Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

October 2018 Babies club

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Grr. Can’t sleep tonight. Was falling asleep at 8 when got woken by a text and now I’m still awake. Gave up around 12 and got up to sit on the ball as I was so uncomfortable. Drank a bucket ton of water because I can’t tell if it’s braxton Hicks or baby’s position that is killing me right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Awake since 4 here. I keep having dreams every night about going into labour. Tonight it was about having to have a section and being really upset about that.

Midwife last week did a mental health referral for me, and I've my first appt today so I'm nervous about that. Have never had anything like this before so not sure what to expect or what to say.

Hope most of the rest of you have had a decent sleep tonight.

So glad it is finally October! Love October anyway, and from now on it's going to be even more special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

So we line up? Cash_Q Born 25th September Panda18 Born 28th September Greenttc 3rd Oct Mirrorwall14 14th Oct Entropy7 16th Oct Aidom 18th Oct Clacla82 11th Oct Orange369 17th Oct Jutton 28th Oct

Wow girls still can't believe my little lady was the first born! A week old today! First couple of days at home have been amazing but tough, finding our feet with feeding routine and today realised it suits all 3 of us better if I express and give that every second feed, and have hubby give aptamil at the alternate feeds, which leaves me free to pump ahead of time. This way I'm not forcing her to my chest just because 'its feeding time' and stressing us all out. She is very sleepy on the breast so it was impossible to get her to take any/enough milk. Now she's had comfort feeds from the breast twice without me feeling like she needs to suck suck suck, and we're all much more relaxed for it.
    This is a very wanted baby after miscarrying last year and I just want him safe in my arms now tbh. I have a little rainbow baby gro waiting (and now I’m weepy...)

Can't begin to imagine how you're feeling, but you're so so close and you and this baby have endured a tough enough time so hang in there, nearly there!
    Oh and seriously, balloon feet!! Anyone else? I’d forgotten how big they got oh first lol

My balloon feet are FINALLY deflating and it's the second best thing after getting the baby here safely. Pregnancy is not easy for so many reasons and I really found the feet difficult. None of me is skinny but my feet were always lovely and thin if that makes sense lol! So glad I'll be able to stop wearing sketchers and flip flops!!

Hope you are all getting lots of rest and not too apprehensive. October is here and those babies are on the way :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 WeatherRocks

Congrats Cash! Sounds like you are in the swing of things already! Hope you are relaxing as much as possible.
    Im due next Monday 8th, by this stage on my 1st preg I had begun to lose bits of my mucus plug and he came on his due date. No sign of anything this time :-/
    Trying to stop myself going back to bed after I drop 3yr old to playschool as I know keeping active is important. Resorted to online shopping on the gym ball :)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Orange369

Have any of you girls being referred for a growth scan? Out of my 38 week check today but baby is still measuring small around 2 weeks behind so sending me for growth scan on Thursday to check...bit nervous about it now

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭audi02

Dont worry everything will be fine. These growth scans were never a thing til lately and they're doing nothing but worrying people. Some are afraid their baby is too small and others are afraid of giving birth because it's so big. And most of the time theyre not even accurate. Dont stress about it baby will be here soon safe and sound no matter what size it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭clacla82

Orange369 wrote: »
    Have any of you girls being referred for a growth scan? Out of my 38 week check today but baby is still measuring small around 2 weeks behind so sending me for growth scan on Thursday to check...bit nervous about it now

I've had them every week since week 31..itll be nothing I'm sure. I got such a fright when he said it but he just monitored me to make sure baby growing steadily which they have been. It's at under 10th percentile but already 6lb at under 39 weeks. Was it going on your bump they referred you?

