Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

October 2018 Babies club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭threepeas

Hope GP goes well. Carpel tunnel sucks, that’s the one thing that’s actually better this time around. Have you got night braces? Nothing worse than waking up with dead fingers.

Doing better this morning,I’m just a bit emotional this last week. Feels like it’s so near but so far if you get me

Awe mirrorwall14 sorry to hear you are feeling so down. Its hard isn't it.
    Thing is no of us really know when the baby will arrive there's always the possibility that it won't be late. Maybe try and plan something fun into every week to just keep focused on if you can. And rest as much as you can I know it can be boring but you might not get a chance again for a long time. Big hugs to you.

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Yes totally get you, like it's potentially just over 4weeks away, but also potentially 6 weeks away...feels like it'll never end. The lack of structure will kill me in that time. Appointments are all I'll be doing...I know I should make plans to do things but everyone else is in work, or I just feel like I'll be crappy company. Or they'll be full of well intended advice that I really just don't want to hear!

I have the splints alright but they seem to make it worse not better :( agony every time I wake to turn over or use the toilet, but at least I know it'll disappear soon after baby comes.[/quote

Sorry to hear you are feeling miserable too. I think we are all reaching that stage. But the countdown will be on soon. You never know it might do some good to have a bit of company?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Thanks threepeas yeah it will do me good to see people, I'm just in miserable form with a bad cold and having to accept that I'm finished work. Officially signed off now so once I've done a handover with my replacement I can fully switch off.

Catrionanic baby could come early, or on time, or late..but no matter what happens, delegate tasks to others and don't even think about packing or moving a single box. We moved in March and I definitely overdid it, and was only 10/12weeks at that stage. There's still a few boxes hanging around our house but so what, they can wait.

Best advice I can give is, get a lot of boxes, more than you think you'll need, and tell people not to overfill them. Dunnes Stores have good boxes. The likes of Aldi have boxes that are often too big or missing the bottom, Dunnes we got a lot from the Off Licence section while staff were packing shelves.

Label the boxes clearly and hire someone to help to move them. We used a guy off adverts, it was 40euro per hour, full house empty and moved in about 90 minutes. When arriving at the new house, make sure boxes and furniture are put into the rooms they're intended for and not left in the hall for you to fall over.

Pack bed clothes and a few changes of clothes per person into suitcases or whatever, and have your toiletries with these. Separate enough dishes/cutlery to cover each person, and keep them apart from the rest of the kitchen stuff so you don't need to unpack everything immediately. Have some towels and whatever other bathroom bits separated out too. Just enough to keep everyone going with the basics before there's a chance to properly unpack. And then delegate the unpacking too.

Sorry for that big off topic post but moving house is stressful and it shouldn't be, being organised can alleviate it somewhat. Oh and your moving date may change again too, ours went back by two weeks for no apparent reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Cash_Q has given great advice. I’d add to it by saying

1. Buy/borrow a packing tape gun, worth it!
    2. Smaller boxes that are all the same is the way to go. Bigger ones more likely to get over full or break with weight. All the same size makes it waaaaay easier to pile stuff. We got ours online
    3. Multiple coloured permanent markers. Bedrooms one colour, kitchen another colour etc. This makes loading and unloading much handier
    4. Hire a mover or a man with a van. We had two lads do ours. Unreal, they had everything (including dryer, beds, lockers etc as well as boxed) loaded and unloaded into the correct rooms of the new house in an hour. I’ve never seen anything like it. Plus they fit everything in one big van load

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Some great advice there girls! We have only ever done small moves from one rental to another before now, so this will be our first big-ish move. I'm nervous just thinking about it but will take on lots of that advice!

Feel like I've been hit by a bus this afternoon. This morning I did a small food shop, then took the wee man to the barber and to the park and a short walk. Knackered! Wish he would nap for me again! Naps have just recently shortened to an hour. I miss the two hour sleeps so badly!

Some great advice there girls! We have only ever done small moves from one rental to another before now, so this will be our first big-ish move. I'm nervous just thinking about it but will take on lots of that advice!

Feel like I've been hit by a bus this afternoon. This morning I did a small food shop, then took the wee man to the barber and to the park and a short walk. Knackered! Wish he would nap for me again! Naps have just recently shortened to an hour. I miss the two hour sleeps so badly!

