Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2018 Babies club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Ah this makes me so glad to be doing the domino scheme haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

BFing in the early days is so tough. I found it extremely painful for the first few weeks. Have you had the latch checked by a LC? I hear lots of advice that it shouldn't be sore if the latch is correct. That wasn't my experience, although it did take us a while to get a good latch going.

This is something that's really annoyed me. I was gifted some books and one said that BF shouldn't hurt and the other said that labour wouldn't hurt unless the mother was afraid/tense. It irritates me no end that there are women out there who are stressing over labour and BF being painful and difficult and thinking that it's their fault. Of course labour is going to be painful. Of course BF can be difficult. It's not anyone's fault!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Ah this makes me so glad to be doing the domino scheme haha

I was hoping to get out under early release scheme but then diagnosed with Strep B meant I'd have 48 hour monitoring post delivery, then baby came early/is small/lost over 10% weight so was kept in the 4 nights. You can't bank on getting out early, although I hope for your sake you do! Bring proper ear/noise defenders just in case, the earplugs don't cut it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Cash_Q wrote: »
    I was hoping to get out under early release scheme but then diagnosed with Strep B meant I'd have 48 hour monitoring post delivery, then baby came early/is small/lost over 10% weight so was kept in the 4 nights. You can't bank on getting out early, although I hope for your sake you do! Bring proper ear/noise defenders just in case, the earplugs don't cut it!

Yeah group B was the long hold for us too as I didn’t have a full dose antibiotics on board again this time. I have never been so glad to have bad hearing in one ear. I slept on the good ear and kept my hand on his cot so I could feel it vibrate lol

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

I got away with just one night with my first babies so I have everything crossed that that's as long as I have to stay this time too but sure, you can't plan anything to do with this process eh??

Dreading the ol six bed ward if I do have to stay in, ugh!

• Advertisement

We’re out! Yippee!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭threepeas

We’re out! Yippee!

I know it's like run quick before they change their mind.

greenttc wrote: »
    I got away with just one night with my first babies so I have everything crossed that that's as long as I have to stay this time too but sure, you can't plan anything to do with this process eh??

Dreading the ol six bed ward if I do have to stay in, ugh!

I had a one bed room this time but the last time I was in a 6 bed. There is still loads of noise you can't escape it. Hospitals are just not places for resting and getting good sleep. Home now and the guilt kicks in that this that and the other needs doing. I wish it was easy to just switch off and relax.

kylith wrote: »
    This is something that's really annoyed me. I was gifted some books and one said that BF shouldn't hurt and the other said that labour wouldn't hurt unless the mother was afraid/tense. It irritates me no end that there are women out there who are stressing over labour and BF being painful and difficult and thinking that it's their fault. Of course labour is going to be painful. Of course BF can be difficult. It's not anyone's fault!

Oh I was told it was pressure i was feeling and no it was pain I'm adamant. Just give me the sympathy I need instead of trying to make me feel like I'm losing my mind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

threepeas wrote: »
    Oh I was told it was pressure i was feeling and no it was pain I'm adamant. Just give me the sympathy I need instead of trying to make me feel like I'm losing my mind!

There’s definitely a big adjustment at the beginning. I expressed and bfed my last boy too. He came early so I had to express for 3 weeks. I remember the nipple pain then too. They toughen up after a week or two.
    Just finished a feed here now and he’s panned out in my arms and I should put him back in the crib so I can catch up on sleep but he’s just so content it’s hard to let him go.

• Advertisement

There’s definitely a big adjustment at the beginning. I expressed and bfed my last boy too. He came early so I had to express for 3 weeks. I remember the nipple pain then too. They toughen up after a week or two.
    Just finished a feed here now and he’s panned out in my arms and I should put him back in the crib so I can catch up on sleep but he’s just so content it’s hard to let him go.

