Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

October 2018 Babies club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

Congratulations! So exciting to start hearing of October babies arriving!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Awh that’s brilliant Cash_q, congratulations!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Thanks everyone, can't believe she's the first! She's great. Still in til tomorrow but the staff are so incredibly helpful it's worth hanging on. She was 3 weeks early plus measuring 5 weeks early and has lost some weight and hasn't got much to lose so need to build her up again before we go. She's unbelievable, just like a doll and a dream come true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

Do you know what the great thing is cash, if you are anything like i was, that feeling of awe and amazement that she is here and is real and that you really did make her doesn’t really fade, it even grows a bit. Its incredible isnt it? Enjoy every second!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭audi02

Aaah Cash great news delighted for you.Mind yourself after the section people dont realise how big of an operation it is. Absolutely delighted for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Entropy7

Congratulations Cash_Q! Welcome to the world little girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Entropy7

Congratulations Cash_Q! Welcome to the world little girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Delighted for you Cash! Wonderful news :D Welcome, baby girl!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭threepeas

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Thanks everyone, can't believe she's the first! She's great. Still in til tomorrow but the staff are so incredibly helpful it's worth hanging on. She was 3 weeks early plus measuring 5 weeks early and has lost some weight and hasn't got much to lose so need to build her up again before we go. She's unbelievable, just like a doll and a dream come true.

What size was she cash? Hope ye get home soon. Its amazing how fast they grow once they get back up to the birth weight. And then you turn around and suddenly they are 5 years old. Enjoy every minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

You have a few weeks to get them back up to birth weight so don't stress too much, you'll get there.

Do keep us updated on how you're both getting on!

I must admit, I'm jealous!

• Advertisement

Baby very quiet today. Wondering if I need to go in. Typical timing though because I've nobody to mind toddler, husband working late as he's under pressure to get stuff done in preparation for a trip to England on Monday.

I hate having an anterior placenta. It makes it so much harder to judge.

Baby very quiet today. Wondering if I need to go in. Typical timing though because I've nobody to mind toddler, husband working late as he's under pressure to get stuff done in preparation for a trip to England on Monday.

Did you try and ice cold drink? Lie on your left side and play music to bump...That usually works

audi02 wrote: »
    Did you try and ice cold drink? Lie on your left side and play music to bump...That usually works

Good advice. I've not been eating or drinking much today so gonna try that and hopefully get him wriggling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Always get any perceived reduced movements checked out. Seriously.

Good advice. I've not been eating or drinking much today so gonna try that and hopefully get him wriggling.

Do and certainly get it checked if yave anymore doubt. Sometimes I find when youre so busy ya don't take notice of movements its only when ya sit down you feel them more again.

He's started doing his jigs and reels this last hour or so, so I think we are good!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Orange369

He's started doing his jigs and reels this last hour or so, so I think we are good!

Its always the way! My baby is so much more active in evening and night than daytime..

That’s great catrionanic.

Here in assessment again tonight with BP borderline high. Pain in the neck coz I know it’s not high enough to keep me, they’ll send me home again 😂I held off all day but it’s just sticking up around the 140/85

That’s great catrionanic.

Here in assessment again tonight with BP borderline high. Pain in the neck coz I know it’s not high enough to keep me, they’ll send me home again 😂I held off all day but it’s just sticking up around the 140/85

Oh no hope you are ok :( Are you keeping an eye on it at home? Mine is high at home earlier it was 150/101!! But yday in the GP it was within normal range, I did have a very small trace of protein tho too.. GP advised against testing at home as she said it will make me more stretched if it is high.. I am in 2 minds all the time to test it and if its high go into assessment but I spent 4 hrs there on Monday and they sent me home so its hard to know whats for best.. I am due back in to see consultant Tues morn for 38 week app so guess I will get more of an update then

• Advertisement

Orange369 wrote: »
    Oh no hope you are ok :( Are you keeping an eye on it at home? Mine is high at home earlier it was 150/101!! But yday in the GP it was within normal range, I did have a very small trace of protein tho too.. GP advised against testing at home as she said it will make me more stretched if it is high.. I am in 2 minds all the time to test it and if its high go into assessment but I spent 4 hrs there on Monday and they sent me home so its hard to know whats for best.. I am due back in to see consultant Tues morn for 38 week app so guess I will get more of an update then

Ring. They’ll tell you to come in with that number. I questioned could I just stay home until it climbed properly and they were like hell no in you come. Tbh I’ve been kept over night with your number so I’d bring a bag too. Pregnancy hypertension is a pain because you do end up in and out of assessment if it’s not uncontrollable

That’s unusual, I’ve been told to monitor by both GP and hospital as it helps eliminate white coat syndrome. I do have a proper upper arm monitor and follow best practise sitting etc to be sure it’s reasonably accurate

Thanks, I only have a €25 monitor from Argos.. I tested there and on left arm I got 140/91 then on right arm it was higher at 153/102.. I am thinking that cant be very accurate!! I will test again in half hr see what it says.. Might go down to the chemist 1st thing and get them to test it as I will know then if my monitor is playing up or else it is actually high..