Oh man me too. Took my three year old to the dentist (first visit went great thank God!), the euroshop, tesco, the hairdresser and then for a hot chocolate. I'm EXHAUSTED and my feet are baloons :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Midwife

Jutton wrote:
    I've heard hospital classes are not very good so I booked us into gentle birthing class instead, got great feed back from my brother, he says it was brilliant from partners point of view. Is anyone else doing gentle /hypno birthing?

I attended the 5 antenatal classes at the coombe and 3 physio classes there too and found them all excellent. Not sure if you mean your specific hospitals classes aren't great but if I were you I'd try to attend them anyway, any info is great. I learned so much, and feel I got a great sense of the approach of all staff towards active birth, natural pain relief etc, they were all singing off the same hymn sheet which gave me a lot of reassurance .

I did a two hour hypnobirthing/yoga class which was great, not much substance to it but every 15 minutes was spent in relaxation positions while repeating mantras, which was really reassuring. I have the gentlebirth CD tracks but find the woman's voice a bit annoying and the tracks are way too short.

I do pregnancy yoga once per week and it's the best thing I've done altogether. The active birthing and relaxation positions, as well as the breathing techniques and mantras have been great and I feel they'll really help me in labour

Hi there, 
     The meditation tracks are intentionally designed to be shorter - even people with lots of meditation practice find it challenging to meditate for long periods.  The idea is to stay awake and alert during the short meditations and when your mind wanders you bring it back to the track.   Hypnosis is so much easier -   you can let you mind wander and nod off to them.  Not sure I can post the link here but if you look at GentleBirth TV on YouTube you'll see some short videos about how to get the most from the program.  Sorry I can't do anything about the voice - there are plenty of options out there for hypnobirthing so hopefully you'll find something you enjoy.  I had the hardest time listening to myself when I was pregnant but I decided to just stop cringing and go with it :)

Hope that helps
    Tracy

Midwife wrote:
    Hi there, The meditation tracks are intentionally designed to be shorter - even people with lots of meditation practice find it challenging to meditate for long periods. The idea is to stay awake and alert during the short meditations and when your mind wanders you bring it back to the track. Hypnosis is so much easier - you can let you mind wander and nod off to them. Not sure I can post the link here but if you look at GentleBirth TV on YouTube you'll see some short videos about how to get the most from the program. Sorry I can't do anything about the voice - there are plenty of options out there for hypnobirthing so hopefully you'll find something you enjoy. I had the hardest time listening to myself when I was pregnant but I decided to just stop cringing and go with it

Hi Tracy...well I'm mortified that I've slagged your voice on a public forum and you've read it....Sorry!!!

I find the tracks handy sometimes, but I find I'm only getting into a state of relaxation and I have to sit up to go to another track, so for me they're just not effective at that length. I'll certainly check out the YouTube channel and see if I can get a better understanding of using them

Neighbours nice and quiet...yet here I am wide awake since 3am :(

I was vomiting a lot last night so I think I'm just really hungry. My sinuses are so blocked up too and my hips are so sore..wah :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Midwife

Midwife wrote:
    Hi there, The meditation tracks are intentionally designed to be shorter - even people with lots of meditation practice find it challenging to meditate for long periods. The idea is to stay awake and alert during the short meditations and when your mind wanders you bring it back to the track. Hypnosis is so much easier - you can let you mind wander and nod off to them. Not sure I can post the link here but if you look at GentleBirth TV on YouTube you'll see some short videos about how to get the most from the program. Sorry I can't do anything about the voice - there are plenty of options out there for hypnobirthing so hopefully you'll find something you enjoy. I had the hardest time listening to myself when I was pregnant but I decided to just stop cringing and go with it

Hi Tracy...well I'm mortified that I've slagged your voice on a public forum and you've read it....Sorry!!!

I find the tracks handy sometimes, but I find I'm only getting into a state of relaxation and I have to sit up to go to another track, so for me they're just not effective at that length. I'll certainly check out the YouTube channel and see if I can get a better understanding of using them

Ah no don't mind that  :)- the voice is really important and it's such a personal thing.  Yes the playlist is next for our very small development team - it has been a source of frustration for me too and I'm sorry it's not the best experience.  I tell the Dads that this will be a very important part of their support - making sure you keep 'Labor Companion' on repeat.

