Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2018 Babies club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jodee08

Hi all!
    Baby boy born at 12.29pm by section!
    Due to the GD, his blood sugars are a bit low so he’s currently in ICU just getting them back up again!
    He’s a little dote!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭threepeas

Jodee08 wrote: »
    Hi all!
    Due to the GD, his blood sugars are a bit low so he’s currently in ICU just getting them back up again!
    He’s a little dote!

Just checked in for an update. Fantastic news jodee08. How big was he? Hope you are recovering well. Plenty of rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Jodee08 wrote: »
    Hi all!
    He’s a little dote!

Excellent news!! Hope he's out of the ICU and snuggled up with you very very soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Jodee08 wrote:
    Hi all! Baby boy born at 12.29pm by section! Due to the GD, his blood sugars are a bit low so he’s currently in ICU just getting them back up again! He’s a little dote!

Congratulations! Hopefully his sugars are back up in no time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

So happy for you Jodee! And welcome to the little man!

Over here I've been having some cramping on and off all day. Am hoping that this might be the start of it and that it won't taper off like the other week.

• Advertisement

Fair play to you ladies still hanging in there, halfway through October now, hopefully more babies will be born any day now! Can't imagine the frustration, but of course it will be worth the wait.

Lying here with baby just finished 3am feed and god she's so good, just waiting on her to get into a deep sleep before putting her back in her co sleeper, but really she's amazing. She wakes right on time for a bottle and guzzles it quickly, has her wind up in no time and just nods off again. Fingers crossed she stays this way for a long time. Still breast feeding her too but she only cluster feeds for an hour or two at some points in the day and night but settles very quickly once she's filled up by a bottle.

Hubby went back to work today and I managed to get dressed, unload the washing machine, sterilize all the bottles and turn on the dishwasher before a friend called over for a few hours. Then made up a few bottles and fed her one plus a quick feed on the boob before a 20 minute walk. Sorry if I sound all smug but I'm very f3cking proud of ourselves for managing so well, I really dreaded hubby going back to work but we did great!

Well that's me at my due date. Celebrating with 3 hours sleep on aggregate last night (thanks to my one year old), followed by awful insomnia tonight.

Not a whisper of the baby coming but for once I don't care, as I'm just too tired to deal with childbirth right now! So the squats and lunges and birthing ball can go to hell. Instead, I'll be lying on the sofa with a toddler crawling all over me, slapping me repeatedly on the face and yelling, "mammy, UP!!!"

I think I've changed my mind. I'm not ready for two under two after all.

Oh Catrionanic you poor thing :( you must be shattered :( is there anyone you could call on for help to take your little one for 24 hours just to give you some rest? Between the insomnia and the impending house move I don't know how you are not cracking up completely, I would be. You're doing great, hang in there! For your sake I hope baby doesn't come for another few days at least, so you might get some rest in first.

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Oh Catrionanic you poor thing :( you must be shattered :( is there anyone you could call on for help to take your little one for 24 hours just to give you some rest? Between the insomnia and the impending house move I don't know how you are not cracking up completely, I would be. You're doing great, hang in there! For your sake I hope baby doesn't come for another few days at least, so you might get some rest in first.

4 weeks til moving day now!!! I'm actually really wanting baby to come soon because of that. Can't imagine moving while we are still dealing with cracked nipples and maternity pads, to be honest. We also have to go into town to sign lots of documents with solicitor in a week or two, and I'm trying to envisage me waddling around the city centre with my stitches and piles, baby in a sling and toddler running rings around me... last time I hardly left the house for the first two weeks, so I don't want to be doing that trip with baby fresh out of the womb either!

I'm trying not to think about the actual move. And all the stuff we have to get done. My husband is Mr Last Minute so that stresses me too as if I don't do everything myself, something will go wrong. I've been doing lots of packing and sorting and binning - house is full of boxes. The last 4 weekends I've asked him just to take a bin bag upstairs and go through his clothes and he's not even done that yet! I may have to just clear off altogether with the children and leave him to it as it's stressful just to watch!

Glad to hear your wee woman is a good wee guzzler and sleeping well, anyway. I'm holding out hope for a good sleeper this time around!!! Although to be honest, now that I know what to expect with the cluster feeds and stuff, I'm hoping I'll be less bothered by all the wakings. I'll probably give co-sleeping a go this time if he's as much of a night owl as his brother was.

Must only be 4 or 5 of us left now!

We moved in April and my husband was the exact same, did next to nothing in terms of sorting and packing, and also did the bare minimum with unpacking. Now he's looking for things like a cover for his iPod...as if I have a clue which yet to be unpacked shoebox or other box of crap it's in. We have boxes of his going back 4/5 house moves that are still waiting to be cleared of old bills and letters and broken wires etc...

Sounds like you have so much on your plate, the thoughts of doing all that while recovering from childbirth..I suppose survival instinct will just kick in because you have to get it all done.

This little lady has been feeding since my post at 3.30 when I attempted to put her down...next bottle due at 6am..hopefully she'll go back down for me at some point before that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Congrats to the new arrivals and a big hug to those still waiting.

