Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

October 2018 Babies club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭threepeas

I went from 4-10 in less than an hour so good thing they hadn't left me on the ward or some ladies may have gone home and decided they changed their mind.

How was last night cash? Hopefully today's food offering will be a bit better too.

Im having major anxiety today and my husband is not helping the situation. I really can't wait for the pregnancy to be over.

Hope everyone else is at least having a better Weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

threepeas wrote:
    How was last night cash? Hopefully today's food offering will be a bit better too.

I slept a good bit more thanks, still only a few hours but when I was sleeping it was soundly. Two women labouring were moved out this morning and hopefully that means we're in for a quieter night.

Got some cornflakes for breakfast and then dinner was pasta mixed in with spicy veg which I presume was leftover from yesterday's weird wrap. It seemed to have an easy single melted onto it too! Managed most of it by eating around the cheese..who knows what's ahead for tea.. who the hell writes this menu!

Dr this morning says I will more than likely be induced on or before 38weeks rather than 40, so that's this day next week at the latest! Feels pretty surreal at this stage after waiting so long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

Cash_Q wrote: »
    I slept a good bit more thanks, still only a few hours but when I was sleeping it was soundly. Two women labouring were moved out this morning and hopefully that means we're in for a quieter night.

Got some cornflakes for breakfast and then dinner was pasta mixed in with spicy veg which I presume was leftover from yesterday's weird wrap. It seemed to have an easy single melted onto it too! Managed most of it by eating around the cheese..who knows what's ahead for tea.. who the hell writes this menu!

Dr this morning says I will more than likely be induced on or before 38weeks rather than 40, so that's this day next week at the latest! Feels pretty surreal at this stage after waiting so long!

Oh wow!! So you will get to meet your baby two weeks early! Exciting if a little unexpected! Is your BP still raised a bit hence that plan?

Also meant to say, pasta with a melted easy single..... Good god!!! Boards need that face palm emoji I think!

greenttc wrote:
    Oh wow!! So you will get to meet your baby two weeks early! Exciting if a little unexpected! Is your BP still raised a bit hence that plan?

Yes it's mad! And I fully expected to go 10 days over which makes it very early from what I expected! BP spiked during the night and came down with extra meds, so they increased the meds during the day and so far seems to be stable. They just said that with pre eclampsia they don't generally let anyone go over 38 weeks. I'll be happy once there's a definite plan in place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

So your October baby may become a September one!

I know! I had been half joking that once October rolled around baby might make an appearance on the 1st but genuinely never expected it would!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

God I have to admit being pretty damn jealous 😂. It’s been a rough weekend SPD wise with the last visit to the in-laws including a birthday for four kids and a christening (which I had to bail out on) and my blood pressure is staying borderline except for the odd very good reading which is frustrating. If it’s gonna go up, go up to feck if you get me! Perinatal tomorrow

Yes it's mad! And I fully expected to go 10 days over which makes it very early from what I expected! BP spiked during the night and came down with extra meds, so they increased the meds during the day and so far seems to be stable. They just said that with pre eclampsia they don't generally let anyone go over 38 weeks. I'll be happy once there's a definite plan in place.

I think there is a bit of relief once the plans get put in place isn't there. Hopefully they are keeping a good eye on you and this time next week we will be getting an update.

Easy single hmmm interesting to say the least.

Going overdue is no fun either but once you get a date you can countdown. Its just the not knowing and second guessing every twinge and the hope.

I went to town this evening to get a few sheets for the Crib. And bounced on the ball. My pelvis is feeling the weight now!

• Advertisement

God I have to admit being pretty damn jealous 😂. It’s been a rough weekend SPD wise with the last visit to the in-laws including a birthday for four kids and a christening (which I had to bail out on) and my blood pressure is staying borderline except for the odd very good reading which is frustrating. If it’s gonna go up, go up to feck if you get me! Perinatal tomorrow

Time to put the feet up mirrorwall14. It's never nice to miss events but you need to put yourself first now for a small while

threepeas wrote: »
    Time to put the feet up mirrorwall14. It's never nice to miss events but you need to put yourself first now for a small while

To be fair, I didn’t actually mind. It wasn’t my side of the family, I got dropped home and passed out peacefully with a hot water bottle on my back!

