Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

October 2018 Babies club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭audi02

Congrats on the new mammies and babies!!! All these fast labours are making me nervous!

Weatherrocks, my wee boy is a really light sleeper and our house is very small with very thin walls, so I'm worried about him being woken up by baby a lot. Have you tried leaving a white noise machine on all night in his room? That's the only idea I've got, but have been worrying about the same issue.

I'm still here, waddling around and getting stuck in sofas. Officially overdue now, but thankfully less of a hormonal nutcase than I was last time I went over. My parents are taking my wee boy away for a few days again so hoping to have baby here before the week is out.

I am having sooooo much mum guilt about shaking the foundations of my wee man's life though. Especially given that I'm sending him away! How are the new mammies dealing with this? Any tips on introducing the older sibling to the new baby? My boy is only a year and 8 months, so too young to understand but not too young to get jealous, I fear!

Our boy is just gone 22 months when our little bundle arrived and I have to say hes great he hasnt even noticed the baby really. The baby bought him toys which he loved. I was also afraid of the baby waking him but turns out hes a much deeper sleeper than i ever knew ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Off the labetelol here with GP approval and switched iron to something milder on the stomach which is great. Feet swelling has finally gone down so all that’s left now is lingering carpel tunnel in my right wrist

Our lad (3.5) has coped very well so far with the new arrival. Maybe a little slide in terms of crankiness but very mild. He loved going to grandma and grandads for the birth while mammy was in hospital (he was spoilt rotten). Baby got him a present and vice Versa. We have a fierce noisy house upstairs (floors creak like you can’t imagine!) so he has been woken occasionally but we stick with routine (apart from his illness) and it’s straight back to sleep because ‘the clock isn’t yellow and it’s night time’.

At the moment I take baby in our room with the cosleeer (though like many he ends up on the bed a lot) from 10-4/5 sleeping between the bottles and my husband takes over for that morning feed somewhere between 5-6. We should hopefully be able to continue that when he’s back to work as he has always been an early riser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Midwife couldn't do a sweep this morning as my cervix is still too high. Disappointed. She says she can't see me going myself within the next couple of days anyway.

So cancelled the wee man's visit to his grandparents. If I'm still pregnant on Monday (which I probably will be), they'll take him then instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

Midwife couldn't do a sweep this morning as my cervix is still too high. Disappointed. She says she can't see me going myself within the next couple of days anyway.

So cancelled the wee man's visit to his grandparents. If I'm still pregnant on Monday (which I probably will be), they'll take him then instead.

Same for me. Due tomorrow but the consultant did a physical exam and it’s not looking like it’ll be anytime soon. So disheartening. I should make the most of my time alone to rest up but I hate the wait!

At least it means I can head to a very good friend’s wedding at the weekend.

aidom wrote: »
    Same for me. Due tomorrow but the consultant did a physical exam and it’s not looking like it’ll be anytime soon. So disheartening. I should make the most of my time alone to rest up but I hate the wait!

It sucks, doesn't it? My friend has just told me that she had the same experience as me on a Saturday afternoon, and her waters went themselves on the Monday morning. So here is hoping!

We are supposed to be moving house in 4 weeks and I'm very conscious of how hard it's going to be, made even harder by an even younger baby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Aw you must be so disappointed. Good thinking though to put off the visit to his grandparents.
    aidom wrote:

Wow, fair play! We went to a wedding when I was 34/35weeks and I found it really tough, don't be afraid to leave whenever you've had enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 WeatherRocks

Congrats on the new mammies and babies!!! All these fast labours are making me nervous!

Weatherrocks, my wee boy is a really light sleeper and our house is very small with very thin walls, so I'm worried about him being woken up by baby a lot. Have you tried leaving a white noise machine on all night in his room? That's the only idea I've got, but have been worrying about the same issue.

I'm still here, waddling around and getting stuck in sofas. Officially overdue now, but thankfully less of a hormonal nutcase than I was last time I went over. My parents are taking my wee boy away for a few days again so hoping to have baby here before the week is out.