We’re dealing with a sick three year old and the new baby so serious lack of sleep going on. Sitting at the GP now too because i stopped my own labetelol over the weekend as it was literally knocking me over. Heart rate was down in the 50s all the time. Blood pressure has been perfect since so hopefully it stays that way and the GP doesn’t give off to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Another one born here! Started getting proper cramps about 9:30pm, when they hit 3 minutes between at 3:30am we went to the Coombe. Waters broke around 4, and a beautiful girl was in my arms by 6:30!

No time for an epidural and it was not fun. Was so fast that after she was born I looked down and was shocked to see her.

Aw congrats kylith that's great news. Must have been agony to progress so quick but great to get her in your arms!

I spoke too soon about my little angel...fed from 3.30 straight through to 6, then fussy on and off the boob from 9-11 til I took her into the bed beside me which I know is not advised but I was so wrecked I couldn't think of anything else to do. Dragged ourselves out of bed at 12 for the PHN who never showed up!

I don't know how any of you are managing on less sleep because I know I'm getting a lot in fairness, but it is bloody hard.

Mirrorwall14 I hope your toddler improves soon and fingers crossed BP is settled, I'm off my meds as of tomorrow and I'll be glad

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

kylith wrote: »
    Another one born here! Started getting proper cramps about 9:30pm, when they hit 3 minutes between at 3:30am we went to the Coombe. Waters broke around 4, and a beautiful girl was in my arms by 6:30!

No time for an epidural and it was not fun. Was so fast that after she was born I looked down and was shocked to see her.

Congratulations! Sounds very quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭audi02

kylith wrote: »

Great news congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭clacla82

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Aw congrats kylith that's great news. Must have been agony to progress so quick but great to get her in your arms!

I spoke too soon about my little angel...fed from 3.30 straight through to 6, then fussy on and off the boob from 9-11 til I took her into the bed beside me which I know is not advised but I was so wrecked I couldn't think of anything else to do. Dragged ourselves out of bed at 12 for the PHN who never showed up!

I don't know how any of you are managing on less sleep because I know I'm getting a lot in fairness, but it is bloody hard.

Mirrorwall14 I hope your toddler improves soon and fingers crossed BP is settled, I'm off my meds as of tomorrow and I'll be glad

I have my little one in the bed mostly, it turns out "everyone" does it, the midwives and the lactation consultant advised it! I do try get her in the Co sleeper for one or two stints during the night, with a view to hopefully getting her in there for the full night soon. The breastfeeding is going so well thank god, the cluster feeding in the evening is tiring but I know it won't last. Getting 6/7 hours sleep a night in stages and then get another nap during the day. I really don't think I can complain!

Congrats on the latest babies, Kylith that sounds like a lightning fast delivery no wonder you were in shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 WeatherRocks

Congrats to all the new arrivals! everyone seems to be having super fast labours. Feeling for anyone overdue, it will happen soon! It is nice to not have to rock myself out of bed :)
    I read a bit on co-sleeping and I think if your breastfeeding and keep all blankets out of the way then its perfectly safe and the best way to get any sleep! I have a co-sleeper and already shes in the bed more.
    Had one night in a cycle of feeding - change nappy - wont settle - feed again - need another nappy change. Awake all night, thought I may lose the plot.
    Midwives said it was just my milk coming in and her getting supply up. I feel like I have enough milk in there to feed 3 babies, looking forward to it settling down a bit! Shes been keeping my 3yr old awake as well, think the best thing for us is for hubbie to sleep in with 3yr old and Ill just handle the nights by myself.

Congrats on the new mammies and babies!!! All these fast labours are making me nervous!

Weatherrocks, my wee boy is a really light sleeper and our house is very small with very thin walls, so I'm worried about him being woken up by baby a lot. Have you tried leaving a white noise machine on all night in his room? That's the only idea I've got, but have been worrying about the same issue.

I'm still here, waddling around and getting stuck in sofas. Officially overdue now, but thankfully less of a hormonal nutcase than I was last time I went over. My parents are taking my wee boy away for a few days again so hoping to have baby here before the week is out.

I am having sooooo much mum guilt about shaking the foundations of my wee man's life though. Especially given that I'm sending him away! How are the new mammies dealing with this? Any tips on introducing the older sibling to the new baby? My boy is only a year and 8 months, so too young to understand but not too young to get jealous, I fear!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Entropy7

Yep. We have the husband in with the 3 year old and I have the baby in another room.

Just so some of us get sleep.

I was thinking of trying tonight with baby and me in with the husband to see how we get on. We can always bail out if no one is sleeping.

Mirrorwall, my labetalol has been increased to 3 times daily after the birth. I imagine the pain, stress of 3 year old throwing tantrums, new baby and hormones is all adding up to create havoc with my blood pressure readings.

We are on day 9 of little man here. Absolutely love him. Second time around parenting is pure joy, for everything to do with the baby. I'm enjoying all aspects of looking after the baby so much more this time around. Whereas, I was just terrified of everything when my daughter was born, and I'm well used to sleepless nights so, can handle the baby part of this so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Entropy7

Catrionanic... shaking up my daughter's life is difficult. She is actually doing very well with learning how to be careful around the baby, being less boisterous.