Tracy

Thanks Tracey, yes one of my husband's jobs is to be my DJ throughout labour lol, I'll pass on the tip!

Midwife wrote: »
    Ah no don't mind that  :)- the voice is really important and it's such a personal thing.  Yes the playlist is next for our very small development team - it has been a source of frustration for me too and I'm sorry it's not the best experience.  I tell the Dads that this will be a very important part of their support - making sure you keep 'Labor Companion' on repeat.

Tracy

I still use it a lot but I’ve had to switch to calm at night but that’s because I got a speaker insert for my pillow and I can’t get the volume balance right now in GentleBirth with it. Calm seems louder. Maybe just as well as I can do the shorter tracks in the day!

Edit: Oh jesus I definitely did too much yesterday. Dropped the little lad to preschool and I can barely walk. Feck. Swim this morning to try and loosen things back up again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭clacla82

Hope everyone is doing well. Still feeling great myself, just a bit more tired during the day these last couple of weeks. Working hard to get everything done as it looks like I will be in at 38/39 weeks for a section.... so envious of you all signed off, I am at the laptop every day at 7am! Plus turning down soooo much work during my self-imposed mat leave....all for the greater good I know!

Back in with consultant today, sick of seeing him at this stage, the weekly appointments have my nerves shot.

Watched the Rotunda last night, and don't know whether it was a bad thing or a good thing! What did you all think if you saw it?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭babymakesthree

I still use it a lot but I’ve had to switch to calm at night but that’s because I got a speaker insert for my pillow and I can’t get the volume balance right now in GentleBirth with it. Calm seems louder. Maybe just as well as I can do the shorter tracks in the day!

Edit: Oh jesus I definitely did too much yesterday. Dropped the little lad to preschool and I can barely walk. Feck. Swim this morning to try and loosen things back up again :(

Hiya, jumping in from Sept thread, just to mention that I went for a quick 20 min swim at about 38 weeks and even though it was just a bit of gentle breast stroke I was so stiff and uncomfortable that evening. If you get to swim today I’d recommend just floating around a bit as it’s likely you could be comfy during re swim but it might make tonight even worse..... hope that helps!

Hiya, jumping in from Sept thread, just to mention that I went for a quick 20 min swim at about 38 weeks and even though it was just a bit of gentle breast stroke I was so stiff and uncomfortable that evening. If you get to swim today I’d recommend just floating around a bit as it’s likely you could be comfy during re swim but it might make tonight even worse..... hope that helps!

Yeah physio recommended it for SPD so it’s mostly just walking in the pool or floating with the weight off my back, no swimming and definitely no breast stroke! Usually it does help though this was the first week I was pretty sore the next day so maybe I’m reaching the end of it helping. Still another two weeks until I see physio in the Coombe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Orange369

clacla82 wrote: »
    Hope everyone is doing well. Still feeling great myself, just a bit more tired during the day these last couple of weeks. Working hard to get everything done as it looks like I will be in at 38/39 weeks for a section.... so envious of you all signed off, I am at the laptop every day at 7am! Plus turning down soooo much work during my self-imposed mat leave....all for the greater good I know!

Back in with consultant today, sick of seeing him at this stage, the weekly appointments have my nerves shot.

Watched the Rotunda last night, and don't know whether it was a bad thing or a good thing! What did you all think if you saw it?

I watched it too and while I think it was really good especially as my partner watched it with me! It was very emotional though, I lost a baby just last Oct at 11 weeks so seeing the loses was very sad for me. I have had so many scan during this pregnancy but you cant help think what if they missed something.. Fingers crossed all our babies will be here safe and well soon, these last few weeks are nearly more nerves wrecking for me.

clacla82 wrote:

Went out of my way to avoid watching it or reading about it. Will catch up after baby arrives. I imagine it's all extreme stories to make for good TV and I can't see that being any good for me.

