Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

October 2018 Babies club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jodee08

threepeas wrote: »
    Thanks weatherrocks I sent it all off the old fashioned way. Was quite surprised when I got the text actually.
    Have just had a look in there to my account and it says my claim has been awarded so I'm guessing that that's it.
    Might be the same for you too jodee08
    Thanks three peas!
    I sent an email earlier & has a response saying I should hear in the next 2 weeks!
    Just applied for my MyGovId so hopefully when I get the code in the post I can check my application online!

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Feeling really good this evening for the first time in ages! Physically wrecked but I'm in a lovely positive mindframe. Starting back to work last week has been really tough but I love my job and we had a really good day today and my class are starting to settle. One of my students has Down syndrome and autism and it can be quite challenging to meet his needs, and today he was trying to lift up my top to find the baby, soooo cute! It would melt your heart! we had our last antenatal class yesterday and I'm feeling prepared and realistic, and overall like it really happening soon. I feel like all I've done is moan and whinge in this group so thought I'd share my momentary happiness lol!

Fair play Cash q! Being in the last few weeks of pregnancy is definitely helping me with positivity too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Jodee08 wrote:
    Fair play Cash q! Being in the last few weeks of pregnancy is definitely helping me with positivity too!

It really feels like the end is nigh! So happy, it's been a long year!

One of the ladies at my yoga class today shared her most amazing/inspiring struggle to conceive and even though I was in a great mood before the class (because I'd just had a nap lol), her story gave me some added perspective and she's so upbeat and positive, I'm really feeling grateful for how lucky we are!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Great that you're feeling so positive! Tonight and last night, my toddler woke crying at 2am and I've been awake ever since. The night before, I was up from 4am. So in three nights, I've managed a total of 10 hours sleep. Which is just wonderful.

Still more sleep than I'll be getting in six weeks times, though....

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭threepeas

Oh catrionanic you must be tired from that. Hopefully tonight will be better.

Cash_q that's great long may the positive vibes last. Its good to know that we are nearly out the other side isn't it.

I started on the clary sage baths although I hate baths so can't say how many of them I will end up having. I'm also eating the raspberry leaf capsules. Hmm what else to get this baby moving! I tried all the old wives tales last time and there was no budge.

Ah girls, what a day. I've mainly spent it stressed and crying. I'm really not a crier so it's unusual for me - I haven't cried once all pregnancy and now the tears won't stop. I'm just so stressed (so many life events and problems have arose one after the other this pregnancy), and I can't sleep and can't nap as a result because I can't shut my brain off.

Also super worried about labour, and even more worried about managing a newborn and a toddler. And then moving house when baby is only a few weeks old. Where we will be moving to is anyone's guess as we keep getting outbid on properties. But we've to be out of our own place by 3rd December.

I'm so tired!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Oh catrionac I’m sorry, that’s super stressful. If it’s any consolation you are not alone in having a weepy day. I took up something wrong earlier and cried for an hour solid. Husband was lovely but I think he thought I was a bit nuts

Oh catrionanic ad mirrorwall14 that's awful. Cry and let it out and then be kind to yourself no doing anything that can wait until tomorrow.
    Take away and feet up as much as u can.

I had one of those days on Monday. And today I feel much better. Cut yourself some slack. Usually for me it stems from the house not be to the standards I like. And it still isn't but what is the worst that's going to happen. We are trying to declutter at the moment we just have too much stuff. I can't imagine the stress of trying to move houses. Hopefully something ye love will come up soon

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Orange369

I also cried after work today! Its just getting too much, management not backing off on my workload at all, I am very tempted to get signed off next week girls ill be 35 weeks next week.. How much longer do yous reckon you can last :( I am totally wrecked. Sitting on sofa now thank God with feet up and dominos on the way to cheer me up

Orange369 wrote: »
    I also cried after work today! Its just getting too much, management not backing off on my workload at all, I am very tempted to get signed off next week girls ill be 35 weeks next week.. How much longer do yous reckon you can last :( I am totally wrecked. Sitting on sofa now thank God with feet up and dominos on the way to cheer me up

Ah I hope the Dominos does the trick! All that's missing there is a nice glass of wine.

I think you'll know yourself when your time is up. I only work 2-3 days a week, but it's a very busy job with lots of twisting/leaning/stretching so I'm finding it tough. I'm also very nauseous a lot and have had to run out of meetings to throw up lately.