I meant the labour sorry. I am bottle feeding but my milk came in yesterday and my boobs are massive and very sore and always take so long to dry out. Awe it's so hard to put them back in to sleep. Really loving this little boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

threepeas wrote: »

I can't remember who it was, but I have heard someone say that labour is pressure in the same way that a hurricane is a brisk wind.

kylith wrote: »
    I can't remember who it was, but I have heard someone say that labour is pressure in the same way that a hurricane is a brisk wind.

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Entropy7

Little boy arrived overnight... 10 mins after getting to hospital. He is fabulous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Entropy7 wrote:
    Little boy arrived overnight... 10 mins after getting to hospital. He is fabulous.

Yay congratulations!! Had you laboured for long at home? 10 minutes is incredible!!

Entropy7 wrote: »

Omg that's impressive! I can't imagine how awful that car journey must have been! Congratulations and hope you and him are doing well.

It's only the 8th and we must have had two thirds of babies arrive already!

Omg congratulations. Brilliant timing little man

Oh wow entropy! Congratulations!

I second cash's question about how long you laboured at home beforehand? Defo interested to hear your story! And also second caitrionas comment that the car journey must have been tough!!!

More boys! How many of each have we got now? Making me wonder even more which gender is currently kicking away with me!

Yes can't believe we have so many babies already, and here was me wondering would I be the first with the earliest due date in October, how wrong I was!!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭audi02

Brill news congrats. 10 mins genie he wasn't hanging around

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Labour is pressure.It's ALSO pain. :-)
    What a silly statement!Congrats to all the new mammies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 WeatherRocks

Aww congrats Entropy!
    My babas due date is today - ain’t nothing happening here :-( can’t wait for it now.
    Was hoping it would happen over the weekend as my 3yr old was with his granny, ah well can’t plan these things!

BS:

4 hours of what I thought were pretend contractions. Been getting BH for a few days and lost plug on Saturday and Sunday in 2 chunks.

2 hours of 'this might be getting a bit more serious'
    Woke up husband then called hospital.
    1 hour to drop off daughter and dogs at grandparents. 15 mins to get from there to hospital.

10 mins in delivery room... uh oh. There's lots of 'pressure'. First check for progress: 10cm dilated plus baby descending.

Baby arrived. Lots of other stuff happened. It's all fine now.

Trying to establish breastfeeding on 30 mins doze in 30 hours is quite the challenge, but we'll keep at it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Well done entropy!Hpw the feck did you manage the hour to drop off daughter and dogs??The car journeys in nearly finish me!

Wow entropy fair play to you!!

First rough night last night, he just wasn’t for settling but eventually went down properly about 5am and got a bit of sleep then. Not helped by my milk coming in so waiting for it to dry up now. Also realised that this definitely didn’t happen last time around so this is a new phenomenal for me

Wow entropy, that was some going! As shesty said, fair play being able to manage the hour long drop off, we're you not in agony? That's the bit I am dreading out if all of it, the car journey! At the same time, nice that it all happened within 10 mins when you arrived!

I am sure you are wrecked!!!

Wow entropy fair play to you!!

First rough night last night, he just wasn’t for settling but eventually went down properly about 5am and got a bit of sleep then. Not helped by my milk coming in so waiting for it to dry up now. Also realised that this definitely didn’t happen last time around so this is a new phenomenal for me

Sounds like a long tough night mirrorwall!

1 hour car journey with contractions every 3 mins, it wasn't the best car journey.

1 hour car journey with contractions every 3 mins, it wasn't the best car journey.

Oh my god, seriously well done for getting through that, sounds awful. Not a car journey you will forget in a hurry!

God. 30 mins to the Rotunda with them every 6 minutes is fairly torturous to me. I can only imagine:eek:Job done now though:D

• Advertisement

Christ! I'd said your toddler didn't know what to make of it!

On my last baby, I just had to be on all fours for the strong contractions. I couldn't sit in a car. I am now having premonitions of me with the seat put back on my hands and knees facing backwards.... imagine the looks at traffic lights!!

How are you feeling, greenttc? Are you still totally Zen to be overdue, or are you turning into an angry bear now?

Advertisement