Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

October 2018 Babies club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭audi02

Cash_Q wrote: »
    That's great! I had an endocrinologist appt this morning and was crying with the midwife at 8.30 , just exhausted and pissed off. She was so lovely. If I'm feeling ok tomorrow I'll go to work but not putting myself under any pressure. I have a midwife appt at the midwife clinic on Friday, presume they can't sign me off? And gp can hardly sign me off in advance of an appointment on Monday can they? Ideally I'd like to finish up on Friday, just don't know how to go about it with letting work know beforehand by being there on the Friday and then not coming in on Monday and then not coming back ...I'm probably overthinking things?!

Work wont mind they'll only be glad of the notice. I told my supervisor on a Friday that I wouldnt be coming back the following week as I'm suffering really bad from back problems....and that was six weeks ago....so to all you ladies that have stuck it out until now ye should not feel one bit of guilt and ye should be so proud of yereselves cos I donno how yeve done it. Our bodies are growin a human being, minding ourselves is top priority.

Edited to say I have yet to hear of a doctors that you cant just ring reception and ask for a cert for work when your pregnant. Just ask them to put pregnancy problems on it. You wont need to see the doctor for a cert. They understand what were going thru.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Could you bring your GP appt forward? I'm not due with GP until next Wednesday but going this Wednesday instead, as I'm supposed to be working Saturday, Sunday, Monday and I'm just in too much pain. Need her to sign me off now!

audi02 wrote:
    Edited to say I have yet to hear of a doctors that you cant just ring reception and ask for a cert for work when your pregnant. Just ask them to put pregnancy problems on it. You wont need to see the doctor for a cert. They understand what were going thru.

I don't have an appt with the GP for Monday but was going to make one for then, as if I go any earlier won't they sign me off from that date? Plus I am with midwife clinic on Fri so will be due for GP appt the following Friday as I'll be over 36w by then, and anyway I don't get seen by the GP but by the midwife at their practice, so surely she can't sign me off...plus she told me last week that I've had an easy pregnancy ffs...easy for who?! Anyway I don't want to have to wait til 21st to be signed off.

Will try calling the GP reception for sick cert and see what they say.. like what am I asking them? Sorry girls I'm stressing out here I can't think straight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Has anyone had a strep B swab taken? I know they're not routinely offered here but my old GP did one on request for me last time at around this stage. Going to ask for one tomorrow but nervous the new GP won't do it.

I don't have an appt with the GP for Monday but was going to make one for then, as if I go any earlier won't they sign me off from that date? Plus I am with midwife clinic on Fri so will be due for GP appt the following Friday as I'll be over 36w by then, and anyway I don't get seen by the GP but by the midwife at their practice, so surely she can't sign me off...plus she told me last week that I've had an easy pregnancy ffs...easy for who?! Anyway I don't want to have to wait til 21st to be signed off.

Will try calling the GP reception for sick cert and see what they say.. like what am I asking them? Sorry girls I'm stressing out here I can't think straight

Do not stress trust me they wont even question it. Just say Hi I need to get a sick cert for work please saying pregnancy problems from whatever date and that you also need the first social form for the sick pay if youre going claiming. Do not stress there will not be an issue.

audi02 wrote:
    Do not stress trust me they wont even question it. Just say Hi I need to get a sick cert for work please saying pregnancy problems from whatever date and that you also need the first social form for the sick pay if youre going claiming. Do not stress there will not be an issue.

What is the social form? I've never been off sick before so really I have no idea how it works do I need a form for every week? Will the receptionist give me a cert for the remainder? Or will I have to keep asking for it? Am I going to be on reduced wages? I hate all this stuff I'd nearly just go to work but I can't face it. Even since my post ten minutes ago I am changing my mind about the next few days, can't face it the thoughts of going in there have me so stressed

• Advertisement

What is the social form? I've never been off sick before so really I have no idea how it works do I need a form for every week? Will the receptionist give me a cert for the remainder? Or will I have to keep asking for it? Am I going to be on reduced wages? I hate all this stuff I'd nearly just go to work but I can't face it. Even since my post ten minutes ago I am changing my mind about the next few days, can't face it the thoughts of going in there have me so stressed

My doctor has me signed off now until my maternity is due to start on the 7th of October. It shouldnt be a problem to get one work cert from now until your maternity start date. The social form has to be filled in weekly as far as I know so just ask the receptionist will you ring every week to order it or will they know to have it done up. With regards wages my job makes up the rest of my wage.. you will need to ask your employer what their policy is. Dont stress yourself its not worth it you need to mind yourself.