My plan is to go to my GP in the middle of next week for a cert. I'll be 35 weeks. My back and pelvis are sore as it is, and all the movement in my job is very painful. I'm walking like a granny by lunchtime.

• Advertisement

Awh sorry Orange369! I got signed off this Monday at 34+1. I was definitely done, hip and back pain was rotten. At least I’m semi functioning at home now as opposed to crippled getting home from school and cramping from over doing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

100% ye should get signed off, this is a very unique time and you will never take sick leave like this again, unless for other babies, so just do it, you are completely protected by law. I can't imagine doing a tap of work at the mo, completely beyond my capabilities right now! I talked about the associated guilt a few pages back and I know that is what is probably keeping half of you from getting signed off but as we said, you can be easily replaced now matter how vital your job appears to you right now!

My tummy is so so hard today and the pressure in my pelvis is very strong, almost feels like I am constipated without the actual need to go! Uncomfortable and I think my pelvis is definitely under a lot of stress because of it!

Was in for an appointment and they said baby is head down but not engaged so won't be expecting a baby this week anyway! Might have to get iron injections as iron is quite low, my own fault really asi couldn't keep up with the galfer taking regimine, the side effects were too bad!

I definitely had a big crying day about two weeks ago, just couldn't stop the tears over nothing really! Was just feeling sorry for myself!

Less than four weeks to go now, I am strangely feeling less nervous about the two under two thing as time goes on, just looking forward to having a tiny wee baby to cuddle again!

Greenttc, I've read so many times that on second and subsequent pregnancies, the head often doesn't engage at all until you're in labour. Apparently it's quite different from the first pregnancy when the head engages earlier. So I wouldn't read too much in to that comment!

I'm fully expecting to go overdue again this time. I was a miserable sod when I went over last time, but I'm so scared of labour and managing toddler and newborn now that I think i might actually not be too bothered!

Greenttc, I've read so many times that on second and subsequent pregnancies, the head often doesn't engage at all until you're in labour. Apparently it's quite different from the first pregnancy when the head engages earlier. So I wouldn't read too much in to that comment!

I'm fully expecting to go overdue again this time. I was a miserable sod when I went over last time, but I'm so scared of labour and managing toddler and newborn now that I think i might actually not be too bothered!

The head currently feels like it is engaged in my bladder to be honest!! It's like my bladder is being squeezed to nothing! Not good!

Yeah I don't really mind about going over, didn't last time either, whenever the baby wants to come put is fine with me!

Is anyone else seeing stars more frequently? I forgot to mention it at my appointment yesterday. My BP was fine at it though. I used to get them the rare time when I’d stand up to fast but this evening I got it literally sitting in one spot on the couch. I’ve had them three or four times since last weekend I’d say

Is anyone else seeing stars more frequently? I forgot to mention it at my appointment yesterday. My BP was fine at it though. I used to get them the rare time when I’d stand up to fast but this evening I got it literally sitting in one spot on the couch. I’ve had them three or four times since last weekend I’d say

I get this anyway and it's very long standing. Not sure of the cause. But it has increased in frequency in the last few weeks for me too.

My BP is generally a little on the low side, and is lower still in pregnancy, so I figure that's why.

Aw girls, sorry to hear so many are having a tough time :( I was miserable for weeks on end during the summer, really weepy on Sunday for no reason and really clingy to hubby which is not like me. I think its having had two good days in work that has me upbeat, I really thought I would need to be signed off early on Monday/Tuesday but thankfully got lots of rest yesterday hence my positivity!

I don't know how all of you are managing with your toddlers, sincere respect! I haven't cooked in months, we eat so much take away or it's eggs on toast/beans on toast/oven chips on bread/frozen pizza...can't stomach anything else! We share the housework pretty evenly but I really don't know how any of you can run around after a little person!

For anyone struggling to sleep, I use meditations on YouTube and find them great, even if I don't sleep, the rest is good. Look up Jason Stephenson guided meditation and there are loads, he's great in my experience. I find the meditation distracts my mind from overthinking and suddenly I've slept for an hour or two.

