Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2018 Babies club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭audi02

Congrats ladies great news...well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Awake for hours. So uncomfortable. I want my body back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 carolayna

Jodee08 wrote: »

Oh no! Is there anything they can do?
    Looks like there is nothing more that can be done.. Waiting for received letter from them in post on monday but looks like I will be sitting home with baby and not getting anything:(

• Registered Users Posts: 32 WeatherRocks

Baby girl arrived on Thursday in Holles Street, she’s fab. 9 pounds and no tearing thanks to the midwives.
    Home yesterday. Not feeding very often though and dealing with very sore nipples here, looking forward to the midwives visit!
    I would advise bring more knickers and pjs than you thjnk! Also really loose fitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jodee08

Big congrats Weatherrocks! x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭threepeas

Baby girl arrived on Thursday in Holles Street, she’s fab. 9 pounds and no tearing thanks to the midwives.
    Home yesterday. Not feeding very often though and dealing with very sore nipples here, looking forward to the midwives visit!
    I would advise bring more knickers and pjs than you thjnk! Also really loose fitting.

Huge congrats to you. Hope the feeding picks up soon and the recovery is going well.

Well done to you! I'm sure you are delighted with your little lady. Hope you get some good help from the midwife re: feeding. A lactation consultant can be worth their weight in gold too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Great news Weatherrocks, congrats!!!

Multimam balm and multimam compresses are fantastic for sore nipples.

My little lady was not feeding much to start and was very sleepy at the breast, but two weeks on she is taking 60ml bottles of either breast milk or formula every 3 hours and feeding on demand at least 3 times per day up to 90 mins per feed, so she's really a guzzler now!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭clacla82

Congrats to all on the new arrivals!
    Can I ask.. My c section wound seemed completely fine all along and was checked every day in hospital and Monday by the PHN who all said it was perfect. Tonight I had a good look and there's a tiny scab at one end with a stitch poking through.. The rest is perfect and barely looks like a wrinkle. Anyone any experience of this? It's not inflamed or red or I don't have a temperature.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭clacla82

Can I ask.. My c section wound seemed completely fine all along and was checked every day in hospital and Monday by the PHN who all said it was perfect. Tonight I had a good look and there's a tiny scab at one end with a stitch poking through.. The rest is perfect and barely looks like a wrinkle. Anyone any experience of this? It's not inflamed or red or I don't have a temperature.

• Advertisement

clacla82 wrote:
    Congrats to all on the new arrivals! Can I ask.. My c section wound seemed completely fine all along and was checked every day in hospital and Monday by the PHN who all said it was perfect. Tonight I had a good look and there's a tiny scab at one end with a stitch poking through.. The rest is perfect and barely looks like a wrinkle. Anyone any experience of this? It's not inflamed or red or I don't have a temperature.

I've no experience of that, my scar seems to be pretty well sealed although I haven't been taking too much of a look at it as my belly hangs over it and my womb/insides get tender if I hold up the belly for a good look.

Maybe phone your PHN and ask what they think? Are you due another visit soon that they could take a look? I'm sure it goes without saying but try not to touch it too much if at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Well, the EDD is about to be over and while there's been plenty of movement there's no sign of any movement toward the exit.

Has anyone else still waiting taken to shouting 'get out' at the little lodger, or is it just me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

clacla82 wrote: »

I asked my phn about my stitches as I never thought to ask in hosp. She did say that one of them could work it’s way to the surface and not to worry if it did.
    Mine is causing me right strife. Seems to be oozin at one point in the middle. Happened before I left hosp so nurse added extra steri-strips and dr put me on antibiotics as a precaution. Phn has been applying a waterproof dressing over the area since she started visiting. It did great yesterday but after my shower this morning I could see it was bleeding again. It’s a pain cuz it healed perfectly last time I had section and I feel very conscious of every movement I make at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Orange369

Only catching up on all the news girls now, congrats to everyone in the last few days :) I am still here in the Coombe but 99% getting home today fingers crossed.. My waters started leaking Wednesday evening but as a first timer I wasnt really sure so didnt go to the hospital, Thursday woke up and getting pains throughout the day but not too regular and they were manageable, my OH made me call the assessment unit at 3pm just to ask about the fluid as I was getting more and more leaking and they said to come in and get checked, they checked and confirmed yes its water and told me I am staying in to have baby!! I almost died I was in shock.. As it was coming up to nearly 24 hrs since first noticed fluid they had to give me antibiotics and said ill be going to labour ward to go on drip.. Finally got to labour ward about 12.40am and then about 1.30am I was examined (2cm) and put on drip.. The drio had to be turned off after 20 mins as I was progression way too fast..I was asking for the epidural straight lol they gave me gas and air but it felt like I was going to faint I didnt like the feeling at all.. Next of all I was in a bad way with pain, they thought I was being dramatic until I said I need to go to the toilet and she looked down and said oohh your baby is ready to be born now!! 2.10 the head was out.. I will never forget it!!! But shes here now safe and sound that's all that matters.. I had to stay in for extra night for monitoring of blood pressure and watch for infection with the waters..