Well that was a waste of my time and an obnoxious midwife has me crying my eyes out now in the car on the way home. They bloody told me to come in. I even asked could I just stay home as it was borderline and just high pulse and got the ‘no you need to come in’. Then I get the midwife from hell who tells me home monitors are a waste of time so there was no need to come (I’m on docs orders to monitor).

Edit: removed most of overtired rant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

What a nightmare Mirrorwall! Don't let her get to you, stay strong; the end is in sight now and soon you'll have a wee baba that will make it all worthwhile.

kylith wrote: »
    What a nightmare Mirrorwall! Don't let her get to you, stay strong; the end is in sight now and soon you'll have a wee baba that will make it all worthwhile.

Big chat and a hug from the other half and I’m in better form. Chocolate and a bath now lol

Big chat and a hug from the other half and I’m in better form. Chocolate and a bath now lol

Awe, main thing is that all is ok but I know I would be the very same. I'd probably cry all the way home, no need of that treatment is there. It would put you off ringing the great time too which isn't good.

• Advertisement

Oh this is good to hear thank goodness. I had a few times when I was stressed out over the movement too. The good strong kicks after are reassuring.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Panda18

I had a baby girl yesterday evening! 3 days since induction started. Very sore and pretty shook but it’s so worth it. I can’t believe I’m a Mam! She’s just gorgeous :) I’ve to stay in hospital until Monday as I had a pretty high temperature after giving birth and They have to give both of us antibiotics for a few days incase we have an infection

Panda18 wrote: »
    I had a baby girl yesterday evening! 3 days since induction started. Very sore and pretty shook but it’s so worth it. I can’t believe I’m a Mam! She’s just gorgeous :) I’ve to stay in hospital until Monday as I had a pretty high temperature after giving birth and They have to give both of us antibiotics for a few days incase we have an infection

Aahh congrats Panda...great news delighted for you. How big was your little one? Mind yourself now, the midwives are great while youre still sore.

Its so good hearin all the great news, especially when sleep is getting very limited these days due to been so uncomfortable.

Ah congrats panda18 on your baby girl! Delighted for you. Hope all settles quickly and that the postnatal wards are kind to you. Enjoy her!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Panda18

audi02 wrote: »
    Aahh congrats Panda...great news delighted for you. How big was your little one? Mind yourself now, the midwives are great while youre still sore.

Its so good hearin all the great news, especially when sleep is getting very limited these days due to been so uncomfortable.

Thanks! She’s 7lbs 6ozs and the calmest little baby(for now! :D )

Yeah I have to say the midwives are just amazing, we’ve been looked after so well. Can’t wait to hear about all the new arrivals.

• Advertisement

Yeah I have to say the midwives are just amazing, we’ve been looked after so well. Can’t wait to hear about all the new arrivals.

They are very sleepy in the first 24-48 hours. Nature's way of letting mammy get some sleep. Use it to your advantage!

Yay, another girl! Huge congratulations panda, that's brilliant and good to hear you are being looked after so well!

Awh congrats Panda! That’s great newss

Ladies, those of you who got the flu shot has anyone been a bit under the weather? I think yesterday’s BP/heart rate and the body aching I woke up with this morning might be related. It’s that under the weather aches and pain as opposed to pregnancy

Congratulations 🎉 Fantastic to have another new arrival on the thread.

Ladies, those of you who got the flu shot has anyone been a bit under the weather? I think yesterday’s BP/heart rate and the body aching I woke up with this morning might be related. It’s that under the weather aches and pain as opposed to pregnancy

I’m not having mine until Tuesday but I hear it can cause a raised temperature which could lead to all the other symptoms. Hopefully they’ll pass quickly. The pregnancy symptoms are bad enough without anymore aches being added in!

aidom wrote: »
    I’m not having mine until Tuesday but I hear it can cause a raised temperature which could lead to all the other symptoms. Hopefully they’ll pass quickly. The pregnancy symptoms are bad enough without anymore aches being added in!

I just realised the aches is probably a combination of the horrendous position for the trace last night and pain from being back on crutches!!

Pregnancy brain lol. Still feeling a little under the weather sinus wise but that’s pretty normal

Aah wow a fine little girl...well done you.

Congratulations panda on your lovely little girl. Hope they are taking good care of you both. Try get all the rest you can for the weekend.
    She was a good size wasn't she.

I didn't feel any different at all after mine and I had it on monday, my arm felt a little itchy on the injection site about two days after but that was as bad as it got!