Catrionanic I just wish I could give you a big hug and say it'll all work out, because it will. Tell your other half how you're feeling, or contact the mental health team in your hospital. You are about to go through one of life's most stressful experiences by moving house, this coinciding with the birth of your second baby is a lot to take, seek support before things all come to a head x

Awh sorry Orange369! I got signed off this Monday at 34+1. I was definitely done, hip and back pain was rotten. At least I’m semi functioning at home now as opposed to crippled getting home from school and cramping from over doing it

Aww thank you! I am on annual leave today I just couldn't face the 5 days this week. I will go in Monday and see how it is, defo won't b able to do a full week next week. I am due back in the hospital 18th of Sept for my 36 weeks app so 100% that will be the latest I will last in work until! I have a wedding Sat the 15th and its a work friend and others from work will be there so thats why I am reluctant to get signed off as it would look awful being off sick and going to a wedding.. I feel it will be a massive relief when I am finally finished work though :)

Oh my god, I am So uncomfortable the past two days and nights. Foot cramps almost every half hour, my pelvis is in a bad way and my tummy is so huge and tight, I get these bouts of very painful tightness on my tummy too at the very top near my ribs, it's horrendous, is this braxton hicks I wonder or what is it? Didn't have any of this the last time. Oh and my hips are killing me too when I lie down for too long but sitting is so uncomfortable too, I don't know what position to be in. Can I last another three weeks at least like this? Torture!! Just want a nice full night's uninterrupted sleep, no chance!

Rant over.....

• Advertisement

Ah you poor thing. You sound like me on my first pregnancy (the good gods of SPD have let me off much more lightly this time), although I do have the sore hips and also sore sitting bones in my bum so sitting hurts too! The less I do, the less it tends to hurt though. Can you get someone to take your little boy for you some of the time to take the load off?

I find the magnesium spray amazing for cramp. Spray it on before bed to stop them happening, or if you are still cramping then spraying it straight on will ease the pain almost instantly.

My sleep is appalling at the moment but mainly because I can't stop stressing about absolutely every tiny detail of our lives. I'm generally waking around 2 for my second toilet trip of the night, and then am completely unable to get back to sleep until 6 or 7... by which time the toddler is up.

But on the plus side, we have found a house and just gone sale agreed on it. So while there's still plenty of be worrying about, at least we are a little less likely to be homeless by december!

Yeah I tried the magnesium spray after you wrote about it here and it has no effect whatsoever on me, the powder worked I think but had bad side effects for me (a whole other story related to preexisting conditions) so magnesium is out!

The spd pain is not consistent at all so wondering I it related to position of the baby at different times so don't think physio will help.

The tight painful tummy just scares me! It's like labour in the wrong area!

So good to hear you have gone sale agreed on anew House caitriona, you won't know yourself when you get into it, I know you were always battling with space in your current house.

But on the plus side, we have found a house and just gone sale agreed on it. So while there's still plenty of be worrying about, at least we are a little less likely to be homeless by december!

Amazing news Catrionanic!!!! Woohoo hope it all goes through quickly for you all :)

My sleep is appalling at the moment but mainly because I can't stop stressing about absolutely every tiny detail of our lives. I'm generally waking around 2 for my second toilet trip of the night, and then am completely unable to get back to sleep until 6 or 7... by which time the toddler is up.

Fantastic news on the house Catriona! Hopefully your sleep will improve with that one less worry!

Fantastic news about the house Catrionanic one less thing to worry about.

I spent the whole weekend crying. I don't know how my husband put up with me.
    I bought a few more bits for the baby too baby gros and a lovely sleeping bag and a ewan the sheep. Has anyone used them?

Looking forward to next appointment this week to see how big this little man is. No closer to finding a name. We need to focus now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 WeatherRocks

greenttc wrote: »
    Oh my god, I am So uncomfortable the past two days and nights. Foot cramps almost every half hour, my pelvis is in a bad way and my tummy is so huge and tight, I get these bouts of very painful tightness on my tummy too at the very top near my ribs, it's horrendous, is this braxton hicks I wonder or what is it? Didn't have any of this the last time. Oh and my hips are killing me too when I lie down for too long but sitting is so uncomfortable too, I don't know what position to be in. Can I last another three weeks at least like this? Torture!! Just want a nice full night's uninterrupted sleep, no chance!

Rant over.....

Im literally the exact same! Don’t remember this from last time and 4 weeks to due date. I keep thinking I’m going to go much earlier because my tummy keeps going so tight! The leg cramps have just started and serious hip pain. By the way I’ve heard Mejool dates help to soften the cervix, as well as sperm ;-)

• Advertisement

Congrats Catrionanic, fingers crossed all goes well!!

And ditto girls, I'm the same. I literally couldn't bend over to pick up a roll of toilet paper today until what I assume was a braxton hicks eased off. We went out for breakfast this morning and by the time we were coming home I was cramping and could barely walk. Feck sake, 5 more weeks of this??!

threepeas wrote:
    I spent the whole weekend crying. I don't know how my husband put up with me

This was me last Sunday morning. Husband looking at me with no idea what to do or say. Miserable, and then suddenly on Wednesday I turned a corner and have been feeling pretty good since. Mind yourself and sleep as much as you can.