I am having sooooo much mum guilt about shaking the foundations of my wee man's life though. Especially given that I'm sending him away! How are the new mammies dealing with this? Any tips on introducing the older sibling to the new baby? My boy is only a year and 8 months, so too young to understand but not too young to get jealous, I fear!

My son always came into the big bed around 1am so we let that continue as we didn’t want him to feel anything changed , but baby was waking him up and he was so tired so now he seems happy to let Dad go into his bed. Some nights I think it’ll be me and two kids in the big bed though! Lots of my family brought presents for 3 yr old and with Hubbie off work for 3 weeks one of us can always pay him attention.

I feel for you being overdue. I thought she would never be born. I was getting so annoyed doing lunges and drinking raspberry tea etc that i think it can be better mentally to do none of them and try get it off your mind

Yeah I'm a hormonal mess today. Husband working late every night for the last month so I'm single mothering.

I ordered a takeaway for myself earlier and it didn't come. So I ordered it again, and once again it didn't come. I sat there in tears over a feckin takeaway!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭threepeas

So much can change so quickly. On dd2 at 8 days over they told me nothing was happening and booked my induction for a few days later. The following day she was born. So less than 24 hours from nothing. Having had 3 overdue babies I feel for you though.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm a hormonal mess today. Husband working late every night for the last month so I'm single mothering.

I ordered a takeaway for myself earlier and it didn't come. So I ordered it again, and once again it didn't come. I sat there in tears over a feckin takeaway!

That sucks about the takeaway. And I think alot of us can relate to the hormonal mess. Don't be so hard on yourself.

aidom wrote: »

It's good to have something nice to look forward to hang on in there the baby will be here soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

So I knew about the bleeding, and it’s not as bad as I thought it would be, luckily, but why did no-one warn me about the 400 gallons of pee?

So I knew about the bleeding, and it’s not as bad as I thought it would be, luckily, but why did no-one warn me about the 400 gallons of pee?

kylith wrote: »

I don't remember peeing lots, but it makes sense that you would because your body now has to get rid of all the fluid you had stored up in pregnancy. Nobody warned me about the night sweats - have you had those start yet? Not pleasant! Didn't even seem to store much fluid in either pregnancy - can still wear my rings even at 40 weeks - but the night sweats were still pretty bad!

I don't remember peeing lots, but it makes sense that you would because your body now has to get rid of all the fluid you had stored up in pregnancy. Nobody warned me about the night sweats - have you had those start yet? Not pleasant! Didn't even seem to store much fluid in either pregnancy - can still wear my rings even at 40 weeks - but the night sweats were still pretty bad!
    I honestly wondered if my body had retained loads of amniotic fluid! Some reading says it’s all the retained fluid and broken down blood but Jebus it’s never ending.

No sweating here, other than from the heat in the Coombe. Am home now at least but obv house is being kept warm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

Oh are night sweats a thing? Cuz I wake up roasted and I couldn’t understand it.

Oh are night sweats a thing? Cuz I wake up roasted and I couldn’t understand it.

Yeah I would wake up roasted and drenched for a few weeks after. I'm not usually a warm person (or a sweaty person!), and my baby was born at the end of January too. It's just the body getting rid of fluid. Plus all the hormonal changes. Gives us a glimpse of how our poor mammies suffer through the menopause!

I had both, tons of peeing and night sweats! Both have eased off now at almost two weeks. I had a lot of retained fluid though, my feet have actual ankles again which is nice. You need to drink lots too apparently which seems counter intuitive when there’s so many bathroom trips already!

I didn't even think I'd retained that much fluid!

I'd be fit to kill. Today was the third time I've cooked since the baby was born 3 weeks ago, and probably since May or something too. Seriously we've been living on take away or frozen pizza. One night our food took 2 hours to come and was like rubber, I was only happy we got fizzy drinks. I would be crying all night if that happened to me!!
    kylith wrote:

Personally I found it such a relief after so many trips to the toilet of feeling like I'm bursting but only having a dribble during pregnancy. To lose all that fluid and get my feet back to normal size was the second best thing about not being pregnant anymore - best thing being lovely baby of course :)
    Nobody warned me about the night sweats - have you had those start yet? Not pleasant! Didn't even seem to store much fluid in either pregnancy - can still wear my rings even at 40 weeks - but the night sweats were still pretty bad!