I had a ton on my first and all was well they are also notoriously innacurate in third trimestee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I had one last week. At it she told me the baby was measuring very small, then she told me it was measuring only a day behind. They don't seem to have a notion what they're at, IMO. Got some good pictures though :D

Thanks girls.. No this scan today was on the machines in the Coombe where you see the consultants but they dont seem very high tech so shes sending me back down to where I had my 12 and 21 week scan.. It says on the form GA 38 weeks but AC is 35 which Google told me is abdominal circumference is 35 weeks.. Fingers crossed shes just a little small and nothing to worry about

• Advertisement

Thanks girls.. No this scan today was on the machines in the Coombe where you see the consultants but they dont seem very high tech so shes sending me back down to where I had my 12 and 21 week scan.. It says on the form GA 38 weeks but AC is 35 which Google told me is abdominal circumference is 35 weeks.. Fingers crossed shes just a little small and nothing to worry about

Those scanners aren’t very accurate so I honestly wouldn’t worry at all yet. Even the big scanners are notoriously bad in third trimester. I measured almost 42 weeks on a portable scanner last Friday. When he measured again it was 39. Bloody big difference there!

Had a 40 min pit stop in Spar in town earlier as I felt so sick and dizzy that I couldn't stand up. Then had to get a taxi home as couldn't walk to the Luas. Pregnancy is so frustrating.

Came home to discover my mucous plug is making its slow departure. Toddler gone up north for five days, so now would be optimal time for baby to arrive!

Those scanners aren’t very accurate so I honestly wouldn’t worry at all yet. Even the big scanners are notoriously bad in third trimester. I measured almost 42 weeks on a portable scanner last Friday. When he measured again it was 39. Bloody big difference there!

True thanks so much, its hard not to worry but at least I only have to wait until Thursday..

I made it through the weekend with the OH away at a match in Glasgow now hes away again tonight at work event, its only in Wicklow but still cant help feel alone and a bit of panic when hes away for another night so close to baby....

OMG Catriona best of luck to you hopefully its the start and baby comes asap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Orange369 wrote:

I was sent for one having been admitted with pre eclampsia. Baby measured 35w rather than 37+1 and estimated weight matched her birth weight exactly when born the following day. This would have been due to my condition though and she is absolutely fine
    Midwife last week did a mental health referral for me, and I've my first appt today so I'm nervous about that. Have never had anything like this before so not sure what to expect or what to say.

I met the mental health team and found them great. I am ok now but have a history of depression and was awaiting counselling when I got pregnant hence I was linked in. No harm in it and it was just a chat for me on two occasions, where I vented a whole lot about things that I didn't realise had been worrying me. I've a follow up appt in 6 weeks. Hope you find it useful.

Coombe is slooooow today. Depending on how I look at it good/bad (considering I’m so so done with this pregnancy and SPD) I’ve just had three sky high BP reads so Midwife reckons doc will talk induction.... I’m equally excited I might get an end date without having a fight about SPD but also freaked because baby may be coming sooner than I expected

• Registered Users Posts: 8 carolayna

Hi Ladies,

Can't believe I'm due next Friday.. the time flew way too fast.

I was wondering was any of you on sick leave and applied for illness benefit?
    I was told by my HR to apply but recieved a questionnaire to fill out today in post.
    Has any of you had the same situation?

carolayna wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,

Can't believe I'm due next Friday.. the time flew way too fast.

I was wondering was any of you on sick leave and applied for illness benefit?
    I was told by my HR to apply but recieved a questionnaire to fill out today in post.
    Has any of you had the same situation?

This also happened to me. I filled it in saying I was pregnant and got the exact same form again last week. I didnt bother filling that one in as my illness benefit was finishing last Friday. My questionnaire was to review my claim.

Aah mirrorwall hopefully you get a date and the end is near for you. You've suffered enough ya poor thing.

Anyone else feeling any movements? No stir here. Back at the hospital tomorrow.

audi02 wrote: »

Anyone else feeling any movements? No stir here. Back at the hospital tomorrow.

Back to normal movements here. Although I've been bent double more than once by stabbing pains in my actual pelvis bones. I don't know if it's the baby jabbing me or the ligaments loosening up, but bloody hell...

Things are frustratingly quiet here. I'm desperate to go before my toddler comes back on Sunday but I doubt it! The pressure feeling and pains seem to have eased up. I lost a tiny bit of mucous plug yesterday but nothing since. And I swear the bump, which previously seemed to have dropped a bit around the time last week when the midwife said his head was engaged, has moved back up higher again. Apparently second babies can engage and then disengage. He feels higher in my ribs again too, and I've more heartburn than last week.