I keep thinking I’m going to go much earlier because my tummy keeps going so tight!

By the way I’ve heard Mejool dates help to soften the cervix, as well as sperm ;-)

I keep thinking I'll go earlier because the baby just feels so gigantic in there and I'm nesting/cleaning like mad and just generally feel ready. In all reality I will go 10 days over due date for sure.

As for the sperm, not a hope of getting any near me! the fecking size of me I can barely waddle to the toilet, no energy or enthusiasm for that kind of fun lol. Midwife at antenatal class said it contains hormones that stimulate/encourage labour though so by all means give it a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Jutton

Same boat here ladies, Im ftm, can't understand how ye guys cope with other kids. I've settled this weekend to only doing very basic chores, everything else can wait until my maternity leave starts in 3 weeks, I simply just have no energy and it's too pain full to bend over picking things up etc.
    Is anyone else frustrated with the care they are getting. I finally got d go ahead this week after disputing with doc to be allowed into MLU in drogheda, delighted!!! but now I'm super late trying to organise antenatal classes.
    I've heard hospital classes are not very good so I booked us into gentle birthing class instead, got great feed back from my brother, he says it was brilliant from partners point of view. Is anyone else doing gentle /hypno birthing?
    I have new session of pregnancy yoga starting tomorrow, pregnancy reflexology on Tuesday, scan on Thursday and first mlu appointment Friday and my best friend is home from England so get to have loads of girlie catch ups. Husband is away for a week so glad I will be busy in a way.
    Anyone any good baby name books/apps. We are seriously struggling to come up with names we both like.

Jutton wrote:
    I've heard hospital classes are not very good so I booked us into gentle birthing class instead, got great feed back from my brother, he says it was brilliant from partners point of view. Is anyone else doing gentle /hypno birthing?

I attended the 5 antenatal classes at the coombe and 3 physio classes there too and found them all excellent. Not sure if you mean your specific hospitals classes aren't great but if I were you I'd try to attend them anyway, any info is great. I learned so much, and feel I got a great sense of the approach of all staff towards active birth, natural pain relief etc, they were all singing off the same hymn sheet which gave me a lot of reassurance .

I did a two hour hypnobirthing/yoga class which was great, not much substance to it but every 15 minutes was spent in relaxation positions while repeating mantras, which was really reassuring. I have the gentlebirth CD tracks but find the woman's voice a bit annoying and the tracks are way too short.

I do pregnancy yoga once per week and it's the best thing I've done altogether. The active birthing and relaxation positions, as well as the breathing techniques and mantras have been great and I feel they'll really help me in labour

• Advertisement

I did antental classes and the physio classes in the coombe on my first and they were excellent. This time I'm doing the gentlebirthing app tracks myself. I do have to agree with cash_q that some of the tracks are crazy short and it really annoys me that I can't line them up to play one after the other.

I think I'm going to start reflexology. I did one session back in June and it was lovely. Even if its a placebo so long as I feel good after I'm happy!

I have done precisely nothing to prepare! Still in denial mode and trying not to think about it. However I've a refresher antenatal class on Wednesday for STMs in Holles St and I'm hoping I'll wake up and smell the coffee a bit then.

Terrified!

I have done precisely nothing to prepare! Still in denial mode and trying not to think about it. However I've a refresher antenatal class on Wednesday for STMs in Holles St and I'm hoping I'll wake up and smell the coffee a bit then.

Terrified!

I have done nothing to prepare for the birth either apart from pack the hospital bag. I did a 2 hour ante natal class with my first. That was it. Not doing any this time. I'm trying not to think about it really.

Awful awful nights sleep last night. Horrible heartburn and vomiting and still feel sick today. I wonder is it a bug rather than the usual pregnancy sickness I've been getting coz I don't even feel relieved after getting sick.

It's great to be off anyway and on the home stretch. Baby was absolutely battering me this morning I was just waiting to hear a rib cracking if that's even possible. Feet must be up there under the rib cage. I thought with the few bounces off the ribs that it might spur things on down the other end but no such luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Panda18

Just out of my 37 week checkup, head is engaged and ready to go which is exciting! I understand it could be weeks yet but it’s nice to know I’m nearly there now :)
    New symptoms this week...breathlessness and super sharp groin pains... yay!

