Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2018 Babies club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Orange369

I had my growth scan today and baby measuring 6 pound 8 ounces at 38 weeks 1 day.. Even if its not accurate its made me feel reassured all is ok with baby:) I feel like everyone will have had their baby before me!! Hope everyone is feeling ok if you had your baby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Orange369 wrote: »
    I had my growth scan today and baby measuring 6 pound 8 ounces at 38 weeks 1 day.. Even if its not accurate its made me feel reassured all is ok with baby:) I feel like everyone will have had their baby before me!! Hope everyone is feeling ok if you had your baby

When are you due, Orange? I'm due 16th but Holles St will let you go 14 days over before starting induction, so I could be here til the bitter end!

With emphasis on the bitter, by the way. I will be very bitter!

When are you due, Orange? I'm due 16th but Holles St will let you go 14 days over before starting induction, so I could be here til the bitter end!

With emphasis on the bitter, by the way. I will be very bitter!

I am due the 17th! And in the Coombe they let you go 10 or 11 days over depending on availability for induction.. so I have in my head max it will be the 28th but holy God really hope we have October babies!! Does anyone know if they examine us at 40 weeks? I haven't had anything internal yet.. The waiting game is on now isnt it! And first timer for me I feel like oh God how will I even know if I am in labour..

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

My 40week appointment was this week and nope, there is no internal exam, wasnt on last baby either, they dont really need to do one unless you had some signs of labour or something.

Its really just a normal appointment, blood pressure, scan, urine sample, ask how your feeling, i was asked if i wanted a sweep at any stage, I definitely do not want one of those! And that is about it, see me next week if not before! All very relaxed which i like!

Ih, i am in holles street too by the way!

And caitriona, interestingly enough the consultant didnt agree with me when i said they dont allow you go over 14 days, they actually will if circumstances are favuorable and thats what you want to do, which by the sounds of it you dont want!!!

Jesus can you imagine going even more than 14 days over?! I'd need to shut myself in a darkened room with no contact with the outside world. The never-ending texts and phone calls from all the busybodies would be all-consuming!

I had an internal exam at 39 and 40 weeks last time as I requested a sweep. They weren't really able to do it either time though as my cervix was unfavourable.

I remain convinced that this baby is gonna come early as I've so many niggles and pains though. I really hope I'm right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

Baby boy arrived at 4pm today. Although waters went, he was happy out where he was and I hadn’t dilated past 3cm after 8 hours. Consultant was only delighted to do a section as he wasn’t crazy keen on letting me labour too long since I had section at 34 weeks last time. Everything went fine and he appeared at weight of 7lbs 6oz.
    Congrats to all the other mums who’s babies have arrived and good luck to everyone else!!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭audi02

Baby boy arrived at 4pm today. Although waters went, he was happy out where he was and I hadn’t dilated past 3cm after 8 hours. Consultant was only delighted to do a section as he wasn’t crazy keen on letting me labour too long since I had section at 34 weeks last time. Everything went fine and he appeared at weight of 7lbs 6oz.
    Congrats to all the other mums who’s babies have arrived and good luck to everyone else!!

Aah congrats..loads of great news today and another fine sized little maneen.

Im intrigued to hear how his weight compared to your growth scans?

Well done you, hope you have a good recovery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

clacla82 wrote:
    Lying here breastfeeding my absolutely stunning little girl who arrived yesterday morning after a planned C section. I am just in love and it was the best day of my life yesterday. She was 6lb 3oz and eight days early. She is perfect!

Yay massive congratulations!
    For induction this morning!! God I’m torn now, can’t believe it’s actually happening

Hope things are moving along for you now!
    threepeas wrote:
    Our not so little boy arrived on Tuesday weighing in at 8.5pounds. So so tired but delighted with him.

More amazing news, congratulations!
    Baby boy arrived at 4pm today. Although waters went, he was happy out where he was and I hadn’t dilated past 3cm after 8 hours. Consultant was only delighted to do a section as he wasn’t crazy keen on letting me labour too long since I had section at 34 weeks last time. Everything went fine and he appeared at weight of 7lbs 6oz. Congrats to all the other mums who’s babies have arrived and good luck to everyone else!!

And another! Congratulations to you too!

