Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

October 2018 Babies club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Congrats Panda! Delighted to hear that the little one has arrived :D

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭audi02

threepeas wrote: »
    Last day of September tomorrow we are getting there.

I was thinkin this earlier too....whats everyone's due dates? Who's first? Im the 14th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

audi02 wrote: »
    I was thinkin this earlier too....whats everyone's due dates? Who's first? Im the 14th.

14th for me too

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Entropy7

14th for me too

16th

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Jutton

Not till 28th here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Orange369

Mine is the 17th!! Thought of going til the 27th kill me!! Are all hospitals the same with letting you go 10 days over? Coombe says 10/11 max..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

I'm the 3rd! This Wednesday! Agh!

Orange369 wrote: »
    Mine is the 17th!! Thought of going til the 27th kill me!! Are all hospitals the same with letting you go 10 days over? Coombe says 10/11 max..

Holles Street is 14 days

greenttc wrote: »
    I'm the 3rd! This Wednesday! Agh!

Aaahh so lucky!! Almost there.. I am in a group on FB too and loads have had their babies cant help be even more impatient :) Do you have any section or induction planned yet if you go over or at what stage is that all discussed?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

I’m due the 18th. There’s no sign of any movement yet but I have Gestational Diabetes so I’m not sure how far they’ll let me go over.

I was kind of hoping they’d induce me early because of it but I’m diet controlled, my sugars have been fine and the baby isn’t showing any signs of being too big so they say there’s no reason to intervene.

I’m feeling very impatient to get started now!

• Advertisement

So we line up?
    Cash_Q Born 25th September
    Panda18 Born 28th September
    Greenttc 3rd Oct
    Mirrorwall14 14th Oct
    Entropy7 16th Oct
    Aidom 18th Oct
    Clacla82 11th Oct
    Orange369 17th Oct
    Jutton 28th Oct

Last night was my first officially proper uncomfortable night with braxton hicks/contractions waking me up and making me super uncomfortable. Nothing timeable at all, just enough to disrupt my already poor sleep pattern! He's also moved a bit again because there's definitely something stuck up under my right rib now lol. So long as he's head down still all is good though

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Congrats on the new arrivals girls!Mirrorwall, hopefully thats the start of your body getting ready.I always kind of welcomed it...meant an end was in sight!!!But I sympathise, it's tough.

shesty wrote: »
    Congrats on the new arrivals girls!Mirrorwall, hopefully thats the start of your body getting ready.I always kind of welcomed it...meant an end was in sight!!!But I sympathise, it's tough.

Fingers crossed :). I'm literally at the "Googling ________ labour sign" stage lol. Very unexpectedly threw up yesterday afternoon for no apparent reason, it was like a throw back to first trimester. My husband was like "go" (to the bathroom) and I was like, "no, no, sure I'm fine", and five seconds later I had dropped crutches to the floor and run :eek::D
    Pregnancy is just one big glamour fest!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭clacla82

Panda18 wrote: »
    I had a baby girl yesterday evening! 3 days since induction started. Very sore and pretty shook but it’s so worth it. I can’t believe I’m a Mam! She’s just gorgeous :) I’ve to stay in hospital until Monday as I had a pretty high temperature after giving birth and They have to give both of us antibiotics for a few days incase we have an infection

Congrats!!!! Another girl!! Hope recovery goes well Panda x

11th but my section is booked for earlier than that :)

Aaahh so lucky!! Almost there.. I am in a group on FB too and loads have had their babies cant help be even more impatient :) Do you have any section or induction planned yet if you go over or at what stage is that all discussed?

No, no plans like that at all, just wait until this baba is ready, and I wouldn't change it, while I am soooo uncomfortable I am not really in a rush to get them out either, I just think for me it will be better for it to all happen naturally, this is after an induction the last time!

Spd is killing me and my back was sore all night, turning over in bed and walking anywhere is a nightmare at this stage, but sure it can't be more than around 2 weeks to wait! Getting a bit nervous about delivery too, just not looking forward to it, ah well, has to happen!!

No, no plans like that at all, just wait until this baba is ready, and I wouldn't change it, while I am soooo uncomfortable I am not really in a rush to get them out either, I just think for me it will be better for it to all happen naturally, this is after an induction the last time!