I can't express how sweaty I am at night! Finding it so gross, and with hubby back at work I'm now showering in the evening which I hate anyway as I always loved a shower first thing in the morning, but now I go to bed clean and wake up saturated for the day ahead :(

• Advertisement

Omg that is awful news. I’d cry too believe me! So hard him working all the time is your kid in any childcare during the day? I’d be going crazy doing bedtime every night , you should stay in hospital as long as poss when babs comes you may need the rest!

Omg that is awful news. I’d cry too believe me! So hard him working all the time is your kid in any childcare during the day? I’d be going crazy doing bedtime every night , you should stay in hospital as long as poss when babs comes you may need the rest!

No i have him all day too. He is a good boy in fairness. It's tough though when I can't get out much with him. Thank God for soft play centres and playgroups is all I'll say!

Hoping to get out of hospital sharpish as doing Domino scheme. Last time i got no sleep at all in there as the wards were so noisy so I would rather be home, crazy toddler and all!

No i have him all day too. He is a good boy in fairness. It's tough though when I can't get out much with him. Thank God for soft play centres and playgroups is all I'll say!

Hoping to get out of hospital sharpish as doing Domino scheme. Last time i got no sleep at all in there as the wards were so noisy so I would rather be home, crazy toddler and all!

I was with domino as well, they’re brilliant aren’t they. My little girl was born at 3pm and left at 11am next day, a bit delayed as I’m rhesus neg. I thought I’d want to go home after the 6 hours but I was so wrecked after I couldn’t even consider walking out to a car. Going for a wee was a major mission! But maybe it’ll be different for you. I was totally zonked.

I hear ya on the Playgroups! I’ve been SAHM for the last 3 years and he’s just started the ECCE so it’s brill having even 3 hours a day.
    I found it hard entertaining him in the afternoons when so pregnant!

TMI: Anyone else still really sore down below? It’s been one week since labour and they said I just got a graze, no tearing, but still feels very bruised and sore! Just not sure if it’s normal.
    Last time I had an episiotomy which was obviously way worse. I think I thought this time as no episiotomy it wouldn’t be sore at all!

I was with domino as well, they’re brilliant aren’t they. My little girl was born at 3pm and left at 11am next day, a bit delayed as I’m rhesus neg. I thought I’d want to go home after the 6 hours but I was so wrecked after I couldn’t even consider walking out to a car. Going for a wee was a major mission! But maybe it’ll be different for you. I was totally zonked.

I hear ya on the Playgroups! I’ve been SAHM for the last 3 years and he’s just started the ECCE so it’s brill having even 3 hours a day.
    I found it hard entertaining him in the afternoons when so pregnant!

TMI: Anyone else still really sore down below? It’s been one week since labour and they said I just got a graze, no tearing, but still feels very bruised and sore! Just not sure if it’s normal.
    Last time I had an episiotomy which was obviously way worse. I think I thought this time as no episiotomy it wouldn’t be sore at all!

Were you with Holles St? I am also rhesus neg and was wondering whether that would delay getting home a bit. You had to wait on the lab getting the anti d? I think the lab only opens at 9?

I hear ya on the exhaustion. Last time I could hardly talk after baby was delivered!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Panda18

Last time I had an episiotomy which was obviously way worse. I think I thought this time as no episiotomy it wouldn’t be sore at all![/quote]

I had a tear and episiotomy and was super bruised afterwards, the nurse told me to start arnica tablets and I had cold packs on it to reduce the swelling and took painkillers. It all really helped with the pain :)
    It’s looking like i’ll Have to go back in to get restitched as the stitches are loose, already worrying about that even though it hasn’t been confirmed yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

You will get there caitriona, you are definitely in the final days now no matter what so just try and take it as easy as possible, I totally get how hard that is though but you can do it!