Ok thanks so much

Ok thanks so much

No problem let us know how you get on x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

That's great! I had an endocrinologist appt this morning and was crying with the midwife at 8.30 , just exhausted and pissed off. She was so lovely. If I'm feeling ok tomorrow I'll go to work but not putting myself under any pressure. I have a midwife appt at the midwife clinic on Friday, presume they can't sign me off? And gp can hardly sign me off in advance of an appointment on Monday can they? Ideally I'd like to finish up on Friday, just don't know how to go about it with letting work know beforehand by being there on the Friday and then not coming in on Monday and then not coming back ...I'm probably overthinking things?!

Go easy on yourself. You are overthinking things. I remember on my first, ringing my principal telling him at 7am on a mon morning that my waters had broke and I was on my way to hosp. I was 34 weeks! And I was replaced no bother, and there was no handover and life went on. I had more to be worrying about at the time. This time I’m taking no chances. Got signed off for return of school. No point being at work stressed to the eyeballs. Who benefits? Not you, not your baby, nor the pupils. You are replaceable at work. Look after yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Orange369

audi02 wrote:

Dont worry, I felt the exact same like I have been having sleepless nights for ages deciding if I should or shouldnt get signed off. The midwife couldnt sign me off I had to go see the GP and she charged me 25 euro for the cert to cover from today until 5th of Oct.. She also gave me the social welfare forms dont worry the receptionist at the docs will explain all this to you they are well used it to. Basically its similar details to the maternity benefit form, you fill it in and send it off. My job pay full pay minus SW which is 38 euro per day and they SW give you the difference so if your job is similar you should end up with the same money but just coming from ur job and SW. Ask for the full and final cert as its easier than weekly ones for example all mine says in unfit to attend work from 11-09 until 05-10 due to pregnancy related issues.. my maternity is starting the 8th of Oct then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭threepeas

Has anyone had a strep B swab taken? I know they're not routinely offered here but my old GP did one on request for me last time at around this stage. Going to ask for one tomorrow but nervous the new GP won't do it.

I got one done on this pregnancy. Think you can order them online anyway and send it off if your go won't do it.
    Didnt have it done on previous pregnancies I don't think they test it as standard.

Sorry I haven't Been on social sick leave so no idea what way it works.

Thanks for all the advice girls, got a GP appt for Thursday and told work I'm staying off til then. I'll ask to be signed off from today til maternity leave starts. Thankfully a colleague has been covering for me today and yesterday and I'm hoping I can pop in on Friday afternoon to do a quick handover and say goodbye to the kids. They'll manage without a handover but due to the nature of our school it will be better all round to have some kind of handover for behaviours, reward systems and student groupings. Feel so much better just knowing I'm not teaching again or setting alarms.

Thanks for all the advice girls, got a GP appt for Thursday and told work I'm staying off til then. I'll ask to be signed off from today til maternity leave starts. Thankfully a colleague has been covering for me today and yesterday and I'm hoping I can pop in on Friday afternoon to do a quick handover and say goodbye to the kids. They'll manage without a handover but due to the nature of our school it will be better all round to have some kind of handover for behaviours, reward systems and student groupings. Feel so much better just knowing I'm not teaching again or setting alarms.

Awe it's a relief when you do finish up. Time for some feet up and naps in a few weeks it will be busy busy for different reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

You are a teacher right? You are entitled to full pay on sick leave up to 92 days in any one year and 183 in any four year rolling period. If you haven't been sick before you have loads of full pay sick leave. I know in the ETB I have to have illness paid from social welfare to me, then ETB top up to my salary (this just changed this summer) so you might need to check with the department how they are operating it now.