We might have to kick you out of this group cash!! :-)

As everyone said, it's very nice to have that plan in place and not have the unknown. No sitting at home in early labour wondering should you go in and no car journey while enduring contractions, I have to say that is the bit I liked about my induction last time and am dreading the car journey if it happens naturally this time!

Will you get to come home for the week between now and then?

Yeah mirror and three peas, can't say I have had a fun weekend either, lots of pain in the general pelvic region, feeling very very uncomfortable, just getting around the house is a nightmare.

Glad to say we finally have all packing done for hospital though, it's definitely not the exciting job I thought it was the last time, ha! But I wasn't in pain doing it the last time either!

I can't keep my hospital bag ready because I keep eating all the snacks!

Sitting here feeling like my abdomen is about to burst! Full to the brim from my missus to my ribs. Wish baby would drop a bit lower into my pelvis so I can breathe again!

Ha ha, that me laugh out loud which in turn made me have a little extra pain from the pressure of laughing.... Must keep laughs internal from now on!

+1 here

greenttc wrote:
    Will you get to come home for the week between now and then?

I thought they might but chatting to midwife this evening she says the fact I'm already admitted and am 37weeks me and it's more likely they'll keep me and potentially induce before the 38weeks, fingers crossed!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jodee08

I thought they might but chatting to midwife this evening she says the fact I'm already admitted and am 37weeks me and it's more likely they'll keep me and potentially induce before the 38weeks, fingers crossed!!!
    Wow Cashq. Could be really soon then!

Look forward to hear some news in the next few days!
    Hopefully your nights are more peaceful if you are staying til you have the baby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

If born on Halloween night you could name a male baby Jason or Damien.:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭lunamoon

KevinCavan wrote: »
    If born on Halloween night you could name a male baby Jason or Damien.:-)
    That's the 31st of October not September :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

lunamoon wrote: »
    That's the 31st of October not September :D

Did you read the thread title?!:-)

Jodee08 wrote:
    Look forward to hear some news in the next few days! Hopefully your nights are more peaceful if you are staying til you have the baby!

Yeah it's lovely and quiet tonight, hopefully stays this way. No one in labour tonight so far any way lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Totally fed up now. My cold has turned into a cough and on top of baby kicking me in the ribs and generally taking up space I'm really wheezy from that, my muscles are sore from coughing, and it's not doing my bladder any good either. The Braxton-Hicks contractions are really kicking in too.

I am naught these days but a bladder and an appetite. An appetite which I can't sate because of the GD (I never thought I'd get sick of cheese, but fuck am I sick of cheese, and rice cakes, and brogies, and gods, I just want a slice of toast dripping in butter and slathered with jam. No, two slices. No, half a sliced pan!) and the fact that I simply did not have the energy to get dressed today to go shopping.

Himself has a sore back and a headache and I just cannot summon any sympathy for him.

• Advertisement

Yeah it's lovely and quiet tonight, hopefully stays this way. No one in labour tonight so far any way lol!

Fingers crossed it stays quiet. Will wait here for the news. Not so patiently waiting.

kylith wrote: »
    Totally fed up now. My cold has turned into a cough and on top of baby kicking me in the ribs and generally taking up space I'm really wheezy from that, my muscles are sore from coughing, and it's not doing my bladder any good either. The Braxton-Hicks contractions are really kicking in too.

I am naught these days but a bladder and an appetite. An appetite which I can't sate because of the GD (I never thought I'd get sick of cheese, but fuck am I sick of cheese, and rice cakes, and brogies, and gods, I just want a slice of toast dripping in butter and slathered with jam. No, two slices. No, half a sliced pan!) and the fact that I simply did not have the energy to get dressed today to go shopping.

Himself has a sore back and a headache and I just cannot summon any sympathy for him.

Awe kylith hope you feel better soon. Just think of afterwards and you can eat the whole sliced pan. Extra toast for you after the delivery.
    It is hard to have sympathy and not say how you really feel.