I actually ended up in a very quiet 4 bed ward in holles Street, totally wanted the early home scheme but ended up having to stay two nights but it really was fine, I got lucky I suppose! There Is always hope you will get the same!

Weather, yes I am fairly tender still, I ended up with a small tear though so have stitches, it still feels a bit swollen and bruised although in fairness the toilet has not really been a problem for me even from the beginning, I find that leaning forward a lot helps keep the flow of wee away from the wound so no stinging at all. I haven't needed the squeeze water bottle at all.

We are getting on great here, this baby is so content and cries very little, he is like a dream compared to number one but I suppose I have experience on my side too which makes a big difference. I am very grateful that number one is in creche every morning however, he loves going and it means he u have a bit of one to one time with the baby. On the flip side though I feel guilty that I am not spending that time with number one, its like I am sending him away. What is so weird though is how number one seems huge now, lifting him onto my knee after holding the baby is like putting a giant on my knee, such a strange feeling!

Were you with Holles St? I am also rhesus neg and was wondering whether that would delay getting home a bit. You had to wait on the lab getting the anti d? I think the lab only opens at 9?

I hear ya on the exhaustion. Last time I could hardly talk after baby was delivered!

Actually just reałised the reason they said to stay was because a doctor has to check baby over before I leave, but thinking back I don’t remember that even happening. I kinda went into shock after she was born. Got really cold & shaky so maybe they thought best to stay. Or maybe it just depends the time when they’re born. In the end I did need the anti d but they brought it out to me the next day on the Home visit.
    Yeah with Holles street

I know the first time I lifted 3yr old I was like woahh you’re so heavy, nearly broke my back!
    I have the arnica going since yesterday so hopefully I’ll start to see a difference! The toilet has been fine actually I think I just thought it wouldn’t hurt at all, silly I guess since a human baby just came out.
    Baby here has been sleeping all day and feeding all night, going to try keep her awake as much as possible today but she’s very hard to keep awake when she’s in a deep sleep !

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭clacla82

The bloody night sweats!!!! I have been saturating 2/3 nighties/pyjamas every night, waking up when it has gone cold - yuck. No one warned me about those either! 2 weeks later and still happening..

clacla82 wrote: »
    The bloody night sweats!!!! I have been saturating 2/3 nighties/pyjamas every night, waking up when it has gone cold - yuck. No one warned me about those either! 2 weeks later and still happening..

I'd say the night sweats will stop soon. I find things calmed down alot at around the two week mark each time.

Did anyone get the shakes? Every time I've give b birth about 4 or 5 days later I've had violent shakes in bed for a few minutes. Something to do with fluid too I think.

• Advertisement

I didn't even think I'd retained that much fluid!

I didn't retain much at all my rings fitted all the way and shoes etc but afterwards I retained a bit for a few days. For me I think it was the iv in the epidural.

Ya there isn't much rest in hospital between the checks, feeding, visitors and general noise. You might be comfier at home. Will your husband have some time off to help out?

threepeas wrote: »
    Ya there isn't much rest in hospital between the checks, feeding, visitors and general noise. You might be comfier at home. Will your husband have some time off to help out?

He has two weeks off when I expect he will mainly be put in charge of the toddler! It's funny how on your first baby, the baby took up every waking second of both of your time in those early days. And now, the baby is the least of my worries - much more concerned about keeping toddler happy as newborns seem so easy in comparison!

Gonna try to master feeding in the sling while he's off on paternity leave, so that hopefully will make life a bit easier when he goes back and I've to be out and about and running after a small crazy person.

threepeas wrote: »
    I'd say the night sweats will stop soon. I find things calmed down alot at around the two week mark each time.

Did anyone get the shakes? Every time I've give b birth about 4 or 5 days later I've had violent shakes in bed for a few minutes. Something to do with fluid too I think.