Delighted for you that you're still feeling so well clacla! I felt so good for a few days last week, whereas this week I'm crying every day and miserable. I know that having a bad cold isn't helping but there seems to be no end in sight to this low mood. Seeing the mental health team in the Coombe next Wednesday thankfully. I do get bursts of good humour and certainly feel back to normal once my husband gets home but I hate sitting around the house all day and I'm too sick and tired to do anything else. Highlight of the day seeing the midwife this morning - woo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Was in with the GP midwife today and baby decided to give us a scare with an elevated heartbeat so she, stressing that it was just a precaution, recommended that I go the the Coombe to have it monitored. So I went in, got all hooked up to the microphones and... baby promptly went to sleep. They gave me ice water to wake it up. 2 hours later I left after having been monitored and everything is fine. In even better news baby has now turned head down, but hasn't engaged yet.

kylith wrote: »
    Was in with the GP midwife today and baby decided to give us a scare with an elevated heartbeat so she, stressing that it was just a precaution, recommended that I go the the Coombe to have it monitored. So I went in, got all hooked up to the microphones and... baby promptly went to sleep. They gave me ice water to wake it up. 2 hours later I left after having been monitored and everything is fine. In even better news baby has now turned head down, but hasn't engaged yet.

Glad to hear all turned out well and that baby is head down.

Head down here too but still very high. So will be a while yet. I'm tired tonight..hopefully it will be a good sleep could do with it.

Went out of my way to avoid watching it or reading about it. Will catch up after baby arrives. I imagine it's all extreme stories to make for good TV and I can't see that being any good for me.

Delighted for you that you're still feeling so well clacla! I felt so good for a few days last week, whereas this week I'm crying every day and miserable. I know that having a bad cold isn't helping but there seems to be no end in sight to this low mood. Seeing the mental health team in the Coombe next Wednesday thankfully. I do get bursts of good humour and certainly feel back to normal once my husband gets home but I hate sitting around the house all day and I'm too sick and tired to do anything else. Highlight of the day seeing the midwife this morning - woo!

How did you get on cash? Best of luck on Wednesday.
    I was having a bad day today but seem to have perked up a bit tonight. My goodness I was inconsolable earlier. Hubby didn't know wat to say or do.

• Advertisement

Exhaustion is unreal at the moment. Could barely function today. Hit the pillow at 9.30 and slept for almost 4 hours without getting up to pee (hurrah!), but since then I am wide awake and unable to sleep. So unfair as I am so exhausted!

threepeas wrote:
    How did you get on cash? Best of luck on Wednesday. I was having a bad day today but seem to have perked up a bit tonight. My goodness I was inconsolable earlier. Hubby didn't know wat to say or do.

All great with the midwife thanks, baby very active, measuring exactly right and head down as it has been for a long time. Protein in my urine which was the case last Tues too but my BP is normal and samples sent to the lab both Tues and today so I'm not worried as neither of the midwives were.

Glad to gear you perked up. I do be in grand form once my husband is home. Made some loose plans for the next couple of weeks so that should help to keep my spirits up. The fact its the weekend and he's home all weekend too is a help.

Wide awake now but slept from around 11 aside from the usual waking up to turn over. Slept kind of upright to alleviate heartburn so I wouldn't vomit again and that helped. I do feel as though I haven't slept at all though because the week is catching up with me

Catrionanic you poor thing you must be cracking up

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Panda18

Exhaustion is unreal at the moment. Could barely function today. Hit the pillow at 9.30 and slept for almost 4 hours without getting up to pee (hurrah!), but since then I am wide awake and unable to sleep. So unfair as I am so exhausted!

Hope you managed to get some sleep after you posted catrionanic! The lack of sleep is really getting to everyone at the min isn’t it? After a bad night I daydream about when the baby is here and can be minded for a few hours so I can get a normal sleep :D

Twice this week I’ve woken with a really bad pain on my left lower belly/hip I can’t move in the bed or talk until it passes. It kinda comes in waves and last about 5 mins and leaves me feeling really sick. I scared the crap out of my husband with it this morning, he was ready to take me to hospital.
    Would this be what RLP feels like?

Panda18 wrote:
    Twice this week I’ve woken with a really bad pain on my left lower belly/hip I can’t move in the bed or talk until it passes. It kinda comes in waves and last about 5 mins and leaves me feeling really sick. I scared the crap out of my husband with it this morning, he was ready to take me to hospital. Would this be what RLP feels like?

