Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

October 2018 Babies club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭threepeas

greenttc wrote: »
    Ah god panda, so now another one of us has been admitted, hopefully you will be out soon and the food is better wherever you are!! Do they think it is that cholastisis or however you spell it!!

Mirror wall, that Is awful, horrible when a child is sick and you feel so helpless. Hope the temp has come down a bit now, I suppose you are looking at a and e if it keeps going up, last thing you need right now!

Wasc the food any better today? Hope they are taking good care of you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

threepeas wrote: »
    Wasc the food any better today? Hope they are taking good care of you

Think you are getting me mixed up with cashQ I am at home lying on my couch (thankfully!) but I can see how my message might have been worded in a confusing way!

Hope the food was better for cash too though! For some reason my appetite, which was non existent for the past few months has ramped up big time this week so I can only imagine how awful it would be to not have what you want to eat

Think you are getting me mixed up with cashQ I am at home lying on my couch (thankfully!) but I can see how my message might have been worded in a confusing way!

Hope the food was better for cash too though! For some reason my appetite, which was non existent for the past few months has ramped up big time this week so I can only imagine how awful it would be to not have what you want to eat

Sorry yes I am getting confused ha ha baby brain has definitely set in here for me.
    Maybe your body needs the extra energy for labour I say feed those cravings.

Sorry yes I am getting confused ha ha baby brain has definitely set in here for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Me too. I am absolutely ravenous the last few days. An hour after dinner i’m back in front of the fridge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

God I’m exhausted. Temp broke around 11 and he got proper cold. Then around 2 it started climbing again and he got restless. Lots of chats with a very tired Mammy in between lol. He’s in good form this morning though so hopefully he’s on the mend

On top of it I had to pass over to the OH around 3am because I was having timetable contractions. They kept waking me up over the next two hours but apart from SPD agony (yes I lifted the three year old-he was sooooo sad) and feeling like I’m constantly constipated (I’m not) it’s eased off. For now I’m good with that-labour on top of sickness in the house would not be ideal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Cash_Q has been unusually quiet... especially considering she's stuck in hospital with not a lot to do. I wonder if there's any news there?!

37 weeks today and getting impatient. The next 3 (or 5!) weeks are going to be slow to pass......

God I’m exhausted. Temp broke around 11 and he got proper cold. Then around 2 it started climbing again and he got restless. Lots of chats with a very tired Mammy in between lol. He’s in good form this morning though so hopefully he’s on the mend

On top of it I had to pass over to the OH around 3am because I was having timetable contractions. They kept waking me up over the next two hours but apart from SPD agony (yes I lifted the three year old-he was sooooo sad) and feeling like I’m constantly constipated (I’m not) it’s eased off. For now I’m good with that-labour on top of sickness in the house would not be ideal!

Sounds like something might be happening for you. Hope your little one is alot better this morning.

I'm exhausted i don't know how much more I can go on. Was late going to bed and early waking up the heartburn and vomiting took hold around 7am. Will definitely be a lazy day but not so relaxing with those symptoms.

I had a pain really low down yesterday evening was sure id be waking up in labour. But it was more of an spd pain than a pressure pain if I'm honest. The disappointment I can't take any more of it.

Catrionanic you remind me of myself with the 3-5 weeks. Wouldn't it be lovely if a due date was just guaranteed. I'm not one for loving surprises anyway. I'm on the two week countdown now anyway but I'd prefer if it was sooner rather than later

I keep trying to tell myself Oct 24th (10 over) instead of 14th but fail miserably. 19 days is much more appealing. Honestly I reckon last night was a combination of exhaustion and SPD setting me off. Hot water bottle on my lower back this morning is blissful.

The last few weeks are pretty miserable for everyone. I’m so sorry you are still throwing up though-that is just awful!

• Advertisement

Cash_Q has been unusually quiet... especially considering she's stuck in hospital with not a lot to do. I wonder if there's any news there?!