How’s everyone doing? Congrats on the house catrionanic!

Jutton I’m in MLU in Drogheda too! We went to the day long antenatal class, the morning was very interesting and dealt with labour and delivery the afternoon was all about feeding and looking after the baby when you are home. It was all stuff I kinda knew already but it was great for my husband to hear it all.

Panda18 wrote: »
    Just out of my 37 week checkup, head is engaged and ready to go which is exciting! I understand it could be weeks yet but it’s nice to know I’m nearly there now :)

Jutton I’m in MLU in Drogheda too! We went to the day long antenatal class, the morning was very interesting and dealt with labour and delivery the afternoon was all about feeding and looking after the baby when you are home. It was all stuff I kinda knew already but it was great for my husband to hear it all.

Ah that's great news! I am 35 weeks this week so not due back in hospital for a check until next week. Girls I think I have reached my limit in work :( really struggling now today, I reckon I will go to the doc tomorrow and get signed off. Feeling guilty about it but its just too painful on the back swollen feet headaches and not sleeping I need to rest now I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Panda18

Ah that's great news! I am 35 weeks this week so not due back in hospital for a check until next week. Girls I think I have reached my limit in work :( really struggling now today, I reckon I will go to the doc tomorrow and get signed off. Feeling guilty about it but its just too painful on the back swollen feet headaches and not sleeping I need to rest now I reckon

You should defo get signed off if you can, I finished up the middle of last week and I feel so much better, the lack of sleep and sore back was really getting to me and now I’m able to take a nap if needed during the day and it’s made the day to day things just easier in general

Jesus I was just coming in to post the exact same thing. I am in work today and am in so much pain. I'm not sure I'll even last til 5.30. It's unreal. Definitely going to GP tomorrow to get for a sick note.

Pregnancy insomnia has been unreal for the last week or so too. A good night is 5 hours, with multiple wakeups in the midst of those 5 hours. A bad night is 2-3 hours, and again it's not even 2-3 hours straight.

35 weeks tomorrow. Ughhhhhhh.

Jesus I was just coming in to post the exact same thing. I am in work today and am in so much pain. I'm not sure I'll even last til 5.30. It's unreal. Definitely going to GP tomorrow to get for a sick note.

Pregnancy insomnia has been unreal for the last week or so too. A good night is 5 hours, with multiple wakeups in the midst of those 5 hours. A bad night is 2-3 hours, and again it's not even 2-3 hours straight.

35 weeks tomorrow. Ughhhhhhh.

Thank God its not just me! I will be 35 weeks Wednesday myself, its awful feeling so responsible in work but my body is telling me today enough is enough. I am due to finish at 4.15pm as I start at 8am. I reckon I will have to phone in sick tomorrow and go to the doc then for a note, the nurse basically told me say the word and they will sign me off when I am ready, I wonder will it be weekly notes we need until the maternity leave starts officially?

You should defo get signed off if you can, I finished up the middle of last week and I feel so much better, the lack of sleep and sore back was really getting to me and now I’m able to take a nap if needed during the day and it’s made the day to day things just easier in general

Thanks a mill, sounds fab being able to nap during the day too! Are you signed off until your maternity leave starts now or are you thinking you could go back?

Ladies I've been off a week (35+1 today) and honestly it was the best decision ever. Just managing the house is enough to set me off but at least i'm more mobile and a lot less exhausted. Cooking dinner gives me braxton hicks as does pretty much everything else so there's no way I could go back. On illness benefit certs and doc wrote one note for work signing me off until Maternity starts

• Advertisement

Ooooh so exciting knowing the baby is engaged and ready to go. Makes it very real.
    I know I get the odd sharp pain and while it's not pleasant I'm always hopeful. Ha ha.

Ladies I've been off a week (35+1 today) and honestly it was the best decision ever. Just managing the house is enough to set me off but at least i'm more mobile and a lot less exhausted. Cooking dinner gives me braxton hicks as does pretty much everything else so there's no way I could go back. On illness benefit certs and doc wrote one note for work signing me off until Maternity starts

Mirrorwall14 can you please explain to me how things work for us teachers? Had to leave work today and don't want to go back, might manage a day or two for a handover but don't want to face another minute in there if I can avoid it. If I get a sick note from the GP do I need to get one every week to bring to social welfare? Or do we just get paid as normal if principal marks me as certified sick? Do I need to go near social welfare? If I do am I only paid a social welfare payment or does the Dept top it up?

