room so I don't even know where half the stuff is. And as for the hospital bag... Jesus. The thought makes me want to wail!

Supervalu are giving our free EUMom goodybags by the way. You just need the code.

Wow mirrorwall that is impressive! And glad to hear your little adjustments are helping with the pain.

I just can't face the thought of locating and sorting and washing all the clothes. We have stuff split between our tiny attic, my parents house and my aunt's storage room so I don't even know where half the stuff is. And as for the hospital bag... Jesus. The thought makes me want to wail!

Supervalu are giving our free EUMom goodybags by the way. You just need the code.

I keep meaning to get the goodybag and forgetting. Must do that this weekend.

To be fair, my sister gave me her spare clothes and clothes I leant her so that sort of got me started. Maybe ask you parents to have a root ?!

Fair play Mirrorwall14! Finished my summer course as of 2.30 today so am officially on my summer holidays and I'm determined to get the two spare rooms sorted over the next few weeks. We ordered a co-sleeper yesterday, they're reducer on Littlewoods if anyone else missed out when Boots had them on sale. Heading to Smyths tomorrow as they've 20% off all travel systems so will hopefully pick that up. Then all we want is a changing table and we will gradually pick up nappies, wiped, bibs, vests and babygros over next few weeks. October does feel far away but once I'm back in work in September it'll be full on, plus I'll be too uncomfortable to waffle around the shops the bigger I get lol :P

Oh p.s what's the vaccine mentioned earlier, is that the whooping cough one? Haven't gotten it yet but we can get it up to fairly late in pregnancy can't we?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Orange369

I am just back from my GP now and I got the whopping cough vaccination, she said worst thing will be a dead or sore arm! It's 25 euro you have to pay for that.. Next appointment is 2.5 weeks in the Coombe for glucose test and meeting the consultant, does anyone know how many blood tests are involved in the glucose test? I am not too keen on blood tests.. Our travel system arrived so feeling very real now! I haven't bought much clothes etc but we are painting the baby room this weekend too

Orange369 wrote: »
    Next appointment is 2.5 weeks in the Coombe for glucose test and meeting the consultant, does anyone know how many blood tests are involved in the glucose test?
    3 blood tests an hour apart, but they only take a second.

I had mine this morning, and it turns out I have GD. Kind of expecting it cos my dad’s family is riddled with diabetes and every woman on my mother’s side has GD.

I had the glucose challenge test too but its just one blood test an hour after drinking the sugary drink. If the results were bad in that you have the test that kylith described. Luckily i dont have GD, relieved cause despite the awkwardness of it i only found out that its not covered under the drugs payment scheme so is expensive!

• Advertisement

GD meds aren't covered by the DPS?! that's shambolic!

I didn't have a GD test last time and won't on this one either because apparently I don't meet criteria. If they knew how much chocolate I'm eating they may change their tune though!

Advertisement