Calling it is hard in teaching, I know I'd have found it more difficult if I hadn't known that the girl taking my exam classes is excellent and that they'd be in good hands with better continuity than me struggling to be there. Enjoy the break now and relax!

Oh as an aside. First pregnancy 35 week appointment, shipped to the coombe for a high BP read. Diagnosed hypertension, medication and eventually induced at 40 weeks as they didn't want to let me over.

35 week appointment today? BP 142/98. FML!! The doc got it down on the third read by having me lie down but I was like WTF body do not betray me. I can't face three day a week NST's and BP series until term again. It was torture last time and with SPD I think I'd die from the bloody chairs in perinatal lol. Have to monitor at home and have a letter to bring with me if I need to go in between now and next Wednesday, or to give to the hospital if I make it to next Wednesday.

Luckily its down since I got home, now stay that way!!

You are a teacher right? You are entitled to full pay on sick leave up to 92 days in any one year and 183 in any four year rolling period. If you haven't been sick before you have loads of full pay sick leave. I know in the ETB I have to have illness paid from social welfare to me, then ETB top up to my salary (this just changed this summer) so you might need to check with the department how they are operating it now.

Yeah I'm a teacher, I'll ring the union tomorrow and see what I need to do. My principal can probably tell me either, I just don't want to ask until I am officially signed off.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

threepeas wrote: »
    I got one done on this pregnancy. Think you can order them online anyway and send it off if your go won't do it.
    Didnt have it done on previous pregnancies I don't think they test it as standard.

Sorry I haven't Been on social sick leave so no idea what way it works.

Will your hospital do it Caitriona?I don't know if they are keen on those send away tests, although I could be mixing it up with something else.I know Holles St and the Rotunda were running a trial of offering them in the last year, I don't know if they still are.I get treated for it because it was picked up randomly on a swab during an ED visit with bleeding on my first.

shesty wrote: »
    Will your hospital do it Caitriona?I don't know if they are keen on those send away tests, although I could be mixing it up with something else.I know Holles St and the Rotunda were running a trial of offering them in the last year, I don't know if they still are.I get treated for it because it was picked up randomly on a swab during an ED visit with bleeding on my first.

Just to be clear I didn't get the online ones, but I suppose they are better than nothing if you are really intent on having it done.

Oh as an aside. First pregnancy 35 week appointment, shipped to the coombe for a high BP read. Diagnosed hypertension, medication and eventually induced at 40 weeks as they didn't want to let me over.

35 week appointment today? BP 142/98. FML!! The doc got it down on the third read by having me lie down but I was like WTF body do not betray me. I can't face three day a week NST's and BP series until term again. It was torture last time and with SPD I think I'd die from the bloody chairs in perinatal lol. Have to monitor at home and have a letter to bring with me if I need to go in between now and next Wednesday, or to give to the hospital if I make it to next Wednesday.

Luckily its down since I got home, now stay that way!!

Oh mirrorwall hope the BP stays down now for you. I had a few high readings on my last pregnancy none so far this time thankfully.

Have a headache all day. Its very annoying. Really counting down to bed time now although who really knows why.
    I'm hoping my appointment Friday will be full of positive news along the lines of oh let's have this baby now 😂 not asking for much am I really.

threepeas wrote: »
    Oh mirrorwall hope the BP stays down now for you. I had a few high readings on my last pregnancy none so far this time thankfully.

Have a headache all day. Its very annoying. Really counting down to bed time now although who really knows why.
    I'm hoping my appointment Friday will be full of positive news along the lines of oh let's have this baby now �� not asking for much am I really.

Ha ha, thats so me. Oh only 35 weeks? I'm am so OVER this :D

• Advertisement

Ha ha, thats so me. Oh only 35 weeks? I'm am so OVER this :D

I'm over 37 now but my babies take closer to 41 weeks to cook so not hopeful that anything will happen any time soon. Still I suppose really what's the rush.

I've just splurged on silver Breast Angel nipple cups. Feel like I've just indulged myself with a designer handbag or something. What has my life come to?!