I've been giving her jobs to do to help me, for example, including her when I'm changing nappies, picking out baby grows, drawing pictures for baby, remembering to be gentle. She does act up, and that is very stressful.

She was my baby up until Sunday 7th October and admittedly I've let her away with far too much over her 3 years. Now she's a big girl and a big sister. It will be wonderful in time, we just need to give her some time to adjust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭audi02

Congrats on the new mammies and babies!!! All these fast labours are making me nervous!

Weatherrocks, my wee boy is a really light sleeper and our house is very small with very thin walls, so I'm worried about him being woken up by baby a lot. Have you tried leaving a white noise machine on all night in his room? That's the only idea I've got, but have been worrying about the same issue.

I'm still here, waddling around and getting stuck in sofas. Officially overdue now, but thankfully less of a hormonal nutcase than I was last time I went over. My parents are taking my wee boy away for a few days again so hoping to have baby here before the week is out.

I am having sooooo much mum guilt about shaking the foundations of my wee man's life though. Especially given that I'm sending him away! How are the new mammies dealing with this? Any tips on introducing the older sibling to the new baby? My boy is only a year and 8 months, so too young to understand but not too young to get jealous, I fear!

Our boy is just gone 22 months when our little bundle arrived and I have to say hes great he hasnt even noticed the baby really. The baby bought him toys which he loved. I was also afraid of the baby waking him but turns out hes a much deeper sleeper than i ever knew ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Off the labetelol here with GP approval and switched iron to something milder on the stomach which is great. Feet swelling has finally gone down so all that’s left now is lingering carpel tunnel in my right wrist

Our lad (3.5) has coped very well so far with the new arrival. Maybe a little slide in terms of crankiness but very mild. He loved going to grandma and grandads for the birth while mammy was in hospital (he was spoilt rotten). Baby got him a present and vice Versa. We have a fierce noisy house upstairs (floors creak like you can’t imagine!) so he has been woken occasionally but we stick with routine (apart from his illness) and it’s straight back to sleep because ‘the clock isn’t yellow and it’s night time’.

At the moment I take baby in our room with the cosleeer (though like many he ends up on the bed a lot) from 10-4/5 sleeping between the bottles and my husband takes over for that morning feed somewhere between 5-6. We should hopefully be able to continue that when he’s back to work as he has always been an early riser

Midwife couldn't do a sweep this morning as my cervix is still too high. Disappointed. She says she can't see me going myself within the next couple of days anyway.

So cancelled the wee man's visit to his grandparents. If I'm still pregnant on Monday (which I probably will be), they'll take him then instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

Midwife couldn't do a sweep this morning as my cervix is still too high. Disappointed. She says she can't see me going myself within the next couple of days anyway.

So cancelled the wee man's visit to his grandparents. If I'm still pregnant on Monday (which I probably will be), they'll take him then instead.

Same for me. Due tomorrow but the consultant did a physical exam and it’s not looking like it’ll be anytime soon. So disheartening. I should make the most of my time alone to rest up but I hate the wait!

At least it means I can head to a very good friend’s wedding at the weekend.

aidom wrote: »
    Same for me. Due tomorrow but the consultant did a physical exam and it’s not looking like it’ll be anytime soon. So disheartening. I should make the most of my time alone to rest up but I hate the wait!

It sucks, doesn't it? My friend has just told me that she had the same experience as me on a Saturday afternoon, and her waters went themselves on the Monday morning. So here is hoping!

We are supposed to be moving house in 4 weeks and I'm very conscious of how hard it's going to be, made even harder by an even younger baby.

Aw you must be so disappointed. Good thinking though to put off the visit to his grandparents.
    aidom wrote:

Wow, fair play! We went to a wedding when I was 34/35weeks and I found it really tough, don't be afraid to leave whenever you've had enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 WeatherRocks

My son always came into the big bed around 1am so we let that continue as we didn’t want him to feel anything changed , but baby was waking him up and he was so tired so now he seems happy to let Dad go into his bed. Some nights I think it’ll be me and two kids in the big bed though! Lots of my family brought presents for 3 yr old and with Hubbie off work for 3 weeks one of us can always pay him attention.

I feel for you being overdue. I thought she would never be born. I was getting so annoyed doing lunges and drinking raspberry tea etc that i think it can be better mentally to do none of them and try get it off your mind

Yeah I'm a hormonal mess today. Husband working late every night for the last month so I'm single mothering.

I ordered a takeaway for myself earlier and it didn't come. So I ordered it again, and once again it didn't come. I sat there in tears over a feckin takeaway!

So much can change so quickly. On dd2 at 8 days over they told me nothing was happening and booked my induction for a few days later. The following day she was born. So less than 24 hours from nothing. Having had 3 overdue babies I feel for you though.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm a hormonal mess today. Husband working late every night for the last month so I'm single mothering.

I ordered a takeaway for myself earlier and it didn't come. So I ordered it again, and once again it didn't come. I sat there in tears over a feckin takeaway!

That sucks about the takeaway. And I think alot of us can relate to the hormonal mess. Don't be so hard on yourself.

Advertisement