Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2018 Babies club

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I’m admitted for BP meds and monitoring. Requested induction rather than monitoring BP given the SPD and was told maybe early next week. Annoys me a little that they just put me on a category C med and brush off the induction (given I’m 38+3) but Midwives up here discussing my chart say I’ll be checked in the morning too and potentially induced then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Things are frustratingly quiet here. I'm desperate to go before my toddler comes back on Sunday but I doubt it! The pressure feeling and pains seem to have eased up. I lost a tiny bit of mucous plug yesterday but nothing since. And I swear the bump, which previously seemed to have dropped a bit around the time last week when the midwife said his head was engaged, has moved back up higher again. Apparently second babies can engage and then disengage. He feels higher in my ribs again too, and I've more heartburn than last week.

Wee skitter!!!
    From what I've read second children often don't engage until right before birth, so you could still go any time.
    audi02 wrote: »
    I got get sudden darts of pain that take my breath away and thats it then...I think it's Braxton Hicks.

This is more like being stabbed with an ice-pick in my hip joint or in the actual bone of my pelvis. I think BH is what I had Monday morning; it started as a point like period pain that spread across my abdomen and back and was needed some focused breathing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I’m admitted for BP meds and monitoring. Requested induction and was told maybe early next week. Midwives up here say I’ll be checked in the morning too

At least with an induction, you won't need to worry about getting your wee boy minded and getting to hospital in time! One less thing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Entropy7

I’m admitted for BP meds and monitoring. Requested induction rather than monitoring BP given the SPD and was told maybe early next week. Annoys me a little that they just put me on a category C med and brush off the induction (given I’m 38+3) but Midwives up here discussing my chart say I’ll be checked in the morning too and potentially induced then.

I've been on the lowest dose of Trandate for the last 2 weeks, and it seems to be doing the job maintaining the blood pressure to just below the 140/90. Although, I am getting the gross swelling in my hands and feet now, so who knows what tomorrow's check up has in store.

Entropy7 wrote: »
    I've been on the lowest dose of Trandate for the last 2 weeks, and it seems to be doing the job maintaining the blood pressure to just below the 140/90. Although, I am getting the gross swelling in my hands and feet now, so who knows what tomorrow's check up has in store.

I’m on labetelol now and back down to spot on normal 120/80. Swelling is horrible though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

Well this baby's due date has passed by uneventfully! Saying that they still have a few more hours to be on time but I can't see it happening. Lots of pressure though but sure that has been going on for a good while now, its no indication! The wait continues but I honestly don't mind too much! Spd is really at me and getting around is a nightmare but I know that it will be just as hard but a different kind when this baby is out so I am happy to just try and rest while i can, not that I get much with the weean running around he is ridiculously active, keeps me fit I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭audi02

greenttc wrote: »
    Well this baby's due date has passed by uneventfully! Saying that they still have a few more hours to be on time but I can't see it happening. Lots of pressure though but sure that has been going on for a good while now, its no indication! The wait continues but I honestly don't mind too much! Spd is really at me and getting around is a nightmare but I know that it will be just as hard but a different kind when this baby is out so I am happy to just try and rest while i can, not that I get much with the weean running around he is ridiculously active, keeps me fit I suppose!

Aaah hopefully soon now....only 5% are born on their due date...not long left hang in there

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭clacla82

Lying here breastfeeding my absolutely stunning little girl who arrived yesterday morning after a planned C section. I am just in love and it was the best day of my life yesterday. She was 6lb 3oz and eight days early. She is perfect!

clacla82 wrote: »
    Lying here breastfeeding my absolutely stunning little girl who arrived yesterday morning after a planned C section. I am just in love and it was the best day of my life yesterday. She was 6lb 3oz and eight days early. She is perfect!

Aaah clacla well done thats great news, I was thinking you were gone in when we hadnt heard from you. Great size. Hope youre doing well.

Awh congratulations!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Orange369

Aahh huge congrats that's great news, hope you are feeling well after the section

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

Ooh, things kicking off here. My waters have broken and I’m starting to get regular pains. Will head to into the hospital shortly. It’s only down the road thankfully but I don’t want to be heading in too early either.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Verity.

Ooh, things kicking off here. My waters have broken and I’m starting to get regular pains. Will head to into the hospital shortly. It’s only down the road thankfully but I don’t want to be heading in too early either.

Best of luck! :)

3 girls so far! Well done clacla82, it sounds like you are head over heels. 6lb3, 8 days early- so she wasn't so small after all!

Afkasurfjunkie, best of luck to you today! Very exciting times.

For induction this morning!! God I’m torn now, can’t believe it’s actually happening

For induction this morning!! God I’m torn now, can’t believe it’s actually happening

Wahhhhh good luck! Make sure to request that epidural early, if it's what you want.

I am so jealous of all these babies. I'm actually dying to go into labour myself. All fear has now gone and I just want to get the show on the road!

Wahhhhh good luck! Make sure to request that epidural early, if it's what you want.

I am so jealous of all these babies. I'm actually dying to go into labour myself. All fear has now gone and I just want to get the show on the road!

I was so so ready and now just a little nervous lol. I’ll get it if I’ve got time. Induction took three days the last time so there’s no rush yet

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Orange369

I was so so ready and now just a little nervous lol. I’ll get it if I’ve got time. Induction took three days the last time so there’s no rush yet

Aahh yay!! Best of luck today! Hopefully baby comes quicker with induction this time..

It's all happening now for us ladies :)

Yes I know what you mean. I remember having this moment of, "oh I'm not actually ready to have this baby, can we change our minds?" When the midwife told me it was time to push!

Hopefully as it's your second, the induction won't be so slow this time.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Good luck Mirrorwall!! I know it's been a long road for you, so hope you have the baba in your arms safely soon:)

• Advertisement

Oh sounds like we will have some more babas very very soon! Very exciting!

I am the same, really conflicted between wanting to meet this baby and find out its gender and really dreading the whole process of delivery!

Three days for induction mirror wall, so long, hope it goes faster this time!

Eeek best of luck ladies...exciting times. Will be dying to hear the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭threepeas

Our not so little boy arrived on Tuesday weighing in at 8.5pounds. So so tired but delighted with him.

Best of luck with the induction orange. Will catch up with the rest of the posts soon.

The wait is nearly over ladies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Congrats to our new mamas, and good luck to those on their way in. Dying to hear your news!

threepeas wrote: »
    Our not so little boy arrived on Tuesday weighing in at 8.5pounds. So so tired but delighted with him.

Best of luck with the induction orange. Will catch up with the rest of the posts soon.

Great news threepeas... a fine size not so little man. Well done. Hope youre recovery is going well. The first boy to arrive.

EXCELLENT news! Ahhh the babies are coming in thick and fast now. Hope you and the wee man are doing well.

Awh congrats threepeas, that’s fantastic!!!

Wuhoo three peas, our first boy! Hope your doing well

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭threepeas

audi02 wrote: »
    Great news threepeas... a fine size not so little man. Well done. Hope youre recovery is going well. The first boy to arrive.

He was exactly the size all the scans showed and a big baby for me. Alot bigger than my two girls but it went fine. We are exhausted now. Will catch up with everyone soon. Best of luck to all still waiting. The last few weeks really did drag for me especially when you go over but it's so worth the wait.

• Advertisement

He was exactly the size all the scans showed and a big baby for me. Alot bigger than my two girls but it went fine. We are exhausted now. Will catch up with everyone soon. Best of luck to all still waiting. The last few weeks really did drag for me especially when you go over but it's so worth the wait.

I thought I remembered you saying lately that he was measuring at 8lbs 5... well done you.

Advertisement