I got similar pains months ago and rang the emergency room in the Coombe and they advised to move position and see if it goes away..luckily for me it did disappear but at this stage if you're unsure about anything I'd ring your hospital or go in.

I am finding wind and general digestion very painful these days, just so uncomfortable and running out of space in there!

Panda18 wrote: »
    Hope you managed to get some sleep after you posted catrionanic! The lack of sleep is really getting to everyone at the min isn’t it? After a bad night I daydream about when the baby is here and can be minded for a few hours so I can get a normal sleep :D

Twice this week I’ve woken with a really bad pain on my left lower belly/hip I can’t move in the bed or talk until it passes. It kinda comes in waves and last about 5 mins and leaves me feeling really sick. I scared the crap out of my husband with it this morning, he was ready to take me to hospital.
    Would this be what RLP feels like?

I'm a bit late to this but I think I would call them just to be sure. Hope the pain eased off.

Hope you managed to get some sleep.

Thanks girls. Was awake from 1ish til 5ish (seems to be my pattern). Toddler woke at 6.30 but husband got up with him so I slept til 8.

I seem to be tired all the time, but am hitting this real slump around 1 or 2pm which lasts until 5 or 6pm, when I get my second wind and hence am not tired enough for an early night most nights! The slump is tough because my wee boy is only a year and a half and is very active and does not want to take things easy one bit. When I lie down on the sofa, he shouts, "mammy asleep, mammy wake up!!!!", and repeatedly whacks me over the head until I sit up again! Wee brat!!!!!

I really did not appreciate being able to rest and nap as I pleased on my first pregnancy! FTMs - make sure you take every opportunity to rest and enjoy it!

Husband at a concert tonight so think I'm gonna brave watching The Rotunda!

Zzzzz last night was not a good sleep. Like a zombie today. Thankfully my two are entertaining themselves and getting along well for once. They must sense the exhaustion.
    Every little twinge now I'm wondering if this is the start. Anyone else feeling this way?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Entropy7

I am. But I'm thinking... there's no way this child will be born before 38 weeks.

Mammy and daddy are both fairly lazy and will stay where they are comfortable, so baby boy will probably be the same.

I had induction at 40 weeks last time, so I'm hoping to experience the onset of natural labour this time around.

I'm 35w + 5d now. Looking back on photos from 3 years ago... the bump has a little bit bigger to get before we are there.

On a side note, my daughter started pre-school, and got the dreaded green snot monster infection, gave it to me, and I am now on antibiotics and steroids to clear my ear infection... which took hold really fast on Thursday night.

I was in so much pain, i couldn't function. Thank god for a good husband to tell when i need the doctor. The doctor said that during pregnancy the infections can take hold so fast as the body is immunosuppressed. I literally was hoping for labour pains in comparison, since contractions come and go, with a break in between, whereas this ear infection pain was constant for hours. And there is nothing stronger than paracetamol that can be taken for the pain.

I was a bit disappointed to need antibiotics so near the end of pregnancy, having avoided them for the majority of the pregnancy.

Entropy7 wrote: »
    I am. But I'm thinking... there's no way this child will be born before 38 weeks.

Mammy and daddy are both fairly lazy and will stay where they are comfortable, so baby boy will probably be the same.

I had induction at 40 weeks last time, so I'm hoping to experience the onset of natural labour this time around.

I'm 35w + 5d now. Looking back on photos from 3 years ago... the bump has a little bit bigger to get before we are there.

On a side note, my daughter started pre-school, and got the dreaded green snot monster infection, gave it to me, and I am now on antibiotics and steroids to clear my ear infection... which took hold really fast on Thursday night.

I was in so much pain, i couldn't function. Thank god for a good husband to tell when i need the doctor. The doctor said that during pregnancy the infections can take hold so fast as the body is immunosuppressed. I literally was hoping for labour pains in comparison, since contractions come and go, with a break in between, whereas this ear infection pain was constant for hours. And there is nothing stronger than paracetamol that can be taken for the pain.

I was a bit disappointed to need antibiotics so near the end of pregnancy, having avoided them for the majority of the pregnancy.