• Advertisement

Well that was a waste of my time and an obnoxious midwife has me crying my eyes out now in the car on the way home. They bloody told me to come in. I even asked could I just stay home as it was borderline and just high pulse and got the ‘no you need to come in’. Then I get the midwife from hell who tells me home monitors are a waste of time so there was no need to come (I’m on docs orders to monitor).

Edit: removed most of overtired rant

Aww well you are right to get double checked out though in case, I kinda felt like that myself as the midwife was like eh why are you checking at home?? What is the reason for you checking at home.. But on the phone they act very concerned and say bring an overnight bag so its very hard to know what to do.. Maybe pop to Boots next time as their monitor should be more accurate than our at home ones

Aahh huge congrats Panda on your little girl!! Its great all the babies are starting to arrive safe and sound now.

Orange369 wrote: »
    Aww well you are right to get double checked out though in case, I kinda felt like that myself as the midwife was like eh why are you checking at home?? What is the reason for you checking at home.. But on the phone they act very concerned and say bring an overnight bag so its very hard to know what to do.. Maybe pop to Boots next time as their monitor should be more accurate than our at home ones

To be honest they’re just being thick, my GP used a standard omron digital one! What annoys me most is that I take mine correctly, sitting up etc. Then you get to the Coombe, they take it, it’s sky high so you are put in a bed lying down. Obviously it comes down, it’s a known phenomenon. It’s bizarre if you ask me. Pulse was over 130 when I arrived so I think that’s what was causing me to feel so crap. Eventually got under 110.

Picked up a bigger massage ball for my hip, holy Jesus does it hurt 😂😂😂

To be honest they’re just being thick, my GP used a standard omron digital one! What annoys me most is that I take mine correctly, sitting up etc. Then you get to the Coombe, they take it, it’s sky high so you are put in a bed lying down. Obviously it comes down, it’s a known phenomenon. It’s bizarre if you ask me. Pulse was over 130 when I arrived so I think that’s what was causing me to feel so crap. Eventually got under 110.

Picked up a bigger massage ball for my hip, holy Jesus does it hurt 😂😂😂

What's a massage ball? I'm not buying any more props at this stage though!

My BP reading was high at the checkup Thursday but after a while I started to relax and it came down. Keep an eye on it if you have been told to and don't be worried about phoning them and going in again. Hopefully next time you will meet someone nicer. Sure all that carry on would stress you out.

Can anyone recommend a good baby monitor apparently we need an upgrade. I thought it was fine but dh doesn't think so. I honestly don't even think we need one until baby goes into his own room but if it keeps husband happy now.

Probably want a good video display on it but not sure anything else is essential.

Maybe I will delegate this job to my husband.

I’m going for this from amazon I think GHB Baby Monitor Video Baby Monitor with Camera Wireless Baby Monitor 2.0" LCD Display Baby Lullaby Night Vision Temperature Monitoring 2 Way Talk https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01NH33SZ7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_N51RBbJHR6RWP

We used a proper ip camera and a cheap audio monitor on our first though

Husband picked it up on amazon for me and the physio showed me where to use it. I’ve tried foam rolling before and couldn’t coordinate it. This is literally put the ball on the sore muscle, lean against a wall and roll it. Oweeee!! My sister said she uses her tumble dryer ball lol

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jodee08

Fantastic news Panda! Big congrats to you! x

I’m going for this from amazon I think GHB Baby Monitor Video Baby Monitor with Camera Wireless Baby Monitor 2.0" LCD Display Baby Lullaby Night Vision Temperature Monitoring 2 Way Talk https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01NH33SZ7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_N51RBbJHR6RWP

We used a proper ip camera and a cheap audio monitor on our first though

Husband picked it up on amazon for me and the physio showed me where to use it. I’ve tried foam rolling before and couldn’t coordinate it. This is literally put the ball on the sore muscle, lean against a wall and roll it. Oweeee!! My sister said she uses her tumble dryer ball lol

Thanks mirrorwall.
    Oh when I was at the physio early on she told me to use a tennis ball so maybe similar concept. Have also used foam roller at times when I used to do a bit of running. It really gets into the muscles but I imagine it be hard in pregnancy to balance on it. It wouldn't be worth the risk to me anyway.

Last day of September tomorrow we are getting there.

• Advertisement

threepeas wrote: »
    Thanks mirrorwall.
    Oh when I was at the physio early on she told me to use a tennis ball so maybe similar concept. Have also used foam roller at times when I used to do a bit of running. It really gets into the muscles but I imagine it be hard in pregnancy to balance on it. It wouldn't be worth the risk to me anyway.

Yeah tennis ball is what I was using but these are a lot less forgiving!!

Nearly there indeed. It’s been a long month

Advertisement