Wee skitter!!!

• Advertisement

kylith wrote: »
    Back to normal movements here. Although I've been bent double more than once by stabbing pains in my actual pelvis bones. I don't know if it's the baby jabbing me or the ligaments loosening up, but bloody hell...

I got get sudden darts of pain that take my breath away and thats it then...I think it's Braxton Hicks.

I’m admitted for BP meds and monitoring. Requested induction rather than monitoring BP given the SPD and was told maybe early next week. Annoys me a little that they just put me on a category C med and brush off the induction (given I’m 38+3) but Midwives up here discussing my chart say I’ll be checked in the morning too and potentially induced then.

Things are frustratingly quiet here. I'm desperate to go before my toddler comes back on Sunday but I doubt it! The pressure feeling and pains seem to have eased up. I lost a tiny bit of mucous plug yesterday but nothing since. And I swear the bump, which previously seemed to have dropped a bit around the time last week when the midwife said his head was engaged, has moved back up higher again. Apparently second babies can engage and then disengage. He feels higher in my ribs again too, and I've more heartburn than last week.

Wee skitter!!!
    From what I've read second children often don't engage until right before birth, so you could still go any time.
    I got get sudden darts of pain that take my breath away and thats it then...I think it's Braxton Hicks.

This is more like being stabbed with an ice-pick in my hip joint or in the actual bone of my pelvis. I think BH is what I had Monday morning; it started as a point like period pain that spread across my abdomen and back and was needed some focused breathing.

I’m admitted for BP meds and monitoring. Requested induction and was told maybe early next week. Midwives up here say I’ll be checked in the morning too

At least with an induction, you won't need to worry about getting your wee boy minded and getting to hospital in time! One less thing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Entropy7

I’m admitted for BP meds and monitoring. Requested induction rather than monitoring BP given the SPD and was told maybe early next week. Annoys me a little that they just put me on a category C med and brush off the induction (given I’m 38+3) but Midwives up here discussing my chart say I’ll be checked in the morning too and potentially induced then.

I've been on the lowest dose of Trandate for the last 2 weeks, and it seems to be doing the job maintaining the blood pressure to just below the 140/90. Although, I am getting the gross swelling in my hands and feet now, so who knows what tomorrow's check up has in store.

Entropy7 wrote: »
    I've been on the lowest dose of Trandate for the last 2 weeks, and it seems to be doing the job maintaining the blood pressure to just below the 140/90. Although, I am getting the gross swelling in my hands and feet now, so who knows what tomorrow's check up has in store.

I’m on labetelol now and back down to spot on normal 120/80. Swelling is horrible though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

Well this baby's due date has passed by uneventfully! Saying that they still have a few more hours to be on time but I can't see it happening. Lots of pressure though but sure that has been going on for a good while now, its no indication! The wait continues but I honestly don't mind too much! Spd is really at me and getting around is a nightmare but I know that it will be just as hard but a different kind when this baby is out so I am happy to just try and rest while i can, not that I get much with the weean running around he is ridiculously active, keeps me fit I suppose!

greenttc wrote: »
    Well this baby's due date has passed by uneventfully! Saying that they still have a few more hours to be on time but I can't see it happening. Lots of pressure though but sure that has been going on for a good while now, its no indication! The wait continues but I honestly don't mind too much! Spd is really at me and getting around is a nightmare but I know that it will be just as hard but a different kind when this baby is out so I am happy to just try and rest while i can, not that I get much with the weean running around he is ridiculously active, keeps me fit I suppose!

Aaah hopefully soon now....only 5% are born on their due date...not long left hang in there

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭clacla82

Lying here breastfeeding my absolutely stunning little girl who arrived yesterday morning after a planned C section. I am just in love and it was the best day of my life yesterday. She was 6lb 3oz and eight days early. She is perfect!

clacla82 wrote: »
    Lying here breastfeeding my absolutely stunning little girl who arrived yesterday morning after a planned C section. I am just in love and it was the best day of my life yesterday. She was 6lb 3oz and eight days early. She is perfect!