I wondered the exact same yesterday!!! Hope all is okay!

threepeas wrote: »

Oh the baby brain is Strong here too!!!!

Mirror and peas sounds like you both had a tough night. And a sick toddler thrown into the mix is unimaginable, so glad you are over the worst of it with the three year old though!

Spd is such a scourge and I am totally suffering with it too but I think the whole pressure from the baby burrowing is just really aggravating it. I totally get the feeling of constipation mirror wall, I am the same as you.

And to think i was completely comfortable and happy to wait with the first baby, it's such a contrast this time around!

Mirrorwall, the 24th is a full moon so you may be onto something there!! Holles St let you go 14 days over so I may not have baba until 30th!

So sorry to hear you're vomiting, threepeas. That is so miserable. I always feel really sorry for myself when I've nausea and/or vomiting. I hope it stops and you get a bit of a rest today.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Orange369

I am the same as you girls, 37 weeks tomorrow and 3 more weeks seems bearable (just) but 5 weeks is too long! The Coombe let you go 10-11 days over.. I ended up in there yday for 4 hours :( BP was quiet high at home with headaches so gave the assessment unit call and they said to come in with an over night bag.. Lucky it went down a bit when I was there so no need to keep me in.. The place was so so packed tho, there was a few women in full labour waiting in the assessment unit, felt so sorry for them and it made me very nervous for when I do arrive in labour that I will be left sitting there. One women waters broke 2.5 hrs ago and pains every 3 mins, she was trying to be quiet and clearly in pain, she was sitting there for about 20 mins and went to the window to say she was struggling and the midwife was like yeah there is a queue take a seat!! I understand they are very busy but just felt awful for her! I cant imagine sitting there in full labour, but hopefully that was an extra busy day and it wont be as bad when I go in.. Defo gives you an insight what to expect while waiting in the busy assessment unit

Orange369 wrote: »
    I am the same as you girls, 37 weeks tomorrow and 3 more weeks seems bearable (just) but 5 weeks is too long! The Coombe let you go 10-11 days over.. I ended up in there yday for 4 hours :( BP was quiet high at home with headaches so gave the assessment unit call and they said to come in with an over night bag.. Lucky it went down a bit when I was there so no need to keep me in.. The place was so so packed tho, there was a few women in full labour waiting in the assessment unit, felt so sorry for them and it made me very nervous for when I do arrive in labour that I will be left sitting there. One women waters broke 2.5 hrs ago and pains every 3 mins, she was trying to be quiet and clearly in pain, she was sitting there for about 20 mins and went to the window to say she was struggling and the midwife was like yeah there is a queue take a seat!! I understand they are very busy but just felt awful for her! I cant imagine sitting there in full labour, but hopefully that was an extra busy day and it wont be as bad when I go in.. Defo gives you an insight what to expect while waiting in the busy assessment unit

Oh my god that sounds horrific!! What a way to be treated when you are at your most vulnerable, that is awful. It sounds like a cattle mart rather than a maternity hospital. I wonder what holles Street is like, as I said before, having an I diction meant that I was in a bed from the beginning so didn't have any assessments or waiting in queues, am I in for a very very different experience?

Oh my god that sounds horrific!! What a way to be treated when you are at your most vulnerable, that is awful. It sounds like a cattle mart rather than a maternity hospital. I wonder what holles Street is like, as I said before, having an I diction meant that I was in a bed from the beginning so didn't have any assessments or waiting in queues, am I in for a very very different experience?