Now I feel bad for my whinge. I hope you feel better soon and the infection clears up. I'm just glad these babies will be born before the real winter hits. I Always seem to pick up stuff in the winter and agree paracetamol just doesn't cut it.
    I have avoided induction both times but was close to it on my second who was well over due. I'm hoping this baby will break the habit.

We still have no name. I'm looking for divine inspiration at this point

• Advertisement

threepeas wrote:
    Zzzzz last night was not a good sleep. Like a zombie today. Thankfully my two are entertaining themselves and getting along well for once. They must sense the exhaustion. Every little twinge now I'm wondering if this is the start. Anyone else feeling this way?

Yeah I'm hopeful with any lasting twinge that something is happening. I had some back pains last night for the first time which I thought might be promising but it's wishful thinking as I'm just 36w today and it's my first. I know it can happen but I fully expect to go 40+10 as the hospital changed my dates so 40+10 is only really my original due date going by LMP.
    Entropy7 wrote:

Try not to be disappointed, they'll only prescribe antibiotics that pose no harm to the baby, so what is there to worry about? I know they leave the body so wiped out, but its much better that the infection gets cleared up and you get stronger again in the weeks before labour. Hope you feel better soon.

Not to brag but I somehow slept 11-5 then 7-10.30. I'm so relieved after a week of very bad sleep! It's incredible the effect it has on my mood and general outlook.

Not having a good day today. When I woke up in the night I felt a bit queasy and that has pretty much carried over into today. It may be partly to do with the fact that baby is super-active today and seems to enjoy booting me in the stomach, but it is also possibly partly because OH works in an after-school club and, with schools back, has picked up something that has knocked me out a bit.

Oh dear. Pesky infections doing the rounds again! I really hope you feel better soon.

We don't have a name picked yet. I had a page of about 20 names which I like, and OH 'sort of' likes two of them. I suppose we only really need the two, so could be ok.

Yes, Cash_Q... I really love sleeping. Always did. Always will.

We have several girls’ names agreed on, but can’t come up with any boys’

Had a brutal nights sleep last night, I'm not convinced he didn't turn again as I woke up regularly with horrible cramps (nothing timeable, I knew it wasn't labour). Wrecked today as a result but at least this seems to be a reasonable day for SPD after three pretty painful ones.

There's a rotten dose going, I had it during the week with the three year old (like a nasty cold and exhausting) but my poor husband had it this weekend while we were down in the inlaws-no fun for him!

We've got our first name picked for him but not a second yet!

We have no names picked and we know its a boy so we didn't even have to try pick the girls names. That will be this week's mission now.

Spd is torture I feel for you. Thankfully I managed to avoid it this time. It really put me off its torture.

kylith wrote: »
    We have several girls’ names agreed on, but can’t come up with any boys’

We had no trouble picking our girls names and had them from very early on. Do ye know if ye are having a boy or girl

Agreed Entropy7, I've always valued my sleep and never had such insomnia as I've had since becoming pregnant. I missed a week of work in June, random days earlier in the year, and it was the straw that broke the camel's back last week and saw me signed off work until maternity leave starts in 3 weeks.

We had about 50 names, now have about 3 or 4 for both girls and boys, but nothing certain until we see the baby. And the names I was certain on before I'm now unsure of, so who knows!

So glad to be over the worst of the cold I had and really pity anyone else suffering with it! Pregnancy and all its ailments is hard enough without another illness 

threepeas wrote: »
    We had no trouble picking our girls names and had them from very early on. Do ye know if ye are having a boy or girl

Not a clue. A few people have enquired if I think that might be a sign :)

• Advertisement

Also in the no name club! My son didn't have a name when he was born and this one will likely be the same.

Hope all you girls get over the sicknesses quickly. So miserable. There seems to be an awful bug doing the rounds at the minute too so hopefully we all avoid it.

I've had a weekend of being grumpy and tired. Myself and husband have been at each other's throats all pregnancy and it's only getting worse now. Worried about how much more we will argue with the newborn sleep deprivation and house move to come.

Speaking of sleep deprivation, I'm in the middle of my 4-hour insomnia shift! Every night. I fall back asleep around six and then toddler gets up between 6.30 and 7. Wish I could stop this!