Any STMs feeling a bit emotional about it being the last few weeks of just you and your wee one? I've just done bedtime and we had the loveliest cuddles and snuggles while I sang to him... and I just feel so sad that our special bond is about to change and his life is going to become so different. He's no longer going to have all of my attention. He's going to have to wait for things while I put the new baby first - during feeds or changes or bath time or whatever - and he didn't ask for this. He's going to have less time with his mammy and he's still only so wee (19 months). He still needs me so much, and he's going to lose out on lots of the things he has got used to.

Waaaahhhhh mammy guilt!!

I've just splurged on silver Breast Angel nipple cups. Feel like I've just indulged myself with a designer handbag or something. What has my life come to?!

Any STMs feeling a bit emotional about it being the last few weeks of just you and your wee one? I've just done bedtime and we had the loveliest cuddles and snuggles while I sang to him... and I just feel so sad that our special bond is about to change and his life is going to become so different. He's no longer going to have all of my attention. He's going to have to wait for things while I put the new baby first - during feeds or changes or bath time or whatever - and he didn't ask for this. He's going to have less time with his mammy and he's still only so wee (19 months). He still needs me so much, and he's going to lose out on lots of the things he has got used to.

Waaaahhhhh mammy guilt!!

Ah stop I'm feeling the same here the guilt is awful...spending every minute I can with him. But at the same time itll be a friend for life for him. Even though right now he has no idea there is a baby coming to this house soon. Poor little monkey.

Delighted you got sorted...now enjoy your time to yourself...its going so fast we soon wont have a minute to ourselves again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

Audio and caitriona, I am definitely the same with my wee man, he has started creche now, just morning times but I feel so guilty shipping him out every morning but it is better that he starts now rather than when ba y arrives, then he would definitely feel like i am Getting rid of him.

We are spending lots of time reading books and playing outside though so hopefully he is soaking it all in like I am!

Keep thinking through scenarios where I lavish attention on him rather than the baby. And then trying to imagine how he will meet this baby for the first time too.... I think I am thinking about it too much!

audi02 wrote: »
    Ah stop I'm feeling the same here the guilt is awful...spending every minute I can with him. But at the same time itll be a friend for life for him. Even though right now he has no idea there is a baby coming to this house soon. Poor little monkey.

When our second was born we rang our dd to let her know the news I couldn't even say the words out loud. It's just the mammy guilt. But you find your new normal.

I think I’m lucky mine is a little older. He’s asking for his new brother and when he’s coming and has given spontaneous hugs to my belly. I know we’ll very likely have jealousy but I’m a little excited that he won’t be an only child anymore. It’ll be different but hopefully good different

Our little maneen isnt even talking yet so he's too young to ring. I do explain it to him but he's too busy to take any heed of me ha ha. I have been babysitting babies an odd time the last few weeks and he hasnt batted an eyelid or showed one bit of jealously so I'm hoping it will be the same when we arrive home with the little one. I'm going to miss him terribly when I'm in the hospital though. And like that it will become our new normal and it will be great that he wont be an only child.

Girls does anyone need a steriliser.... Argos have a great deal on tommee tippee one. Catalogue number 555/9185

• Advertisement

I got my letter today from the social saying my mat benefit was approved.
    I was able to see anyway last week or the week before maybe on the online portal.
    All the days are warping into one now.

Another night of insomnia heartburn and vomiting and today I have a horrible stitch in my side. I've had to sneeze a few times so I hope it's not the start of a cold. Rant over.

threepeas wrote:
    Another night of insomnia heartburn and vomiting and today I have a horrible stitch in my side. I've had to sneeze a few times so I hope it's not the start of a cold. Rant over.

Smothering with a cold here it's crap.
    Are you taking anything for the heartburn? I'm on Gertac twice a day and find it great but may increase the dose again. The insomnia is hell. Our neighbours have been killing each other the past few nights and I'm like a zombie here with lack of sleep.

Are you taking anything for the heartburn? I'm on Gertac twice a day and find it great but may increase the dose again. The insomnia is hell. Our neighbours have been killing each other the past few nights and I'm like a zombie here with lack of sleep.

Just gaviscon. It wasn't terribly bad the last time I was at the doc but I don't know now if I could handle another 3 to 4 weeks of this if be literally on my knees with the tiredness. I'll see if they can give me something stronger this week.