Feeling so lucky to have our babies here, hopefully others will be along soon xox

Brillant news!! Big congrats to you, hope you are recovering well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Nothing happening with me anyways. Super crampy and uncomfortable but no proper contractions. Gonna try and sleep tonight

• Advertisement

Awh congrats!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭audi02

Nothing happening with me anyways. Super crampy and uncomfortable but no proper contractions. Gonna try and sleep tonight

Hang in there mirrorwall it wont be long either way.

Good luck tonight, fingers crossed you get some sleep tonight and baby will be here so soon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jodee08

Wow!! Lying here with my 4 year old between me & my husband unable to sleep so thought I’d check in. Can’t believe all the good news in a couple of days!
    clacla82 wrote: »
    Lying here breastfeeding my absolutely stunning little girl who arrived yesterday morning after a planned C section. I am just in love and it was the best day of my life yesterday. She was 6lb 3oz and eight days early. She is perfect!

Big congrats Ciacla. You sound so happy!
    threepeas wrote: »
    Our not so little boy arrived on Tuesday weighing in at 8.5pounds. So so tired but delighted with him.

Congratulations threepeas! So glad you didn’t have to wait too long!

Congrats afkasurfjunkie!! A lovely size. Hope the section recovery goes well!

I was in clinic yesterday and all good! BP still behaving beautifully & they’re very happy with my management of the GD - even mentioning a possible reduction in insulin! Back in 2 weeks for 38 week check and then scheduled section the following week!

Feel like I’ll be the last in this thread but glad to have a couple more weeks to get ready!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Was in to Coombe again today. She said she was going to do an internal and I think she caught my expression and asked if I wanted a sweep. I said no and she checked with my consultant and said that she would be happy to leave me to 41 weeks before induction, based on size, blood sugar, and fluid. So it'll be at most another 2 weeks before baba arrives. I'll be walking, swimming, and generally keeping active to encourage movement before that point.

kylith wrote: »
    Was in to Coombe again today. She said she was going to do an internal and I think she caught my expression and asked if I wanted a sweep. I said no and she checked with my consultant and said that she would be happy to leave me to 41 weeks before induction, based on size, blood sugar, and fluid. So it'll be at most another 2 weeks before baba arrives. I'll be walking, swimming, and generally keeping active to encourage movement before that point.

Ah thats good news! Is this your first and how many weeks are you now? I I was there Tues for my 38 week check no mention of any internal or anything but I am due back at 40 weeks so I think I would like an internal then for my own peace of mind to see if baby is even close to coming or not.. God these last few weeks are painful but it will be worth it soon for us :)

Ah thats good news! Is this your first and how many weeks are you now? I I was there Tues for my 38 week check no mention of any internal or anything but I am due back at 40 weeks so I think I would like an internal then for my own peace of mind to see if baby is even close to coming or not.. God these last few weeks are painful but it will be worth it soon for us :)

Yes, this is my 1st and I'm 39 weeks tomorrow. The fact that she asked if I wanted a sweep and didn't do an internal when I said no kind of makes me think that her only reason for the internal would have been to do a sweep. I did briefly consider it, just to get stuff under way because it is getting uncomfortable now, and I'm getting impatient to meet this little person!

Our little boy arrived this afternoon in a hurry just like his brother. 7lbs 11! Checked at 830 and was <1cm and couldn’t break the waters. Put in a prostaglandin, in full blown contractions by 1030 and he was born 1227.

Lost over a litre of blood and didn’t have enough antibiotic coverage (again!). Also blew out my IV line entirely and bled everywhere so it had to be re sited. Waiting for transfer to the ward still

Massive issues with the epidural. We had the head of anaesthetics as it happens and not only could he not get the spaces easily, even when he got in the tube wouldn’t go in. He’s been in to review with us already and to put a note in my file because it’s highly unusual.

Ah congrats mirrorwall! Delighted he is here safe and sound. Was the pushing stage fast? Also, does that mean the epi didn't work at all? And if so, how sore was it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

Our little boy arrived this afternoon in a hurry just like his brother. 7lbs 11! Checked at 830 and was <1cm and couldn’t break the waters. Put in a prostaglandin, in full blown contractions by 1030 and he was born 1227.

Lost over a litre of blood and didn’t have enough antibiotic coverage (again!). Also blew out my IV line entirely and bled everywhere so it had to be re sited. Waiting for transfer to the ward still

Massive issues with the epidural. We had the head of anaesthetics as it happens and not only could he not get the spaces easily, even when he got in the tube wouldn’t go in. He’s been in to review with us already and to put a note in my file because it’s highly unusual.

