Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2018 Babies club

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Is anyone else’s moving into 3-6? Seamus is 4.5 weeks now and I was thinking they were starting to get small and my mum just confirmed it. My first was so small compared to this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Is anyone else’s moving into 3-6? Seamus is 4.5 weeks now and I was thinking they were starting to get small and my mum just confirmed it. My first was so small compared to this!

Wow he is a big boy! Conor is long but now just a bit big for the up to 1 month clothes. Gonna switch over to 0-3. He is 2.5 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭threepeas

Same here swapped them over the weekend. He's no where near the weight limit but is a super long baby. No value out of all the lovely clothes

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

Yes!!! And could have should have swapped into 3 to 6 over a week ago, he isn't even a month old but he seems to be really long, still have to roll up sleeves but his poor toes are squashed into the feet of baby gros!

My first baby was very true to size and moved into the different sizes as he reached the month written on the label

greenttc wrote: »
    Yes!!! And could have should have swapped into 3 to 6 over a week ago, he isn't even a month old but he seems to be really long, still have to roll up sleeves but his poor toes are squashed into the feet of baby gros!

My first baby was very true to size and moved into the different sizes as he reached the month written on the label

My first was the same. But this one some of the clothes I bought never even went near him. One lovely cardi thing I bought his arms wouldn't even fit in it. And he has a wardrobe full of presents in size 3-6 that he will have to get his skates on for wearing

• Advertisement

threepeas wrote: »
    My first was the same. But this one some of the clothes I bought never even went near him. One lovely cardi thing I bought his arms wouldn't even fit in it. And he has a wardrobe full of presents in size 3-6 that he will have to get his skates on for wearing

You'll just have to keep them for baby number 4 then!!!

You'll just have to keep them for baby number 4 then!!!

I think now that might be tempting fate. We got rid of all our old stuff and this is going into a box as it gets too small and I think we will get rid. We already have a early full box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Wow C is 6 weeks today and still in Tiny Baby size, just about fits into some newborn size but they're still really loose on her too lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

LO is 3 weeks now and moving into 0-3 month gear, I thought she was getting so big; I can’t believe some are moving into 3-6!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Orange369

Omg 3-6!! My girl is 4 weeks tomorrow and just starting to move into up to one month now..

• Advertisement

I cannot bloody sleep with the snuffling tonight. He had improved but there’s obviously something caught in his nose far back because he is super bloody loud and keeps waking himself. I’m overtired and can’t switch off. Feck

Baby almost 3 weeks old and I'm not feeling right. If I'm busy and around people, it's grand. But once I'm on my own, I get these waves of fear and panic. I'm scared but not even sure what I'm afraid of. It is weird.

Baby almost 3 weeks old and I'm not feeling right. If I'm busy and around people, it's grand. But once I'm on my own, I get these waves of fear and panic. I'm scared but not even sure what I'm afraid of. It is weird.

Was it yourself that had a mental health appointment booked, if not why not see if you can get an appointment, does holles street look after that? You are still in their care for up to six weeks after arent you? You have a lot on caitriona, having a baby, coping with baby and 21 month old and moving house, thats a lot to do in a short space of time,you need to look after yourself as a priority.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Talk to your GP Caitriona.You are stressed, your body knows it, but your brain mightn't quite have caught up.You may be running on adrenalin a bit too.You have a lot going on.I would make an appointment today, I know there's a six week check up but it would probably be worth seeing someone before that.

I know we were talking about moving house in a timeframe shortly around the birth of no
    3 and to be honest, I couldn't handle the idea, it's a time when you want to be hunkered down in your own space with everything to hand, taking care of yourself and the baby-it's almost a primitive thing.You may be more bothered by it than your realise, so talk to your GP....cry on their shoulder.

I cannot bloody sleep with the snuffling tonight. He had improved but there’s obviously something caught in his nose far back because he is super bloody loud and keeps waking himself. I’m overtired and can’t switch off. Feck

My wee man isnt snuffling but kinda moaning, like he is in pain and i think he is, its either wind or constipation, sounds like constipation to me but he does have dirty nappies, well, he has one a day and it is very regular in terms of timing. So for aabout two hours last night he was wiggling and groaning in his sleep, i can totally empathise with the lack of sleep and not being able to switch off!