Spd is killing me and my back was sore all night, turning over in bed and walking anywhere is a nightmare at this stage, but sure it can't be more than around 2 weeks to wait! Getting a bit nervous about delivery too, just not looking forward to it, ah well, has to happen!!

Yeah very true, better off to go naturally! I think its just the unknown that has me a bit stressed.. And as this is my rainbow baby I just want her here safe and sound as soon as possible at this stage, its been a very long pregnancy worrying about all the what ifs.. I hear you on the turning over in bed omg its like a burning pain across my pubic bone its horrific..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Ah greenttc, you are so close! I'm due 16th but maybe you'll go a few days over and I'll go a few days early and we can have a catchup in Holles St at the end of it all!

I really can't complain too much this pregnancy. Last time, I was ruined with SPD but it's really not too bad this time. Managed to go around Airfield yesterday morning and was only a bit sore after. Thankfully my sleep has improved over the last week. Last time, I was in too much pain to sleep. This time, it's been mainly mental health stuff that's stopped me sleeping, rather than pregnancy.

So as much as I'm all, "I wish this baby would come now", I'm also mindful that I should be grateful too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

clacla82 wrote: »
    11th but my section is booked for earlier than that :)

Lol, me too. Trying for vbac though, so gonna try get things going before that.

• Advertisement

Lol, me too. Trying for vbac though, so gonna try get things going before that.

A breech baby here so unless a miracle happens, nothing going to change at this stage! Here's hoping for VBAC the next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭threepeas

A breech baby here so unless a miracle happens, nothing going to change at this stage! Here's hoping for VBAC the next time!

Is it your first baby? I know someone who's baby turned at 38 weeks on their first. But I don't want to be giving you false hope.

I'm already due. Just have had two overdue pregnancies already so had a feeling from the start it would be the same.

Like catrionanic above on my second I was cursed with spd and this time I feel physically so much better. I am seriously struggling with the exhaustion now it's like nothing I've ever known. I have ample opportunity over the past month to sleep it off as my two are in school but it just isn't happening.

The hospital I attend didnt even mention induction until you get close to needing it. Loads of people go into after 40 weeks but before 41+ so I suppose they don't need to be pencilling in inductions too soon.

I remember on my first I was overdue by 3days and they told me come back again in a week for a checkup. I cried for about an hour at home after that appointment because I just thought still no plan. I went into labour the next day so try not to be too disappointed if this happens.

I’m due the 13th. With the GD they don’t like letting you over but the diet has worked well for me and baba doesn’t seem to be too big, so I’d really prefer not to be induced. Went to town yesterday and couldn’t believe how slow I was, an I’m paying for it in my hips today. I think I’ll be back in the pool later.

At least my cold seems to be getting better.

Yeah orange, you would think bed would be a comfortable, relaxing place but it is far from it! You can't stay on one side all night so turning is just inevitable!

I hear ya on the worrying all the time, I am so lucky for everything to have been okay for me with babies and my worry is bad so I can't imagine how it is for you. I think the referendum this year was a big hindrance though, made all the bad case stories come out and increase the worry tenfold! And now rotunda documentaries are the same (although I will binge watch them all once this baby is here!)

Ha caitriona, would be funny if we met in holles Street I will be listening out for your name and a mammy with a visit from a little boy called Liam with a Welsh daddy!

It really is all unknown isn't it? You v can plan to have a baby but beyond that it is all out of your hands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

Mine was breech first time round hence the section. Was also 6 weeks early, so thought id go early this time too. But baby seems happy enough in there for the moment.

Aah greenttc brill your time is nearly here...so lookin forward to hearin all the great news now.

Claca I'm also booked for a section as my baby was breech but at my last appointment on Thurs it had turned and I'm 38 today. Saying that I'd alot of movement again last night so I think it could have turned again.

Aah greenttc brill your time is nearly here...so lookin forward to hearin all the great news now.

Claca I'm also booked for a section as my baby was breech but at my last appointment on Thurs it had turned and I'm 38 today. Saying that I'd alot of movement again last night so I think it could have turned again.

If baby has turned does that mean they will cancel the section?

Yeah orange, you would think bed would be a comfortable, relaxing place but it is far from it! You can't stay on one side all night so turning is just inevitable!