Sorry for long post! Thought it would be nice to share :) Thanks to you for all your advice and support over the pregnancy too

Wow orange369 that's incredible! Well done you! Hope you're enjoying all the baby snuggles and fingers crossed for you that you get out today

Orange369 wrote: »
    Only catching up on all the news girls now, congrats to everyone in the last few days :) I am still here in the Coombe but 99% getting home today fingers crossed.. My waters started leaking Wednesday evening but as a first timer I wasnt really sure so didnt go to the hospital, Thursday woke up and getting pains throughout the day but not too regular and they were manageable, my OH made me call the assessment unit at 3pm just to ask about the fluid as I was getting more and more leaking and they said to come in and get checked, they checked and confirmed yes its water and told me I am staying in to have baby!! I almost died I was in shock.. As it was coming up to nearly 24 hrs since first noticed fluid they had to give me antibiotics and said ill be going to labour ward to go on drip.. Finally got to labour ward about 12.40am and then about 1.30am I was examined (2cm) and put on drip.. The drio had to be turned off after 20 mins as I was progression way too fast..I was asking for the epidural straight lol they gave me gas and air but it felt like I was going to faint I didnt like the feeling at all.. Next of all I was in a bad way with pain, they thought I was being dramatic until I said I need to go to the toilet and she looked down and said oohh your baby is ready to be born now!! 2.10 the head was out.. I will never forget it!!! But shes here now safe and sound that's all that matters.. I had to stay in for extra night for monitoring of blood pressure and watch for infection with the waters..

Sorry for long post! Thought it would be nice to share :) Thanks to you for all your advice and support over the pregnancy too

That was very quick once it got going. Well done.

Orange369 wrote: »

Jaysus I'd say that was the worst 20 minutes of your life! The relief when it was all over must have been immense.

kylith wrote: »
    Well, the EDD is about to be over and while there's been plenty of movement there's no sign of any movement toward the exit.

Has anyone else still waiting taken to shouting 'get out' at the little lodger, or is it just me?

Awe kylith I was literally saying to the bump get out now as my due date came and went. Hopefully it won't be too long now. Try and plan something nice to distract yourself

Well done weatherrocks thats fantastic news. Hope recovery is going well.

Sorry was just catching up on thread and congratulating people again. Baby brain well and truly set in here. Sleep deprivation. The baby seems very unsettled between feeds even after a good long time spent winding. We are wrecked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

Anybody due on Halloween Night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

threepeas wrote: »
    Awe kylith I was literally saying to the bump get out now as my due date came and went. Hopefully it won't be too long now. Try and plan something nice to distract yourself

I felt a bit mean doing it, but it seems that it's really not an unusual thing to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

Sorry was just catching up on thread and congratulating people again. Baby brain well and truly set in here. Sleep deprivation. The baby seems very unsettled between feeds even after a good long time spent winding. We are wrecked.

Sames. I could bfeed all day. It’s getting the blasted wind up after that’s the pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

kylith wrote: »

Yes. I’ve taken to randomly shouting at the bump that it’s time to get out!

Two days to due date over here. I was so sure, from all the symptoms I've been having, that he would be here weeks ago! How wrong I was. Fully expecting to go overdue again now.

We are moving house in four weeks, if all goes to plan. So I could really do without going overdue!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jodee08

My waters broke this morning! I’m on the way into the hospital now! Supposed to be sectioned next Tues so it’ll be today instead!!

My waters broke this morning! I’m on the way into the hospital now! Supposed to be sectioned next Tues so it’ll be today instead!!

Oh wow! Best of luck to you!

Best of luck jodee08

Two days to due date over here. I was so sure, from all the symptoms I've been having, that he would be here weeks ago! How wrong I was. Fully expecting to go overdue again now.

We are moving house in four weeks, if all goes to plan. So I could really do without going overdue!

Enjoy your last few days. I hope you have some help lined up for the house move.

• Advertisement

Enjoy your last few days. I hope you have some help lined up for the house move.

I've been doing bits of packing as I go and am hoping to just clear off altogether and let my husband at it when the day comes. However it's complicated by my in-laws coming over from the uk on the exact same date to meet the baby! I may just go up north to my parents house with the kids and they can meet baby a day or two later than planned.

Awful night last night. My one year old woke when I walked past his room to go to the loo (he is a really light sleeper) and was awake for 4 hours. Lots of screaming. I got about 3 hours sleep on aggregate. Feel like a rubbish mum today now and really emotional.

Advertisement