Trying to work out if it is the formula that doesnt suit him, how do you know if a formula is not right for hour baby, he is four weeks but it is only in the last few days that he seems to have this wind/constipation type pain. And he does throw up a lot of his bottles. Just dont knwo what to pput it down to

Yes I was so stressed a few weeks ago that I cried during an antenatal appt so the midwife sent me to mental health, but they thought I was fine. Mental health will see you up to six months postnatal. Had a good cry with the PHN yesterday and she encouraged me to phone to request an appointment. Its not until mid-December, although I'm really hoping I'll be feeling better by then as it's still early days.

It's just been a mad year. This baby was a bit of a surprise, and the pregnancy wasnt easy. My husband and I have been on the rocks all year and talked about separating at a couple of points. I've also had a very stressful year with my best friend, who I've essentially been on round-the-clock suicide watch for, and that's been very tough. Plus both myself and my husband have changed our jobs in 2018. And then obviously the buying and selling houses. Plus a one year old.

I am so ready for a much quieter 2019.

Yes I was so stressed a few weeks ago that I cried during an antenatal appt so the midwife sent me to mental health, but they thought I was fine. Mental health will see you up to six months postnatal. Had a good cry with the PHN yesterday and she encouraged me to phone to request an appointment. Its not until mid-December, although I'm really hoping I'll be feeling better by then as it's still early days.

It's just been a mad year. This baby was a bit of a surprise, and the pregnancy wasnt easy. My husband and I have been on the rocks all year and talked about separating at a couple of points. I've also had a very stressful year with my best friend, who I've essentially been on round-the-clock suicide watch for, and that's been very tough. Plus both myself and my husband have changed our jobs in 2018. And then obviously the buying and selling houses. Plus a one year old.

When I read your post I of course thought that it was all very difficult for you but also, and more positively, I also thought that you have achieved so much too, you have done amazing this year and done so much even if they weren't the nicest of things to experience you have done all of them and it's more than many people would get, you have two lovely boys, a new job, a house, your friend is still alive and you are still with your husband, there are not any negatives there even though it feels like they are negative at times.

December isn't far away caitriona, you will get there, you have come so far already.

When I read your post I of course thought that it was all very difficult for you but also, and more positively, I also thought that you have achieved so much too, you have done amazing this year and done so much even if they weren't the nicest of things to experience you have done all of them and it's more than many people would get, you have two lovely boys, a new job, a house, your friend is still alive and you are still with your husband, there are not any negatives there even though it feels like they are negative at times.

December isn't far away caitriona, you will get there, you have come so far already.

That's a lovely way of looking at it. Thank you for that. My mam said to me today that I am 95% of the way through everything and only have 5% to go. Which is true. So just got to keep my head down now and try to go as easy on myself as is possible in the circumstances. It is only going to get easier from here, surely!

Wow Catrionanic you poor thing, you have had so much to deal with. Sorry to hear you had such a rough patch with your husband, that has to be awful, but marriages can weather these storms and it sounds like you're doing great to come out the other end of such a tricky year. I'm glad to hear that you got an appointment but mid December is a while away, so if you think you need it, ask for an earlier appointment or to be put on a cancellation list if you can. It's now you need to talk to someone, not a month from now.

Greenttc that is a really great perspective, there are so many achievements there Catrionanic so try to give yourself some credit.

I saw the mental health team in the Coombe at about 36 weeks and they were great, midwife popped up to me on the ward after having the baby, and I'm due back with them on Wednesday. Thankfully I have felt really great since having the baby. My issues related to therapy I had before I got pregnant but now that I have my daughter I'm happy to put those issues to bed for another while, she's given me a very different perspective on life.

You have had one hell of a year. And a baby is hard enough without other stuff going on. Please be kind to yourself and take all the help and support you need.
    I hope it will all start to work out for you soon.

My own little man is very upset.. The grandparents have taken him for a couple of hours so I can bring my older too to some of their activities. I really hope he settles down soon. How is everyone else doing?

• Advertisement

Stress levels through the absolute roof today. We move out on Thursday (but won't move in to new house until monday) so packing like crazy and tripping over cardboard boxes. Living out of suitcases, sleeping on mattresses on the floor, and eating off paper plates. Whilst still trying to pack boxes and clean the house up a bit so that the purchasers don't take one look at the place and declare it to be an uninhabitable pig sty.

The one year old chose today to wake at 4.45am, and the baby is super unsettled. Just will not sleep. Full of wind and hard to console. And pooing through everything- I'm literally on his last outfit because everything is packed, and what isn't packed is in a mound on the kitchen floor as I can't keep up with the laundry.

THANK GOD FOR GRANDPARENTS. My parents have literally been saints the last few weeks. I am yet to do a full day alone with them and don't know how I will manage to eat or wash myself when that time comes soon. The longest I've managed is 4 hours. I only have to do 2 hours this morning and I was ready to run for the hills.

Also trying to express milk so husband can give him the odd bottle so I can get at least 3 or 4 hours sleep. Its totally doable when on my own with either baby or toddler, but impossible to find the time for with both of them.

Roll on new house on Monday. If I'm not in the Liffey before then!!! I've actually just gone out for a walk round the block while my dad entertains a hyper one year old and my mum rocks the baby (we have been trying to get him to go to sleep for three hours now). I've taken a detour to my aunt's (empty) apartment which I have the keys for, and I'm sat on her sofa with the curtains shut just savouring the silence. And wondering how long I can hide like this for.

If my parents weren't here, I would be committed, I'm telling ya. Actually I had probably better go back now before my mum alerts the guards for fear that I've done something stupid. Not that I would even have the organisational skills for that right now. I stopped in the shop for emergency chocolate just now, and found myself staring blankly at the cereal boxes for around two or three minutes before I realised what I was even doing.

Caitriona, your day sounds a bit like mine minus the house move. My baba won't sleep either these past two days, he was awake from 8 till 2 today and only fell asleep for half an hour then. The worst part of all is that I had to put him down just before 2 so that I could make his brothers lunch (he was coming in from creche) and he was crying but he kinda cried himself to sleep which i feel awful about, I am not totally against cry it out but I am definitely against it for a month old baby. He was only crying for a few short minutes but still, extreme guilt! After that he fell asleep again for three hours but only cause he was lying on my chest, I couldn't move a muscle.

Wind is the bane of my life, trying to remember when they grow out of having such bad wind. Things would be so much easier without it,you Could spend an hour rubbing and turning in circles and having him on your shoulder and across your knees, it's awful.

Pumping and looking after two children, god, totally couldn't do it, I hated it anyway but trying to do it on top of everything else would make me cry.

I have definitely had staring episodes where my head switches off. This evening I had one of those drives home on auto pilot where you don't really know how you got from a to b, frightening really.

I have "joked" with my husband that I am going to book into a hotel to sleep and get away from it all this weekend, it sounds really good right now!

Yes the poor babies with the wind. It is awful. My first was a pukey baby but he wasn't demented with it like this. I feel so bad for him. I keep thinking that something must be wrong? People are suggesting osteopathy or food allergies but I feel like he is only 3 weeks old so he will probably grow out of it? Torture for him in the meantime though. He's currently with his dad for a few minutes and crying in pain. Poor wee man.

I hear you on the driving. I do not trust myself behind the wheel these days. I was driving through goatstown yesterday evening with the two of them and had to pull over in a bus stop as baba was crying so hard. Eventually I settled him and almost pulled straight out on top of a passing car. It was scary. I'm definitely not alert enough to be safe on the roads.

I'm impressed you're even managing to make a toddler his lunch, to be honest. We are surviving off those toddler meals you can stick in the microwave.

I just wish we could help him with his wind. It would make life so much easier for all of us. I've been in the bed with him for 3.5 hours this evening trying to settle him.

We’re doing infacol here. Although I’ve just been relieved by the other half to have a cup of tea and a bite to eat after dealing with 1.5 straight hours of crying with wind so I’m not sure it’s working. This has been the second toughest evening so far with him, he just hasn’t seemed to get comfortable and my husband was working late so bedtime was ‘fun’ too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

Infacol here too. Not sure if it’s making much of a difference. Wondering is my let down a bit too fast for him and thereby increasing the wind because he gulps it too fast. So I’ve started using my manual pump before feeds to empty breast a little. Think it helped a bit yesterday.

Yep infacol with our lad also but I really can't see that it's making a difference, he still projectile vomits with wind coming up and then the feeding cycle starts again cause he has emptied his tummy. Ugh! Six week check up soon though so will see what gp says even though I am sure they will say there is nothing to be done.

We brought baby number one to an osteopath when he was a few weeks old for colic and I suppose wind (but he wasn't as bad as this baby) it is very hard to know if it did any good really, It is a very strange practice really it is so gentle you kind of wonder of they are doing anything at all but I don't doubt they are. We went to that lady on Merrion Square who always comes highly recommended, can't remember her name.

Lunches for toddler, well I feel bad for him with his life with us being turned upside down with the arrival of his brother so I feel like I need to give him good food that he likes to eat, I am just back from a walk to the super Market to see what I could give him that is a bit different! Dual purpose of walking the baby to sleep though and it has been a success! Yesssss!

Edited this to say that I also have guilt that he is shipped off to creche for four hours a day despite him LOVINg it. I feel like he only get a short time with me every day due to creche and naps etc hence the effort to make him lunches and dinners

God hope I am not coming across as if to say you should be doing the same cause we have the same aged children caitriona so don't read it like that at all, I'm just mad!

Mine elder in preschool and full time wrap around care (though he’s not in until all hours) because we’d lose our spot if we reduce it but also because he adores it and gets way more stimulation than I can give him right now

I’m literally dancing in the sitting room with him in the sling. He wails with colic everytime I stop moving so I’ve now set a book up on the changing station and I’m now moving on the spot afraid to stop. Eyes are finally drifting I think....

Edit: nope it took until almost 1am. Fecking wrecked

What exactly constitutes colic? Just wondering should we be giving some thing like infacol. C screamed the house down for over an hour tonight which is so completely out of character. She is normally very settled and feeds and sleeps well, we were so surprised to see her so upset. I tried massage and skin to skin which usually work to calm her and they didn't. Eventually put her in a bath of warm water and the farts started coming then and she relaxed. I'm hoping it was a one off but she hasn't been herself the past few days so I hope she's not developing a wind problem

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Mzo1978

Yep infacol with our lad also but I really can't see that it's making a difference, he still projectile vomits with wind coming up and then the feeding cycle starts again cause he has emptied his tummy. Ugh! Six week check up soon though so will see what gp says even though I am sure they will say there is nothing to be done.

We brought baby number one to an osteopath when he was a few weeks old for colic and I suppose wind (but he wasn't as bad as this baby) it is very hard to know if it did any good really, It is a very strange practice really it is so gentle you kind of wonder of they are doing anything at all but I don't doubt they are. We went to that lady on Merrion Square who always comes highly recommended, can't remember her name.

Lunches for toddler, well I feel bad for him with his life with us being turned upside down with the arrival of his brother so I feel like I need to give him good food that he likes to eat, I am just back from a walk to the super Market to see what I could give him that is a bit different! Dual purpose of walking the baby to sleep though and it has been a success! Yesssss!

Edited this to say that I also have guilt that he is shipped off to creche for four hours a day despite him LOVINg it. I feel like he only get a short time with me every day due to creche and naps etc hence the effort to make him lunches and dinners

God hope I am not coming across as if to say you should be doing the same cause we have the same aged children caitriona so don't read it like that at all, I'm just mad!

Hey
    That sounds like reflux ur little one has. Have u tried baby galviscon, my now 5 yr old was so bad with wind and vomiting bottles up thwn looking for more milk we tried the galviscon the infacol he ended up on losec and a food called nutramigen as he was lactose intolerant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Orange369

God everyone is having bad wind problems.. My LO sometimes gulps the bottles and almost chokes herself its very scary.. We switched to the mam bottles and they seem to help a bit but she still does it every couple of feeds.. the wind is awful tho, my girl seems to be worse with farts though than burping, you can see the relief when she does a few farts.. its crazy how you convinced something is wrong like colic relflux etc but when I mentioned these to the doc at 2 week app he said its just normal newborn symptoms.. I use infacol too but same in that I dont know if it helps really.. does anyone elses baby seem to grunt and make a lot of noise while sleeping!? wondering is this a normal newborn thing also lol

Advertisement