I'm just up bouncing on the gym ball again really don't think it's doing anything and it's pretty boring. Get out already baby ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Panda18

The joys of hormones and lack of sleep. I just cried on the phone when my dad told me he’s out of the country next week (due date week) and some of the week after on work. I’d say I scared the living daylights out of him. With it being his first grandchild I assumed he’d be more excited but it’s nearly like he’s embarrassed or something. He only told his friends a week or two ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Orange369

Panda18 wrote: »
    The joys of hormones and lack of sleep. I just cried on the phone when my dad told me he’s out of the country next week (due date week) and some of the week after on work. I’d say I scared the living daylights out of him. With it being his first grandchild I assumed he’d be more excited but it’s nearly like he’s embarrassed or something. He only told his friends a week or two ago.

I have a lot of family on hols over the next few weeks myself and my dad going to Belfast for a hip replacement the week before I am due! As well as my OH going away this weekend for a football trip :(:(

Im sure your dad can't wait though, that's just men for you they don't get excited until the meet the baby unlike us women!

• Advertisement

Orange369 wrote: »
    I have a lot of family on hols over the next few weeks myself and my dad going to Belfast for a hip replacement the week before I am due! As well as my OH going away this weekend for a football trip :(:(

Im sure your dad can't wait though, that's just men for you they don't get excited until the meet the baby unlike us women!

Yeah I think I’m just having a bad morning and it’s getting to me. I’ll be fine when I calm myself down. Haha yep I’m sure he’ll be super excited when he meets the new arrival :)

Aw no! Really? I don’t think I’d be v happy with the OH if he went away this close :( will you be able to stay with anyone if u need to?

Awe panda it sounds like a perfectly good reason to have a little cry. I'm sure he will be excited once the baby gets here too.

You should make some lovely plans of your own this weekend if you can take your mind off the football. Manicure and meet a friend for lunch or have a friend call over and order in take away. Feet up and relax time.

I am so tired today and my head feels a bit funny but have agreed to meet a friend for lunch. I know once I get up and get going I will feel a million times better.

Yeah I think I’m just having a bad morning and it’s getting to me. I’ll be fine when I calm myself down. Haha yep I’m sure he’ll be super excited when he meets the new arrival :)

Aw no! Really? I don’t think I’d be v happy with the OH if he went away this close :( will you be able to stay with anyone if u need to?

Yeah thats it, it is very close to baby! I will be staying home with the dog lol but do have other family to call just in case baby decides to make an early appearance..

You should make some lovely plans of your own this weekend if you can take your mind off the football. Manicure and meet a friend for lunch or have a friend call over and order in take away. Feet up and relax time.

I am so tired today and my head feels a bit funny but have agreed to meet a friend for lunch. I know once I get up and get going I will feel a million times better.

Sounds fab I will defo do something nice for myself! I am the same, once you are showered and dressed you always feel the better of getting out of the house. My highlight today is going for a food shop ha

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jodee08

kylith wrote: »

I hear ya! I never thought I’d crave a bowl of cornflakes with freezing cold milk & lots of sugar!
    Walking around the supermarket these days is like one giant temptation. I want everything I can’t have!

Yep! Had the same last week with my OH. He claimed he had the flu (a bad cold). Why he thought he’d get sympathy from this quarter, I do not know!!

One high read, two totally normal reads so home again from perinatal and back to clinic on Wednesday. Then physio in the Coombe Thursday too. That’s too many visits in one bloody week.

I’m so so done already and now I’m worried everything’s looking good they’ll let me go 10 over and I’m totally not comfortable with that as I’ve too many risk factors, many of which increase my risk of stillbirth after term. Guess I’ll talk to them on Wednesday.

Today has been suuuuuper uncomfortable and I can no longer tell if things are SPD, digestion, baby moving or contraction related. I think I’m a bit grumpy

On the upside I had a fabulous lunch out with my OH

Aaaaaand. Sick three year old! Crèche rang with a very high temp! Hopefully it’s viral and he keeps it to himself

One high read, two totally normal reads so home again from perinatal and back to clinic on Wednesday. Then physio in the Coombe Thursday too. That’s too many visits in one bloody week.

I’m so so done already and now I’m worried everything’s looking good they’ll let me go 10 over and I’m totally not comfortable with that as I’ve too many risk factors, many of which increase my risk of stillbirth after term. Guess I’ll talk to them on Wednesday.