I know I was really nervous leaving the place last night after seeing at least 2 women in full on labour being told to sit down and wait in the queue. It's like they thought ah first baby there is no rush to see them but if a women is clearly in pain I think she should be seen to first.. To be honest thats my first ever negitave experience in the Coombe so I am really hoping it was just understaffed and extra busy.. From what I gather anyway when you think right this is it baby is coming, you go into assessment unit and wait to be seen (I was one hour before I wad even seen) then they will check you do a trace etc and see if you should go home or stay in. One girl asked for the epidural and the midwife said no we give you an injection first for the pain its called pethadine.. It was like she wasnt really given a choice. From the antenatal classes and research I dont want pethadine I dont like the sound of the side affects at all, so now my worry is if I go in less than 4cms you are kinda left in pain and in a waiting room until things progress, I would rather wait in the car than the assessment waiting room tbh.. I hope this doesnt freak anyone out at all just my experience but as I said hopefully it was just overly busy and wont be like that for us

Oh my god that's awful it wouldn't really make you want to wait at home as long as possible would it. I'm sure the staff are doing their very best though.

I'm glad you were let home again hope you get some rest and keep the BP down.

I'm on the salty crackers again this morning. So tempted to go for a long walk even though I am so tired. I don't know would it do more harm than good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Thanks for the concern ladies! No baby yet! I was given propess at 11.45 yesterday and it had a very strong effect on me, I was in agony and they finally took it out after 5 hours rather than 24. Given pethidine and gas and air none of which helped until about 7pm. Dr came at 7.45am and said I'm suitable to have my waters broken, so just waiting on a bed to become available in the delivery ward before they do so! Hopefully baby will be here by late tonight or tomorrow!

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Thanks for the concern ladies! No baby yet! I was given propess at 11.45 yesterday and it had a very strong effect on me, I was in agony and they finally took it out after 5 hours rather than 24. Given pethidine and gas and air none of which helped until about 7pm. Dr came at 7.45am and said I'm suitable to have my waters broken, so just waiting on a bed to become available in the delivery ward before they do so! Hopefully baby will be here by late tonight or tomorrow!

Wow cash! So we will have our first baby soon! Hope your feeling okay and even a lite excited! Life is just about to change forever, definitely for the better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jodee08

Ooooh! It's very real Cash. Thinking of you! x

Glad you're doing well, although you must be exhausted! Hopefully all progresses smoothly for you once waters are broken. Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

OMG Cash, I'm so excited for you. Good luck, and we look forward to hearing about baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭audi02

Aaah this is sooo exciting. Alot of us envy you right now as we struggle on thru the uncomrtable stage.

Hang in there ladies its all worth it in the end..

Best of luck Cash will be dyin to hear the news.

Best of luck cash can't wait to hear the update.

Awh that’s brilliant, best of luck!!

Sitting in assessment for reduced fetal movement which I needed like a hole in the head I’m so tired! Of course he woke up the minute the damn trace went on and now I’m stuck waiting for a doc to review. His heart rate went sky high on movements though, way more than my first (he was up to 195!!) but reactive is good as far as I know.

Now just dying to get home and sleep some. Nearly bedtime for the three year old-bring it on!

Edit: second trace to check as baselineHR high but this one looks perfect. 5 minutes to hometime. Except it’s rush hour darn it!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Panda18

Hi! They’ve decided to start inducing me tomorrow ... looks like I’m going to have a September baby now!!

Panda18 wrote: »
    Hi! They’ve decided to start inducing me tomorrow ... looks like I’m going to have a September baby now!!

Oh my goodness that’s amazing!! How far are you?

Oh my goodness that’s amazing!! How far are you?

It turns out it was cholestatis that I have. I had my fasting bloods taken this morning and they explained that if everything was ok I’d be sent home, if it was slightly raised I’d be sent home with medication and I’f it was high I’d have to be induced (i’ll Be 39 weeks on Friday). An acceptable level is between 0-6 and I was 11.8 :-/ so I’m being kept in tonight and i’ll Be given prostin(?) in the morning and if it doesn’t work my waters will be broken Thursday morning.
    I’m excited and apprehensive at the same time, can’t believe the time is here now

• Advertisement

It turns out it was cholestatis that I have. I had my fasting bloods taken this morning and they explained that if everything was ok I’d be sent home, if it was slightly raised I’d be sent home with medication and I’f it was high I’d have to be induced (i’ll Be 39 weeks on Friday). An acceptable level is between 0-6 and I was 11.8 :-/ so I’m being kept in tonight and i’ll Be given prostin(?) in the morning and if it doesn’t work my waters will be broken Thursday morning.
    I’m excited and apprehensive at the same time, can’t believe the time is here now

You’ll do fantastic. The best of luck!!