I was so happy to be there last week but not anymore. Can't handle it.

Mirrorwall14 can you please explain to me how things work for us teachers? Had to leave work today and don't want to go back, might manage a day or two for a handover but don't want to face another minute in there if I can avoid it. If I get a sick note from the GP do I need to get one every week to bring to social welfare? Or do we just get paid as normal if principal marks me as certified sick? Do I need to go near social welfare? If I do am I only paid a social welfare payment or does the Dept top it up?

I was so happy to be there last week but not anymore. Can't handle it.

I'min an ETB so for me I needed a normal standalone cert (which I had to pay for) to provide to the school/ETB. GP just wrote it as pregnancy related illness from the date of start to the day before my maternity leave.

I was told by the ETB I have to have the illness benefit paid to me and they'll reduce my pay accordingly so I also get the social welfare certs every Monday until the week before maternity and in my case I just walk them from the docs surgery to social welfare (they can also be posted either)

I flipped on a pin with school myself. Once I realised both the GP and physio were saying stop I realised I was being silly and needed to call a halt. Heck this week even cooking dinner is giving me massive braxton hicks and hip pain so there's no way i'd be managing the classroom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Could anyone in the Coombe give me an idea of how long it takes them to get back to you about classes? I sent in an application form a couple of weeks ago and I'm still waiting to hear back.

kylith wrote: »
    Could anyone in the Coombe give me an idea of how long it takes them to get back to you about classes? I sent in an application form a couple of weeks ago and I'm still waiting to hear back.

I booked the refresher and hypnobirthing back in April. Hypnobirthing was already gone for my dates then. A lady called Ceire emailed me about the refresher. I don’t think it took that long to get back to me although in the end I was unable to attend as it clashed with an ENT appointment I had been waiting for four months for

kylith wrote: »

I would give them a call as they got back to me by email within a couple of days to confirm classes, all mine are finished now I did the 6 classes and 3 physio ones all very beneficial I found except the breastfeeding workshop!

Has anyone got confirmation on their maternity benefit yet? I got the text to confirm forms received but no updates since then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I'll give them a shout tomorrow so. It's really the BF one I'm most interested in, I'd like to be able to express and store some colostrum for them to use just in case.

Well thats me signed off now girls.. Went to the doctor this morning and got quiet upset, she just took one look at me and was like oh yeah you have had enough now and you just need to rest! Feeling a massive relief and also mixed with guilt and dread to have to contact work now and tell them I wont be back. She just gave me one note from now until maternity leave is starting and also a full and final cert forms for the social welfare so its very handy I dont need weekly just one note and one social welfare form. Good luck to anyone else getting signed off the doctor was very understanding

Orange369 wrote:
    Well thats me signed off now girls.. Went to the doctor this morning and got quiet upset, she just took one look at me and was like oh yeah you have had enough now and you just need to rest! Feeling a massive relief and also mixed with guilt and dread to have to contact work now and tell them I wont be back. She just gave me one note from now until maternity leave is starting and also a full and final cert forms for the social welfare so its very handy I dont need weekly just one note and one social welfare form. Good luck to anyone else getting signed off the doctor was very understanding

That's great! I had an endocrinologist appt this morning and was crying with the midwife at 8.30 , just exhausted and pissed off. She was so lovely. If I'm feeling ok tomorrow I'll go to work but not putting myself under any pressure. I have a midwife appt at the midwife clinic on Friday, presume they can't sign me off? And gp can hardly sign me off in advance of an appointment on Monday can they? Ideally I'd like to finish up on Friday, just don't know how to go about it with letting work know beforehand by being there on the Friday and then not coming in on Monday and then not coming back ...I'm probably overthinking things?!

• Advertisement

That's great! I had an endocrinologist appt this morning and was crying with the midwife at 8.30 , just exhausted and pissed off. She was so lovely. If I'm feeling ok tomorrow I'll go to work but not putting myself under any pressure. I have a midwife appt at the midwife clinic on Friday, presume they can't sign me off? And gp can hardly sign me off in advance of an appointment on Monday can they? Ideally I'd like to finish up on Friday, just don't know how to go about it with letting work know beforehand by being there on the Friday and then not coming in on Monday and then not coming back ...I'm probably overthinking things?!

Could you bring your GP appt forward? I'm not due with GP until next Wednesday but going this Wednesday instead, as I'm supposed to be working Saturday, Sunday, Monday and I'm just in too much pain. Need her to sign me off now!

Advertisement