Today has been suuuuuper uncomfortable and I can no longer tell if things are SPD, digestion, baby moving or contraction related. I think I’m a bit grumpy

On the upside I had a fabulous lunch out with my OH

Glad that you had two normal readings. You will be tired from all the appointments this week.
    How many weeks are you now? They might not let you go over at all I'm sure they will be keeping a good eye on you. And you never know you might go yourself in the mean time. Those ten days are like a lifetime aren't they.

Glad you had a nice lunch though. I had brunch with a friend and omg the heartburn since. Its torture.

I am not getting out of bed until the school collection tomorrow I'm having a day of rest.

• Advertisement

I am not getting out of bed until the school collection tomorrow I'm having a day of rest.

Have you Zantac or anything for the heartburn?

Full day off sounds like a great plan!

I think I’m just a negative Nellie today lol. It’s been one of those days

Apart from your 25 trips to the loo for a wee!

Feeling totally floored today. Lay down for an hour while toddler napped. Finally started to drift off after maybe 30 mins and needed the loo again. Our bathroom is downstairs so by the time you're down and back up again, you're wide awake.

37 weeks tomorrow. Getting the mildest little cramps and tightenings at the bottom of the bump. Wish they were a bit stronger!

Have you Zantac or anything for the heartburn?

Full day off sounds like a great plan!

I think I’m just a negative Nellie today lol. It’s been one of those days

I have zantac but it's causing more problems than help.

Apart from your 25 trips to the loo for a wee!

Feeling totally floored today. Lay down for an hour while toddler napped. Finally started to drift off after maybe 30 mins and needed the loo again. Our bathroom is downstairs so by the time you're down and back up again, you're wide awake.

37 weeks tomorrow. Getting the mildest little cramps and tightenings at the bottom of the bump. Wish they were a bit stronger!

That's one pregnancy symptom I didn't get all the weeing. Strange isn't it. But I had enough other rubbish to contend with so don't be too jealous. Oh that is so annoying about the bathroom being so far away and waking up too much . Hopefully u will have a good rest tonight

Ugh I should’ve stayed in bed today. Went in for my check with MLU and mentioned I was a little itchy which, after blood tests, means I’ve high Liver salts and now I’m out of the MLU which in itself is no big deal, just scared me after a very uneventful pregnancy. Went home with an appointment for later in the week and just as I got home I got a call to tell me to come back as they were going to keep me in. Dunno how long i’ll Be in for :(

Ugh I should’ve stayed in bed today. Went in for my check with MLU and mentioned I was a little itchy which, after blood tests, means I’ve high Liver salts and now I’m out of the MLU which in itself is no big deal, just scared me after a very uneventful pregnancy. Went home with an appointment for later in the week and just as I got home I got a call to tell me to come back as they were going to keep me in. Dunno how long i’ll Be in for :(

Ah Panda I am sorry. What hospital are you with? Hopefully all will be ok and you'll be home before long. At least you know you're in the best place and being well looked-after. Please keep us updated on how you're getting on.

Awh bummer Panda that sucks.

My lads pretty sick. Doses with Calpol at 5 and Sent daddy off to pick up the thermoscan I’ve been meaning to get for ages. By 7 he was 39.9 and having full blown chills. we’ve now got neurofen on board and it’s going to be a long night I suspect

Ah god panda, so now another one of us has been admitted, hopefully you will be out soon and the food is better wherever you are!! Do they think it is that cholastisis or however you spell it!!

Mirror wall, that Is awful, horrible when a child is sick and you feel so helpless. Hope the temp has come down a bit now, I suppose you are looking at a and e if it keeps going up, last thing you need right now!

oh no panda. Hope you won't be in for too long and that they are taking good care of you.

• Advertisement

Awh bummer Panda that sucks.

My lads pretty sick. Doses with Calpol at 5 and Sent daddy off to pick up the thermoscan I’ve been meaning to get for ages. By 7 he was 39.9 and having full blown chills. we’ve now got neurofen on board and it’s going to be a long night I suspect

Awe mirrorwall I hope he gets better very soon.

Advertisement