Aaah clacla well done thats great news, I was thinking you were gone in when we hadnt heard from you. Great size. Hope youre doing well.

Awh congratulations!!!

• Advertisement

Aahh huge congrats that's great news, hope you are feeling well after the section

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

Ooh, things kicking off here. My waters have broken and I’m starting to get regular pains. Will head to into the hospital shortly. It’s only down the road thankfully but I don’t want to be heading in too early either.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Verity.

Ooh, things kicking off here. My waters have broken and I’m starting to get regular pains. Will head to into the hospital shortly. It’s only down the road thankfully but I don’t want to be heading in too early either.

Best of luck! :)

3 girls so far! Well done clacla82, it sounds like you are head over heels. 6lb3, 8 days early- so she wasn't so small after all!

Afkasurfjunkie, best of luck to you today! Very exciting times.

For induction this morning!! God I’m torn now, can’t believe it’s actually happening

For induction this morning!! God I’m torn now, can’t believe it’s actually happening

Wahhhhh good luck! Make sure to request that epidural early, if it's what you want.

I am so jealous of all these babies. I'm actually dying to go into labour myself. All fear has now gone and I just want to get the show on the road!

Wahhhhh good luck! Make sure to request that epidural early, if it's what you want.

I am so jealous of all these babies. I'm actually dying to go into labour myself. All fear has now gone and I just want to get the show on the road!

I was so so ready and now just a little nervous lol. I’ll get it if I’ve got time. Induction took three days the last time so there’s no rush yet

I was so so ready and now just a little nervous lol. I’ll get it if I’ve got time. Induction took three days the last time so there’s no rush yet

Aahh yay!! Best of luck today! Hopefully baby comes quicker with induction this time..

It's all happening now for us ladies :)

Yes I know what you mean. I remember having this moment of, "oh I'm not actually ready to have this baby, can we change our minds?" When the midwife told me it was time to push!

Hopefully as it's your second, the induction won't be so slow this time.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Good luck Mirrorwall!! I know it's been a long road for you, so hope you have the baba in your arms safely soon:)

• Advertisement

Oh sounds like we will have some more babas very very soon! Very exciting!

I am the same, really conflicted between wanting to meet this baby and find out its gender and really dreading the whole process of delivery!

Three days for induction mirror wall, so long, hope it goes faster this time!

Eeek best of luck ladies...exciting times. Will be dying to hear the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭threepeas

Our not so little boy arrived on Tuesday weighing in at 8.5pounds. So so tired but delighted with him.

Best of luck with the induction orange. Will catch up with the rest of the posts soon.

The wait is nearly over ladies.

Congrats to our new mamas, and good luck to those on their way in. Dying to hear your news!

threepeas wrote: »
    Our not so little boy arrived on Tuesday weighing in at 8.5pounds. So so tired but delighted with him.

Best of luck with the induction orange. Will catch up with the rest of the posts soon.

Great news threepeas... a fine size not so little man. Well done. Hope youre recovery is going well. The first boy to arrive.

EXCELLENT news! Ahhh the babies are coming in thick and fast now. Hope you and the wee man are doing well.

Awh congrats threepeas, that’s fantastic!!!

Wuhoo three peas, our first boy! Hope your doing well

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭threepeas

Great news threepeas... a fine size not so little man. Well done. Hope youre recovery is going well. The first boy to arrive.

He was exactly the size all the scans showed and a big baby for me. Alot bigger than my two girls but it went fine. We are exhausted now. Will catch up with everyone soon. Best of luck to all still waiting. The last few weeks really did drag for me especially when you go over but it's so worth the wait.

• Advertisement

He was exactly the size all the scans showed and a big baby for me. Alot bigger than my two girls but it went fine. We are exhausted now. Will catch up with everyone soon. Best of luck to all still waiting. The last few weeks really did drag for me especially when you go over but it's so worth the wait.

I thought I remembered you saying lately that he was measuring at 8lbs 5... well done you.

Advertisement