Oh my god!!! I defo got those shakes, two nights ago! And I felt cold as well, I didn't know what was happening and wondered was I coming down with something!! I even got a little worried that maybe I had gotten some infection in my stitches and had a little internal freak out, didn't want to tell my husband who would have been really worried! So is this an actual thing that happens, must go Google it now!!

I said to the midwives I was shaking and cold and she said that’s what happens when your milk comes in. I thought I was getting an infection

Gonna try to master feeding in the sling while he's off on paternity leave, so that hopefully will make life a bit easier when he goes back and I've to be out and about and running after a small crazy person.
    I have a couple of wraps i’ve Been putting off because baba is still tiny. Is it hard to put a newborn in a sling? Is there any way of doing it or video you’d recommend?

I have a couple of wraps i’ve Been putting off because baba is still tiny. Is it hard to put a newborn in a sling? Is there any way of doing it or video you’d recommend?

My milk’s come in too. Thankfully I didn’t get the shakes, that I recall, although thinking about it I did tell himself that I felt cold and odd. I’ve been surprised at the speed that the ‘crying baby=milk everywhere’ thing happens. I’d heard of it, of course, but I thought it was more gradual.

Just feeding there and Little One stretched and kicked the haakaa right off my boob. There’s milk all over the bed now :*(

I have a structured beco Gemini which is already out to start using (>7lbs) and I’ve just ordered a je Porte mon Bébé ring sling after trying out my sisters yesterday. The structured is a bit awkward at his current size but the ring sling was fabulously comfortable yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Guestboarder

Hi All!

I haven't been on this group since the early days of finding out/introducing ourselves! I have two kiddies already and have just found Ive fallen off the face of the earth with this pregnancy!!

Ive just caught up and wanted to say a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to all the new mamas!! Your births all sounded so quick and delighted that they all went well xx

I am due on the 21st but went 8 days over with both previous babys so im not holding out much hope for this one coming on time! I am having a little girly (already have a 4yr old girl and 23mnth old boy)

The pregnancy has gone pretty smoothly apart from some hiccups and suspected twins in the beginning so ive been lucky.
    Although I did need a few growth scans which i noticed was the same for a few of you. they felt she was a bit small but after having another one at 39wk + 3 her estimated weight was 7lb 3oz already so I think these growth scans are a fuss over nothing! My last baby was 8lb 10oz at 8 days over so as shes a good weight already im praying i go this weekend!!!
    Was put on thyroid meds two weeks ago after a blood result came back showing underactive thyroid. Never had it before so just hoping it goes after pregnancy and not a lifelong thing!

Thats my speil anyway!! Ill be on here now daily to check in on you all and see how you are all doing! Its very exciting!! This is probably my last baby though so as much as I am excited to see her I also dont want the pregnancy and the feeling of nurturing a little life, to end just yet!

I am also on the domino scheme and was with the other two, its brilliant. My last baby came at 5am and they were sending me home after rounds at 9am but I actually requested to stay because I was still shell shocked after a fast labour with no meds (My first was a long labour with an epidural) and I knew i wasnt mentally ready to face my little girl and give her a 100%. Hoping it will be diff this time as ill be prepared for speed and pain!

xxx

• Advertisement

I have a boba wrap and an Ergobaby 360 with infant insert. I fed in the boba wrap last time from he was around 3 or 4 weeks, but it took practice! One day my whole boob was covered in love bites from him latching onto the skin rather than the nipple so many times. I need to work on it!

Not tried feeding such a tiny baby in the ergobaby as we used it from about 3 months last time.

YouTube is often quite good for stuff like this though. Or going to a sling library meetup.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Sometimes the shakes and cold happen due to the baby leaving your body too...your body is adjusting to the internal heating system changing!

I had this baba in my ergobaby quite small Caitriona (needs must and all that) but I haven't ever fed in it. Apparently you can, but I'd say it's there's a knack to it alright.
    Guestboarder - I had no. 3 in May, had a 3 and a 2 year old at the time - I wouldn't be running straight away home with two others!!!