Oh god that's annoying about the neighbours

I’m on omeprazole now since 32 weeks. 20mg once a day and seems to be holding it fairly steady. Although I do know if I’m late

Passed out for a two hour nap this morning, it was awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I finished work yesterday, hooray for saved-up holidays! I slept in today and now I'm doing some hoursework that I've been meaning to do but have been too exhausted for after work. I'm looking forward to getting physically and mentally prepared over the next 4 and a half weeks.

FOUR AND A HALF WEEKS! Oh, sweet Jesus....

kylith wrote: »
    I finished work yesterday, hooray for saved-up holidays! I slept in today and now I'm doing some hoursework that I've been meaning to do but have been too exhausted for after work. I'm looking forward to getting physically and mentally prepared over the next 4 and a half weeks.

FOUR AND A HALF WEEKS! Oh, sweet Jesus....

No time at all! Hopefully it flys in for us all now! I am the same I washed some more baby clothes today so now I am finished work I think ill slowly get a few bits done each day..

• Advertisement

Four and a half weeks sounds soooo much better than 5 weeks lol. I also keep adding 2weeks in case I go over. Please god I go early.

Dread the thoughts that GP won't sign me off tomorrow, I'll lose the plot if that happens. Much as I wish I could work, I can't. Even heading in for a handover meeting fills me with dread but I have to out of respect for my colleague that's stepping in for me.

threepeas wrote:
    Oh god that's annoying about the neighbours

It's unreal. Seems an older son has returned home and he isn't getting on well with his teenage sister. They're screaming at each other every night. We can't hear them in any other part of the house except our bedroom which is a blessing I suppose in some ways, but I just hopes he goes back to wherever he was until the last few days.

Four and a half weeks sounds soooo much better than 5 weeks lol. I also keep adding 2weeks in case I go over. Please god I go early.

Dread the thoughts that GP won't sign me off tomorrow, I'll lose the plot if that happens. Much as I wish I could work, I can't. Even heading in for a handover meeting fills me with dread but I have to out of respect for my colleague that's stepping in for me.

I'm the same keep adding the one to two weeks for the overdue.. I'll be actually in denial if I go into labour before 40 weeks.

Don't be stressing about the gp I'm sure they will be sympathetic.
    That is very annoying about the neighbours. Can ye move into any other room temporarily? I know a few people that moved from front to back of houses and that kind of thing because of noise, not that you should have to but you know but if it helps.

Is the medicine on prescription? I'm wondering if I will have to beg for it too.

Just saw my GP there this afternoon and she agreed to sign me off before I had even told her what's wrong! She is a very kind doctor with young kids herself - you can't beat seeing a female doctor with young kids when you're pregnant as they're always so sympathetic. She also gave me a strep B swab.

So that's me done. I rang my manager and he was a bit miffed but what can ya do. It's too painful. And he put me under a lot of pressure when I was in on Monday, like a ridiculously high workload even though he knew i was in pain, so I don't even feel bad now!

I work weekends so am delighted to spend the next few weekends with husband and toddler before baby arrives. Got to make the most of these last few weeks as a family of three.

• Advertisement

Catrionanic that's great! Enjoy your time together!

Yes the Gertac is on prescription but my GP gave it to me no problem, then doubled the dose when I asked through the receptionist and she didn't seek to see me first. I was on one a day, now two a day, but I think the booklet says it can be taken up to 4 times per day, so there's potential for an increase if you find it is becoming less effective over time, which appears to be common.

I could move into the spare room but don't want to sleep apart from my husband and the bed in there is crap. It's definitely gotten less noisy across the past three nights, I heard the teenager shouting at her brother "you're a 30 year old man for fukcs sake, grow up!" and all stayed quiet, so hopefully that hit home with him. They were arguing in the garden at 1pm today but haven't heard anything since, hopefully all will be quiet tonight.

Gertac is ranitidine I think. I was on 2 150mg tabs (generic) a day then switched to lanzoprazole, one 20mg tab

Thats great Catrionanic, relax and enjoy the break. Cash_Q hopefully they stfu tonight and let you get some sleep. We have two king size beds this time around, one in our own room and the spare room. I've bailed out a few times I'm not gonna lie!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Entropy7

Catrionanic, your post today could have been written by me.