Just saw this Cash, best of luck with everything! I’m getting the propess tomorrow morning

Omg the babies will be coming thick and fast now. Best of luck with it can't wait to hear the announcement

Awh that’s brilliant, best of luck!!

Sitting in assessment for reduced fetal movement which I needed like a hole in the head I’m so tired! Of course he woke up the minute the damn trace went on and now I’m stuck waiting for a doc to review. His heart rate went sky high on movements though, way more than my first (he was up to 195!!) but reactive is good as far as I know.

Now just dying to get home and sleep some. Nearly bedtime for the three year old-bring it on!

Edit: second trace to check as baselineHR high but this one looks perfect. 5 minutes to hometime. Except it’s rush hour darn it!

Awe mirrorwall goodnews that the trace looks good. Hope you are nearly home and will be putting the feet up very soon.

Oh panda and early baby for you too!!!

The race is on now, who will be first cash or panda!? :-)

Can't remember If ye know the gender of your babies? Excited to hear what ye have

• Advertisement

Good luck to you both currently being induced!! Cant wait to hear your good news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭clacla82

Best of luck to Cash and Panda!!! Eagerly awaiting news xx

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Jutton

So exciting for ye both, making me nervous tho that means it's getting close to my time, I'm not till end October, still working but still so much I want to do around house. OH works v long hours so is not much use.

Bawled my eyes out on the doc this morning over SPD pain. Once I started one tear I couldn’t stop. Mortified! Requested induction even at term, I just need an end date at this stage for my own head but consultant not in so have to come back to see her next week. At least then I could feel like making it through a day or night is one step closer

Hope all the inductions are going well!

Oh and as an aside, just got my flu jab for anyone considering it the pharmacies have it now. I’m asthmatic so would be getting it anyways

Bawled my eyes out on the doc this morning over SPD pain. Once I started one tear I couldn’t stop. Mortified! Requested induction even at term, I just need an end date at this stage for my own head but consultant not in so have to come back to see her next week. At least then I could feel like making it through a day or night is one step closer

Hope all the inductions are going well!

Oh and as an aside, just got my flu jab for anyone considering it the pharmacies have it now. I’m asthmatic so would be getting it anyways

Awe mirrorwall don't be mortified these things happen. Hopefully next week the consultant will be able to give you some more hope. Be kind to yourself its very hard. Spd is total torture and its hard to get perspective with it but very soon it will ease alot.

Hope the inductions are going well too.

I'm feeling not very pregnant today so maybe the calm before the storm

• Advertisement

Everyone is getting a bit fed up with the waiting now :( what is everyonea opinions on the flu injection? I never usually get it but would we pass immunity onto the baby even if we got it as this stage? I do normally get some colds and sore throats in winter but not flu thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭clacla82

Everyone is getting a bit fed up with the waiting now :( what is everyonea opinions on the flu injection? I never usually get it but would we pass immunity onto the baby even if we got it as this stage? I do normally get some colds and sore throats in winter but not flu thankfully

I am exactly the same. I work in health, but the flu vaccine is something I just have no inclination to get - it only covers a few strains, I haven't gotten flu since I was a child - just usual colds and the odd bout of winter vomiting bug! My GP advised it the other day but I am not sure I will bother... although also have the fear it's the wrong decision.

I got the flu vaccine on Monday, it only protects you, doesn't get to the baby at all according to my gp. But I had no question in my mind about getting it, I got the flu about two months before baby 1 was born and it was horrific, was surprised I wasn't admitted to holles Street with it and I hadnt had it before. Not taking any chances this time. Have made my husband and parents get it too seeing as they will be in contact with baby a lot, can't imagine how awful it would be having a baby who had the flu!