I hear ya on the worrying all the time, I am so lucky for everything to have been okay for me with babies and my worry is bad so I can't imagine how it is for you. I think the referendum this year was a big hindrance though, made all the bad case stories come out and increase the worry tenfold! And now rotunda documentaries are the same (although I will binge watch them all once this baby is here!)

Ha caitriona, would be funny if we met in holles Street I will be listening out for your name and a mammy with a visit from a little boy called Liam with a Welsh daddy!

It really is all unknown isn't it? You v can plan to have a baby but beyond that it is all out of your hands

Very true the referendum didn't help at all!! Although I have to admit I have watched the 3 episodes of the Rotunda so far, very emotional now I have cried at each one as they show happy and sad stories but it is a great show

• Advertisement

If baby has turned does that mean they will cancel the section?

Im back again on Thursday to see but its up to me really. I'm in 2 minds my last baby was so big and ended up in an emergency section with a G.A that I really don't want that again. But I would also LOVE a natural birth.

Im back again on Thursday to see but its up to me really. I'm in 2 minds my last baby was so big and ended up in an emergency section with a G.A that I really don't want that again. But I would also LOVE a natural birth.

How big was your baby? That's a hard decision to make audi. I know a few friends had g. A on theirs and decided to go with elective sections the next time.

Very true the referendum didn't help at all!! Although I have to admit I have watched the 3 episodes of the Rotunda so far, very emotional now I have cried at each one as they show happy and sad stories but it is a great show

I watched two episodes. Its great but I'm anxious and the section nearly tipped me over the edge. Never seen one up close and personal. I had watched a bit of one born every minute but I think the screen usually censors that part. It is great to see all the different goings on though and makes me feel more grateful and understanding that's its not a happy visit to the hospital for everyone :(

threepeas wrote: »
    How big was your baby? That's a hard decision to make audi. I know a few friends had g. A on theirs and decided to go with elective sections the next time.

Ya thats the main reason I want an elective one because me or my OH didn't get to see him been born. He was 9lbs 10oz.

Ya thats the main reason I want an elective one because me or my OH didn't get to see him been born. He was 9lbs 10oz.

It's a tough one because so often the measurements they take of babies at this age are inaccurate. If you could be sure it's another big baby, it would make your decision easier.

Why did they have to do a GA? AFAIK most emergency sections are done under a spinal anaesthetic. Is it mainly the fact that you had to be put to sleep for it which puts you off going for a VBAC? By that I mean that if you could be 95% sure that even if an attempted VBAC ended in emergency section, but the section would be under a spinal rather than a GA, would you go for VBAC?

Awe that's pretty big isn't it. I know my friends said the same they didn't get to see them being born and would rather have the elective than try for the VBAC and risk having the ga again. I suppose there is no guarantees it makes it a very difficult decision for you, don't be beating yourself up over whatever decision you come to. Just prioritise what is top of your list and if that is being awake you know your decision, if that is trying the VBAC and so on. I think we can tie ourselves up in knots when things don't turn out the way we plan them. I'm the very same myself. Beating myself up because things turned out fine but second guessing myself because they were not exactly how I imagined.

• Advertisement

I'd rather not say why I had to have a GA while were all still awaiting our arrivals, I dont want to put anyone off. But I was thru it myself and it hasnt put me off going thru it again and a midwife told me my whole experience was one of the worst possible outcomes. They had told me last time our baby was around 7lbs, the consultant told me after if he knew it was so big I wouldve been sectioned alot sooner. But I was 10 days over with him.

I’m a bit opposite to some in that while the induction/labour was intense despite no pitocin I’d take it in a heartbeat again now but I guess the SPD and creeping BP is contributing to just wanting this pregnancy to be over. This is a very wanted baby after miscarrying last year and I just want him safe in my arms now tbh. I have a little rainbow baby gro waiting (and now I’m weepy...)

We had visitors this morning and went for lunch and I’m crippled again. Dang it. Oh and seriously, balloon feet!! Anyone else? I’d forgotten how big they got oh first lol

I’m a bit opposite to some in that while the induction/labour was intense despite no pitocin I’d take it in a heartbeat again now but I guess the SPD and creeping BP is contributing to just wanting this pregnancy to be over. This is a very wanted baby after miscarrying last year and I just want him safe in my arms now tbh. I have a little rainbow baby gro waiting (and now I’m weepy...)