People in work were loading more tasks on me for the next two weeks and I ended up in the doc today getting signed off for the rest of September.

It's getting tough now at 35 + weeks with broken sleep, dodgy blood pressure, pains and niggles with the bump getting heavier. Baby seems happy enough so that's all that I'm concerned about for the next few weeks. Any pain over the next few weeks is temporary.

Entropy7 wrote: »
    Catrionanic, your post today could have been written by me.

People in work were loading more tasks on me for the next two weeks and I ended up in the doc today getting signed off for the rest of September.

It's getting tough now at 35 + weeks with broken sleep, dodgy blood pressure, pains and niggles with the bump getting heavier. Baby seems happy enough so that's all that I'm concerned about for the next few weeks. Any pain over the next few weeks is temporary.

Sounds like we are all in the same boat girls! My job seemed to be forgetting I was 35 weeks pregnant.. Loved my 1st proper day off I got to wash more of the baby clothes and made a lovely roast dinner.. Roast chicken on a Wednesday lol my fella was delighted when he came in from work! Time to relax, eat healthy too I will enjoy making proper meals as I feel after work I was too tired to cook decent food. Looking forward to my 36 week app next week then it goes to weekly apps which is great we will have loads of updates then

Orange369 wrote:
    Looking forward to my 36 week app next week then it goes to weekly apps which is great we will have loads of updates then

I'm with the midwife clinic on Friday and will be weekly from then as I'm 36w on Sunday. Will the weekly appts continue between midwife clinic and gp? Or at what point does the hospital start seeing me? Or do they even need to? If I go over 40w maybe?

Super sad tonight. Everything is getting to me. 35 weeks and the thoughts of up to another 7 weeks just makes me feel like I want to give up. Swimming today was lovely when I was in but getting out, getting dressed etc was horrible and for the first time my hips and back are worse tonight as opposed to better. BP is up and down like a frigging yoyo on the home monitor but I know from experience it’s not bad enough for meds or anything, just enough for me to be facing appointment after appointment and uncertainty over the next five weeks. I’m off work. I’m frustrated and bored but everything hurts to do. Just having a cry this evening. I know things will be better tomorrow but right now this sucks and I never want to do it again

Super sad tonight. Everything is getting to me. 35 weeks and the thoughts of up to another 7 weeks just makes me feel like I want to give up. Swimming today was lovely when I was in but getting out, getting dressed etc was horrible and for the first time my hips and back are worse tonight as opposed to better. BP is up and down like a frigging yoyo on the home monitor but I know from experience it’s not bad enough for meds or anything, just enough for me to be facing appointment after appointment and uncertainty over the next five weeks. I’m off work. I’m frustrated and bored but everything hurts to do. Just having a cry this evening. I know things will be better tomorrow but right now this sucks and I never want to do it again

I've been miserable all week. And I don't have BP issues or hip pains. Carpal tunnel syndrome and a bad cold, but can't do much about either. Just so annoyed that I can't carry on working. It's going to be a long few weeks. On the plus side my neighbours were quiet last night. Didn't sleep any better but at least there's hope they may be settling down. Loud this morning but not fighting, singing which I can only smile about. Can't wait to get the GP cert in my hands later, think I'll relax properly then.

Hope GP goes well. Carpel tunnel sucks, that’s the one thing that’s actually better this time around. Have you got night braces? Nothing worse than waking up with dead fingers.

Doing better this morning,I’m just a bit emotional this last week. Feels like it’s so near but so far if you get me

Yes totally get you, like it's potentially just over 4weeks away, but also potentially 6 weeks away...feels like it'll never end. The lack of structure will kill me in that time. Appointments are all I'll be doing...I know I should make plans to do things but everyone else is in work, or I just feel like I'll be crappy company. Or they'll be full of well intended advice that I really just don't want to hear!

I have the splints alright but they seem to make it worse not better :( agony every time I wake to turn over or use the toilet, but at least I know it'll disappear soon after baby comes.

So we are now due to move house in mid-November... I am due 16th October and went well overdue last time.... this could be very, very messy indeed. Stress!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement