Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2018 Babies club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Guestboarder

Best of luck guestboarder!

First time in the sling here. I have a beco Gemini structured carrier from my first. Starting to suspect this one will be a silent reflux baby too. Some fairly epic wet burps and making the faces lying down etc. After trying out my sisters I’ve also ordered a je Porte mon Bebe ring sling last weekend but no word on shipping yetwhich is frustrating!

Thank you! Been having contractions since this morning but my head is MELTED! they are regular one hour then irregular the next, so intense one minute then bearable the next....ive no idea what’s going on, wasn’t like this at all on the last two!! No idea when to go in or what to be doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭threepeas

Thank you! Been having contractions since this morning but my head is MELTED! they are regular one hour then irregular the next, so intense one minute then bearable the next....ive no idea what’s going on, wasn’t like this at all on the last two!! No idea when to go in or what to be doing!

Would you not pop in for a quick once over, they may be able to help you along.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

If not, try some yoga moves on alll fours etc.Could be prodromal type labour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I had this for about 16 hours before the proper contractions started. I had no doubt in my mind about when I needed to go into hospital though because they got so much stronger when they properly started. It sounds like your body is doing a warm-up and you'll be on your way very soon though!

I have a stomach bug and running to the loo every couple of hours since yesterday lunch time. Baby is also having a total meltdown tonight, and my husband is out. When it rains, it pours!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

I had this for about 16 hours before the proper contractions started. I had no doubt in my mind about when I needed to go into hospital though because they got so much stronger when they properly started. It sounds like your body is doing a warm-up and you'll be on your way very soon though!

I have a stomach bug and running to the loo every couple of hours since yesterday lunch time. Baby is also having a total meltdown tonight, and my husband is out. When it rains, it pours!

Oh god caitriona, I had that bug too its not nice at all, I had puking too, very hard to deal with, with a newborn and toddler! Get that husband back home, this is no night for him to be out you need to lie in bed and try and concentrate on getting better!

• Advertisement

Oh no I’m so sorry to hear that that’s awful :-( you poor thing!

Oh no way really!? Did you find it had helped towards dilation it anything when you got in there? I’m at it about 13/14 hrs now so hoping it kicks off tonight or in the early hours at some point!

threepeas wrote: »
    Would you not pop in for a quick once over, they may be able to help you along.

I probably should have at some point today! I’m regretting it now!

Our little boy, Conor, arrived in a hurry last night at 8.59pm. Had been having very mild contractions all day which were not progressing. Left Holles St at 4pm after anti-D. They had said that I could stay if I wanted, but I knew myself that the contractions were too mild, and when the midwife checked me, my cervix wasn't doing much.

Got home at 4.45. My parents had been minding my toddler and they headed off for dinner with my sister at 5.30. Suddenly at 6, contractions were coming two minutes apart and much stronger. I rang them to say to come back. They were 25 minutes away and raced back. Didn't even say hello to them- literally got straight into our car while they were parking theirs and left.

Got to delivery suite at 7.30. Waters went within minutes and midwife said I was 2cm. I cried because I was frightened that once my waters went, labour would be too fast and intense. This theme continued for the next hour of me asking for it to slow down. Midwife thought it was hilarious and said I am the only woman in the world who asks for labour to last longer.

Laboured in total silence, weirdly, face down on birthing ball, until I hit transition around 8.30 and started crying and begging for epi. Kept saying No No No No No as I was so scared of the pain. Midwife asked me to do three more contractions for her and then she would get me the epi (she knew rightly I had hit transition). But three contractions later, he was lying between my legs on the mat beneath me.

It was mad how my body just did it. The pushing was completely involuntary. The midwife didn't tell me to do it, my body just did. I literally could've delivered him on my own in a field.

Also not even a pick of pain relief. Didn't go near the gas and air. It was obviously very painful, but nowhere near as bad as I had been told the pushing would be (I had an epidural on my last). Contractions were very intense but I got through them. I am amazed by it all.

I must've looked a right picture though. I delivered him on my knees over the ball while repeatedly screaming No No No No No, hiding my face in an (empty!) sick bowl. I sounded exactly like our toddler saying No No No No No when you take him away from the park. I dunno why I felt the need to burrow my face into the sick bowl like that. Must've liked the echo!

Just read this again and my questions were answered. I do think mine will be pretty quick too once it actually kicks off x

The toilet trips have finally stopped (thank you, Imodium), alleluia. Means I've managed to get a couple of hours sleep here and there.

Did anyone else feel really sad about their last midwife visit? I have honestly had the most wonderful midwives ever. Their last visit was supposed to be today, with PHN starting on Tuesday, but they are coming again on Saturday for me as they could see I was very emotional still. We won't be in the catchment area for the Holles St Domino scheme for my next baby, and I feel really sad about that too. It has been honestly amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Did anyone else feel really sad about their last midwife visit? I have honestly had the most wonderful midwives ever.

I had 4 nights in hospital after baby was born so only had one midwife visit at home on day 5, and she was a real b1tch, I'm so glad she didn't have to call again. Luckily we had two very nice PHNs call 4 times since as baby is so small, and they've been great for advice and just plain lovely and supportive.

• Advertisement

Cash_Q wrote: »
    I had 4 nights in hospital after baby was born so only had one midwife visit at home on day 5, and she was a real b1tch, I'm so glad she didn't have to call again. Luckily we had two very nice PHNs call 4 times since as baby is so small, and they've been great for advice and just plain lovely and supportive.

There is always one isn't there to leave a sour taste. My phn this time is lovely thankfully but I did meet one nurse on my first baby and I can still remember her words.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

My little lad arrived yesterday by elective c section. I was 41 weeks with GD and there was no sign of him coming so I went with the quicker option!

We’ve named him Shay. I’m delighted to not be pregnant anymore. Even though he’s proving himself to be a very hungry little man so far!

aidom wrote: »
    My little lad arrived yesterday by elective c section. I was 41 weeks with GD and there was no sign of him coming so I went with the quicker option!

We’ve named him Shay. I’m delighted to not be pregnant anymore. Even though he’s proving himself to be a very hungry little man so far!

Huge congratulations to you. Beautiful name too. I also was delighted to not be pregnant anymore couldn't wait for it to end and never be pregnant again but not it all seems very final. And kind of sad.

The toilet trips have finally stopped (thank you, Imodium), alleluia. Means I've managed to get a couple of hours sleep here and there.

Did anyone else feel really sad about their last midwife visit? I have honestly had the most wonderful midwives ever. Their last visit was supposed to be today, with PHN starting on Tuesday, but they are coming again on Saturday for me as they could see I was very emotional still. We won't be in the catchment area for the Holles St Domino scheme for my next baby, and I feel really sad about that too. It has been honestly amazing.

Glad you are feeling better that's the last thing you need at the moment.
    Are you planning the next one already fair play to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

My PHN was very brisk and I’m not in the catchment area for midwives so honestly not missing that. However being in the Coombe and not pregnant was suuuuuper odd!!

Threepeas I’m the same, I don’t really want a third/we can’t afford it in my opinion and definitely don’t want to do pregnancy or SPD again however it does feel very final

My PHN was very brisk and I’m not in the catchment area for midwives so honestly not missing that. However being in the Coombe and not pregnant was suuuuuper odd!!

Threepeas I’m the same, I don’t really want a third/we can’t afford it in my opinion and definitely don’t want to do pregnancy or SPD again however it does feel very final

We just had our third and two weeks before he was born I was so done. But now I don't know maybe it's hormones. I had spd on my second and only a bare touch this time but I really took it very easy on myself no floors or lifting kids or heavy loads and had a big age gap. But I think we are finished alright now. Dh is very sure.

After a day of contractions yesterday it’s all calmed down now and I’m still very much pregnant. I’m 40w +5 today and absolutely exhausted from the pain yesterday and lasting pressure pains today. I can barely walk without being floored by unbelievable pressure pains. I lost my plug on Wednesday night so really hoping it’ll be any day now, but to get this amount of pain without labour is just baffling to me!! And seriously frustrating! :-(

After a day of contractions yesterday it’s all calmed down now and I’m still very much pregnant. I’m 40w +5 today and absolutely exhausted from the pain yesterday and lasting pressure pains today. I can barely walk without being floored by unbelievable pressure pains. I lost my plug on Wednesday night so really hoping it’ll be any day now, but to get this amount of pain without labour is just baffling to me!! And seriously frustrating! :-(

My heart goes out to you that sounds awful. And tiring. Would you not go in for a check maybe all you need is a sweep to kick it off?

Ah guestboarder, you poor wee thing. Being 40 weeks plus is just ridiculously rough. And very frustrating. I really hope it all kicks off for you tonight or tomorrow. At least you know from losing the plug that your cervix is starting to change.

Girls, I'm a baby nutcase. Always have been. We are going to have one more but my husband is adamant that he is done then. He had said that if we had had a girl this time, he would be stopping at two.

But I'm already feeling emotional that I'll only get to do this one more time! Crazy, I know. It Is just as well that I struggle so much with pregnancy... If I sailed through symptom-free, I would be wanting ten!

I'm now thinking I would like four.... but have absolutely zero hope of convincing the husband on that! If I had a willing husband, I'd probably be like that woman on The Rotunda last week who was in with baby number 10.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

aidom wrote:

Huge congratulations!!

I am SO happy to not be pregnant any more but it's our first so I'm sure we will have at least one more...I always said 4 or 5 but I really found pregnancy tough, and that was without any major problems, so I don't think I'll have that many kids after all! Really want to enjoy her first so will probably wait til 2020 to try again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Congrats Aidom, and welcome to baby Shay! A good appetite is, I think, a good sign.

I wasn’t bothered about finishing with the midwives. The second one who came in recommended homeopathic remedies for me that wouldn’t have worked even if they weren’t homeopathic. Love my PHN though. She’s lovely and she’s sensible.

threepeas wrote: »
    My heart goes out to you that sounds awful. And tiring. Would you not go in for a check maybe all you need is a sweep to kick it off?

I’ve been seriously considering this so think I’ll defo go in tomo if nothing has happened between now and then! I’ve always had this fear of going in and being frowned at for wasting their time!

Ah guestboarder, you poor wee thing. Being 40 weeks plus is just ridiculously rough. And very frustrating. I really hope it all kicks off for you tonight or tomorrow. At least you know from losing the plug that your cervix is starting to change.

Girls, I'm a baby nutcase. Always have been. We are going to have one more but my husband is adamant that he is done then. He had said that if we had had a girl this time, he would be stopping at two.

But I'm already feeling emotional that I'll only get to do this one more time! Crazy, I know. It Is just as well that I struggle so much with pregnancy... If I sailed through symptom-free, I would be wanting ten!

I'm now thinking I would like four.... but have absolutely zero hope of convincing the husband on that! If I had a willing husband, I'd probably be like that woman on The Rotunda last week who was in with baby number 10.....

Thank you! Fingers crossed here too!

I’m a bit like you on the baby front! I come from a family of 7 and have always wanted a big family, once I started having kids though my ideal number of 6 dropped to 4! This baby is my third and I found myself feeling content with that number now! Although as I come to the end of the pregnancy I find it very tough to think that I’ll never do it again! :-(

My partner is an only child and only wanted one baby so the fact we had three is a shock to me, and I now find that as soon as I started saying that this was the last, he was suddenly the one saying “well maybe one more”.....so maybe try that with your husband when it comes to having a fourth Catrionanic! The reverse psychology might work!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Entropy7

I'm second of 5 kids in my family, my husband is five of 5...

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Entropy7

I'm second of 5 kids in my family, my husband is five of 5.

We now have 2, a girl and a boy. Looks like we are done. Although I always thought I wanted loads of kids, I feel like I'm done now. I was never going to have just the one, by choice, so now we have 2, I can be satisfied.

I've had 5 pregnancies, lost 3, gained 2, had pregnancy hypertension and both successful times I bled too much after the births (2L and 1L). Think its time to draw a line under all of that and get on with enjoying the rest of my life. It's a n8ce place to be!

41wks +1.........still here. In FLYING form. Not. :-(

Oh god love you. You must feel like you've been pregnant forever. You have my full sympathy. I was 41 weeks exactly with my first and it was torture.

I suppose the only consolation is that you can't possibly be pregnant for more than another few days as you'll be induced if you don't go very soon. And odds are, you will go before an induction would even be needed.

Best of luck to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

You poor thing! When I hit 40 I was already so over being pregnant; I can only imagine how you feel. Is there any plan to move things along for you?

Oh god guest boarder I feel your pain. Went to 41+2 with my second it was hard going. Do something fun for you you won't be pregnant for very much longer that's for sure. Best of luck over the next few days

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Guestboarder, I went to 42 weeks with my second, and I had prodromal labour for about 5 weeks!! I remember being in the supermarket breathing through contractions and the woman at the checkout looking convinced I was going to go into full blown labour on the spot (she had been through a few herself!) and me waving at her and saying "ah no, it's going nowhere, it's just a thing it's doing at the moment!".I was 100% convinced from 37 weeks I would go any day, given how bad it was. Little fecker kicked into full blown labour about 3 hours before I was due to head to the Rotunda for an induction. Had the sweep and everything at 41 weeks - it upped the ante with the contractions but that was all! She decided to come exactly when it suited her (and she's still the same!).

In hindsight I wonder if it was because she was facing the wrong way - like towards my....front?...instead of the back. Yoga positions on all fours, swaying, and child's pose and the like can help that, maybe you could try some of them?You poor thing, I absolutely feel your pain, it's a like a slow form of torture.:eek::eek:

Advertisement