We had visitors this morning and went for lunch and I’m crippled again. Dang it. Oh and seriously, balloon feet!! Anyone else? I’d forgotten how big they got oh first lol

Aah dont worry mirrorwall it will be safe in your arms very soon. I think we all just want them safe in our arms at this point.

Aah dont worry mirrorwall it will be safe in your arms very soon. I think we all just want them safe in our arms at this point.

I am the exact same, if they told me they would bring me in now for a section or induction I would go in just cause I dont want to wait any longer at this stage! I miscarried last year on the 10th of Oct so its getting very close to that date now :( I still need a little rainbow babygrow too.. I was lucky to get pregnant again soon after the miscarriage and that didnt happen til 11 weeks so now I feel I have been pregnant for 1.5 years!!

• Advertisement

I'd rather not say why I had to have a GA while were all still awaiting our arrivals, I dont want to put anyone off. But I was thru it myself and it hasnt put me off going thru it again and a midwife told me my whole experience was one of the worst possible outcomes. They had told me last time our baby was around 7lbs, the consultant told me after if he knew it was so big I wouldve been sectioned alot sooner. But I was 10 days over with him.

Fingers crossed your experience this time will be a lot more positive! thanks for being sensitive to us all esp FTM lol I am scared enough without any more horror stories but its amazing how much can go wrong we need to stay positive

Are you actually looking for a rainbow babygro orange?

Mothercare have gorgeous little ones in the little bird collection, really suttle little rainbow detail on them, might be worth a look!

Thought I might be going this morning. Back pain, cramping... I think that the BH have just ramped up though, I hope.

Aw! I have so much movement but I have been scanned every week since 31 weeks and always always breech head straight up! It is all up in the air still for you so! I am 38 and a half weeks now so I can't see it happening before the section but it would be gas if baby turned just as they went to do it..

Aw! I have so much movement but I have been scanned every week since 31 weeks and always always breech head straight up! It is all up in the air still for you so! I am 38 and a half weeks now so I can't see it happening before the section but it would be gas if baby turned just as they went to do it..

What is your date, clacla82? Must be very soon! Are you all organised?

I still have a list of things to be done, many of which will probably never be done, but I think that's a STM thing to be so laissez faire about it all!

What is your date, clacla82? Must be very soon! Are you all organised?

I still have a list of things to be done, many of which will probably never be done, but I think that's a STM thing to be so laissez faire about it all!

Yes it's within days but I will give you guys the surprise! I honestly do not know if I am organised, I have a labour bag, a hospital case, and a going home/spares bag but as for the rest of the child's life...

Yes it's within days but I will give you guys the surprise! I honestly do not know if I am organised, I have a labour bag, a hospital case, and a going home/spares bag but as for the rest of the child's life...

It sounds like you have plenty. There's nothing that can't be picked up in a few hours anyway by someone else.

Best of luck with it will be waiting here not so patiently for the updates!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Audi the day before my third was born (well that night I went into labour) a consultant scanned me and confidently told me it was a "7-8lb baby."My second was 8lb, so I mentally adjusted to expecting maybe 8.5 lb.

Little man arrived the next day via natural vaginal birth, no epidural.All 10lb6oz of him.

To say that is not exactly an accurate science is an understatement.

shesty wrote: »
    Audi the day before my third was born (well that night I went into labour) a consultant scanned me and confidently told me it was a "7-8lb baby."My second was 8lb, so I mentally adjusted to expecting maybe 8.5 lb.

Little man arrived the next day via natural vaginal birth, no epidural.All 10lb6oz of him.

To say that is not exactly an accurate science is an understatement.

Oh god shesty I have had a 6 and 7lb baby. And they told me this one is 8.5 and I'm dreading it. How can it be so far off the mark

I honestly think it's better not to know the baby's estimated size, unless of course you're diabetic or have had IUGR or there are other medical indications.

I'm doing midwifery-led care so have no idea of baby's size and hence am not at all worried. Even if he was big, I would be going for a vaginal delivery so knowing the size would only stress me more whilst not changing the plan! And as so many people have found, the estimate is often wildly inaccurate anyway.

First baby was 7 lb 11 at 41 weeks so hopefully this next boy will be a similar size. The bump is neat enough but who knows!

Girls, the pressure tonight is unreal. Feels like he could burst out of me. Period pains too. But husband is working in England all day tomorrow so keeping my legs crossed haha.

• Advertisement
Advertisement