This insomnia has me driven half demented arrrrggghhhhhhhhh

This insomnia has me driven half demented arrrrggghhhhhhhhh

Have you ever tried listening to guided meditation for sleep? I might have mentioned it on the thread before but I find Jason Stephenson particularly good if you look him up on YouTube. I know they don't work for everyone but might be worth a try. I'm awake since before 4am here but I don't have a toddler or work to get up to, so I can't begin to imagine how you're feeling :(

Have you ever tried listening to guided meditation for sleep? I might have mentioned it on the thread before but I find Jason Stephenson particularly good if you look him up on YouTube. I know they don't work for everyone but might be worth a try. I'm awake since before 4am here but I don't have a toddler or work to get up to, so I can't begin to imagine how you're feeling :(

Yes Jason Stephenson has been a nightly feature here with limited success unfortunately. I've even resorted to saying the rosary in the hope it'll bore me to sleep. As well as reading. I'm all out of ideas unfortunately. Zzzzzzzzzz.

I was awake between 2am and 5.30 am last night. I did a bit of nesting before falling asleep on the couch. I figure... I'll have a baba to feed in a few weeks at the same time. Nature getting me up and awake a few weeks early.

Yes Jason Stephenson has been a nightly feature here with limited success unfortunately. I've even resorted to saying the rosary in the hope it'll bore me to sleep. As well as reading. I'm all out of ideas unfortunately. Zzzzzzzzzz.

Oh god you're in a bad way! The rosary! My GP suggested mass every day as a way to get out of the house when I said I dread these sick weeks off work lol, she wasn't serious thankfully! No offence to any worshippers it's just the last place you'd find me!

I managed to sleep 6.30-9.00 this morning thanks to Jason..maybe there's a baby name for me lololol!!!!

• Advertisement

Entropy7 wrote:
    I was awake between 2am and 5.30 am last night. I did a bit of nesting before falling asleep on the couch. I figure... I'll have a baba to feed in a few weeks at the same time. Nature getting me up and awake a few weeks early.

Yeah I'm finally accepting this in a positive way...when everyone said it to me over the last few months it made me snap because it's all well and good when baby IS here, but now I just have to listen to hubby snoring soundly...at least when baby is here I'll be busy feeding/changing and I'll have a cutie in my arms!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

The amount of times I have started posting here and gotten distracted!!

I'm in the no sleeping camp with the rest of you, was awake for hours last night, think I had eaten too much and there just wasn't enough room for the food and I felt uncomfortable, add in pain turning with the spd And then all the hip pain from lying on my side...... 2 weeks to go!!!!!!

I can't wait till the bump is out if the way and I can lie more on my front, it is going to be bliss!! Can't wait to be able to just move properly!!!

Today is the first day I have really had to myself I feel, sitting on the couch here, eating some crisps for breakfast and watching last night's big brother. Wee man is in the creche till 1 and I still have the baby bag to pack but it is not happening today, just no!!!

Ah a day to yourself is bliss, enjoy it!!! Some days I wish we had our boy in a creche just so I can laze around.

Would anyone risk a wee trip elsewhere in Ireland at this stage? I've 4 weeks to go and am desperate to get up to Belfast for a bit of help with the toddler from my parents. They live around a 2.5 hour drive away from where we are in Dublin. Hmmmmmmm.

No sleep last night for me. Whatever illness is going round Himself has it and snored all night. I ended up rolling him over and using my big pillow to wedge him onto his side. Of course that meant I couldn’t get comfy. Thank gods i’m Off work and can sleep in!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭clacla82

Ah a day to yourself is bliss, enjoy it!!! Some days I wish we had our boy in a creche just so I can laze around.

Would anyone risk a wee trip elsewhere in Ireland at this stage? I've 4 weeks to go and am desperate to get up to Belfast for a bit of help with the toddler from my parents. They live around a 2.5 hour drive away from where we are in Dublin. Hmmmmmmm.

I am 37 weeks Thursday and my mum is driving me to Dublin as I have a job up there I am loathe to cancel. I think I might be mad but will hopefully just drive straight to the door, and hop back in the car again. The joys of being self-employed...

• Advertisement
Advertisement