Our sling is the close caboo and I just think its amazing, it's kind of a half ring sling half structured kinda sling, it's lovely and soft and easy to use, have been out a few times with this wee man already and he is only a week old now. Not sure I'd be able to master feeding in a sling, sounds brilliant but I get such pain with feeding anyway I think this would just make things more awkward and painful for me!

Yeah I got the shakes straight after delivery of baby 1 but nothing after this baby until a few days later, honestly didn't know what was going on, it felt awful!

My friend gave me a sling today which has a tag saying "Baby Sling by Jazooli" and we put the baby in it today and it's perfect. She's 3weeks and 3days old, and I suppose it's a kind of wrap sling? Although I don't really know the difference...it's basically a big long piece of fabric that wraps behind me and over my shoulders..

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Panda18

Can I just ask about maternity benefit? I get paid monthly by my company and they are paying me the balance of my wage along with my benefit. I just checked my payslip and I’m paying loads of Paye, I’m pretty much down the equilvent of a weeks wage. Any idea why it would be like that or how do I fix it?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Has your mat benefit payment come through alright ?(ie do revenue/payroll/SW know your situation-they don't all talk to each other unfortunately)?See I think you are still taxed so what ends up happening is that you have to claim it back once your leave is finished.It's a pain.I have been similar the last six months.

• Advertisement

Panda18 wrote: »
    Can I just ask about maternity benefit? I get paid monthly by my company and they are paying me the balance of my wage along with my benefit. I just checked my payslip and I’m paying loads of Paye, I’m pretty much down the equilvent of a weeks wage. Any idea why it would be like that or how do I fix it?

The revenue reduce your tax credits because maternity pay is now taxable. So you end up getting less money but you can reclaim it if you've overpaid tax but it will be next year when you get the p60. This is what it looked like to me anyway because the same thing is happening my pay.

threepeas wrote:
    The revenue reduce your tax credits because maternity pay is now taxable. So you end up getting less money but you can reclaim it if you've overpaid tax but it will be next year when you get the p60. This is what it looked like to me anyway because the same thing is happening my pay.

My maternity payment is coming weekly from Dept SW, and my employer is reducing my fortnightly pay accordingly...I paid significantly less tax this payday and therefore ended up with 9euro more in my take home pay than I normally would have...so will I owe loads of tax at the end of the year? Or next year? Would anyone know?

If your employer is topping up to your normal pay you should be ending up with exactly the same amount of money (even if some is coming to your bank account separate to the employer). If you are ending up with significantly more or less between the benefit/pay combination I’d be ringing revenue to talk to them about sorting it now rather than later.

For example my employer should be heavily taxing my top up balance because I’m receiving maternity benefit into my own account with no tax applied to it. In order for me to end up paying the correct amount of tax my tax credits have been adjusted by revenue to make sure I don’t under pay

It used to be the case that you could end up with an increase in pay because maternity benefit was not taxed but that has ended unfortunately for us! You do need to be careful if you are being topped up as it has happened that people have owed a lot of tax returning to work

For example my employer should be heavily taxing my top up balance because I’m receiving maternity benefit into my own account with no tax applied to it. In order for me to end up paying the correct amount of tax my tax credits have been adjusted by revenue to make sure I don’t under pay

Thanks for that Mirrorwall14..when you say "top up balance" though...what's the top up? Like the rest of your wages?
    E.g. I get paid <X> usually; now I'm getting paid <X minus the maternity rate> by my employer, and the maternity rate paid separately, directly from Dept SW..

Basically I just need to get on to Revenue?

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Thanks for that Mirrorwall14..when you say "top up balance" though...what's the top up? Like the rest of your wages?
    E.g. I get paid <X> usually; now I'm getting paid <X minus the maternity rate> by my employer, and the maternity rate paid separately, directly from Dept SW..

Basically I just need to get on to Revenue?

Yeah that’s it exactly, some employers top you up on top of the statutory benefit. Give revenue a ring and check with them. Tell them you want to be sure you don’t under pay tax

• Advertisement
Advertisement