Don't see any harm in it, only good in my mind but everyone definitely has to think about it for themselves or talk to their doctor

My understanding of the flu vaccine is that we are particularly vulnerable to catching flu while pregnant and post-partum as our immune systems are suppressed. Therefore if we do get sick with it, we would end up extremely sick, and much more sick that your average person who catches it (flu is truly awful, by the way. It can be very serious).

I can't imagine trying to care for a little baby while being so sick. And then there's the high chance of giving the flu to your baby, who is even more vulnerable because their immune system is yet to develop.

Absolutely not worth the risk, IMO. I will be getting it next week.

Just out of 37 week midwife appt there. Apparently head is engaged, which I thought didn't usually happen until you're in labour on your second baby, but there we go.

Everyone keeps telling me that my bump is one of the smallest they've ever seen. Midwife said it was small too, but it's measuring close enough to dates so Idk why people keep saying that.

I've spent most of this morning crying. So much stress at the minute. Really really struggling now. The end of pregnancy with a toddler is so hard. Although while I was crying, he looked at me and said, "mammy crying", then put his hands over his face and made big sobbing sounds to mock me!!! Hard not to laugh at that.

Hoping the fact that the head is engaged and I'm having so many pressure pains means I won't go overdue. Must get a birthing ball.

Do others feel a lot of uncomfortable pressure when the midwife feels your tummy? It's sore when they press on baba as I feel like there's no room in there at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 WeatherRocks

Im just out of my 38 week appointment, and they said the same that babys head is engaged by 2 fingers depth ? (also my 2nd baby) She said very unlikely to go overdue as my first came on his due date. She said to keep doing lunges and going up and down the stairs.
    Feeling your pain Catrionanic - me and my 3 year old are now in bed watching tv. Anything to get to when my OH can take over

me and my 3 year old are now in bed watching tv. Anything to get to when my OH can take over

This sounds exactly like me, everything is just done in anticipation of husband getting home!

I had my 39 week appointment today, wonder if we passed by each other caitriona, didnt think you were a Wednesday person! I had a complete dope of a doctor, took so so long reading all my files and talking about completely unrelated health things I was so annoyed with her! And I actually couldn't understand much of what she was saying due to a very strong accent. Wasn't arsed asking her to repeat herself as I had no respect for what she was saying anyway so a useless appointment from my point of view, oh well, I'll be asking for my consultant if I walk in and today's doctor is there this week. So anyway, no clue if the head is engaged or anything and I am not too bothered to be honest!

So warm today, had a coat on yesterday and a t shirt today?

I’m head down but not engaged. At least I think that’s what she said. I was really surprised to have a doc (albeit not the consultant) seeing people by 830. Fastest appointment time ever for me.

My lad has been out of crèche because of the temp and bloody hell I can’t get over how much mobility I’ve lost trying to mind him on my own. It’s ridiculous!

Looks like everyone is reaching the fed up stage now. On the positive side, we’re close I guess! They have to come out at some stage

Ah greenttc, I'm doing domino so never go near the hospital! Sorry to hear you had an unpersonable doctor. Hopefully next week will be better.

Ah greenttc, I'm doing domino so never go near the hospital! Sorry to hear you had an unpersonable doctor. Hopefully next week will be better.

Ah that's right, now that you say it I remember you are on domino scheme, so jealous, would have loved to do that too. Stupid preexisting illness!!!

Nothing drives me more insane than incompetent doctors who don't really seem to care for the person in front of them at all, even worse is when they think you know nothing and don't listen. I had to ask this doctor the same question three times, she totally ignored me until I had to say, excuse me, you are not answering my question at all! God she was awful. I would love to write her some feedback for her own learning, she was useless.

Rant over!

• Advertisement
Advertisement