Wow, four hours! That must have been very intense for you, painful I am sure but then I always think you have to weigh it up, four hours of intense pain or 24 hours of slow burning pain.... Hard to know which is better!

It's all about the boys on this thread now though after a girly start! Congratulations!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭threepeas

Huge congratulations to you on your little boy. Enjoy every minute.

Jesus can you imagine going even more than 14 days over?! I'd need to shut myself in a darkened room with no contact with the outside world. The never-ending texts and phone calls from all the busybodies would be all-consuming!

I had an internal exam at 39 and 40 weeks last time as I requested a sweep. They weren't really able to do it either time though as my cervix was unfavourable.

I remain convinced that this baby is gonna come early as I've so many niggles and pains though. I really hope I'm right!

I added extra days to my due date this time because I couldn't take any more of it the last time. People had me annoyed. The sweep might work better on your second baby.

threepeas wrote: »
    I added extra days to my due date this time because I couldn't take any more of it the last time. People had me annoyed. The sweep might work better on your second baby.

Good idea! Although I'm only 38+3 today and have been getting those texts for about a week now so not sure how effective it would be with my lot!

I'm gonna ask midwife to examine me and sweep if possible on Wednesday when I'll be 39+1. Not sure if the Domino midwives are keen on sweeps but we shall see.

Sounds like you had a bit of an ordeal Mirrorwall, but thank goodness your little fella is here now :)

Good idea! Although I'm only 38+3 today and have been getting those texts for about a week now so not sure how effective it would be with my lot!

I'm gonna ask midwife to examine me and sweep if possible on Wednesday when I'll be 39+1. Not sure if the Domino midwives are keen on sweeps but we shall see.

It took me until my 3rd baby to wise up. I think people do start texting around 38 39 then you get a few days respite. Everywhere seems to be so different for the sweeps it's hard to know what to expect. On my first no sweep was offered. On my second they wouldn't do it until 8 days over. This time 4 days over I got one. Try not to get your hopes up anyway is the main thing and if they do it great. You never know anyway when you are having pains yourself you might be gone before then.

It's great that you are so active kylith. And in the two week countdown. Enjoy the last few days

THanks everyone and good luck to everyone waiting, it’s defintiely worth it!!

I had a pre appointment with anaesthetics so they had flagged that they’d need an ultrasound which they did use. It was actually kinda funny coz he (and the midwife) were soooo confident when I was trying to remind about the ultrasound because apparently he’s the best and never has problems. I seem to have been an exception as multiple staff have expressed massive surprise since. My other half thinks his ego took a knock that it didn’t work lol. Despite the four attempts he got a little in on the first attempt which made it far far easier from then on so I didn’t mind as much as I could have. I’m not convinced the last one even went in to be honest because I still needed gas and air for everything but then again he was only finished when I needed to push!

THanks everyone and good luck to everyone waiting, it’s defintiely worth it!!

I had a pre appointment with anaesthetics so they had flagged that they’d need an ultrasound which they did use. It was actually kinda funny coz he (and the midwife) were soooo confident when I was trying to remind about the ultrasound because apparently he’s the best and never has problems. I seem to have been an exception as multiple staff have expressed massive surprise since. My other half thinks his ego took a knock that it didn’t work lol. Despite the four attempts he got a little in on the first attempt which made it far far easier from then on so I didn’t mind as much as I could have. I’m not convinced the last one even went in to be honest because I still needed gas and air for everything but then again he was only finished when I needed to push!

A fast labour and trouble getting the epi in is tough! Last time the anaesthetist had to resite it so it took a little longer. My contractions were coming at such short intervals though that I had two contractions while he was putting the needle in my back. Trying to stay totally still in the throes of a super strong contraction was really tough!

Ahh big congrat to you and your family :) great news your baby is here safe and sound

• Advertisement

Yes, this is my 1st and I'm 39 weeks tomorrow. The fact that she asked if I wanted a sweep and didn't do an internal when I said no kind of makes me think that her only reason for the internal would have been to do a sweep. I did briefly consider it, just to get stuff under way because it is getting uncomfortable now, and I'm getting impatient to meet this little person!

Ah thats good to know, I am not due back in Coombe until 39 +6 and I got the impression they wont examine me until 41 weeks when I asked, so maybe ill just asked for a sweep then! I see the nurse in my GP next week at 39 weeks for normal BP and urine etc but I highly doubt she does any internal bits and bobs.. I go to her on the combined care inbetween hospital visits

Advertisement